NOV 2011 Low Impact Series Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! The following rotation is for all of you who have the Low Impact Series Bundle and want to do a one month rotation using it.You can expect to burn body fat, rev your metabolism, develop core strength, flexibility and balance through functional movement, metabolic training and flexibility training.

In order to get the maximum results from this monthly rotation you must accompany it with a healthy, clean as possible diet, extra water and a good night’s sleep. When you kick up your training many times you will find yourself hungrier after about a week (which is a normal and expected response). The key is to eat healthy 150 to 200 calorie snacks between healthy unprocessed meals! So have those healthy snacks ready to go so that you don’t eat the wrong foods.

Some healthy snack suggestions: Small apple and a small palmful of almonds ( or walnuts or hazelnuts)—OR—a cup of non fat Greek yogurt and a handful of blueberries—OR—- A ½ cup of raw veggies (broccoli, carrots, tomatoes) and 1 hard boiled egg—-OR—–a protein shake

WEEK ONE:
Mon…After Burn
Tues…OFF
Wed….Cardio Supersets (OR sub in Cycle Max if you have it OR instead do Slide & Glide in its entirety)
Thurs….Low Impact Challenge
Fri…..Total Body Tri Sets Lower Body
Sat…. Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus Total Body Tri Sets Upper Body
Sun….. Yoga Relax

WEEK TWO:
Mon…Athletic Training (or you can instead do Slide & Glide in its entirety)
Tues…OFF
Wed….Turbo Barre
Thurs…. Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus Total Body Tri Sets Upper Body
Fri…..Yoga Max
Sat….Low Impact Challenge
Sun….. Total Body Tri Sets Lower Body

WEEK THREE:
Mon…OFF or Yoga Relax
Tues…Afterburn
Wed….Low Impact Challenge
Thurs….Tri Sets Upper Body
Fri….. Tri Sets Lower Body
Sat….Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus Low Impact Challenge (or sub in Cycle Max if you have it)
Sun….. Cardio Supersets

WEEK FOUR:
Mon…Low Impact Challenge
Tues…Athletic Training
Wed….Yoga Max
Thurs…. Tri Sets Lower Body
Fri….. Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus THE CARDIO BLAST SEGMENT ONLY (from Low Impact Challenge)
Sat….Turbo Barre lower Body Express Premix
Sun….. Tri Sets Upper Body

If you prefer to make this a 5 day rotation instead, do the following:

WEEK ONE:
Mon…After Burn
Tues…OFF
Wed….Cardio Supersets (or sub in Cycle Max if you have it)
Thurs….Low Impact Challenge
Fri…..Total Body Tri Sets Lower Body plus Yoga Relax Express workout.
Sat…. Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus Total Body Tri Sets Upper Body
Sun….. OFF

WEEK TWO:
Mon…Athletic Training
Tues…OFF
Wed….Turbo Barre
Thurs…. Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus Total Body Tri Sets Upper Body
Fri…..OFF
Sat….Low Impact Challenge
Sun….. Total Body Tri Sets Lower Body

WEEK THREE:
Mon…OFF
Tues…Afterburn
Wed….Low Impact Challenge
Thurs….Tri Sets Upper Body
Fri….. Tri Sets Lower Body
Sat….Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus Low Impact Challenge (or sub in Cycle Max if you have it)
Sun….. OFF

WEEK FOUR:
Mon…Low Impact Challenge
Tues…Athletic Training
Wed….OFF
Thurs…. Tri Sets Lower Body
Fri….. Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus THE CARDIO BLAST SEGMENT ONLY (from Low Impact Challenge) Plus Yoga Max Express workout of your choice
Sat….OFF
Sun….. Tri Sets Upper Body

LIS & STS

Cathe don't forget the LIS & STS! Thanks though especially for the snack tips! Appreciate any extra tips on the food!

I know you are super busy, but a LIS & STS Rotation would be very appreciated!! So I agree...please don't forget it! And thanks for such LIS! My knees love it :) and I adore it!

Which chapters are used in Yoga Relax Express Workout used in the 5 day rotation? I just have the downloads, which don't include the premixes.

