Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/23

It has been a non stop day today. It is bed time and I am just getting here. This morning I did Hammer and Chisel Chisel cardio. This one is not very cardiovascular. Not easy though. It was 39 minutes, 213 calories, Average heart rate was around 111 if I remember right. It has a lot of weight work with some jumping in it. I just do not think of pull ups, which I did with the fit tower the first roundfelt like cardio. I just did jacks and other cardio for that minute the second time. I then did X10 mix cardio blast and high low, 38 minutes, 305 calories. 10, 454 steps so far today. This added to my calorie total of 518 to make it 825 of exercise calories according to what is on MFP. Between shopping, mowing, and sealing tile etc.. I have stayed busy. My grandson was supposed to come tomorrow to mow , but it was so long and we were to have rain tonight which has started. I guess he called while I was out mowing and did come over and cleaned my neglected planter out ( all but the morning glories) and trimmed the dead wood off my hibiscus and camellia. He helped my husband hang and wire the surround speakers this evening. Also I have been working to get approval from the HOA to paint our house exterior. I gave them a sample color and brand of paint. They emailed me a form and I sent it back. It is just a basic lighter beige Behr paint . We already purchased it so they had better not have a complaint. I have not heard anything back yet. Chances are it is going to rain so probably no painting this weekend. Kelly's workouts came today. I printed up the worksheet for Meltdown and the premixes on both of the dvds. They are still in their wrap. I will check some of it out tomorrow.
I got out my external drive to see if I could find the picture of Hobie the bison. I haven't had time to look yet.

Valerie, I was thinking about those toilets. I wonder if it isn't more deliberate. How do they find a place to stay in the US then? They have to have some idea what a toilet is for. I noticed at those drive through wildlife places that the animals had not fear of the vehicles and were trying to get by the windows. I figured people feed them even though there are signs all over saying not to. Most animals are not predictable on behavior.

Deb, our weather is beautiful for a couple of days then cold and wet. I think it was around 80 today and is one of those crazy evenings where the wind and storms are supposed to drastically make it cold. My roses and hydrangea are flowering. The hydrangea is just budding out. They looked a bit droopy after the other nights' cold spell. Gertie needs her claws trimmed or something . You hear them clinking all over the floor. She is a little careful about slipping on the floor. I love it when it is the nice spring weather. It was nice when I was mowing, but I could see the clouds coming in.

Carolyn, I think it feels good to get those medical appointments out of the way. Particularly if it means I don't have to go back for awhile. So far I have really liked the 100% Pure products that I have purchased. I ordered the Matcha anti aging moisturizer from their site. The first product I purchased was the Coffee bean eye cream which I later replaced along with the Coq10 and a night cream from Beauty brands. The Coq10 and A cream is discontinued :( I usually am able to use the 3.50 off coupon that I get from Beauty brands on pretty much anything and add it to my 10% off for each 100 dollars spent coupon. The woman this time said I could not use the 3.50 on skin care products. I would have to go back and read the small print because they usually always do it. Anyway I used my 10% off o the serum. That was the main reason I went to Beauty brands rather than order online from 100% pure.

Caitlin, that is very low on the weight. I think I remember you saying you were not very tall? I won't let my weight drop below a certain point anymore. I have lost enough now with all of the extra activity and am at that point of needing to be careful to not let it keep dropping.

Lori, I used to use Tarte 12 hour full coverage foundation and the Tarte BB tinted treatment primer SPF 30 cream for extra SPF. I don't use these together. I wear the tinted primer as foundation when out in the sun. The do have a BB tinted moisturizer SPF 20 which I have not tried. Before I discovered Tarte I used MAC I believe it was studio Fix of something like that and prolong wear for quite a few years. My skin has gotten so sensitive to chemicals and that is why I switched to Tarte. 100% Pure has a foundation that would probably work well and also a BB cream. The Tarte I use in the summer is light and not a lot of coverage but enough color to it. I was thinking about how much I used the rebounder when I first got it. I was doing my weight workouts and one of the URX MT workouts every day. I lost quite a lot of weight doing that without really trying. I also had a lot of lean muscle at the time so it did not look too bad. I need to remind myself or make a note to try that Kelly Roberts Poly Performance Plyometric URX workout that got stuck just before the abs the last few times I did it. Maybe the new dvd player will make a difference.
The Kelly Coffey workouts that I have been using the most are the ones on the shelf. I tend to not go look in the cases where the majority of my workouts are. I have started pulling out a case that holds 8 dvds and putting some from my holders that I am interested in doing again and sitting it on the shelf. I am more likely to use it that way. I could never fit all of my dvds on my shelves right now.

