Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/23

Deb, the Lipstick is Color Stay Ultimate Suede. It is in a clear tube.

I have started having problems with my tablet and phone updating my Fit Bit so I am trying to troubleshoot the problem. It is pretty annoying since it was working just fine till this week. I can randomly get it to update and I have it set for all day sync. I found I need an ATT update. Maybe that will help.

Today was Pyramid Lower Body for 51 minutes and 162 calories. Not many calories burned but I already feel my lower body muscles.

Deb, yes Supercuts is a metabolic workout. Cathe describes it as "a unique low impact metabolic circuit workout ".

Diane Sue, I am always amazed by the number of steps I get from housework. Obesity and diabetes were less of a problem when people moved about all day.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful afternoon.

We did our usual 26 mile ride on the trail this morning. pretty nice, only rained a couple drops.
I know I've done Supercuts but not for a while. I don't remember it. I've gotten to like circuits, metabolic workouts. I will give that one a try again.

I always wonder why such an epidemic of obesity and type 2 diabetes. I know that food used to be a lot less interesting. things we got on special occasions are "every day" now. My parents were cheap, would never let us have a whole burger, fries, soda or shake. they would order one and divide it up. into thirds or 4ths. In hindsight, that was not a bad thing but it did encourage eating fast so you could maybe get a little more.
fast food is cheap and calorie laden. distressing to see so many fat children now. we almost never had soda, and the most parents gave us of a milkshake was a spoonful. most of the children I hung out with ate fast food, and they were all skinny. when you look at old pics from the 50's, 60's, 70's everyone looks so thin but something has changed. I used to walk or ride my bike everywhere, and was still not thin.

Last edited:
I put on a few pounds, and I did my legs today. I also have that EsteeLauder in the light purple thing. I forget the name of it. I almost have too much Estee Lauder.

=

Today I did Cross Fire, with the bonus abs, 65 minutes, 439 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design Upper, cool down and yoga, 34 minutes, 106 calories. Total time was 99 minutes, 545 calories.
Weights Body Design Upper
Each exercise is done 3 times 10 reps 1 dumbbell all right then all left except dips which alternates sides
1 arm dumbbell row 25# 10 reps 3X
lateral raise 10# 10 reps 3X
boxer pledge curls 10# 10 reps 3X ( I could have went heavier)
dips 1 arm 10 reps right then 10 reps left no sitting back onto the bench between 4 times
1 arm chest press Kelly used 20# I used 15# 10 reps 3X
It ended up being a busy day. My husband and I went to lunch when I finished working out. I came back and went to pick up some sugar free nitrate free bacon to make Practical Paleo Spaghetti squash Bolognese for dinner. Also some dried blueberries for a recipe from Dr Axe, Bone Blueberry Bone Broth Macadamia protein bars. I thought I had all of the ingredients purchased but didn't realize I needed dried blueberries. They are really good. I did the nutrients on it using MFP and they are pretty high calories. They are kind of rich and filling though with all of the coconut butter in them. I need some different recipes for the bone broth protein powder. I am sort of tired of yogurt. I tried goats milk yogurt since Dr Axe says it is better for you. I have half a carton left and I just can't eat it. The taste is just off to me, even if I try to blend in a bit of coconut milk or something. I have my 6 year old grandson hear staying the night tonight. My husband got him started on making some slime to play with. That meant another trip to the store for glue and liquid starch.

Carolyn, I think we probably burn a few more calories than the devices come up with when doing weights. That is low for that workout, it is no an easy one by any means. I am almost always way low when doing weights. I felt that my calories were really low for the time spent on Body By Design upper 52 calories. But, results is what counts the most anyway. When I clean house and do extra cleaning and outside work my step increase significantly.

Valerie, I think the health problems are due to dietary changes, people eating out all of the time or filling their cupboards with products full of fillers and ingredients that are not real food. People spend much more time sitting around at work, at home televisions seem to be on a lot, video games, cell phones, computers. They get sucked into it all and don't move. I think that I mentioned that we had a lot of years without a television in our house when I was growing up. We spent a lot of time outdoors. People eat the things we had as a once in a long while treat daily. We did not drink sodas all of the time. They were just something special. It was generally water and tea on the table. Pre packaged foods and pre cooked foods are a normal staple now. Which reminds me, I tried the Interurban white chicken chili today and it was not the healthier soup that I expected. It was creamy and had corn in it with tortilla strips on top. I hate when I think I am making a better choice than the sandwich. If we were having dinner I would have went for salmon or the bacon wrapped shrimp.

Caitlin, that is good that you are putting back on some weight. That was too low.

Carolyn,

Carolyn

Good morning,

My cousin took me out to lunch for my birthday yesterday, it was really nice. Also, did a few errands. The results of the recent test were very vague...and confusing. I "supposedly" had reflux episodes, and didn't know it, or feel them so I did not signal the monitor. When I did signal, they said there were no reflux episodes to correlate to them. Bottom line is, no new information. I guess this will be something I live with. It has gotten a lot better, I have more better days than bad days. No days that I am 100% though, and I guess even when I think I am good, I am having reflux that I am not aware of.

