Do you double up on your sports bra?

janie1234

Cathlete
I noticed that on some Cathe DVD's that Cathe and the crew will double up on the sports bra. I have to do this sometimes too.

I've had a pretty hard time finding sports cami's or yoga type bra tops that fit the bill and offer support, coverage, and are stylish.

It is kinda frustrating to buy a cute yoga top only to have to buy another sports bra to wear underneath it.

I do too if I'm going to be jumping a lot (like Imax 2 or HiiT) or running on the treadmill but otherwise my fake 34D girls are good with just the built in shelf bra. Since I'm working out in my living room 90% of the time, I don't really care what it looks like cuz nobody is going to see me anyways! I really like the C9 seamless sports bras by Champion that sell at Target stores for $16.99. They are stretchy and thin so they go nicely underneath other tops and provide moderate support for "the girls." I just did run/walk intervals on the treadmill wearing one under a thin Champion double dry tank top and it worked fine.

Oh Lord yes! My 'girls' are about 36D and I MUST double up. I use a regular underwire then a pretty sturdy sports bra over that. I still need to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Ugh- I do NOT like bra shopping! :p

Pam

Have to.....

I have 36D's and MUST double up. Either a regular underwire bra and then a built in shelf bra tank top or some other garmet with sturdy help.

If I don't there is too much bouncing and it's uncomfortable not to mention distracting to my workout. :eek:

Pam

Hi Pam- great name!! :D

I totally hear ya about the bouncing issue. I went to the Y last night and forgot to put my sports-bra on again. I was soooo self-concious doing the elliptical because of the 'girls' doing their own dance!! :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Pam

I double up too! These 36D twins get way too giddy during any high impact workout. Heck, who am I kidding...they jump around during ANY cardio workout!!! Even if I wear a bra designed for high impact activity, I still need to wear one underneath since it can't support these mounds lol. On weight training days though, I usually stick with 1.

Janie,
I'm not overendowed by any stretch of the imagination but I can't stand to bounce, at all, when I run or ride. I'll double up bras if I don't have one that will get the job done. I love Title 9 for their selection of sports bras. A lot of them aren't cute, but they get the job done. Sometimes I have to resist the urge to hand Title 9 catalogues out to women runners who are bouncing so much it hurts just to watch. As for layering, I like the mesh sports bras from Patagonia, they seem to fit nicely under most yoga tops without sticking out.
Lisa

Janie,
I'm not overendowed by any stretch of the imagination but I can't stand to bounce, at all, when I run or ride. I'll double up bras if I don't have one that will get the job done. I love Title 9 for their selection of sports bras. A lot of them aren't cute, but they get the job done. Sometimes I have to resist the urge to hand Title 9 catalogues out to women runners who are bouncing so much it hurts just to watch. As for layering, I like the mesh sports bras from Patagonia, they seem to fit nicely under most yoga tops without sticking out.
Lisa

Hiya Lisa!!! I have a Patagonia about 15 minutes away. I saw that online but I was not sure if it could fit the bill. If it has your stamp of approval I'll deffinitely give them a try.

I'm hardly overendowed, . . .okay I've pretty much got the chest of a 13 year old boy (34 A- maybe a 34 B during those bloated PMS days) but when Cathe says jump higher, . .I feel it and I like the "girls" to stay where they are without looking like I'm duct taped in. :)

I love the quality of Title 9. I have a few of those too. I use those under my Target tank tops.

I use a size smaller from Wal Mart, kind of like the Champion from Target. I hate bounce. I'm not well endowed, but I have lost a lot of weight so everything is loose and it ain't a good feeling. I wear snug under garments to hold everything together. I wonder if a compression top would help?

I do sort of double up, its a snug tank top over a snug sports bra. I use my lesser bras indoors and my good ones to run in. I hate bounce, its not fun. I even wear sports bras to work sometimes because I do a physical job (camera operator.)

I'm so sad! I never feel anything bouncing anywhere! LOL! Guess I just don't have much to show! I certainly am not "perky" anymore, but mine just flatten out when I put a sports bra on! Comes from losing weight in my chest! Why couldn't I be one of those who kept the boobs and lost the weight everywhere else?

Always--but I go to a gym, I have to regardless of size. Especially when the AC is blasting. I'm sure you can figure out why. :eek:

I am a 36DD and the only bra I can wear and not have to double up is the Lilyette Power Motion Underwire Sports bra. They are awesome, my girls dont move!
They discontinued the line, but you can still buy them on Ebay!

Always--but I go to a gym, I have to regardless of size. Especially when the AC is blasting. I'm sure you can figure out why. :eek:

Hi LauraMax, . . .okay since I'm not endowed, . . .this really is one of the main reasons that I double up. I have lululemon and beyond yoga tanks but nothing seems to hide what my little kids like to call the "nibbles." :eek: I like th comfort of the beyond yoga tanks and I wear those all day nearly every day. I love lululemon BUT I hate those padded removable dodads that they give you that seem to make things more obvious. I've bought stuff from Oh My Bod but there really is very little support to them. There just has to be a yoga type cami that fits the bill without having to double up.

I used to until I started using the Champion (Powersleek) sports bras. I'm chesty enough that some activities can be uncomfortable and I don't like to feel like i am all over the place. They're amazing and you won't need a second anything with them. I've used them for running, kickbox, weights, HIIT, everything and I feel very supported with almost no "bounce."

Hi Pam- great name!! :D

I totally hear ya about the bouncing issue. I went to the Y last night and forgot to put my sports-bra on again. I was soooo self-concious doing the elliptical because of the 'girls' doing their own dance!! :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Pam

Oh this one really hit the spot. When I started at dance classes I couldn't understand why everyone (especially the men) seemed all to be looking at 'me' - was I really that good?????? Answer no - but the girls were there doing their own thang. When I worked that out I got into the routine of always changing my bra before class and ensuring max support.

HOWEVER, working out with Cathe at home is a whole other thing and doubling up is a MUST.

My daughter who's a bit bigger than me goes to the gym and seems to manage OK with one bra - is that the difference between being 21 and being 51????

Gotta go girls - I can hear Cathe calling so I'm off to strap these 'puppies' down for Cardio Fusion.

Great Thread

Holy Moly gals, . . . I can't stop laughing at some of these replies. I guess big or small you can always find a way to laugh at them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.