I hope I did not miss anyone. I need to go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow I can get started on recovering my barstools along with making family dinner.

Good morning,

I did a lot of running around (driving) yesterday...it felt like I was in the car all day.

Valerie, sorry about your hip, hope it is better today. Some people can be so dense! What part of "wild" animal do these people not understand?

Carolyn, great that you got that workout in before all the appointments. I should have done that too but didn't.

Caitlin, 95 pounds is really light...how tall are you? are you losing the weight intentionally?

Lori, what is a bellicon workout? I have yet to find a foundation that I can really say that I like. Right now I am using a Loreal one that is a compact, looks like a beaded powder, but the sponge application makes it into a very light cream. Not sure if I will repurchase.

Diane Sue, just reading your post made me tired! I sure hope the HOA approves your paint color. Our hydrangeas are just getting their leaves.

Working this afternoon ( my last day! Yea!)..then agility class with Kylee....

Take care,

Hi Everyone,

I started STS Meso 2 this week. Monday I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Disc 13 and yesterday I did Legs, Disc 14. I went heavier since I did the 1 rep max tests this time and I can really feel it. I'm very happy to say that I was able to get through the leg workout, with all the deadlifts and squats with no low back issues. I used 20 lb dumbbells for the squats and a 40 lb barbell for the deadlifts.

Deb-I haven't tried the KCM youtube workout yet, but it looks really good. I might sub it for one of the STS workouts next week to try it out.
I was able to get more sun yesterday too. I can't believe we've had 5 days in a row with sun. Looks like we might be getting some rain tomorrow and for the weekend.

Valerie-I use a sunscreen now too. I am more concerned about skin cancer since I've gotten older so I pay more attention to not getting too much sun. When I was running and biking outdoors regularly I had a good tan and never burned.

Carolyn-I love Muscle Endurance. It's my favorite Cathe full body workout. I use some Estee Lauder skin products too. My skin has also gotten more sensitive since I've been menopausal. I tried mineral makeup and had a reaction to it.

Diane Sue-That does sound like a busy day! I'm going to look at the Tarte products. I see they have them at Ulta so I might pick one up. I've been looking for a new foundation.

Lori-I have a sample of Estee Lauder foundation that I haven't tried yet. So far I like their skin care products. My SB membership expired this month. I'll probably renew it but since I haven't been using it as much I might wait until after I finish STS.

Caitlin-95 does sound very light. Have you been to the doctor recently? If you aren't trying to lose then it might be a good idea to get a physical to and make sure everything is ok. I can't remember if you mentioned being menopausal or not, but sometimes it is harder to keep weight on after that.

Judy

I had been doing well with the allergies till I mowed our extra long grass yesterday. If I had had my sell phone on me I would have known my grandson was wanting to come over a day early to mow. I could tell it was affecting me me when I was doing it and I started getting drippy. I guess bee pollen doesn't work so well for grass. I coughed all night. I will probably play with the Kelly Meltdown workout today.

Deb, I hope that you got a lot done driving around. I bet you are glad that you will be frr of of the job commitment. I hope my blooms come out a deeper color this year on my hydrangea. I can't tell yet. I have put stuff on them trying to go back to the blue color. Last year they were pale pink.

Judy, good job on STS. That is great that there was no low back issues with the squats and deadlifts. I have problems with my low back more when I do the wide stance deadlifts. I have learned to not have it so wide. Great job on the weights that you used. I should check out Ulta. I navent been there in a long time. They always had more selection on the different brands than Beauty Brands. I wonder if they carry 100% pure.

