best videos for hamstrings/glutes?

AudreyQ

Cathlete
I just signed up for the streaming service, though I probably have all of Cathe's dvd's or downloads. LOL

Which are the best workouts for hamstrings/glutes. There used to be a index of all the workouts, but I don't think it includes the newer series.

I'm looking for hip thrusts, glute bridges and anything with a band :)

Thanks

No hip thrusts or bridges but the firewalker band work interspersed throughout "Live Power Legs #274" was great for my glutes. I did it yesterday and have nice DOMs today. I'll look at my notes later and post more ideas. Glad you asked and I look forward to seeing what others have to say.

Basically any exclusive “lower body” workout is going to do you right. Especially lower body with weights. You can search by type in the app.

I respectfully disagree. Lunges and squats are going to hit the quads a lot more than hamstrings and glutes. I'm looking for specific videos with deadlifts, side lunges and band work and that doesn't seem to be something I can search on.

You might also just try doing the exercises you mentioned independently of a video with weights. Probably a lot faster and more targeted to your needs.

My experience with Cathe's lower body work is that it includes the hamstring and glute work you're looking for mixed in with lots of squats and lunges.

Here's a few notes on Live Videos that may help. You can also use the User Guides
or the Workout Manager to look at specific exercises in Cathe's dvds.

Oh My Glutes:
Lots of lunge variations including Lateral Lunges, Deadlifts, uses Gliding device which I find works the glutes of the non-moving leg
Legs for Day: deadlifts, split squats, lateral lunges, Ball – hamstring roll ins, single leg bridge
Legs on Fire: Glider Lateral Lunges, Deadlifts, ends with Ball/floor work including Hamstring roll-in’s single leg bridge lifts
Lower Body Burn: Firewalker work included in the standing/weight section, also lateral lunges and glider work, ends with floor work including single leg bridges all all-4’s
2019 Glassboro Road Trip Leg Day: Each Round ends with Firewalker work, also includes deadlifts and lateral lunges
Trisets Legs Live: Includes split squats, narrow and wide deadlifts and lunge variations off the step (which I find work the glutes if I focus my weight in the standing leg/leg that stays on the step)

I've been using the Workout Blender to add on glute focused segments at the end of my workouts. Let me know if you'd like me list a few of those sections. As Abveyera noted, it would probably be "faster and more targeted" to just do the exercises without videos, but for some reason I like to do them with someone else counting and cuing.

Thank you!. I agree with you. I can easily put together my own workout of exercises, but somehow they don't get done the same way when someone else is counting and cuing. I'm a personal trainer and my clients that work with me 1x a week and on their own the rest always tell me that they work much harder with me than without me.

I guess I'm looking to write my own workouts but to have Cathe cuing me so I don't cheat on the reps. LOL

I appreciate the list you gave me, I'll see what I can put together with the workout blender.

I just signed up for the streaming service, though I probably have all of Cathe's dvd's or downloads. LOL

Which are the best workouts for hamstrings/glutes. There used to be a index of all the workouts, but I don't think it includes the newer series.

I'm looking for hip thrusts, glute bridges and anything with a band :)

Thanks

Perhaps another suggestion... This morning I did Legs & Glutes workout from the Body Blast Series. If you check it out you might find some phenomenal exercises to fit the bill.

Personally I think it's a fantastic, thorough workout.

As you all know I am a Stepalcholic! I noticed when I do my step routine, my thighs got muscular and my butt got smaller. And my calves really got muscular.

Now, I got work on everything up, like belly and everything up north.

Jen Den

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.