DVDs with Barre workouts.

poohpeggy

Cathlete
I am going to try to start working out again. I want to start with Cathes Barre workouts.
I have all her DVDs.
Can anyone list the DVDs that have barre workouts? Thank you so much for any help.
It has been many years so I have forgotten.

These have barre work (or chair):
Fit Tower Total Body
Fit Tower Legs
Fit Tower Boot Camp
Great Glutes (chapter)
Lean Legs & Abs (chapter)
LIS Turbo Barre
Lower Body Blast (bonus chapter)
Xtrain Legs (bonus chapter)
KickMax - leg conditioning drills chapter
STS Meso 1 Legs - bonus chapters (4 discs)

There may be more, but this is based on what I have. HTH & best wishes on your re-start!

Last edited:
Fit Tower Total Body
Fit Tower Legs
Fit Tower Boot Camp
Great Glutes (chapter)
LIS Turbo Barre

There may be more, but this is based on what I have. HTH & best wishes on your re-start!
Thank you so much!!!

Fit Tower Total Body
Fit Tower Legs
Fit Tower Boot Camp
Great Glutes (chapter)
LIS Turbo Barre

Oh Thank you. I used to work out to Cathe 2x a day.
I miss it dearly.
I am taking it slow.
It’s humbling being a beginner again.

Oh Thank you. I used to work out to Cathe 2x a day.
I miss it dearly.
I am taking it slow.
It’s humbling being a beginner again.
I feel ya poohpeggy ... I've been there, done that too. Things that helped me:
reminding myself that re-starting is better than not; setting reasonable goals; trying not to compare my "now" self with "past" self; telling myself it's more about "progress, & not perfection". I made a little sign quoting Theodore Roosevelt about "do what you can, with what you have, where you are" & framed it & put it prominently in my workout area ... it helped when I'd feel discouraged. I give you credit starting with Cathe workouts.... I re-started with daily walking & 30 minute Jessica Smith & KCM workouts, and progressed from there. Now I mostly do Cathe & throw in a Jessica or KCM a few times a month.

Stay positive & keep us posted - we're here for you!

I am doing pretty good! I am on the daily check in.
My wrists and elbows are weak still. It is fun seeing Cathe and the crew in all these new workouts I have not done. I can not believe how slim Brenda got in the Lite series. I thought she was great before.
Thank you all for your help and support!

Whoo woo! You're on a roll ... four months of consistent workouts is commendable when re-starting ... Congrats!

I am doing pretty good! I am on the daily check in.
My wrists and elbows are weak still. It is fun seeing Cathe and the crew in all these new workouts I have not done. I can not believe how slim Brenda got in the Lite series. I thought she was great before.
Thank you all for your help and support!
I was a pretty die hard Cathlete from 2002 until 2008 (back in my late 20’s-early-30’s) but ended up taking a loooong hiatus to have four children. My first two are on the autism spectrum and we homeschool. We also made two cross-country moves in that time. So I had my hands full. I worked out with Cathe when I could, but it definitely wasn’t ideal. I gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of fitness.

Now that my kids are older and we are much more settled, I am able to get back into the grind (the awesome, sweaty, exhilarating grind!). I started back with a mix of Cathe and a virtual trainer (on a service called Co-pilot) last October. It took me months to get my strength and stamina back. (My abs, in particular, were basically trash, LOL.) I did about four months with Co-Pilot to get my feet back under me and start lifting heavier, building up my ab strength, etc. But I kept asking my trainer if I could have a day or two off each week so I could “do my videos”. (I have about 35 of Cathe’s DVDs!) As good as having a trainer was, I missed the Cathe experience. It’s just different. But I really am appreciative of the time I spent with Co-Pilot because it enabled me to actually do the videos with competency and optimism. I think in the past, I looked at how fit everyone was and how they were basically leaving me in the dust and just thought, ”Who am I kidding? I’m never going to be this fit again!“ (That’s a lie, by the way.)

It is now August — 10 months from my startIng line. I’m just now starting to look at my body and go “woah!”. My legs are way more defined, my arms look amazing, I’m far fitter, Cathe’s abs sections are very doable (a miracle of God, y’all — for real) and I once again consider myself a Cathlete. I’m coming up on my 46th birthday and I’m almost as fit as I was way back then. I’m whittling the pounds off, little by little, and I feel so much better. I still have to modify (my step bench is either on the floor or on only one set of risers; I’m not jumping as much; I’m taking breaks more often to catch my breath and then hitting play again). But it feels so good to be able to MOVE. (And I can do pushups on my toes — what? Who am I?)

TL;DR Don’t give up, don’t quit, keep going. You can do this! Take your time and keep it fun. Exercise time is “your” time. It’s health care — mental, spiritual, physical. Keep it up!

I feel ya poohpeggy ... I've been there, done that too. Things that helped me:
reminding myself that re-starting is better than not; setting reasonable goals; trying not to compare my "now" self with "past" self; telling myself it's more about "progress, & not perfection". I made a little sign quoting Theodore Roosevelt about "do what you can, with what you have, where you are" & framed it & put it prominently in my workout area ... it helped when I'd feel discouraged. I give you credit starting with Cathe workouts.... I re-started with daily walking & 30 minute Jessica Smith & KCM workouts, and progressed from there. Now I mostly do Cathe & throw in a Jessica or KCM a few times a month.

Stay positive & keep us posted - we're here for you!
This entire post is inspiring, but I really agree with "trying not to compare my "now" self with "past" self." That is my biggest challenge as well. One of the things I do now (that I never thought I would do) is pause the workout and get my breath back, then resume.

I finally adopted this approach after quitting Step Works once when she got to the wide lunges at the end. I was just too tired. Then, I was so mad at myself afterward, I put the DVD back in and timed how much longer the workout would have taken if I just stuck with it. 3:20!! That was it. Just 3 minutes, 20 seconds.

So now, if I am getting out of breath or my legs need a break. I pause, walk around, get a drink of water, then restart the DVD and continue. I tell myself that doing that gives me the energy to finish up with better form, and still complete the entire workout. Pausing is better than quitting. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.