Last edited:
I try not to be stupid about sun exposure. I am pretty pale but the skin on my face is different from everywhere else. it never changes color and I don't try to change it. I use foundation/sunscreen every day, all day. think that does a better job than DH, who wears nothing most days, and then a spf 50 if he will be in the sun. his sister had melanoma but survived so we are aware of risks. I can buy the estee lauder foundation thru amazon. anything to keep me out of department stores, especially the cosmetics counter with all the stinky perfumes and upselling new products.

My hip feels fine today. hiking sure aggravated it. bursitis is aggravated by almost anything, even sitting and driving. so I will take some NSAIDS, stick to riding or floor workouts that don't involve walking motion. I'm thinking it might have been aggravated by all the long hours of sitting we did, as it didn't bother me hiking a short time ago. this is "new" and maybe not related to working out at all. I quit early yesterday as it seemed to worsen the longer we went, so I turned around after an hour and a half. still ended up 3 hours. it is much better today after one ays dose of NSAIDS.

diane sue I would NEVER mow our lawn. just the worst(!!) exposure for me. sets me up for weeks of misery. it's a combo of the grass and whatever tree and weed pollen are made into an aerosol behind the mower. I would hire the job out. once my reaction gets started, it goes on and on. coughing sneezing itchy eyes, nose ,and throat. not worth it. even wearing a dust mask didn't prevent it. we have very acid soil here and our hydrangeas are always blue. so naturally, people are always add lime to make them pink!
I don't get it with the toilets either ..... vault toilets look like regular toilets. the height is the same, they have a lid, empty into a deep vault instead of flush handle 7 water tank. I have no idea why someone would look at one and think crouching on top of the seat would be a good way to do their business. all the broken toilets seats show a fair # of people did not understand.

Deb, seems everyone likes to feed animals. we don't help them doing it. you risk injury, plus the poor animal starts looking to people for food and ends up getting euthanized by park personnel because they get bold and get into trouble. if they wander out of the park and aren't afraid of people, they end up a hunting trophy on someone's wall. it is pretty hard to see bears in Yellowstone these days as most don't hang out near the roads. we've seen quite a few, usually hiking or from the road with binoculars. see many in Glacier NP too.

Judy I tried mineral make up too. didn't like it. took too long to apply and felt dusty dry without the base cream, but that made my skin break out. so back to estee Lauder.

Today I did Kelly Coffey's Melt down both workouts mix, 59 minutes, 391 calories, heart rate 124 average/169 max. Watching clips is deceiving. This was a tough workout. I had looked at the worksheet and thought it looked light. I started out too heavy the first round. I liked it though. I had put my settings on devices for weight training and this was much more than that. I then did Kelly's Body Design lower body and yoga, 29 minutes (I did not use the warm up) 97 calories. Total time was 88 minutes, 488 calories. 4,619 steps so far. I liked the heavy bag boxing on the second workout of Meltdown. I had forgotten that was one of the things I was looking forward to. I broke the skin a bit though wearing my combat gloves. I should have worn the heavy bag gloves.
Weights on Meltdown I started with 15's for the dumbbells the first round but the second two I dropped to Kelly's 12. I used the 30# barbell and for the Kettlebell swings I used a 25# kettlebell . I just got notification that Gerties new Kong Toy is in the mail box. I bought her a tough toy that was kind of a tug toy and she has already chewed the corner off. She is carry it around, and up and down the stairs. I am trying to encourage her to keep the Big Nylabone upstairs where there is carpet. That thing flies around and is repeatedly dropped on the new flooring. Things I did not think about.

Valerie, my husband and I have both had skin cancers removed. If I could take back all of the years that I lived in Arizona and California basking in the sun I would. I keep sunscreen in my purse and in the car. Now I have to restock the motorcycle. I am generally covered anyway but it is good to have more just in case. I am glad the hip is feeling better. I find I get more sudden aches and pains when we are on a vacation and sitting around a lot. I do not know why that is, but exercise seems to keep my joints all moving well.

Hi Everyone,
Today I did 4 Day Split Higher Intensity Step, Cardio only. It was a 30 minute workout which is all I felt like doing.

I wanted to look around in Ulta this morning for a few products. I drove over to the shopping area and the Ulta store is no longer there! I was so disappointed. It seems that so many stores are closing in my familiar locations and I have to drive a little farther. That's one reason that I rely on online shopping but there are some things that I like to do in person.

