Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2022

Wow, I can't believe it's November already, where is the time going?

Looking forward to my orthopedic appointment on Friday, getting sick of this knee issue. I was on my feet all afternoon setting up for the art show plus trick or treating and my knee was killing me by the end of the night. It's sore today. Oy.

This morning I did RAW 1 Body Part - Chest and had a great workout. This is 4 sets of 10 reps and you do it circuit fashion.

Incline Flies: 15's
Flat Connected Press: 15's
Flat Bench Press: 20's
Did 4 sets/10 reps

Finisher:
Close Grip Press/Chest Flies/Pullovers: 10's - 10 reps

Should have gone heavier, I don't feel these weight workouts anymore. WTF?

Workout was 28 minutes, burned 172 calories and HR was 111/143.

Not focusing on steps today because my body is just sore all over. I also did RAW Athletic Stretch 2 and really liked it. Good music - Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Elton John, etc. I liked all the stretches she did too. Very good workout.

This was 28 minutes, burned 42 calories.

Diane - I know you did that Athletic Stretch too, it's a good one. Nice job on your workouts yesterday! That leg workout you did from Chris looks good. I can't wait to be able to work my legs again.

Roselyn - Glad you are feeling better!! Hope you don't have Covid.

Doreen - Good job with you workout.

Have a great one everyone!!!

I'm not really thrilled about the November Ifit Challenge - so I may do a series instead. The November challeng is all "time crunch" workouts - so short, 15-20 minutes. I did 2 of the bike rides this morning for a 35 minute ride. One in Arizona and one in Moab - both were fun, just short!

Reactions: WD
Today I feel much better, I was wiped out yesterday from all the walking last weekend. Today I had an excellent workout, I pulled out an oldie but a goodie, Cathe's 4 Day Split series and did Shoulders along with a TM walk. I love this series and the weight workouts are kick butt if you pick the right weights. TM walk was minutes uphill, traveled 2.5 miles and burned 446 calories. Next was Shoulders and then a stretch. Total calories burned was 593.

Seated Overhead Shoulder Press-
8's x 15
10's x 12
12's x 10
15's x 8

Seated Isolation Presses- 15's x 16 Superset to
Upright Rows- 15's x 12, x 12 (I added an extra set)

Standing Lateral Raise-
10's x 12
8's x 12
8's x 12 Bent Arms

Front Rear Raise- 8's x 12, x 12 Superset to
Rear Flys, Pinkies to the sky- 5's x 12, x 12

External Rotation Pulls with the Band x about 50 or more!

Debbie, sorry to hear about the knee still bugging you, I have my ortho appointment on Thurs. I am going to try to get some PT, but I bet they will not pay for it; my insurance doesn't want to cover much lately. Nice job on the weights today, I feel the same way about lifting lately, I feel I can go so much heavier, but I am worried about injuries.

Doreen, great job on the workout today.

I forgot to go back and read yesterday's thread so I will do so to catch up with you all. I cannot believe that it is November already! Make it a great day. I project a read wave in a week!!!! God Bless America!

I am waiting on the guys to finish winterizing my sprinkler system. I just got done spending a lot of time trying to make an appointment to get my Real ID done. This is the third month trying and I switched agencies and they had an online appointment calendar. I finally got scheduled for January. Then I called my eye place to see where my new glasses are as it has been 5 weeks. I never had to wait that long before. She put me on hold and said she was going to have to check into it and see what was going on and would let me know. It has been a crazy morning to say the least. Oh, and the electric company has to get in my back yard to hook up the new house behind me. I had to work around to get my dog outside between people in my yard.

Debbie, nice workout today. I hope you can find out what is going on and get some relief. I loved that stretch of Kelly's. The lower body workout was Cathe Perfect 30 Perfect Pump. I like these because they are all around 30 minutes or so. Unless you want to do upper and lower at the same time. I am not fond of the cardio though. I could have added the bonus lower which was floorwork, but really thought that I had had enough. I went a little lower than Cathe.

Doreen nice work with the two rides.

Jolie, nice workout choice today. I hear you on the weights. I look at my 30's and think I could do them for rows, but I back off because if I hurt that shoulder, I am not sure it can be repaired again. I just think it is not worth if I injure myself.

Roselyn, I am glad that you are feeling better.

I thought I posted this and I guess I did not.
So I did get a workout in then we went to do early voting only to find out it is tomorrow. Then coming back we were going to get something to eat and ended up in a long line of cars waiting to get into a school parking lot and road work so no way to go around. There is so much road work and construction around here. Then topping it all off after it got dark the power went out. I am hoping for a red wave.

