12 Week Challenge 05-03/ Week 2?

Annabelle2

Cathlete
Happy Wednesday!!! Good Morning!

Fitmom – tell me about Trainer’s Edge – I am going to go look at them…do you like the gliding? I was thinking of ordering her leg workout and her Bootcamp – have you seen them? Love PUB!!! Fantastic job on your BF!

Sheila – I love both Push Pull and Supersets – I especially love the Blasts in the premixes!

Karen – Thank you so much for the encouragement – I had a shakey start though! I had to smile about the “spinach” shake!!! I miss my Yoga – time to put it back in! Enjoy your run!

Gayle – Good idea to go back and visit the get to know you thread now that we are getting familiar with names! Hope your legs feel really good today! You are so right: "...do not think this is easy for any of us. We are ALL working at this on a daily basis. Some days are harder than others, and some are easier than others. The hard days are TOUGH for me, as I am such an emotional eater. I can workout till the cows come home, but once I start a binge, look out! The key for me is to stay organized in all aspects of my life (or at least 95% of the aspects in my life). It took a while for me to realize that organization for me is KEY! Control is KEY!"

Gloria – So glad you had a good eating day!!! You are doing great!

Dana – So glad to see you – keep it up!!!!! Great eating!! I did horrible the first week but I am getting geared up!

Heidi – I am making the bread this weekend – I can’t wait – I know my DH will love it also! I have several new workouts I want now – I don’t buy much besides Cathe but I like the TJ’s cardio ones and I DO like Jari Love. I really need to put my Yoga back in, I was getting my practice in every day but then I upped my cardio and I have only been doing one long session once a week – I MISS IT!

Jean – I really need a little more sleep – I am envious….I have trouble sleeping at night but then I want to crash abot 3:00 in the afternoon! It is kind of cute that you thing Fort Worth is boring because I sometimes think I will die for the city…..I love concerts, plays, great restaraunts!! I do love where I live though, I can look out over the lake at the huge pine trees with the birds circling and just breathe out peace!

Lori – Goodness, what is you do? I have forgotten or you haven’t said……your hours would tire me out!!! Glad you are feeling better!

Sunny D – Your walk sounds lovely!!! I love babies!!!

Daisy – I am sitting here on my 3rd cup of coffee…..I am only supposed to have two so I am just going to be over today….I guess I need DCaf…I think the challenge is fun too!

Jenn – It is hard with a sick little one. I feel for you! Keep checking!

Heather – you make me want to take a bubble bath!!!!

Food for yesterday:
B - Oatmeal, egg whites, cinnamon, apple
S - scrambled egg whites, whole wheat toast
L - turkey breast, asparagus, wheat bread
S - not very hungry - ate some trail mix, mix of unsalted nuts and rasins
D - Protein shake and salad

Workout for Today:
SJP/SB 60 minute Step and Hi Lo Circuit 374 Calories burned, 61 minutes, HR 120 ave/145 max

Goal Review
Today - Water, water, water again
This Week - Concentrate on cardio and burning fat!
This Month - Lose 4 lbs
This Year - incorporate some outdoor running
Ultimate Summer Shape Up Goals - comfortable size 4, increased cardio capacity, leg definition

I am excited, I am achieving my goals, I am down 4 lbs since we started, I did not lose any this week but DH says he his noticing more muscle definition in my upper body – I will check my BF tomorrow night

Have a great day!

Good Morning!

I just finished my workout. Again, I was up super early! I don't know whats up with me...I use to love sleep and now I get up really early every morning BUT I am going to bed early to so that makes a difference.
I just did 5 seg of BC and 5 min runs after each cardio, I didn't do cardio #1 and #5 b/c those really get my HR up and I want to stay in the middle somewhere.

Kathy, I work at a refueling stop for private jets. They are usually going to Europe or to the States.We are opened 24 hours so it is shifts work. I either work 8 a.m-6:30 p.m , or 6:30 p.m- 8 a.m. Ive really gotten use to the night shifts but I have only worked one since I got pregnant and I didn't enjoy it at all!

Good job on DH noticing your muscles!!! Woo HOO!

I should check my BF...lets see...13.8%..not bad and my weight is at 128.5 lbs.

