Giving Shakeology a try

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, I finally bit the bullet and bought Shakeology. I'm going to start taking it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it lives up to it's claims... or at least share my experience and if it's worth the money. I think I may give the Recovery formula a go as well if I'm sold on the shake.

Happy Sunday!
Pam

Can't wait!

Thanks for sharing! I've been on the fence about it so I'll definitely be looking for your feedback.

I love Shakeology. My coach gave me some samples and I was hooked. I have noticed my "menopause belly" disappearing at a fast pace and I haven't changed my diet other than using Shakeology for breakfast. I keeps me full for at least 4 hours sometimes 5. Try the chocolate recipe with the almond butter, banana and almond milk. It is delicious.

I've tried both the chocolate and the green Shakeology - didn't care for the chocolate one (even though I'm normally a chocolate freak) but I loved the green one! And I love the recovery drink!!! Very yummy orange flavour.

Stebby

yes please, b/c i have definitely been on the fence about this one....just wondering if the price is worth it.......will be looking forward to hearing what u think about it:)

I would love to try it but I simply can not justify the expense! :(

I feel the same way :(. I would love to try all the flavors too.

Pam, how many shakes does each tub yield approx.? Did you buy it from the website or store?

Good luck with it! Please come back to give us your reviews.

Natasha

love it

LOVE IT!

I have been using it for about 8 months - the main reason is I am not a breakfast person and was eating meaningless calories w/o nutrional value - and it has probiotics supposed to help digestive issues.

and let me say - i was on the verge of having to go to dr for symptoms resembling IBS - after i had a bout of SEVERE food poisoning - but after drinking Shakeology - I think Shakeology has all but cured me!! so I sing it's praises -

now I drink my shake for breakfast - add some fruit and I am done till lunch.

LOVE the chocolate - it is like a THICK hershey's milk chocolate w/a hint of mocha in it. Greenbury - HATED IT - not only the color but it didnt taste like anything I know and my weak tummy didnt like the thought of drinking a green drink. They have a new Strawberry/tropical fruit - EXCELLENT - but it does have a grainier texture - I add 1/2 frozen banana and a couple strawberries and blend it longer than the chocolate.

It gives me energy I need - it promotes a healthy digestive system - and blood sugar levels - so from someone who did not eat breakfast and couldnt stomach a lot of foods on her tummy .. it has worked wonders.

I dont think I could drink it as a meal that would replace lunch or dinner tho - not enough calories - mixed w/water it only has about 160 calories -

and NO I am not a bb coach - just my 2 cent worth on the shake~! :D

LOVE IT!

I have been using it for about 8 months - the main reason is I am not a breakfast person and was eating meaningless calories w/o nutrional value - and it has probiotics supposed to help digestive issues.

and let me say - i was on the verge of having to go to dr for symptoms resembling IBS - after i had a bout of SEVERE food poisoning - but after drinking Shakeology - I think Shakeology has all but cured me!! so I sing it's praises -

LOVE the chocolate - it is like a THICK hershey's milk chocolate w/a hint of mocha in it. Greenbury - HATED IT - not only the color but it didnt taste like anything I know and my weak tummy didnt like the thought of drinking a green drink. They have a new Strawberry/tropical fruit - EXCELLENT - but it does have a grainier texture - I add 1/2 frozen banana and a couple strawberries and blend it longer than the chocolate.

It gives me energy I need - it promotes a healthy digestive system - and blood sugar levels - so from someone who did not eat breakfast and couldnt stomach a lot of foods on her tummy .. it has worked wonders.

I dont think I could drink it as a meal that would replace lunch or dinner tho - not enough calories - mixed w/water it only has about 160 calories -

Thanks for the info, it helped me personally with some concerns I've been having! During my last pregnancy my digestion slowed to a complete stop regardless of what I ate or how I exercised. I ended up developing GallBladder Flares bc my system was so freaking slow. My 3rd attacked happened a week after losing our little girl when my hormones went nuts. I bought a few samples that I am taking to my doctors appointment tomorrow to make sure it's safe to consume preconception and pregancy. I had some GB type pain this past week bc my digestion completed stopped again despite good nutrition and exercise; i think I might be pregnant again either that it was the steriods I took for a few days while my shoulder injury flared. Either way I have had it with this digestive problem and I am hoping this will help to get it back on track. I'm also tired of the typical breakfast fare and do NOT like oatmeal. With warmer weather coming food tends to upset my stomach in the morning so a shake that lasts in my system for a few hours is exactly what I've needed. I've never consumed a protein shake that lasted more than 1.5 hours regardless of what was blended into it. Here's to hoping that Shakeology is the shake of my dreams! :D

LOVE IT!

THANK YOU for the feedback!! I'm also not a big breakfast fan- I just have a hard time eating first thing in the morning and it typically takes me a long time to "clean my plate" :p

I found my blender and I will begin it tomorrow!!

Pam

I love Shakeology. My coach gave me some samples and I was hooked. I have noticed my "menopause belly" disappearing at a fast pace and I haven't changed my diet other than using Shakeology for breakfast. I keeps me full for at least 4 hours sometimes 5. Try the chocolate recipe with the almond butter, banana and almond milk. It is delicious.

I had just a half of a shake this morning and am totallly floored by how full I have been today!! It's REALLY thick so I think I need to add some more liquid to it. I did the chocolate and tossed in some raspberries. YUMMALICIOUS!! I have a feeling this will stay on auto-ship!

Pam

Can someone tell me how many WW points plus per serving?

I figured that out the other day with the chocolate flavor and IIRC it was 4. That's far too many points in a drink for me personally. One more reason not to try it I guess...*sigh*...This makes me sad because I *really* want to try it but it just makes less and less sense for me at every turn....:(

I just want to add that if you are looking to get pregnant anytime soon, you should not comsume shakeology.

I took a sample packet to my Reproductive Endocrinologist's office yesterday and while he said there is "a lot of good" in this product, some of the herbs can increase certain risk factors during pregnancy and potentially harm the baby. They mimic stimulate type properties like caffiene and appetite supressants (spelling?). While most of the ingredients are very beneficial for us adults, they can risk injury to your baby and/or placenta.

Just an FYI.

Can someone tell me how many WW points plus per serving?

According the the online WW calculator it's 2 point if just mixed with water. It's 150 calories, 1 gram fat, and 3 fiber for the chocolate flavor. The new Vegan Tropical Strawberry is 160 calories, 1 gram of fat and 4 grams of fiber.

I liked it so much that after trying it for a month, I signed up to be a coach. Doing the Shakeolgy 3 Day cleanse really helps when you hit a weightloss plateau.

The digestive benefits were very noticeable for me too. If I skip a couple of days, I can tell the difference.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.