My workout was Raw Step and Pump, 42 minutes, 170 calories, heart rate 115/157, 1,631 steps. I also did CDorner's mindful movement mobility from today, heart rate 83/100, 55 calories, 29 minutes. Total time was 71 minutes, 225 calories, 1,715 steps. I used 12,10, and 8# dumbbells and dropped to 5's on the last portion of the workout for shoulders. This was all upper Body with step boxing moves. I thought I had it printed out but could not find it. I know I have done it before.
I am tired and have not accomplished much today around the house. Going to bed earlier and hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

Today is going to be a rest day. I woke up this morning and it is actually raining, thank the Lord Jesus! I will be taking quite a few rest days this week because I have a lot of appointments this week and then I am really done with all of them till the New Year. Also, there are a ton of sick people around and I want to keep my immune system in top notch condition, so taking a few days off for recovery will never hurt.

Roselyn, I hope you are feeling better today.

Great job with all of the workouts yesterday!

Make it a great day! I am excited for the time change on Saturday, waking up is harder when it is totally dark outside.

Today I did RAW Box & Pump. Love this one. Actually, I love all the Box & Pump workouts. It's tough but goes fast. I actually felt the biceps work in this one. They were screaming at me by the time I was done with that segment 'Bout time!!

1 minute each drill

Rows: 15's
W Back Flies: 10's
Overhead press/flies: 8's

Boxing
Supinated Curls
: 15's
Pledges: 10's
Front/Hammer Run Curls: 8's (killer!)

Boxing
Upright Rows:
15's
Bent Elbow Lateral Raise: 10's
Bent Over Flies: 8's

Boxing
Overhead Extension
: 15#
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's
Dips

Boxing
Chest Press:
15's
Flies: 10's
Face Plant Push Ups - (I did weighted situps with 5's)

Squats:
Skipped
Back Lunges: Skipped
Scales: Skipped

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 433 calories, did 2577 steps and HR was 137/158. Fun stuff!

Jolie - Great workout yesterday! Love how you put your walks and lifting together. I am really loving doing more cardio and weights together lately. Good luck with your ortho appointment tomorrow. I'm looking forward to mine.

Roselyn - Glad you are feeling better!!

Diane - What is a Real ID? I hope you heard back about your glasses, that is so weird. Why does everything take so long anymore? Ridiculous. I am also hoping for a Red Wave. The 8th can't come fast enough for me.

Belinda - Thinking about you and your family. Hope all is well with you.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone,

We got back last night. We got in late, we stayed overnight with DD. I am Jet lag. Didn't experienced anything flying to Germany. I will take it easy today, maybe take a walk. The funeral for my niece was sad. Over 300 people mostly family showed up. Although it was sad, I got to see my family and friends. DH, Sadie and I stayed with my older sister since she lost her DD. Both my kids flew to Germany to be with family, they caught up with all their cousins and ended up having a blast with them. Sadie was amazing on the flight and being around everyone. I even took her to the funeral with us. My sister and BIL fell in love with Sadie. My family and friends all wanted to keep Sadie :) I am so proud of Sadie. On the plane she never made a sound. The flight attendants all loved Sadie. Sadie is only a 5 pound Yorkie and super cute.

I am sorry I took my iPad with me but never opened it. My sisters and family kept me busy. We already making plans to visit Germany next year. I will stay a few weeks or month next time.

If I am not to tired later I will read everyones post.

Belinda

I woke up late and with no motivation. I only got in a 20 min rowing and core tabata workout.

Today I did CDorners live step workout #248 Cardio Step Live and also did a 4 minute Raw warm up while waiting for the live workout to stop. This was 36 minutes, heart rate 114/138, 153 calories, 3,814 steps. I finished with Raw stretch #2 29 minutes, heart rate 78/100, 47 calories. Total time was 65 minutes, 200 calories. We went and early voted today. The first group of tables was set up for us to fill out a form with our info and sign saying we did not mail in vote prior to coming in and early voting. They had a really good organized set up and plenty of places set up to fill out the ballots before putting them in the machine. It was a pretty quick in and out as we went before people were off work and schools out. They said they had a pretty good turnout already for the first day. I had the fun of getting woke up by the electric company wanting to get in my yard to dig to the box to set up for the house behind us. I had to throw a t shirt over my pajamas to answer the door. I am really tired of having them show up early. The guy said I could let my dog out because it would be a while. Well awhile was like 15 minutes and she was crazy because they were on the other side of the fence and the neighbor's dogs were going nuts. I sure hope they hooked up all of the new houses that are up before they poured the dirt back in. I am surprised my shrubs planted there are still alive.