Deb, my appointments yesterday left me exhausted. With the driving and all of that sitting I felt like I had been at work. You must be happy to complete the office sub work.

Lori, I use Estée Lauder Perfectionist Youth Infusing Serum Make-Up SPF 25. They discontinued the one that I was using and I started this last fall. I really like it.

Diane Sue, did you like the Coffee Bean eye cream? You have accomplished a lot of work recently!

Valerie, I usually order my estee products from the company's website. I hate going to the cosmetics counter in Macy's. I'm glad that your hip is better today.

Caitlin, please be mindful of your unintentional weight loss. It might be more than your workouts.

Judy, I love to get samples that allow me to try products before I buy them.

Carolyn, cosmetics are only good purchased online if you know what you like. I have a hard time with blush and eye shadow colors even in the stores because lighting and packaging makes them different than they look when you get them home and also when you put them on. Yes, I like the Coffee Bean eye cream. I have repurchased it because it does not irritate and I don't get the little red irritated areas at the corner of my eyes like I used to. It keeps the eye area moisturized without the patchy areas.

I always used to use the macy's ,or Nordstrom cosmetic counter but it got to where they were out of the color I wanted and would try to sell me something else, and always try to upsell some other lotion or cream. I got tired of explaining that no, it would irritate my skin, and, no I didn't want try it. always stunk of perfume and other fragrances. gave me a headache. I found it online and it was so much easier! never went back to cosmetics. I use local pharmacy OTC brands of eyebrow pencil, shadow, nail polish. Cetaphil from Costco.

Carolyn that is so true... stores... here today, gone tomorrow. retail stores going out of business quickly. pendulum is swinging that way. wonder what will happen to all the people who worked in retail when they need to find jobs? I will take a look at that estee lauder spf 25 one. I could use a stronger sunscreen part of the year. DH has much more sun damage than I do but he was a California boy and is pale skinned. we all grew up before any effective sunscreens were available. remember baby oil with iodine?

Caitlin, if you are losing weight for no reason without trying, you should get checked. even if you are naturally small, unexplained weight loss is a sign of possibly something amiss. probably nothing wrong but best to be sure.

Did Ramped upper body this morning. I keep forgetting to flip the order on that one, because by the time I get to biceps at the end, I'm whipped.

Good evening ladies,

This morning I wasn't going to workout but decided to hop on the jumpsport for 5 minutes which turned into 33 mins..not bad for not wanting to workout. :). Tonight when I cam home figured I do another Bellicon workout since my trial membership is ending in 4 days. Another 34 minutes! Total time today ended up being 67 mins / 484 cal / and right now I am at 19,665 steps. That is the highest I have ever been with steps! Makes sense that 67 mins of jumping would do it. I also did a ton of running around today.

Thanks all for the info on foundations. Going to Macy's this weekend to experiment.

Deb...Bellicon is a rebounder. Some believe it is the top of the line and it sure has a top of the line price tag too. Imjave never used pne so I cannot compare to jumpsport. I love my JS so that is all that matters to me. Bellicon has a website where they stream workouts. I signed up for a 30 day trial. You do not have to give your cc which was nice. I enjoyed the workouts that I did.

Valerie...the sales people at Macys here drive me crazy. Always trying to sell different creams and makeup. I have to be firm, but nice of course, and tell them right off I am not interested. Glad your hip is better. I was worried for you. Great job on the upper body. It may have whipped you but you did it! I am pale and have freckles. My freckles have really faded on my face from the retin a and you may not even notice them, however, if I am in the sun without SPF then they will pop right out very quickly.

Judy...great job with STS. Like you if I ever do it again I will start with Meso 2. Nice no back issues! You know how much I love my SB Streaming. I am into my 3rd year. Just does not seem possible. Went by quick.

Carolyn...I love my 30 minute workouts! Sometimes that is all I need.

Diane Sue...good that the skin cancer was removed with no further issues. I never leave the house with suncreen on. When I am at the beach with my husband we do not even look like we belong. My husband loves the sun and will bake all day. Me on the otherhand will be loaded with sunscreen, sunglasses, a big hat and under an umbrella. I keep telling him he is asking for trouble but he does it year after year.

