$4.57 a gallon

janie1234

Cathlete
I couldn't believe it! I live in the beautiful state of California and I just saw on the news that there is a gas station off the coast in Half Moon Bay, sorta near Santa Cruz that charges $4.57 a gallon for gas. It may make me sound old but I remember when I could go the movies for $1.75 and gas was $1.00 a gallon. I'm just curious, what is the most expensive gas price in your area? I thought New York was worse than California.

At $3.69/gallon in Michigan!

For our company's fleet of trucks the bill is several thousand dollars per month. Yikes.

I'm in N.E. OH, and right now gas is $3.59 a gallon. I remember when gas was .99 cents.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

In high school I could fill up my Ford Tempo for $10 /week. Gas averaged $1/gallon. Now I'm paying $80+/week for my gas-guzzlin' mama wheels! Times they are a-changin'!

I remember when gas hit $3 I wanted to cry and would hardly drive anywhere..... That would feel so cheap now.

avg. $3.59 in atlanta.

i remember when gas hovered around .80 and we used to try and find ones in the .70s!!! i think that was around 1991. i don't know what will happen if gas hits over $5 a gallon like they are predicting!

I'm from Victoria, Australia.

We are paying $7.50 for unleaded per gallon! And its rising!!!

Don't ya just love it!!

I had to work it out per gallon (we buy it by the litre) I remember filling up the car for $5.00 AUST.

Andrea.

$3.75 a gallon reporting in from CT.

Sparrow

"The winds of grace are always blowing but it's you who must raise your sail." - Sri Ramakrishna

It's $3.44 a gallon here in MS. Diesel is about $4 a gallon. Last year my husband went and bought a diesel truck becasue he said its always cheaper. Go figure.

Farrah

Here in CT I filled up yesterday for $3.79 a gallon. But hey, listen to this!!!......

I just got back from Belgium yesterday and there they pay by the liter. There's approximately 4 liters to a gallon and they are paying roughly 1.87 Euros per liter. That's um....about $8 per gallon of gas!!!!! I was with a woman over there who payed over $100 for a tank of gas!!!! Now *I* feel bad about complaining!! Gas prices here are nothin' compared to Europe!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Wow, looks like my $3.42/gallon in Minnesota is the cheapest so far. We definitely aren't driving as much as we used to...creating our own fun near home. Hmm...maybe I have gas prices to thank for this little bean I'm growing... :+

lisa

well hess and kroger are keeping it at 3.45(my car does poorly with these but my mom's truck loves it), most average shell,chevron etc is at 3.49, but exxon and a few smaller mom and pop stations are at 3.59

things that make you hhmmmm.

its not so much the gas going up,which is aggravating but expected, but the cost of everything else. the only thing that hasn't gone up is junk food and pay checks!!!!!!!

ETA:i live in lynchburg,va if you go over to the town of appomattox 30 miles their gas is running 3.55 and up. since appomattox is larger and mostly country they raise the price b/c they know if ppl need it they will pay for it or break down in the middle of nowhere.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

http://jtjulian2003.tripod.com

YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING,WHERE WOULD YOU PUT IT??

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/255246443.jpg

Whoa!! $4.57 is sick...and $8 in Euro is unconsconiable!! I'm sure I've misspelled that word! lol

On Marco Island, SW Florida, it's $3.69. My rooomate and I have definitely cut back on gas and stick pretty close to home. It's making a difference. I keep waiting for the prices to come down to fill my tank all the way up...it's NOT working! :p :7 :p

Allison,

I'm in CT too :) How did you like Belgium? Pretty country, no?

As for Europe, your comment got me thinking, yes the fuel is more expensive but it's also that their lifestyle is a lot different from ours, and perhaps they don't burn as much gas just in their day to day lives. How many of us here can walk or bike to work, or work for companies that provide showers for those who bike in? How many of us can ride our bikes to do errands? A Swedish email friend of mine asked me why DH and I just didn't use our bikes more. Well first off, we live in a rural area where there's pretty much nothing but farms and homes within walking distance. OK, there's an ice cream stand as well. :) And DH is a real estate agent with clients in two states. Is he supposed to plop his clients on his handlebars and pedal them down the interstate? Now there's an image! I guess my point is, we have always been a car culture. Right or wrong. And now I think it's so entrenched that it would be nearly impossible to change.

The whole driving/car culture is different here, and, Europeans correct me if I am off base, it seems a lot easier to not drive in many European locales.

I think the oil companies are just banking on the middle class being willing to put up with just about anything.x(

Sparrow

"The winds of grace are always blowing but it's you who must raise your sail." - Sri Ramakrishna

>It may make me sound old
>but I remember when I could go the movies for $1.75 and gas
>was $1.00 a gallon.

Old? Give me a break!;-)

I remember when kids could go to the movies for 25 cents, and gas was 45 cents a gallon.

I remember when gas prices first went to $1 a gallon, and the gas pumps (the non-digital types, with the 'rolling' numbers) weren't calibrated to be able to go that high, so they set them at 1/2 the actual amount and put up signs saying that the total cost would be twice what was shown.

Here in upstate NY it can range anywhere from 3.59 to 3.90 depending on the station or the town. It is quite crazy and it seems to go up everyday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.