Jolie, sometimes those extra rest days are really good for us. I have noticed that I am a whole lot more energetic after a couple of days of really relaxed resting. I have noticed that my body battery rating on my Garmin goes up when I go to bed earlier and I have lighter days and rest days. I have a busy week next week. Actually, I think the next 3 weeks will be pretty busy. Next week I have an appointment for an ultrasound that I was called back for a breast cyst and my lady's group. The rain is good, it will clean up the air. It usually washes some of the pollen out of the air for a while.

Debbie, great job on the Raw Box and Pump workout today. Real ID is what we are required to do to renew our driver's license. You have to do it by appointment only. You have to go in with birth certificate or lawful identity of presence in the US, social security number verified, and two sources of proof of Oklahoma address. I am pretty sure that we are not the only state that is doing this. When I went to search for places to get an appointment at, there were other states. My husband got a couple of years ago right after they started it and there was a crowd lined up trying to do it and he had made an appointment 6 months in advance and they sent him a paper to hang on to as it was slightly past his license expiration date before he could get in. It was a mess. I finally found one though and am set. I don't know how this works with all of the illegals floating around our country.
No, I have not heard back about my glasses. I paid over 200 dollars in advance, and I would like to have them.

Belinda, I am glad Sadie was so perfect to travel with and everyone loved her. I am glad you enjoyed seeing your family and the time with them even though the occasion was a sad one. Get some rest so you can get your time turned around.

Doreen, good work getting in something even though you woke up late.

Roselyn, nice work doing Body Beast Back.

Good morning,

My knees are swollen and painful from the flight since I landed in Germany, I ended up walking yesterday. If the pain keeps up, I have to make an appointment.

I am not sure if I take a break this week or do something light?

Did anyone preorder the new STS? I am on the fence. I am afraid it's too advanced with my knees. Maybe I try OnDemand.

I will be back later.

I am so tired today, I had to work all day and then go to the Art Show Open House I had so I didn't get home until after 7 p.m. I was exhausted. So this morning I just walked on my treadmill a bit and did my PT exercises for my knee.

TM workout was 35 minutes, burned 373 calories (can't believe that, geez, compared to maybe 100 calories my FB would show), went 1.53 miles, did 3938 steps and HR was 157/180. I can't believe that either, I was going tops 2.8 mph due to my knee. My HR wasn't really beating hard at all. Not sure why it was reading so high.

Belinda - Glad your trip went well and you got home safe and sound and I'm also glad Sadie did so well. Were you able to keep her with you on the plane or did she have to go below in the storage area? I'm glad you were able to spend time with your family, even though the circumstances were so sad.

Diane - Great job on your workout. How irritating to keep having the electric company do that to you. WTH?? I think I'd just tell them to do what they need to do and to stop bugging you. I'm sure they have to get your permission, though. Oh yes, Real ID is here too, I just didn't realize that is what it's called. My mom and I got ours done the first year it came out so I'm good to go. I'm glad your voting went so well, usually I am in and out of our facility as well. It's never busy when I go and I'm looking forward to voting on Tuesday.

Jolie - Let us know how your Ortho appointment goes. I think you said that was today.

Belinda- I am thinking of testing in out on demand as well and waiting to see if I can get specific downloads instead of the entire series. I don't often do body part splits and that seems like some of the workouts.

This morning I woke up late again and debated on skipping a workout. But then decided to try out Apple Fitness. I got a three month trial with my new apple watch but just activated it. I did a Hiit session with Anja (I followed the modifier mostly) It was a good workout - hard to hear the music. I think if you do them on your phone it syncs your stats from your watch to the screen. But I did airdrop to my Roku to watch on my big screen. Maybe that's why it was hard to hear the music.

I rescheduled my Ortho appointment for another month. I went to see my Chiro yesterday and she adjusted my collar bone again, it keeps going out of alignment ever so slightly. We discussed the Ortho appointment, and both agree to try to fix this issue naturally, the Ortho will only try to give me a steroid injection which I will not do so I kicked the appointment out 1 month. If I do not have it under control by then, I will go and see what my options are going forward. My lump on the bone is almost gone since the adjustment and she also did rapid release on my pec muscle, shoulder area and traps. It felt so good, and that treatment really made a big difference. I might go and try acupuncture, I think it is a spasm that will not release, and I think this type of therapy could help, it cannot hurt right! Also, there are so many sick people out and about that I do not want to be around them before the holidays, especially at the hospital.

Today's workout was cardio only, my chiro wants me to give my neck and traps a rest for a few days and see what happens. Today I walked uphill on the TM for 75 minutes, traveled 4.2 miles and burned 651 calories. I am going to put the infrared light on my collar bone today to see if it helps with the inflammation. Tomorrow, I am going to get my hair done first thing in the morning so I will take one more rest day.

Debbie, great job on the workout yesterday and the walk on the TM today.