Hi to Caitlyn!

Good morning,

I worked at the office yesterday, it was my last day. Good to be off on Wednesday again. Not like I don't have other days off. :).

Judy, good for you for starting STS again and you have upped your weights too! I think starting with Meso 2 makes sense. I tried mineral make up too and it just settles into creases and makes my skin look dry and old! ( or should I say "older"? LOL)...

Diane Sue, I think mowing a lawn like that would get to anybody, even those with minimal allergies. I found some stuff (I think it was Pinterest) that makes hydrangeas either pink or blue, depending on the stuff you buy. I also looked at these for new plants this spring: http://www.americanmeadows.com/perennials/euphorbia/flowering-spurge-ascot-rainbow

Valerie, glad you hip is better. I bet you hit the nail on the head when you said it could be from all the sitting while driving. I remember baby oil with iodine, and also put aluminum foil on a fold out record album cover to use as a reflector for more sun!

Carolyn, that's too bad about the Ulta store. Yes, so many are closing now. I also would rather try out new make up stuff in person at a store.

Lori, great workout!...and nice step count! That's great that you can do that 30 day trial without giving a credit card.

It is supposed to get to 80 degrees today, and sunny until later on. I hope to get some weeding done in the yard.

Take care,

Today I did Kelly Coffey Body Design mix, cardio bootcamp, light dumbbell sculpting, and weighted kickbox, heart rate 124 avg. / 156 max, 46 minutes, 305 calories. I wanted to check out the workout I have been wanting to get polished out on my new dvd player and it worked perfectly:) It was Keli Roberts, Polyperformance Metabolic Plyometric Circuits, (skipped the warm up) 47 heart rate 120/ 160 max 318 calories,. Total time today was 93 minutes, calories burned 623. 7581 steps this morning. I have to go out to get a birthday present for my youngest grandchild and molly bolts to hang my bedroom curtains. I don't want to go to the store!

Deb, those flowering spurge are so pretty. I had read that putting your coffee grounds in the planter can help turn the hydrangea blue. I tried it though and at least I got pink. One season they were so pale they were almost white.

Valerie, I wondered about the people that work in the stores. My daughter gets her grocery orders on pickup at Walmart. She told me last night that the new building they put up is set up for you to push buttons to go over your merchandise, select what substitutes you want to keep and it rolls out your order for you. It is all robotic. The person showing people how to do it told her she was only there for awhile to help people get used to the system. I also heard all the Gordmans stores here went out o f business. My daughter went and picked up some things on their close out. It really saddens me and makes me wonder how our shopping will be after awhile.

Lori, that is a lot of steps. I get quite a few with the rebounder too. My husband has not been good about sunscreen in the past. He is more willing to put it on now when reminded and he will wear a hat when he goes out. He doesn't think about it I guess.

Every time we read about increasing the minimum wage, automated / robotic systems come to mind. I think the cries for $15 minimum wage started here in seattle. many things can be automated. faced with competition from all sides, increased wages and benefits you can't blame employers for going that direction. what will happen to all the people who lose or can't find jobs? I put myself thru school as a grocery clerk. it was a decent job, started at a non union store, then moved to a union one where wages & benefits were better. seems like just about everyone worked in the retail sales area somewhere while in school. the stores are lined up like dominos and are going out of business in a cascade.

I get pretty stiff and uncomfortable while driving. I try to change position but obviously there are limits. we made the drive one way win segments with the bike ride in the middle but coming home was a long day. more in a bit.

Today I did X Train Super Cuts which is a great metabolic workout.

Valerie, one advantage to using the Estée Lauder site is that you can chat and get assistance if you need it. My favorite lipstick shades are often discontinued but I have been able to get get something very similar with the suggestions.

Diane Sue, I agree that online only works for cosmetics if you know what you want. I chuckled over your statement about your husband and sunscreen. My husband never thinks about it, but he won't step outside without his baseball cap. He keeps his head shaved so that cap has become very important to him.

Lori, 19,000 steps is amazing. One of my friends wanted to get 30,000 steps in one day and she did it. She worked out five times that day and was exhausted that night. However she earned the Fitbit badge that she wanted :).

