ADVANCED!!

Just chiming in....I'm one of the people who have been clamoring for a LITE-type series because that's where I am. And yes, there are a million other beginner-to-intermediate exercise series...but none of them is Cathe.

Let's say I really like ice cream (which is true) and that my favorite is X brand. There are a TON of ice cream makers and flavors out there, but none of them are going to be as good as X brand. I might even try other brands and think to my self, "This is okay, but if X brand made this, it would be really good." I want Cathe to be my sole provider of exercise ice cream! But I know she's only human and only has so many hours in a day.

I do see real value in the intermediate-level workouts to expand her audience and bring in people to the Cathlete fold who might not otherwise find her, or might just think "Oh, yeah, I'd try Cathe's stuff, but her workouts are always too advanced." If we want her work sustained (and we do!), it does require continually expanding the market share instead of "specializing."

That said, now that LITE's coming out, combined with ICE and LIS, that's probably enough for a while in that category. Step fans will get a new workout soon, too...so it seems like the *next* thing that should be worked on after LITE is a tough, hard-core advanced series.

Hi all, I totally agree there needs to be another Advanced Series made. A combination of HiiT, Tabata, Bootcamp and STS mini workouts.

I've been using Cathe's workouts for 16 years and yes, have certainly relied on the low impact whilst pregnant or recovering from an operation, so Cathe has ALL of us covered.

But its definately time for an Advanced Series. Please, please Cathe!!

Now that LITE is out, I am here renewing the effort to beg for another advanced series. :) I love the suggestion of a mini or simplified STS with a few new tabata/hiit/metabolic workouts.

Although I was tempted at many points to pre-buy LITE (the videos sounded so good!), I resisted the urge. When I saw the video clips, I'm glad I didn't buy. They looked like easier workouts I already have many of. I realize that you can always modify "up", but that is not as satisfying for me as having to initially modify down and working my way up to Cathe's advanced level moves and pace. I need something aspirational!

Another advanced series, please.

Now that LITE is out, I am here renewing the effort to beg for another advanced series. :) I love the suggestion of a mini or simplified STS with a few new tabata/hiit/metabolic workouts.

Although I was tempted at many points to pre-buy LITE (the videos sounded so good!), I resisted the urge. When I saw the video clips, I'm glad I didn't buy. They looked like easier workouts I already have many of. I realize that you can always modify "up", but that is not as satisfying for me as having to initially modify down and working my way up to Cathe's advanced level moves and pace. I need something aspirational!

I ended up cancelling when I saw the clips, and decided I'd get the PHA and the Pyramids only since those can probably be modified with much heavier weights. Really miss Amanda for her form.

I'll probably end up getting the Body Weight and Bands workout at some point to add to my travel DVD options. Looks like Cathe has come up with some new and interesting ways to use the band in this one, and it also looks different from Travel Fit.

I am happy that Cathe finally heard us about doing something more intermediate like the LITE workout! I haven't seen it. But, if it is what I think it is, I think it is going to be great!

I do agree, that now Cathe can be Cathe and do her Advance workouts again! I love that Cathe is advanced! I wouldn't like it if she was beginner/intermediate with 3/4 of her dvds! It would be boring!

I loved in her ICE DVD that she had one of her people did modify move. I think that would help more in an advance dvd. I know she talks about modifications in her workouts, but seeing it does help when you are doing the workout!

I love that Cathe makes you push yourself! I remember in an interview she said if you can push yourself 10 seconds do it. That really stuck with me!

Also, if you need to be advance do Cathe Live! They have many advance workouts there!

I am happy that Cathe finally heard us about doing something more intermediate like the LITE workout! I haven't seen it. But, if it is what I think it is, I think it is going to be great!

I do agree, that now Cathe can be Cathe and do her Advance workouts again! I love that Cathe is advanced! I wouldn't like it if she was beginner/intermediate with 3/4 of her dvds! It would be boring!

I loved in her ICE DVD that she had one of her people did modify move. I think that would help more in an advance dvd. I know she talks about modifications in her workouts, but seeing it does help when you are doing the workout!

I love that Cathe makes you push yourself! I remember in an interview she said if you can push yourself 10 seconds do it. That really stuck with me!

Also, if you need to be advance do Cathe Live! They have many advance workouts there!

Even though Amanda was the modifier in Ice, it was more of a distraction for me.

Even though Amanda was the modifier in Ice, it was more of a distraction for me.
I can understand about when Amanda was doing the modifications. It was a distraction. I remember when I was doing one of the ICE when Amanda did the modification my eye went to her. I didn't do the modification, but I was watching her.

Maybe Cathe could do a segment on a workout. Or before the workout begins like when she use to have an introduction tell the people how to do a modification. Or make a chapter a day these are the modifications in the workout and explain them and show to do them. Maybe that might help.

I did some of Cathe ICE workouts, and the only thing I noticed about them was Cathe was more into modifications. It was still hard. I have done Xtrain and I liked it better because it had more flow to it. If I had to pick I would pick Xtrain. It wasn't because of difficulty, it flowed better! When Cathe would go to another segment, it seemed Xtrain she was more happier doing it. I could be wrong, but that is the feeling I got.

Remember we are all human. Cathe too. In all videos, she suggests not only if to hard go lighter, but also if to easy, go heavier. You have the ability to make each one of her videos beginner, intermediate or advanced. That is why Cathe has made it to the top in the industry while listening to her own body as well.

I could be wrong, but I thought Cathe said awhile back that she probably would not do another STS because it was such a massive project that took a large amount of time. But I am still wishing hard for a Ripped w/HIIT 2!!! Or atleast the next series to be Advanced =)

You are right BlakKat , I remember Cathe replying to a post about what a a huge project STS was and she probably not do another.
I love Ripped w/ Hiit upper body weight splits, especially that shoulders are split up beteen them too. They are a go to for me lately :)

I know Bubachick - I love the splits & the shoulders especially...my favorite body part! I've been hoping ever since that she would do a 2nd RWH. I think it's time for an advanced series next, pretty please Cathe :)

BlakKat, I believe yes, you are right about that.
I had hoped Cathe would rather put up a periodization program on Cathe Live. I would be so glad to go lifting with Cathe & the House! Although, obviously it would be a smaller group with gym sized plates/weights and all.
: )

So I did end up buying the PHA and Pyramids dvds because I figure those can easily be modified into advanced workouts. I just increased the suggested weights to what I would use, and modified some of the back lunges off the step (I usually get rid of the step) to the floor and increased weights to my usual 40's. I have a row of kettlebells that fit in beautifully for the sumo deadlifts, etc. Music is fantastic! The Pyramids, I do use my small platform with 4 risers for stepups, just increase the weights again. Absolutely love PHA, both workouts are fantastic with heavier weights, very happy with the speed of the workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.