ellesan
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Hi Jennifer! Thank you :) Yes, my blog is: www.maintainmyweight.blogspot.com

Sure, for losing the weight and maintaining it now, I do just about the same thing. I just eat a little bit more now. Here's what worked for me.
    Macronutrient breakdown:
    40-50% carbs (more towards 50% on workout days, 40% on rest days)
    30-40% protein
    20-30% fat

Eat every 3 hours or so when awake. Here's a typical day of food for me:

Meal 1: Protein/fruit smoothie: 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup mixed berries, 1 TBL ground flax, water and blend. Sometimes I add a small handful of spinach and my powdered vitamins.
    Meal 2: 1/2-1 cup cottage cheese with 1 cup fruit and 1/4 cup fiber one cereal - OR- protein pancakes with fruit and yogurt - OR- 3 boiled or srcambled eggs, eating only 1 yolk on light high fiber english muffin with 1 oz lowfat mozzarella cheese
    Meal 3: large green salad with 3-4 oz lean protein or 1 can solid white tuna with lots of veggies and a light dressing, 4-5 crackers and about 1 TBL feta cheese and a few kalamata olives for flavor and taste, sometimes I have 1-2 TBL dried cranberries and 1/2 oz pecans instead on the salad
    Meal 4: Dark chocolate Zone bar and apple or 1 oz almonds and fruit
    Meal 5: 3-4 oz lean protein and steamed veggies, some whole grains but only 1/4-1/2 cup or if I'm at work I'll have a Kashi, Lean Cusine or Healthy Choice meal high in protein and under 300 cals, add 1 cup frozen broccoli to almost all frozen meals. fruit.
    Meal 6: usually a treat of anything I want under 200 calories :) or Fage or Viskos greek yogurt and 1/2 cup Go Lean Crunch cereal on top.

I think I buy all of Costco's frozen berries, I use them all the time. I think planning and preparing meals ahead of time is key. Once a week I cook a lot of protein, weigh and freeze it for the week and I make protein pancakes and then freeze them for the week as well. I cut up or have prepared my fruits and veggies ready to eat as well. Hope this helps!

Sandra
    Hi ellesan - congratulations on making such a profound change in your health and lifestyle...I love that you're rockin' the muscles!!! A couple of posts from the forum mention your blog, but I'm not sure how to get there -can you give me a link?

Also, I'd love to know what you nutrition has been like over your transformation. I've very strong, and healthy, but I could stand to tweak my nutrition to change my body composition a bit...it would certainly make pull ups and what not easier if I were a bit lighter. If you don't mind, I'd love an example of a sample day of your nutrition regime, and some general guidelines!!!

Cheers,
    Jennifer
    DirtDiva, laperez and kblover, thank you so much for your feedback and comments, I really appreciate it! :)
    Looking at your site has shown me how lazy I have been. I do not have a lot of weight to lose, but I have been at this point for over a year now and suddenly i have started gaining. No reason other than laziness. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…