Greetings to Deb, Judy, and Caitlin.

funny about the sunscreen... DH is better about using it since his hair is thinned considerably. he wears a hat, better about using sunscreen when hiking and riding than I am. I have trouble with the feel of the stuff, so use clothing instead. we both are good about sunglasses and lip products.
I use a hat or visor plus wrap sunglasses. most bike helmets have a visor built in. hiking on snow is where the sunscreen is needed for sure due to the reflection back to areas that don't usually get sun, neck and under chin, nose lips. Deb that's what the aluminum foil on record albums aimed at. snow hiking can get you totally fried in little spots you ordinarily don't need to think about.
when we hike we can smell people. they leave a "vapor trail" of fragrance, especially women but men too.
holy cow 19, 000 steps? lori that is amazing.

I am not losing weight intentionally, and I eat as much as I can. I did my BMI, and my body mass index is 18, which, according to the site I was on, is mildly thin. It is very warm today in Catskill, and I think it might go up to 70. I think we need an AC tonight. I also cut out all cardo.

Good evening ladies...

This morning's workout was SB Lower Body BC Class, 35m followed with 10min of freestyle bouncing. 45 min / 253 cal. The SB lower body workout is a favorite of mine. Glad it is in her Spring rotation. Right now I am at 11,354 steps. Yesterday my final steps were 20,259. That is crazy! Does explain why my legs are really tired today.

Deb...I forgot you were working at the office. Bellicon has some nice workouts but not enough of what I like to continue on with a monthly subscription.

Diane Sue...the body by design is not a favorite of mine. I wanted to like it but it doesn't click with me. I like Keli Roberts. My first workout with her was with Cher. I then bought a couple of her step workouts. Men with the lack of suncreen!

Valerie...it scares me all the retail stores closing. Good your husband is one of the few that pays attention to the sun. When you first mentioned a smell trail..did not know where you were going!

Carolyn...supercuts is great! Wow 30,000 steps!!!! No wonder she was exhausted.

Caitlyn...I think it is good to slow down the cardio a bit. I have increased my snacking in between meals with a few healthy snacks so I maintain my weight. I do not want to continue to lose due to all my bouncing. I can't wait for warm weather. Been cold and rainy here the past few days.

Hi to Judy!

I finally got my curtains hung in the bedroom and I took the lights all off the kitchen fixture to clean all of that white dust out of it. I am still cleaning up dust that settles. I did all kind of cleaning and brought in our small shop vac to vacuum out the furnace closet. It blew a cloud of white dust all over. When I said oh no, my husband said what and I told him to look at all the fog in the air. I think he felt sorry for me since I had been really working at it. My stove and everything was covered with another layer of dust. I think that shop vac needs to go in the trash. I had cleaned it out, put a new foam filter and the other filter material in it so I did not expect it to do that. We used to keep it in our fifth wheel trailer. I am at 11,227 steps tonight. I probably won't get too many more since I am going to bed early.

Valerie, I just know that I am going to be sad if I am forced into not being able to shop at stores.. We always use a register with a human rather than self check out because eventually that would pretty much do away with jobs as well. Maybe those store clerks will have to work in robotics factories or something. I wonder at all of the changes and outcome. One of my children mentioned a lot of people go look at the items in the store and go home and order online for a better price. I don't even have a clue how small businesses make it. My daughter in law and I have went out on small business day at Christmas but they have such high prices. One year I bought a bag of coffee in a store that had all kinds of beautiful stuff, but more than I would pay.

Carolyn, when I shop for cosmetics online I really prefer to get them from the company that makes them. I worry I am getting older outdated stuff or previously purchased returned stuff. I have purchased a few things like that from Amazon. I was put off by 100% Pure coffee bean eye cream when it cam as just the tube of cream wrapped in bubble wrap. Normally their stuff is all in a box or cardboard tube. It seemed genuine when I used it. When I repurchased I bought it at Beauty Brands. I am loving the Matcha Serum already. I have a couple of favorite colors of lipstick that are Revlon so that is what I use. I get the suede and it stays for hours, even when I eat. I keep trying regular drugstore eye shadows and I have not found one I felt was really good. Most go on dry and crumbly or have very little pigment. Also I have to be so careful because eye shadows can irritate my eyelids at times. I used to buy mac shadows all of the time. I like matte or something that is not like I put a bunch of sparkly stuff on my eyelids. That is harder to find. Beauty Brands did not have a good selection of Tarte Shadows when I went there and got the serum.

