12 Week Challenge 05-03/ Week 2?

Here I am to post my food so far....

1) kashi cereal w/ff milk (before work out)
2) 1/2 liverwurst sandwich (after legs/abs)
3) protein shake from the gym (after run)
4) kashi cereal w/ff milk
5) tuna salad on white (eek!LOL) bread
6) ???

I have about 1/2 of my water down and I'm workin' on the rest as I type this.

Gotta go fold clothes and throw another load in the wash while DS is watching the WIGGLES!:+

TTYL!:)

Hi all.Today's workout was a 20 min steady state run outside followed by taebo impact ,kpc abs and stretch.
Food today
1-egg white's with cheese and tomatoe
2-whey shake
3-cottage cheese and pineapple
4-spagetti and salad
5-will probaly be either cereal or tuna

kathy -way to go on the lb dropage
wendy-I know I have been working on increasing my milage-I had buit it up to were I was running over 20 miles a week last summer but over winter only managed to get in 2-3 miles a weekx(
I am also trying to build back up my speed.I am doing cardio coach tommorrow on tm so that will make 3 times this week but low miles still till I work up to more.

GAYLE and HEIDI- I just made the ruhbarb muffins and the Squash and Onion Frittata. How fabulous both recipes were. The Frittata was so filling one fourth of it really fills you up. Heidi, my kids even liked the muffins. Woo Hoo. I found them another good snack for after gymnastics practice. Thanks ladies. I can't say enough how good they tasted.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Shelia,

I am trying to decide between purchasing a cardio coach work out or an itrain work out. I have no idea if I'll like either one of them or not so I'm leaning towards the less expensive one (itrain) to start and if I like it then I can try cardio coach.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in another run this week...I only have one more day for cardio at the gym and I want to spin so unless I run late for the class running will have to wait for next week now.

Phew! I'm glad you liked the rhubarb muffin recipe Karen. You always worry that someone will make a recipe you've passed on and then have it be a total flop! :eek: :)

Heidi

Okay, this morning I did CTX All Step, then PFL Pilates for Flexibility this afternoon.

Meals today:

1. 2 rhubarb low sugar muffins, 4 egg whites
2. Go Lean cereal + blueberries, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, soy milk; grapefruit juice
3. muesli cereal + soy milk, 2 egg whites
4. Tuscan White Bean & Chicken soup, 1 ww rhubarb low sugar muffin
5. six bean salad
6. cottage cheese w/cinnamon

:7

Heidi

Heidi-I missed the Rhubarb muffins recipe. Would you mind posting it again???

Karen-SO VERY glad you liked the Fritatta! I made it for the 2nd time yesterday and it was just as good as the first time around! I love leftovers even MORE!

Jean-we all have those days. Move onto tomorrow!

Good night, everybody!

Gayle

You didn't miss it Gayle, I didn't post it here....so here you go:

Sour Cream Rhubarb Muffins

1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup fat free sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cup fresh rhubarb, chopped

Step 1. Soak chopped up rhubarb in cold water and a tsp. of baking soda. This helps remove the acidity from the rhubarb so that less sugar is needed to combat tartness. Soak for 1 hour, then drain and rinse the rhubarb.

Cream brown sugar and butter. Add sour cream and eggs, mix well. Sift together flours, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into the sour cream mixture until moistened. Fold in rhubarb.

Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. They are very moist so need ample baking time.

I found this to make 12 muffins. 1 muffin:

calories: 143
fat: 5.5g (35%)
carb: 20.5g (54%)
fiber: 1.8g
protein: 4g (11%)

****Karen, I realized I accidently typed "1 eggs" instead of "2 eggs"! It calls for 2 eggs, but I guess your batch still worked out!

Heidi

Oh, my!!! I just want to say that I go away for the day and look what happens??????? This is great - i will do personals in the morning - I am just so excited I had to share,,,,when I got home, Get Ripped, Slim and Lean was waiting for me!!!!!! I am really excited....I haven't had a new workout in a while - Cathe is my fave and my mainstay but I really like this Jari Love.

Have a great evening and see you tomorrow

Thanks for the kudos and I ate good today too!! I am finally on a roll!

12-Week Check-in

I am checking in late again tonight. I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching before I went to bed last night. Today’s workout was IMAX2, which wiped me out. Boot Camp is on my rotation for tomorrow morning, and I am looking forward to my rest day on Friday. If I do not feel better after that, I will plan a recovery week for next week. I am exhausted this week (from stress and lack of sleep), and I am dragging through my workouts. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow, and it is time for a warm bubble bath and the second segment of Total Body Stretching again. Hopefully, I will get back on track with my morning check-ins soon.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.