Skin care in your 40's

Gibbee said:
Have any of you already gone through menopause? Has using any of these products improved the tone and appearance of your skin? I had a total hysterectomy in '08 at 42, so it has definitely sped up the aging process. I do take HRT.

Just wondering - thanks!

I went thru menopause quite a few years ago and hoping it helps with my aging skin too! I just got mine yesterday so I'll keep you posted. My face has aged a lot this past year. Hoping for a miracle, BUT since that prob won't happen, I'll be happy to see some changes at all.

I went thru menopause quite a few years ago and hoping it helps with my aging skin too! I just got mine yesterday so I'll keep you posted. My face has aged a lot this past year. Hoping for a miracle, BUT since that prob won't happen, I'll be happy to see some changes at all.

I am tempted also, but my skin is so sensitive. Keep us posted on how you like it!

YEAH! I am turning 40 in June and I just bought the Pink Clarisoni since it was 20% I decided to go for it! I can't wait to try it!

I had my first microbrasion and peel a few weeks ago and LOVED the results I am definitely going to do a series of 6! It is expensive, but I figure it's better to get a head start and try to prevent the aging before it gets to bad than try to correct it after the fact...

I purchased the Clarisonic (2 actually, 1 for teenaged son and 1 for me) when a similar thread ran just before Christmas. I haven't noticed a difference in my skin but it has been a godsend for the teenage son!!! His skin has cleared up when NOTHING else worked!

No on has mentioned oil. I have dry skin and
I LOVE oil on my face! DHC has an olive oil that is wonderful but I have recently noticed a lot of cheaper options available at health-food stores and even the grocery store. Bobbie Brown recommends them as well. They are great moisturizers and no, they do NOT cause pimples!

Thanks Debbie for the link ! I just ordered the lavender one! Just last week I saw it on the Today Show as a great Mother's Day gift. They said it was an investment but worth it ! I was thrilled to see your link for a travel sized one at a much better price! :)

I ordered the garnet - can't wait to try it out.

So, my question is this - do you have to use their special cleansers with this or can I use a basic cleanser. I know you are not supposed to use anything with abrasives. I do have an Image facial cleaser that is very mild. Do you think I could use that?

Thanks!

The QVC site says use it with any non abrasive cleaser.

Thanks for the link! I live in Canada and called Sephora, it sells for $237 CND here. I checked the price thru the link, total is $168 USD (so about $160 CND), I ordered it yesterday and it will be here today :D

I just wanted to update and say I have been using the Olay ProX for four days now, and wow, I absolutely LOVE it! Even with the very first use, I noticed an immediate improvement in the look and feel of my skin. Very happy with my purchase.

(And this is not to dissuade anyone from the Clarisonic or the Mia—they sound fantastic, but neither was in the budget for me at the moment.)

For anyone using the Clarisonic, how often do you use it? Once a day? or twice?

When I first got mine two years ago, I used it twice a day. About a week later, I noticed that when I put moisturizer or another product on my face my face stung a little. I cut back on the Clarisonic to once a day. This solved my problem.

Now, I currently use mine only 3-4 times a week.

I purchased the Clarisonic (2 actually, 1 for teenaged son and 1 for me) when a similar thread ran just before Christmas. I haven't noticed a difference in my skin but it has been a godsend for the teenage son!!! His skin has cleared up when NOTHING else worked!

No on has mentioned oil. I have dry skin and
I LOVE oil on my face! DHC has an olive oil that is wonderful but I have recently noticed a lot of cheaper options available at health-food stores and even the grocery store. Bobbie Brown recommends them as well. They are great moisturizers and no, they do NOT cause pimples!

Hi TexasLaura,
My 14 year old also is dealing with acne, what products does you teenage son use with the clarasonic? Thanks!

I'll be 50 on July 1 and I'm often told I look 15-20 years younger. Like you, I don't have much if any visible skin damage. I have always used a high SPF sunscreen on my face (starting with an SPF 8 in my early 20's which is what was available then; currently I use anywhere from SPF 40 to 60). As I get older I find I need more exfoliation for my skin to look bright. I like the "Vegetal Peeling" cream from Phytomer - it's very gentle (enzymes dissolve and remove the dead skin cells, which I much prefer over scrubs) and is available from my local spa/salon. Other than that, I use drug store brands to cleanse and moisturize. I cleanse and moisturize twice daily, exfoliate twice weekly, apply my sunscreen 3-4 times daily, and hardly ever wear make-up so my routine is pretty quick.

Stebby

No Way! You look so young in your picture! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.