Lori, I thought the Body Design was pretty good. It is just not a heavy weight workout. A bit on the light side on everything. I was a bit disappointed in the yoga since it just repeated the same group of moves over and over for what I think is 13 minutes. I will still use it though. I still have to do the upper body workout on it. It will have to be another day as Meltdown and then doing Body Design today was a bit shoulder intensive. I Thought she had some interesting ways of putting some moves together a bit differently. I liked Meltdown the best of the two. I have always liked Keli Roberts. I had the one with her and Cher. I had two others that she did for the Step Company. Also, one of the CIA workouts that was a cardio weight circuit. I don't know what happened to that one since it was a dvd. I probably let someone else use it. The one I did today I think is the lowest calorie burning one of the URX MT for me. I think because you slow down a lot for the weight segments and build up to the plyometric segments. I have to keep my eye on where I step on the rebounder for some of the jumping on and off. She only does one part that is hard for me and I probably don't get as many jumps as she does because she speeds up the jump off turn and jump back on turn and back off. I fell off the rebounder and hit the floor not too long ago doing that. You can catch your toes in the skirt around the rebounder easily. You really get an awesome amount of steps in.

Good morning,

Yesterday was a beautiful day...it got up to 84+ degrees, and sunny. Now it's back to the 40's....

Diane Sue, good that you are happy with your new DVD player. I have heard various things too, that can change the color of hydrangeas...I think I will just buy something at the nursery. Funny that we have 2 of them that are about 3 feet apart, in the same bed, and one is pink and one is blue. Which Revlon suede lipstick lasts for hours? I am always on a search for a lipstick that stays more than 20 minutes! :)

Carolyn, I have to admit, I forget about sunscreen too....good thing that my facial moisturizer has SPF 30. I didn't remember XTrain Supercuts was a metabolic workout. Have you tried Ebay for your discontinued lipsticks etc? I just picked up 3 of one of the ones I really liked, that was recently discontinued.

Lori, wow! over 20,000 steps is a great accomplishment, but I can see how your legs would feel like mush at the end of the day. ;)

Caitlin, how many calories are you getting each day?

Valerie, I don't like the auto-check out much, but find that generally there is a shorter wait or now wait, for one of those lines. I always wonder what retail will be like in 10 or 15 years, or if there will even be any clerks in stores at all. Or stores either..

Any plans for the weekend?

Take care,

I've used auto check for one or two items. For a cart full, its awkward. Costco had auto check lines for a while but closed them because too much merchandise walked out without being paid for, intentionally or not. Checkers were still needed using hand held scanners for big items,alcohol or when an item didn't scan. Not sure it ended up saving any costs. Think there will always be clerks. Self check makes stealing stuff too easy! they still need clerks to run around and trouble shoot since so many times things don't go smoothly, what with loyalty cards, coupons, and scanning problems. it just looks like an opportunity for stores to downgrade pay by making the job description different. Plus, the skills a person has for retail work are not necessarily the same ones as working in a warehouse or factory.
I never thought I'd buy clothes and shoes mail order either, but it's almost impossible to find basic things like jeans that fit for years now. mail order is my only option. when DH needed work clothes, I got them at a department store but "casual" has taken over the workplace too now, and there is almost no need for dress shirts, ties, sport coats or suits. he wears them for weddings and funerals now.

and then, in another major annoyance, my almost new vacuum died. a sears canister bought summer of '15. worked fine a few days ago. DH pulled it out yesterday and it wouldn't start. warranty was 1 yr and here we are at a year and a half. sounds like the motor. not sure if we will fix or dump it and get a new one. we are NOT hard on vacuums, and nothing stupid like an over full bag. just DOA. it was several hundred dollars.

Did a spin yesterday 50 min. Think we will road ride today.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.