30 Day Cardio/Strength Rotation!!!

Nanbo

Cathlete
I'll be starting the Xtrain 30 Day Cardio & Strength Combined Rotation tonight!!!:eek:
Who else has done or is doing this rotation???
Your thoughts?
I've never done a rotation of cardio/strength on the same day everyday and just one body part strengthening per day...can't wait to experience something NEW!!! ;)

I was wondering also for this rotation, did any of you add on any additional cardio? I like to work out at least 2 times a day with Cathe, so I was just wondering about anything additional anyone added on with this rotation.

I was wondering also for this rotation, did any of you add on any additional cardio? I like to work out at least 2 times a day with Cathe, so I was just wondering about anything additional anyone added on with this rotation.

I wondered this as well (just the part about extra cardio, not the part about working out 2 times to Cathe! If I tried that I'd need to call you, Firemedic, to revive me :p:D), and also if anyone added extra weight training like the 100 rep challenges?

I'd like to try that rotation but using more cardio variety than the xtrain cardio workouts. Like Crossfire and to the Max, and some step cardio too. And Kickmax.Make it more like CTX (the original Cross Train Express).
Beth

This was the first rotation I completed after receiving the XTrain videos. I loved it, but it kicked my butt. I was drenched every single day. Some days I did add on the 100 rep challenges. My calves and legs really saw an increase in muscle and definition.

I did add any cardio add on, but I think her heavy bag tabatas could be a good 15 minute add on from the XTrain series--just a thought.

Enjoy the rotation!

-Michele

Him I bet the new DVDs she is doing would be good to add more cardio. Man I can't wait for them!! Come on Cathe let's get filming, I am cracking the whip now lol. Just kidding!!! I remember she said that in a video

Is there a link to this rotation? I like to print then out, hang them in my workout room and check off the workouts as I finish them.

Is there a link to this rotation? I like to print then out, hang them in my workout room and check off the workouts as I finish them.

It's in the Xtrain User Manual.....and you can download it from the calendarin the Workout Manager and then print it....I just started Week 2 and I LOVE IT!!!!!:eek:

UPDATE on Xtrain 30 Day Cardio/Strength Rotation

WOW!!!!!:eek:
All that cardio is really paying off (I'm feeling leaner!), and the strength training seems to be working too!
One thing I do notice is that I'm not able to lift as heavy as I normally do when I have a strength only workout...I think it's because I'm really giving the cardio my all and my energy reserves are a bit diminished ;)!
All in all, I really love this type of training!!!
I recommend everyone to give this one a try!:D

I may try it!! This is how I lost 70 pounds when I was 24 yrs old!! Cardio n weights after the cardio every day with one day rest! I wonder what it will do now at 43

This thread is making me want to give it a try. I've always preferred cardio + strength workouts. I also really enjoyed CTX even though I only did it the way it was created to be used once--after that I mixed and matched things.

I just finished mesocycle 1 of STS, but I'm already thinking of what I will do next (after I finish all of the mesocycles that is). Anyone thought of doing a rotation where you do all of her cardio+strength series in a month? For example, 1 week of Xtrain cardio + strength, 1 week of CTX, 1 week of 4DS and 1 week of Timesaver.

Last edited:
I am going to do this rotation too (with a few adjustments - to include power yoga and so the workouts fall on the same day each week). I am going to use the new leg workouts, great glutes & leaner legs with it. I have a couple of other rotations on deck before, so it should time perfect to when they are available. I really like the idea of working one upper body part per day, and legs twice (and the new leg workouts sound like they really will compliment each other nicely).

I'm in the middle of week 2 of this rotation and love it. I did change the days of doing the workouts. I didn't want to do 2 days in a row of high impact so I am trying to alternate those workouts with the low impact one and legs. So mine is more like this: Sunday - All out low impact chest premix, Monday - Hard strikes premix, Tuesday - Legs premix, Wednsday - Tabatacise premix, Thursday - All out low impact shoulder premix, Friday - Cardio leg blast premix. So now I'm just trying to change some of the workouts around so I don't do exactly the same thing each week and keep changing things up. But I love it because of all the premix options, you can truly make it your own workout to fit your needs. Plus, I usually add on another workout each day in addition to these. So I can still do my yoga and other cardio only workouts.

Nanbo, just a quick THANK YOU for recommending this rotation! I just started week 2 and am loving it! I am not a huge fan of Tabatacise, so I've been switching it out with To The Max and Crossfire... But still really feeling this - in a good way!

This just may be the rotation to break through the plateau I hit after my original XTrain 90-day ended in April. Thanks again!

Carol.d - how did this rotation compare to the XTrain 90 day one? Were the results different? Was it harder? I got great XTrain results, and am wondering where to go now!
Thanks!
Justine

Hi, Justine -

I just started week two on Monday, so I don't have any *official* results to report yet. But I am finding this rotation very leg- and cardio-focused, which I really need for my pear shape! You are essentially working your legs in some format all six days, and just adding one upper body focus each of the days. I don't own 4-Day Split, but I imagine it is a similar format to this.

My goal is not so much to lose weight, as it is to tone my legs. I got great upper body toning results from the original XTrain 90-Day Undulating (all that lifting to failure!), and actually gained 2 pounds - but in a good way!

I feel like this 30-Day Cardio/Strength rotation is a great complement to the original 90-Day rotation - and as I said in my original post, I am subbing-in To The Max and Crossfire for the Tabatacise days (and 1 of the HiiT days too). To me, this helps break-up the routine a little bit, so I don't get bored doing the same XTrain w/o's every week.

HTH!

Thanks for that - exactly what I needed to know! We sound similar (I need to tone my legs rather than lose weight). I loved what XTrain did for my upper body, but didn't see much happening to my legs. I've just started the Rock Bottoms rotation to try to balance things out - the only problem being that I don't have quite a few of the dvds. I think I'll give XTrain/strength a go.
Thanks,
Justine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.