2011 NEW YEAR'S STS CHALLENGERS-WEEK OF 1/9

Hello everyone!

I finished chest/triceps Disc 2 today. The band work in this workout is a killer!!! Burn baby burn!!! I'm thinking about doing kickboxing from 4DS this afternoon.

I have weighted gloves, but I find pace weights easier to work with.
I'm not sure if you have seen these...
http://paceweights.com/

I'm super hungry today!!! I really believe it has to do with the cold weather. It's cold an snowy here today....I wish I were in Florida on a warm sunny beach. :)

I did a tm 30/30 today plus weights and plates abs. That's one I need to throw in there often so I can get better at it...:eek:

I am having trouble keeping up posting, you guys are keeping me on my toes! LOL! If I don't get to all of you it's not because I'm ignoring you, it's because I'm running out of time!

But quickly....
Cynthia, cold weather always makes me eat more, too! Yes, it's all the weather's fault...LOL!

Sherry, I'm impressed with your pushup power! I didn't even do half of all of them on my toes and am feeling it in my pecs... LOL
I try to go to fruit too, when the sweet tooth hits!

Leela, good job on the workout and clean eating!

Kristin, your description of the push ups is just about exactly how mine goes! LOL!

Julie, the vest I have is only 2lbs heavier than the non-adjustable one, and this way if you have the adjustable one, you can always have the option of upping it if you ever feel like it but don't have to. That's why I got that one, I like that I can use it for more stuff because it can adjust.

Well, gotta run, dance classes for the kids this afternoon. They just announced recitals....not sure I wanna go there....:rolleyes:

Hi ladies!

Just back from a run. 2 miles in 23 degrees with a light snow. I love running in weather like this! Also . . . drum roll please . . . I signed up for the 1/2 marathon in October. that's 9 months to go from 3 miles to 13.1. That's a really big goal for me!

Also, correction for last night - all push-ups were done on KNEES, not toes. Didn't think I could handle the several days of pec DOMS again. Based on how I'm feeling today (good), next week I'll do some on my toes again. (Last week's DOMS were excruciating)! I was very tired when I typed that last night. Starting to work out intense again is making me need more sleep. 7 hours just isn't doing it.

Wendy - Love the HiiT's! How do you like BBL? I've heard mixed reviews about that one.

Cynthia - Yes, amazing how those little band are killers! Thinking we need some pace weights. The fitness wish list is getting very long!

Cendrine - Great job getting in the ab work. I happy I'm getting them done. I usually conveniently "forget" to do them.

Now off to run the kids around for the evening on the snowy streets. Would rather run than drive in it. Have a great evening!

Hi everyone!

Okay, I realize my check-ins are totally inconsistent, but my life is crazy busy ALL the time!:eek:

I did Disc 1 of Meso 2 this morning. Wow!!:eek: I did the elliptical first (~10 mins.). My upper body is still trembling! I realized today that all those Cathe DVDs I've been lifting I've been going waaaaay too easy on myself.:confused: I also realize now why this meso schedules the legs in between upper body workouts!

Sherry, you made me feel better! Not that I don't believe you can't do them all on your toes!;) And I know EXACTLY how you feel about needing the sleep. This program forces me to sleep. It wears me out! Be careful out in the snow! Great goal by the way! You can do it!!

Cendrine, good point about the vest. There are so many things I would like to help aid me in this program! And I hear ya on the posting! It's hard for me too.:eek:

Cynthia, I love the band work too, and 4DS Kickboxing is one of my very favorites! I have heard of the pace weights before but I'm still trying to afford all the weights. I think my husband is getting worried about all the equipment I'm needing, but I try to convince him this program would be good for him too.;):D And love the pic of your dog!

