Things that are bugging me for no good reason today...

Dela

Cathlete
I'm sure everyone has one of those things that just irks them for no good reason, today for some reason just seeing the word "Method" in workout titles is just getting on my last nerve. TA Method, Montenegro Method, etc.

I'm sure everyone has one of those things that just irks them for no good reason, today for some reason just seeing the word "Method" in workout titles is just getting on my last nerve. TA Method, Montenegro Method, etc.

I think you can also substitute *system* for method. I'm laughing right now because I'm looking at my Skogg System (kettlebells) and reading this at the same time. :p

I know why many things are getting on my last nerve today. This is what happens when my aunt is about to make her monthly visit. No one can do anything right and everything bugs me. :confused: Thank goodness I can workout and work it out.

I know why many things are getting on my last nerve today. This is what happens when my aunt is about to make her monthly visit. No one can do anything right and everything bugs me. :confused: Thank goodness I can workout and work it out.

Tracy, same here!!! Yesterday I was getting SO aggravated watching Andrew Zimmern chew on "Bizarre Foods." I had to turn it off!

This thread popped back into my head...

...when I was reading a review on Amazon. What's the point of giving a product a one star rating because of shipping? Or when someone writes: "arrived on time and as described" it reminds me of Ebay feedback. I want to know about the product, and little more then *as described* would be helpful. I mean, you already are taking the time to write, may as well be a bit more thoughtful.

Last edited:
I saw a review like that that irritated me - for a CD burner. The person was mad at the CD burner because it wouldn't copy copyrighted material! She was trying to copy DVR'd programming that is protected and blamed the burner. They should have the option to give "idiot stars" out to those who deserve it. This one deserves 3!!!

...when I was reading a review on Amazon. What's the point of giving a product a one star rating because of shipping? Or when someone writes: "arrived on time and as described" it reminds me of Ebay feedback. I want to know about the product, and little more then *as described* would be helpful. I mean, you already are taking the time to write, may as well be a bit more thoughtful.

OMG that totally annoys me! They say the product is great, but it came late or wrapped poorly so it's 1 stars???? I don't get that.

Yes, I've been super annoyed when people rate products on amazon because of something that has NOTHING to do with the product. If I'm reading the reviews, I want to know about the product, not the buyers payment issues or shipping speed or anything like that.

I also get annoyed with ridiculous calorie burn claims in otherwise perfectly good workout DVDs!

Also one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says "I could never do that" as if you have some sort of super power that they don't have. For instance if I say I work out five times a week for about an hour, a common reply is "I could never do that" as if they would spontaneously combust if they tried! The truth is they haven't done that and they may not want to do that and it might not be easy, but they COULD. It's not easy for me either.(This phrase occurs often, not just in reference to working out.)

Boilerchick, along the lines of "I could never do that", it absolutely drives me nuts when people say "If I can do it anyone can do it". Like losing weight or graduating IT Technical institute (just saw that ad) was SO much harder for them than anyone else, and no one else could possibly have all the obstacles they had or more for that matter! That's a big assumption.

I also get annoyed with ridiculous calorie burn claims in otherwise perfectly good workout DVDs!

Ooh I didn't even see that one at first! Also under that category, is "Lose up to 10 pounds and 10 inches in 2 weeks!" kind of statements. I guess when I lose zero or 1 pounds, that is technically "UP TO" 10 pounds :rolleyes:

I hate those commercials for workout equipment that make it look like if you work harder that it will make more of a calorie burn, well sort of but the truth is there is a finite amount of work you can do before you red line your heart rate. Sheesh.

That tread/climber treadmill/stepper thingy. Really? Couldn't I just walk up hill? Outside? With the birds and the butterflies? Rather than buy another piece of equipment that requires electricity? good grief:rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.