I am also looking forward to the LIS/STS rotation, hopefully it won't be forgotten. If I don't see if I plan on doing STS 3 days a week, LIS Cardio workouts 3 days a week, and throwing in some yoga/stretching in the evenings.

but would love to see what Cathe comes up with.

Thanks for a great LIS series

Rhonda

Thank you!!!

I'm finishing up a rotation (sort of a prep for this), I can't wait to get started on this rotation.

What about a rotation with LIS and non-STS workouts? I don't have STS and would love to incorporate my other workouts with LIS.

kschubot said:
What about a rotation with LIS and non-STS workouts? I don't have STS and would love to incorporate my other workouts with LIS.

Because STS workouts are so straight-forward about what body parts they work, it should be easier to sub as needed, using workouts like gym styles, slow & heavy, 4DS, and the various leg workout DVDs . Do you have any of those? :confused:

I do have some of those, PUB/PLB, and the 4 day splits, but most of mine are total body sculpting. I also can't tell how long the STS workouts are and how they are split up when it comes to muscle groupings and that sort of aspect.

I was actually hoping for something with more circuit workouts in it than straight up strength workouts, feel like they are more efficient, but maybe that can be for next month. And I realize that the LIS is more like what I want so can just do the LIS rotation but would like to do some of my older workouts still.

Thanks Cathe! Absolutely love the 5 day rotation. As soon as I've recovered from my port a cath removal surgery I'll be diving in. :)

I do have some of those, PUB/PLB, and the 4 day splits, but most of mine are total body sculpting. I also can't tell how long the STS workouts are and how they are split up when it comes to muscle groupings and that sort of aspect.

I was actually hoping for something with more circuit workouts in it than straight up strength workouts, feel like they are more efficient, but maybe that can be for next month. And I realize that the LIS is more like what I want so can just do the LIS rotation but would like to do some of my older workouts still.

Ah, OK, I get what you're saying. So maybe you're right, :confused: the LIS only rotation may be better suited since it's mostly circuit type stuff, but there's no reason you can't throw in some of your oldies in there too. Perhaps when a LIS workout is repeated, you can sub an older fave of the same caliber.

The STS workouts are typically 50-60 minutes in length, and the Meso 1 is about the closest you get to circuit work. It moves NONSTOP, lol, and is very much cardio intense (just so ya know ;) ) so you could do PUB in place of those (or an upper body premix of one of your other workouts, like HR or similar), and 4DS in place of the M2 work (if you wanted to give the STS rotation a shot), but just double up on the 4DS body parts, combining to give you the same parts that are worked for that particular STS workout.

Also, I know that you said you prefer circuits, but don't underestimate the power of a good split once in a blue moon (you never know how your body might respond to a month "shocking" rotation) ;) You could always go back to the circuits, but change (even for a short time) can't hurt, right? :D

I've tried splits before but with my limited time and I don't have a lot of heavy weight and can't really afford more (limited space and $$) so circuits seem most efficient for me. But maybe next month I'll try splits.

Thanks for the advice.:D

I've tried splits before but with my limited time and I don't have a lot of heavy weight and can't really afford more (limited space and $$) so circuits seem most efficient for me. But maybe next month I'll try splits.

Thanks for the advice.:D

Ooooh, I totally get ya on the limited space. A couple years ago we had some family move in (they stayed for 2 yrs) and my workout room became the teen boys' bedroom :confused: . I was relegated to working out in my tiny bedroom. Needless to say, :( my workout style had to change dramatically. I couldn't lift as heavy, and definitely had to look for the biggest "bang for the buck" factor, lol. Circuits were much more of a mainstay then.... ;)

On another note, it sounds like LIS will be right up your alley! :D Most of the workouts use minimal equipment. Come to think of it, I sure wish I had it back then, lol! :p I was hurtin for a good workout (and the low impact would've been ideal, so I was always concerned that my jumping and bumping around would bother others, so I never let myself get too... "into" it :rolleyes: )

I love LIS! It's perfect for me and I am finding new muscles all the time, especially the next day. Also love that I have all of the equipment already!!

I think I am going to do the 5 Day rotation after I finish STS in March 2012. I think it'll be perfect for shocking the body majorly before jumping into a rotation of 4DS!

Thanks Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.