Wendy, sounds like you have a lot of interesting workouts! How do you like Hiit 30/30 compared to DWP? I downloaded 30/30 but kind of regret that I didn't buy the whole DVD.:confused:

Leela, I totally agree about the clean eating. I feel so much better on days that I eat totally clean. Just wish I could have more of them.:eek:

Kristin, that's interesting that you thought the weights were too heavy. For much of Meso 1 I thought I could have gone heavier (but didn't). So NOT the case today though for some reason. I wonder if I didn't push myself thru the 1RM's enough and it's evened out now? And yes, I really enjoyed my rest week. I was worried that I wouldn't but my body really needed it and I felt refreshed starting up again. I did a little bit of everything: cardio, yoga, stretching, abs, and took one day to totally rest.:)

Hope you all have a safe and restful night!

Julie

Evening all. so today's workout turned out to be Intensity step only premix and SB ABS from ABS Circuits. I just love, love, love the music on Intensity!

Snow day tomorrow!:)

Julie- I think that the rest week will be hard for me. when you say cardio, did you do a dvd or just a treadmill walk or whatever? just curious. Most of the weights seem spot on for me, but those overhead presses were too much.

Sherry- I hear you about the sleep. One of the many good things about working out consistently, I don't have insomnia anymore, lol.

Cendrine- Hiit and Circuit Blasts are the only two dvds from Shock Cardio I do not have. The hiit especially looks so intense. I have CCC though, so I am thinking if I can survive CCC (it nearly kills me every time) then I could survive Hiit, right?

Wendy- the gloves help me to meet the odd weight numbers too, but for many exercises I need a 12 or 15 # db, so I take them on and off a lot and there are times I just cannot get them on in time, those rests go so fast!

Okay, disc 5 tomorrow!

night,
Kristin

Kristin, I wanted to respond to this before I forgot. For my cardio I did low impact, such as the low impact premix from Kickmax, the cardio timesaver premix from LIC (including the leg conditioning), and the lower body cardio premix from Low Impact Step. The other days I did only abs or yoga/abs. It helped that I was fending off a cold so I didn't want to risk not being able to start up again.

I only have Hiit 30/30 so I can't speak for the other two workouts on that disc, but I also have CCC and I think it's tougher than 30/30. I'd love to know what others think. :) Plus, I wish I had Intensity!

Julie

Morning.

I have some rockin' DOMS in my thighs from Tonique. :)

Today will be either week 2 disc 2 or some kickboxing. OR...if my job closes for snow then maybe both! :D

Cynthia:: So did you do 4DS KB y'day? I really like that work out.

Cendrine:: I went to a couple dance recitals for my neices. UGH. So happy I don't have a girl. :p

Sherry:: Congrats on signing up the half! It's a great distance! 9 months is more then enough time to get your mileage up there. You'll do great! I really like BBL. I did a slightly modified rotation of it when I first got it and definitely saw results. My pants were loser in the derierre (and waist too!) when I was done! :D It depends on how your body responds to light weight or no weight/high rep work outs. Some like the work outs but just don't get the results b/c their bodies don't respond favorably to that kind of training. Lucky for me, my body liked it! ;) The instructor is majorly goofy but he's a cutie. I don't mind him at all. Then again, I enjoy Tony Horton's antics in P90X and he grates on a lot of peoples nerves! LOL

Julie:: 30/30 is the easiest of the HiiTs but still hard. DWP is tough. The first pyramid cycle isn't so bad but once I am into the second I feel like dying! :eek::D Yes, I am the queen of variety when it comes to my work outs. I adore Cathe but would get bored super fast if I had no other instructors to choose from.

Kristin:: Enjoy your snow day! My son has off from school today. Now I'm just waiting to see if mamma has off from work! ;)

Oh my goodness what a mess of a work out I did this morning but it ended well so it's all good. LOL

I started out with kickboxing. Tried 15 mins each of 2 new w/o's and wasn't into either so I quit thinking I needed to get ready to go to work cause they never called to close the place. Booh. Well after hearing from DH who was on his way in to his job in a 4 wheel drive vehicle (I don't have one), I decided to stay home w/my son whose school is closed today anyway. So after a little while, I went back into my work out room for round 2 and a new plan! LOL I pulled out STS disc 2/week 2 and went for it! Great work out and rounded it out with 1/2 of 6 wk/6 pck w/o #2. So a disjointed hour and 45 minutes later, I ended up with a pretty darned good w/o! :p

Off to enjoy my day off so I'll BBL!:)

Good morning ladies!

