2011 NEW YEAR'S STS CHALLENGERS-WEEK OF 1/9

Sorry to miss a day!

Yesterday was a blizzard! So I did the 3 hour shovel out my stairs and near my car workout (We have a plow guy come do the driveway, but 21 inches of snow meant lots of leftovers around the 2 cars)

It was fun though.

Today I did disk 4 of meso 1. Chest, shoulders, triceps and jogged for 1.2 miles!

Today I changed it up a bit and did a circuit of cardio and endurance weights instead of straight up cardio so that said, my work out was as follows:

CLX Get Lean Intervals
Abs on the Bench segment from BBC Full Body w/o

Leela:: Shoveling for 3 hours? Yeah! I'd say that's a work out! WOW :eek:

Kristin:: Hope you enjoy your rest day! Well deserved for certain!

Sherry:: So did you get your ab work in yet? Good job on the run!

Julie:: I can't wait to get to meso 2. It seems to be the fave of the 3 cycles in STS.

Cendrine:: Yup, they say strengthen your abs and use them in every day movements to keep the pressure/stress off your back.

Cynthia:: LIC is a fun one! I have INTENSITY on dvd and plan to get it in download form at some point. I picked up the IMAX2 download last night. Couldn't resist at 30% off. ;) I love that w/o!

Hope everyone has a great day! TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hi all!

I did do abs last night, just didn't get to post. DS was working all evening on a paper for school.

Trying to figure out if I'lo get in any kind of workout this evening. Need to pick up a few things on my way home for the guys before they leave for the weekend (they'll be camping and dog sledding - how cool is that?!). Then it's my turn to drive the carpool for DD's soccer practice. It's also the monthly scrapbooking night. STS D6 is on the workout schedule, but I don't know where that hour is coming from. Might need to put that off until tomorrow, which also messes with my running schedule (which I'm doing great on!)

Cynthia - I second the low impact. It's not that it hurts my joints, but I just don't have the capabilty/endurance and need to modify. That's why I like the lo HiiT on Intensity so much.

Cendrine - Pikes on the ball - awesome! I have balance issues with those, which means the core needs to strengthen up. Love that your chiro is already noticing the changes from STS!

Julie - I haven't looked ahead yet, so what makes Meso 2 legs better?

Kristin - I'm might be taking a forced rest day, if I can't get my hour for STS. I'm finding that I'm stiff 2 days after an STS work out, like today my tri's were really stiff this morning. Not sore DOMS, just like resistance to movement. Are you feeling any of that?

Leela - 21 inches! That does count as a workout. How was weights and jogging on the same day? I've been splitting the two.

Wendy - Do you think the day of endurance weights will affect your STS rotation? Probably not any more than all of the snow shoveling, right?

I think that's everyone - sorry if I forgot you - not intentional.

I'll try to get back tonight after I see what I can do when I come up for a breath!

Sherry:: If you need to take a rest day, so be it. Life happens...even to Cathe! ;) You'll make it work! :) I don't think the endurance lifting will have any negative affects on my STS work outs. I have STS Legs tmrw but no upper body on tap until Monday so it's all good. :D

Hey guys. Disc 6 on tap for tonight. I cannot believe that I am almost done with week two. i am feeling good and glad that I took that rest day yesterday.

Sherry- I feel tightness in my muscles, almost like light DOMS.

Wendy- great workout!

Leela- Oh my and I thought we on LI had it bad! Where do you? We've only had two major snowstorms this winter and I am feeling done with the snow!!! Before and during the holidays I enjoy it, but after the holidays I am just looking for spring!

Julie- Yesterday the roads weren't so bad, until I got to the town my work is at. they did a lousy plowing job over by my job.

Cendrine- ITA , ab strength definitely goes with back strength. Way to go. Pikes are not my favorite, that is for sure :eek:.

Cynthia- LIC is one of my favorites and I love the step only premix. The music rocks, especially Cyndi L.!!!!

Well, I'll be back later to report on disc 6!

Kristin

Disk 3 done second time around and ss tm walk. It was a good workout, but I felt like I tweaked my back on one of the stretches. So am taking some advil to counteract any ensuing inflammation.
I was at Whole Foods today and decided that my lunch was going to come from the juice bar.... and I decided since it was going to be my lunch to make it a 32oz cup....:eek: It was great, but the ginger they juiced into it was really hot, so I might skip ginger next time. How can you tell when ginger is hot and when it's not?? Because sometimes it tastes great in whatever I put it in and other times it really brings on the heat...:confused: I haven't figured out how to tell the diff....

Leela, I can't imagine shoveling that much snow! I'm in California, so none of that here, ever...LOL! But what a workout!

Sherry, if you want to stay on a roll, maybe get up an hour earlier for the workout before the day hits you?

Kristin, I am feeling great about being into Sts for the second week already! Of course I'm really still just finishing out week 1 but the second time after all!

Wendy, I love Imax 2 as well, that was one of the first cathe workouts I got. It's so fun! One of these days I hope to be able to do it again without modifications.

Hi everyone else!

Hello everyone!

I'm checking in as I drink a glass of my favorite wine (my cheat;)). I did STS full body workout today. My first time doing this workout. I love full body workouts and this on was a goodie! High Reps is my favorite, with STS a close second. I could lift heavier with STS TB compared to HR. I love the sliding plate exercises too!

I feel adding a full body workout to my rotation is working really well for me. I'm recovering and feel strong. I will say I miss STS the second half of the week because I finish all three disc by Tuesday.

I'm taking a rest day tomorrow, or I might jump on my elliptical for some long SS to sweat the wine out.:D

Kristin, I can't wait to start week two Sunday!!!

Leela, that is a lot of snow to shovel!! Confession time...we do not shovel snow. DH and I adopted a theory....God put there, He can take it away.:D

Cendrine, sorry to hear about your back. Boy, do I know what it's like too. :(

Fit mommy, I love lean intervals! I've been downloading all of my favorite Cathe workouts as they go on sale. You can't beat the 30 percent off. I bought Imax2 this week and last week Gym Styles lower body. Heck, I may have all my favorite Cathe downloads completed by the time I complete STS. :cool:

Disc 6 done!!!!! i am officially half-way thorugh Meso 1! I did narrow squats with 30 #DBs and my legs are fried!!!!

Cynthia- Week 2 coming up! ;)

Cendrine- Imax 2 is one of my all-time favs as well. I just got it this summer too, I was afraid to buy it for so long because I didn't think I could do it. It was the first really tough cardio workout I bought from Cathe.

BB tomorrow. I am thinking CCC or one of the MMas depending on how sore my legs are.

Kristin

Hi everyone!

Long day for me, so I'll have to catch up tomorrow. I did IMAX for my cardio today (8 1/2 i'vals) then PUB abs. My lower half finally has some nice DOMS going on!

I'll check back in tomorrow after I finish Disc 15! :)

Julie

I had my alarm wake me up for my workout and I just didn't feel it... So I got up, took my medicine that I'm supposed to take on an empty stomach and went back to bed... Forgot that it said not to lie down for the next ten minutes of taking it and started feeling sick...:rolleyes: Well, when the kids got up they made breakfast with dh while I did my back exercises and abs and stretch, but other than that, I declare today a rest day.

Cardio Core Circuit done! :D:D. This one always gets me borderline puking, lol.
I swear I dread doing it, but I am so happy to have done it once it is over.

Cendrine- enjoy your rest day!

Julie- how was disc 15 today?

Tomorrow will be another cardio, probably short step plus abs. maybe step Moves or Athletic step depending on how I am feeling.

BBL
Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.