12 Week Challenge Check in....ALL WELCOME...12/31 START

Count me in Gayle! Although the exercise may be "off" for a few days - recovering from a cold & working thru chest congestion right now. I could do weight work, though...

I definitely need something like this.

:)

Lori-you can do whatever YOU want for YOUR challenge. Take whatever measurements and pictures you want or need. Write down your goals. Then you can either put them out there to share with us, or you can keep them private....it's COMPLETELY up to you. No pressure, just SUPPORT!

Andrea-it will be nice 'seeing' you again! I've missed you!

Gang....I just got my journal started for the first 3 weeks! I printed out my forms, jotted down a rough draft of my goals, and I'm getting PUMPED UP!

I'm HONESTLY SOOOOOOOOOOO excited about how many of us are going to be wading thru the first 12 weeks of 2008 TOGETHER!

Gayle

RE: 12 Week Challenge Check in....ALL WELCOME...12/31 S...

I'm in too! This is just what I need. Looking forward to checking in and being accountable again. Heaven knows I NEED TO!

[font color=red size=+2 font face="Kristen ITC"] Kali [/font]

Count me in!! I am doing my *first* half marathon on March 15th so this challenge is perfect for me! I need to really clean up my eating. I lost 25 lbs in the first six months of this year thanks to Weight Watchers and Cathe but have been in a rut since mid-June....not gaining but not really losing either. So my goals will be to stick to WW, journal every day and stick to my workout plan. Pictures and measurements to be taken tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone!

Count me in, too! I am actually starting today!!!! I'm still working through a cold, but I am back to working out fairly hard, and eating healthy, starting today! I like to start my rotations on Sun., so today is the day for me! Can't wait for a few more to join in tommorrow!!! I only want to lose maybe 3 or 4 lbs. of fat, but gain some more muscle. I may actually weigh more at the end, but I am totally ok with that, knowing that it will be muscle! :)

I'm interested in this. however, I would like to do the hybrid of BFL and cathe. How do I get started?????

I'm new at this:)

This is just what I'm looking for. I use SparkPeople to track my food and follow my own eating plan but consistency is what I'm looking for -- and accountability. And fellow Cathe-ites are my favorite people, so hey, I'm in!
I actually started today. No more Xmas cookies or chocolate. I have 10 pounds to lose and I think it's do-able in 12 weeks, that actually sounds very reasonable. I am getting ready to spend my 90 minutes with Cathe in my basement workout room so today has been a positive.
Meredith

I think this is something that I need. I was actually thinking about doing some sort of 12 week BFL rotation. I did this once before and lost weight. I was doing well before the holidays but as we all know what happens during the holidays. I haven't gained weight but I haven't lost either.

I am going to try this out and see if it helps get me back on track. Hoping to start on Monday, even though we are going out to dinner, I still think I can do well.

See everyone in the check-in - now to only remember to check - in :)

Rhonda

Sounds great! I'm in and look forward to the challenge.:)
I'm going to wrap up all the holiday cookies and candies and sent them out of the house.

Happy New Year and good luck!

Gayle -

Thanks for coming up with this idea and following thru. I did BFL in 2000 and lost 20 pounds. I went from being a coach potato to working out 6 days a week. The weight training totally reshaped my body and got me hooked for life. Fast forward 8 years - I'm up the 20 pounds and more - ugh! I'm hypothyroid which along with my age (43) makes it harder and harder to lose weight. The BFL eating plan worked for me last time so I'm going to try it again. I just have to watch out for the free day and make sure I don't add extra "free days" along the way. x(

You're a true inspiration for me. Look forward to following you and others on our 84 day journey. My journey began 2 days ago on 12/29 so already on day 3. Overcame my first challenge last night - DH took the kids shopping to spend some of their Christmas money and I was home alone with CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES in the kitchen! :eek: I had all 6 meals already so couldn't cheat and call one of those cookies my "carb" for meal 6 (I know someone who actually used to consider cupcakes and cookies her carbs - funny huh?). It was probably better than I was done eating and just avoided the kitchen entirely. Anyway, thanks again and I'll look forward to the checkin.

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.