I did it.... but it wasn't pretty.:eek: I tried Intensity this morning. I did the entire step portion, skipped the high impact HIIT (wise decision for me;)) and completed the low impact HIIT segment.
My lower back is bothering me this morning and I struggled with the high impact, plus I fumbled through sections of the step.:eek::eek: I may go back later today and try the step portion again. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the low impact section!:D I think Cathe does a fantastic job with high intensity low impact. I hope she will consider putting together a low impact series. I love LIC.

Fit mommy, I didn't fit the 4DS kickboxing yesterday. I spent too much time on the puter!:eek::eek:

Sherry, Congrats on the half marathon!!!

My goal for today....eat less!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: I was a bit of a pig yesterday, I grazed all day!:eek:

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did CCC followed by No Equipment Abs. I think that one is my favorite yet of the Ab Circuits. I think I've said that about others.:p Afterwards I did Stretch Max and it felt great! I'm surprised after yesterday's workout that I have very subtle DOMS, but maybe there is more pain to come? And even MORE surprisingly I have lower body DOMS which has to be from the med ball abs I did yesterday! (The squat where you lift the ball up as in kettlebell exercises.) Guess I haven't worked the lower half in awhile.:p

Cynthia, I'm sorry about your back. Hope you can find some relief. I so desperately want Intensity, particularly for the low impact segment! Today has been my grazing day.:eek::confused:

Wendy, glad you ended up happy with your workout! There is nothing I dread more than popping a DVD in and not feeling into it. You'll have to let me know some of your other favorite DVDs. There aren't many of Cathe's I don't have (none of the new ones, but they wouldn't do me much good now other than Intensity) and a few of the shock cardio.

Have a great day!

Julie

Disc 5 completed! Yay! My triceps are shaking, lol. Some of the exercises I did to failure, like those one arm cross body extensions, geesh. The drop sets at the end too, even though the weight was lighter by the third set, my muscles were fried!

Cynthia- Intensity rocks1 how'd you like the music. I love the songs on that one. Sorry to hear about your boack, smart move just doing the Low impact Hiit. no point in hurting yourself.

Julie- CCC is up for tomorrow for me. I always dread it. Then at the end i am happy I survived, lol. No Equip abs and med ball abs are my favorite so far on Ab Circuits. Thanks for the input on the rest week. I think I will do something similar to that.

Cendrine, Sherry and Leela, how are you all doing today?

I am dreading going to work tomorrow because I hate driving on icy roads and the temps are so low, the roads are definitely going to be icy. I'll have to leave super early!

Kristin

Wendy- Nice workout!!!!

I'm baaack! :D:DI just finished my second round of Intensity step segment. My second run through was not too bad.:) This workout is great! You have so many wonderful options!!! It's several workouts in one.. It's a keeper! :cool::D I have the digital download and plan to use this workout a lot!

Julie, the low impact section is pretty short, but completely awesome! The first step segment is not too high impact either. I'm not quite ready for the high impact section, but I will build to it eventually.