Belinda, I am glad you made it home safely and that the memorial service went well.

Doreen, great workout on the rowing machine.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday!

Roselyn, I hope you are feeling better.

Make it a great day.

I am so tired today, I had to work all day and then go to the Art Show Open House I had so I didn't get home until after 7 p.m. I was exhausted. So this morning I just walked on my treadmill a bit and did my PT exercises for my knee.

TM workout was 35 minutes, burned 373 calories (can't believe that, geez, compared to maybe 100 calories my FB would show), went 1.53 miles, did 3938 steps and HR was 157/180. I can't believe that either, I was going tops 2.8 mph due to my knee. My HR wasn't really beating hard at all. Not sure why it was reading so high.

Belinda - Glad your trip went well and you got home safe and sound and I'm also glad Sadie did so well. Were you able to keep her with you on the plane or did she have to go below in the storage area? I'm glad you were able to spend time with your family, even though the circumstances were so sad.

Diane - Great job on your workout. How irritating to keep having the electric company do that to you. WTH?? I think I'd just tell them to do what they need to do and to stop bugging you. I'm sure they have to get your permission, though. Oh yes, Real ID is here too, I just didn't realize that is what it's called. My mom and I got ours done the first year it came out so I'm good to go. I'm glad your voting went so well, usually I am in and out of our facility as well. It's never busy when I go and I'm looking forward to voting on Tuesday.

Jolie - Let us know how your Ortho appointment goes. I think you said that was today.

Debbie - no, Sadie sat on my lap the entire time. I had fun spending time with my family. I haven't seen in years. Sorry your knee is still causing you pain. Mine are the most painful I have experienced.

Julie - sorry about your color bone. I hope you get it under control.

Doreen - that makes sense. I just don't use Cathe as much anymore. I workout too YT.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Mashup and stretch (kickbox, hi/lo, stretch about 15 minutes each). 48 minutes, 197 calories, heart rate 116/156,3,282 steps. I started Kelly's Cardio Fit just the weights premix, did 5 minutes and 26 calories and stopped. To much of a combo of movements all in one move. My neck and shoulders along with low back are hurting today and I just decided I was not going to push it. I would rather just do a one body part at a time workout so I can be careful how I do it. Maybe tomorrow. I am tired today.

Belinda, I am waiting on the pre-ordering. I would probably use the recovery workout, but not sure on them. I am thinking about it. I am sorry your knees are so painful and swollen.

Debbie, my Garmin seems to always give me low calorie burns even if I do manage to have it pick up a higher heart rate. It took it quite a bit of time to get my heart rate up to where I think it should have been since I did the jacks and stuff instead of modifiers. I was not really feeling a workout this morning anyway.
The thing is when we moved in there was already the electric box. the at&t box, and when we ordered Cox Internet they put a Cox cable box in the same planter which cost us 350 dollars to get our internet started. I guess they had not put one in around here yet. So, these all go to other house around us and the new ones the just built. Right now there is a Cox wire hanging over our fence and an AT&T wire hanging over. The planter has bushes that have taken over so it is kind of a mess. I am glad my dog is good and does not bother all of the stuff. She did go back there looking at the place where they put the dirt back in the hole that they keep digging out. I had no clue we would be dealing with all of that. The neighbor on one side of us said they were going to put it in his and he refused to let them. I don't know how he got away with that. One morning I did have a guy sitting out back on one of the boxes smoking when I woke up and opened the blinds. It was not even 7 oclock. I guess he saw the light come on and came to the door to let me know he was waiting on someone else to hook something up. He did not want to wake me. That was a first.

Doreen, I have thought about trying the workouts on demand, but actually, cost for enough time to go through all of the workouts on demand would be half the cost of the workouts if pre-ordered.
That is nice that you got some some workouts to do with your Apple Watch.

Jolie, I understand not wanting to have to do an injection. It is not the best thing unless the pain is constant and intolerable. Good idea to leave that area alone for a few days.

Good morning,

I have a doctors appointment this morning. I am going to try to get a short workout in today. I am feeling a little better. Today Sadie is turning 4 years old :)

Diane - I see a lot of kneeling, my knees can't handle it anymore. I will wait for more info. I was looking at the cost On Demand and pre-ordered. By the time I get through all of them. I am still on the fence. I have so many dvd's collecting dust.

Julie - I understand you not wanting an injection. My pain is intolerable. I hope yours isn't as bad. I will not do any lower body workouts for the next few day's to give my knees a break.

Debbie - sorry your insurance isn't paying for an MRI. I sorry you have to go through this.

I will be back later.

I did a 18 minute bike ride and then a 12 minute back workout this morning. I starred the back workout because it was very well sequenced for a quick add-on.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.