Lori:)

Hi girls! Can I play? LOL

Kathy, I haven't received the gliding program yet. I'm still waiting...and waiting...and, well, you get the picture! LOL I am going to hold off on the Trainer's Edge stuff. I actually think I will eventually purchase the last 2 of Cathe's that I want first...Slow and Heavy and the RS DVD. Great job on the weight loss! Woo! You go girl! :)

Lori, You make me sick w/your 13% body fat garbage...phooey on you!:p Now you KNOW that's all gonna be changing soon enough, preggy...don't you!?!? ;) :+ :7 :p

Today is PLB plus abs. The rotation actually calls for Coremax but I'll be doing something else instead. I will probably do a PLB premix and I am thinking of getting to the gym today to run and try out my new toy!:+

Hmmmm...Wendy..Im not so sure I want to play with you:+ Your just a bug meany today with 16% BF:p :p :p :p Now don't you love me?:) I know its going to change but we will see who as the last laugh! BAH,HA,HA,HA!!!!}( }( }( }( }(

I am at work now and I am not feeling 100% even though I may sound like it from my above post.Give me a couple of hours and I should be feeling up to par again. Its funny how I can get up in the morning and workout and feel perfect, but as the morning wears on...I started to get a little sicky;( ;( I can't wait for these two day shifts to be over! Then I am off for the weekend...YIPEE!!

LOL Lori...you'll probably come out of this w/LOWER body fat than ever! :p
Heck, look at me even! I am now about 4 pounds lighter than I was pre-preg and although I didn't know my BF% pre-preg I am more than reasonably sure that it was significantly higher than it is now just by looking at my pics!

Good Morning girls. It is suppose to be beautiful here in Maryland today. I have to go to the grocery store so at least that gets me outdoors. I also want to pick up a pair of good running shorts today to. They are so hard to find. I bought a really nice tank top at Target last night. I told dh I wanted one in every color. He said he is not making that mistake again. Short story, When we first got married he got me three sweatshirt, one in every color and 7 yes 7 pair of those kids dollar store gloves in every color. . Can you imagine opeing a box full of dollar store gloves. I'm telling you he has come a long way since then. I told him he has approval on the tank tops at Target. We always get a laugh at that Christmas morning. My eyes were as wide as they could get. Plus we were just married and i didn't want to hurt his feeling but knowing me and my bluntness. I said " What the h@ll am I going to do with all of these gloves" He said he thought I could have one for every day of the week. Anyway it brought back memories last night when I told him to get the tank in every color.We got a good laugh

Kathy- Your eating is fantastic. Congratulations on the weight loss. 4lbs is a good bit of weight. I can see by your post how hard you are working.

Wendy- Good Morning. Have a great day of eating and workouts. I'm off to do PLB right now. I am going to lower my weights though and only use 25,30 and 35 for all the leg work instead of incresing my poundage like noraml. I don't want to kill my legs with Sat coming.

Lori- your doing just fine. Sticky is good. Especially when your pregnant.

karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

You ladies and your low teen BF% numbers! LOL. Perhaps I'm glad I can't find my caliper? LOL

GOOD MORNING!

Heidi-what bread recipe are we talking about? Did I miss it? Any chance I can get you to post it again?

I was up early again today (normal time of 5:30 or so). Workout included Step Works, abs from PS, and 1 set of push ups to failure...managed 36 this morning. My 12 Wee Challenge Goal is 50 by the end of these 12 weeks....getting there!

Gayle

good morning all!
we are an early bunch, aren't we?? hehehe

today's workout:p90x shoulders and arms w/ TurboJam 20min workout!PHEW!!

ya'lls bodyfat is low! Are ya'll just using calipers??? I need to get mine check before the challenge continues any further!

I got up at 5:00 this morning and I'm bright eyed right now. no coffee EITHER!! woohoo!!

have a good one!

take care:)
Gloria

Hi ladies!!! All this talk of bf%, I had to go check mine though I always do it before eating and I already ate. I can't see how that would make a difference though. Anyways 11 days ago I was at 16.28% and now I'm at 15.7%...not very exciting but atleast it's not up! :p

Gloria, I use Accumeasure.

I use DietPower and what is up is my weight, by .8lbs! I'm not into weighing myself every day but DietPower uses your daily weight to calculate your calorie budget for the day in regards to your goals. I know weight fluctuations are normal and I probably didn't drink enough water yesterday. Oh well! I'll drink like a fish today.