Kristin, I LOVE the music in this workout! I was singing, "Welcome to my world...":cool:
I totally understand what you mean about driving on icy roads. I'm terrified of sliding out of control. I've been stuck at home for two day because of snow/ice. :(

Disc 2 and tm uphill walk done! I think I'm going light on the weights, because I don't feel a bad burn, but I had my chiro appt today and she could tell my back was out of alignment all around the shoulders....And I decided to stick with the tubing instead of doing chinups, and here I am still doing too much.... LOL! I guess I can't help it. But it was a fun workout! The band really does bring on the burn big time! No weights needed there!
The Chiro hasn't seen me since I started STS two weeks ago and she noticed that I have lost weight already...! Nothing like a little motivation!;)

Cynthia, I agree with your review on Intensity, the step portion isn't that bad for us low impacters, easy enough to modify. I'm glad you like it so much! I would love it too, if she came out with a complete LI series! THere is a thread on suggestions where tons of people have requested it. I like her low impact on Intensity, it gives me ideas of what to do when I do other interval workouts and can't do the high impact blasts.

Kristin, I think CCC is at least as tough as hiit, so with that said, I think you would do fine! You should feel so accomplished each time you do CCC! It's no walk in the park!

Julie, nice workout! I think i like the pilates abs the best, but I really like the stability ball one as well!

Wendy, you have had quite a workout! Congrats!

Hey ladies!

Late post to say I did get STS D5 done, and that was after shoveling the circle drive! Cathe's bandwork - argh! Triceps 'specially worked to exhaustion!

Short post tonight - going to bed on time for a change! Will catch up with personals tomorrow!

See you all then!

Good morning ladies!

Where is fit mommy this morning? She usually beats me to the check-in? :)

I just finished LIC cardio timesaver 48 minutes. I love this step workout! The music puts me in such a good mood!:D

Cendrine, Wise decision to go lighter... I think I need a chiro adjustment. My hips and low back are always out of whack. :(
I posted my desire for a low impact series in the suggestion thread. That thread is growing, so hopefully Cathe will consider it.

Sherry, you are amazing!! Shoveling snow and STS in one day! I would have counted snow shoveling as my workout. You must be super woman!:cool: Can you move today?!!!

Where is fit mommy this morning? She usually beats me to the check-in? :)

I'm here! :D LOL IDK why I haven't posted here yet today. I keep popping in, reading and leaving. :confused:

This morning's work out was DM Timesaver Cardio Premix plus 6 minutes of plank work. Hurts so good! :eek:

So I have a plan for my cardio work outs during STS...When I go home tonight I'm going to start a list of all of the cardios I've done so far since I began STS b/c I want to do a different cardio every day and see how many of them in my (vast) collection I can get through (if not all), by the time the rotation is over. Should be interesting!!!! :D

I also plan on purchasing the IMAX2 download tonight since it's 30% off. I'm going to buy em up as they go on sale! Slowly but surely I'll collect them all and save a bunch of $$$ doing it too! WOOT! ;)

Sorry but my brain isn't into personals right now...I'll catch up with them later or tmrw! :cool:

Last edited:
30/30 Hiit and stability ball abs today for me. I did very well on the pikes, which was very encouraging! I think it also means that my back is getting better, because I figure, the stronger my abs are, the less strain on the back, right?

I don't have time for personals either, today, sorry, but I hope you all have a great workout!

Hi Everyone!

Workout this morning was the first leg disc of Meso 2. Loved it! I've only done two discs from Meso 2, but I already like this style better.:D I have been completely wiped out today, and I think that's why.:confused:

Cendrine, your back must be getting better. Good news! I have a very hard time w/those pikes.

Wendy, great workout! And that sounds like a fun plan!

Cynthia, I love that workout too. One of my favorites for cardio! Nice compliment from the Chiro!;)

Sherry, wow, I hope you aren't too sore today.:eek: I really enjoy shoveling snow for the workout! You are smart to get to bed early!

Kristin, I hope the roads weren't too bad for you. Did you get CCC in today? I want the DVD so I can do the cardio only premix.

Have a great night everyone!

Julie

Got my cardio done! 2 mile run/walk. Getting better every time I get out there.

Still need to get in abs, which I promise I'll do. I'll be back with personals after that.

Quick check in for me. Made today my rest day. I am beat!!!! I'll be back tomorrow for personals and disc 6!!!!

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.