Valerie, I see the same at B'J's....there is always someone ringing for a live clerk to assist with a scanning problem. Do you have a local vacuum repair place? Sometimes it is really something simple.

Diane Sue, I found the "suede" line on line at Revelon...wondered what shade you get. Do you have a Samsung phone? They did an update yesterday, that wiped out my calendar, and replaced it with a generic looking one with all my data gone. I tried to recover it, ended up going to the Verizon store, and they were able to do it. Same with my Gmail account. Why can't they leave well enough alone? I have the Bone Broth Collegan, and still am trying to figure out what to do with it. I read that there was a shortage of Elmer's Glue due to the new "slime" making activity. LOL.

Carolyn, the Pyramids are great workouts. I wish Cathe would do a Pyramid 2 DVD. I am surprised she has not done a pyramid Live workout.

Agility class this morning, then HouseMax for me...'

Take care,

Deb, I did the update on my Samsung g Galaxy 7 yesterday. I don't use the calendar that came with it. I think I Uninstaller it. I use one that is blue. I think it is a Google calendar. I like it so much better. I showed my husband and he put it on his phone too. I don't use Gmail for email but I do have to use the account for a lot of apps. I have not noticed anything. As you know the previous update ruined my original phone and they had to send another one. I am still working on it. When I paired it with my other devices I got some apps like Evernote thatI did not have on my cell. I use it on my Galaxy tablet but I use my notepad on my cell phone which the tablet does not have. I am experimenting with Evernote because I don't like that it is a cloud based app.. Fortunately I had put my medical info in Evernote from my notepad because I lost all of my info in my notepad on the cell phone that was replaced. I mix my bone broth collagen into my coffee or greens powder drink in the mornings.
I guess that must be the reason I could not find Elmer school glue. I went to Homeland and They had some All Purpose on the top shelf which I purchased. I then checked Dollar General and they only had glue sticks and spray adhesive. I wondered why. The regular glue worked and I am not sure what I am going to do with this big bottle of liquid starch. They made it purple with glitter. That was the first thing he pulled out this morning. Remer glue people are probably raking in the dollars. We had one mishap though. He tried rolling it on our new leather sofa bed and it stuck since the leather has a bit of texture to it. I qhad to really rub and use water bto get it off. Maybe school glue would have been better. I am glad my husband noticed him trying to pick it off the arm of the sofa.
I am sorry that you went through all of th a t testing with that little info coming back. Maybe it will gradually mend itself.

Deb, I forgot to give you the colors I like the best of my Revlon Suede lipstick. 010 women's wear is a nice pink. I have two others that are very pale and you can hardly tell are on ,so they are not favorites. 095 finale which is one I use a lot of the time a warmer dark pink shade , and 073 stylist which is a cooler dark pink color.

Bummer ....Deb.. I was hoping there would be something definite. you are still left wondering. if you have more good days than bad, you are going in the right direction. would be better if you know why or what.

DH already looked at taking the vacuum apart looking for something simple.... like a connection that came apart. it worked fine last time we used it and has been sitting in the closet since. we found a shop that will take a look at it for $20 so will give it a try next week. so annoying.... can't even get info from Utube or sears itself. no wonder they are on their way out of business.

My mother cooked all the food we ate. few restaurant meals. my father was a picky meat-and-potatoes guy, didn't want any spices or flavor in anything. there was no reason to overeat! I don't make anything my mother used to make. she was a decent cook for her time but the food was so boring and tasteless. She liked to make desserts, so that fattened us up. it was hard to learn not to have something sweet after every meal. a bad habit.

having cousin & wife over today for a bike ride and then an early dinner.

Today I did X Train All Out Low Impact Hiit step , disc, and core mix, 36 minutes, 252 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design Lower body increasing the weight from what I used the first time, 17 minutes, 54 calories, finishing off with Barre Amped Bounce thigh bounce, and booty bounce, 112 calories wearing 3# ankle weights. Total time 81 minutes,
Body Design Lower 50 seconds each weight move
squats 25's
reverse lunge 25#
deadlift 25's
side step outs 25#
front lunge pulse 25's
deadlift plié 25#
chair with ankle weights 5#

Valerie, sometimes it is worth it to get the item fixed , depending on the price. My last upright steam cleaner that I purchased when my husband retired along with a vacuum for 1200 dollars for both at Sams got a break in the inside flexible hose where you lift the handle up and down. . The guy quoted 87.00 dollars to fix it. I told him I could get another for not much more at Target. When he pointed out that I would not get the same quality of steam cleaner at Target I let him fix it. I got another 8 years out of it. I was cleaning all the carpet we had here when we first moved in when it decided to start leaking dirty water out. We went and purchased another one this time. My steam cleaners have always got a lot of use. My children borrowed it all of the time. I think one of them finally purchased one of their own. It is nice for detailing the inside of the car too.

I just saw that Amy Bento Ross is going to do rebounding workouts on youtube launching in June. I bet those would be good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.