Hi Gayle, here's the bread recipe:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=9&topic_id=495&mesg_id=495&page=#648

Today's workout is CTX All Step, and I'm going to try to do some pilates or yoga.

Have a fabulous day everyone!!

Heidi

Thanks Karen....yes we are ALL doing great, and you all inspire me very much!

I added my picturetrail page to my signature, I know I enjoy seeing how beautiful you all are, so I thought I'd share some pics of my life too.

Heidi :7

Wendy, are you trying to be nice to me now? Hmm....or maybe you are building me up so you can bring me back down!:eek: :p :p Oh...I don't know what I will look like with this is all over with.Im sure it will be very cute for the first few weeks, anyone remember the saggy stomach! LOL I forget what it looks like but I know it wasn't good! hahahahahaha!:)

Karen, I am feeling a little better now.It is lunch time so I am going to get a sandwich on the go.Usually after lunch I am pretty good.

Gayle, its nice to know what your BF is and you may be surprised.I was surprised to see mine so low.I thought forsure I was going to be in the 20's.Sometimes I get a different reading but its never went above 16%.

Heidi, good job with the BF.Boy there is alot of BF talk going on here! LOL Hope you have a good workout!

Yeah, there is diffently not as many people checking in here.Where did KALI go!? Do we have to go find her?

Lori, you're lucky you forgot what a saggy stomach looks like, I still have mine 9 years after my last baby!! Whether I do something about it some day remains to be seen. I want to get into the best shape I can possibly be before I make that decision.

Heidi

Oh Heidi, I don't beleive that for a minute! You look better then you think you do, your just not giving yourself enough credit!
I know I think I look better now that I know everything is going to get bigger soon.LOL I look in the mirror most days and like what I see but I wouldn't have said that 2 weeks ago. I bet after I have the baby I will be trying to acheive the way I look now, but 2 weeks ago...now wasn't good enough.Weird how that works!:eek:

I am still at work. 4 hours left to go and I am still a little blah. I also have alittle bit of a bad belly but my friend told me to expect that over the next couple of monthes.Anything makes me nervous at this point though, I think I will be nervous until the 3 monthes are up.

My work out is finally done. I did PLB down only premix, MM core work and a 2 mile run. I really wanted to try increasing my mileage today but it just wasn't happening...I was too pre-occupied. x( Next time though!:)

Ah Lori, you're sweet. The camera doesn't show all, I have a lot of excess skin down there, it's all very wrinkly but heck I'd be happy if it looked nice and flat while in clothes.

I wasn't "into" working out back then, so I'm sure where you are continuing to workout, you'll bounce back pretty quick!

Heidi

Hi all.

This morning I went out for a jog. Jogged 4 miles, but they seemed so hard. Just couldn't find a grove I guess. Last week's jogs seemed so much easier. Do any of you have that happen? You get to a point where you are seeing improvement in strength or endurance and then it feels like you no longer have that strength or endurance. Hopefully, its just a bad day.

Eating went well yesterday and so far today it is also good.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Jean

Jean, that's EXACTLY what happened to me this week. I did CTX Power Circuit for the first time last week and had lots of energy for it. Did it again on Monday and it felt like a chore. There was nothing I could really pinpoint as a possible cause for a lack of energy. Chalk it up to life I guess!

Heidi

Hi ladies,

seems like you all are doing so wonderful. i haven't gotten on the scale but i doubt i've lost any weight/fat:-(
I did a killer workout today, tried plyoX from p90X workouts for the first time and my gosh what a workout. it starts off seeming kinda easy but after a few minutes it just sneaks up on you. in a good way:) i also did s & h bi's and tri's as i didn't get a chance to fit it in yesterday. i called in to quit the job due to lack of childcare however they offered to let me do some work at home. so i was working while ds was napping. my arms feel like jelly}(

lori-enjoy your pregnancy. you are bringing a sweet, precious life into this world! you can worry about your tummy later:D

Kathy- congrats on loosing 4 lbs!!! that's absolutely great.

i have yet to try ctx power circuit-what kind of workout is it? cardio? strength? both?

Here's the description of CTX Power Circuit:

Format: 5 minute active warm up, 28 minutes of intense hi/lo, 3 kickbox and 3 step aerobic circuits which incorporate leg work with a barbell ,12 minutes ALL BACK exercises, Abs 11 minutes, stretch 3 minutes.

Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.