Amanda's Abs

Eden68

Hello Cathletes!
If you watch the newer DVDs like those from the Lite Series, Amanda's Six Pack is enviable.
After 4 years of daily workouts with a high proportion of kickboxing, I am actually very satisfied with my waist. My problem is the Lower Abs. I would like to reduce 1 - 2 cm of my lower abdominal circumference. Can anyone recommend me a workout program/rotation, based on the DVDs of the Hardcore, Low Impact and Lite Series, to build defined Abs like Amanda's?
Thanks for the efforts in advance!
Kind greetings
Eden

Last edited:
Hi Eden,

I don't have any advice in this regard, but thought you might enjoy reading a little about Amanda from when she was selected to be part of Cathe's crew:

Very interesting
Is there any article about Jay also?
I think without a strict diet you're not able to build a six pack like those of the girls....
Thanks Debinmi!

From what I know about abs is if you want them you should lower the sugar you eat and processed foods. Hopes that helps!
Hi, Jennifer!
Yes, you are probably right. After 4 years of daily workout, I am actually quite satisfied. It's just that I can't get my lower abs in shape. That will most likely be due to the sweets I eat daily. Without self chastisement you will not get abs like Amanda has.
Eden

Doing Vacuums and concentrating on lower abs really help. It’s been helping me, I’m a far cry away from Amanda’s abs but I’m noticing it’s getting flatter

Amanda’s abs are most likely a combination of genetics and hard work. There are just some people who are built differently. Women are not really supposed to have six packs, we are genetically disposed to be trim but soft around the middle, so keep that in mind. Six packs on women are a fairly recent phenomenon, as compared to most of human history.

As an aside, both Nancy and Amanda are figure competitors. That’s a whole different world from the at-home Cathlete. It’s tempting to compare yourselves to them, but I wouldn’t. Unless you are willing to do everything involved to compete in figure competitions — which is *considerable* — AND you have the youth and genetics to qualify? Compete against yourself. Be the best you can be. Be well!

I don’t remember which DVD it was, but Cathe introduced Jai as “new” way back in the day. Watching her evolution over the years has been really inspiring. She’s amazing. Always looking for Jai in my DVDs.
I think it was in the Slow & Heavy series where Jai was introduced as new to the crew & Cedie was back from maternity leave. I think that was 2000 or 2001? I think Jai has been in every series since then until the new STS 2. I think Brenda has been around the longest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.