Who One Star Rates a Friggin' Birthday Thread?!?

Now I will speak up on nasty, abusive posts because let's face it, sometimes people are just rude, but 1-starring a post to me is like someone playing doorbell ditch. They ring your bell and run, like the little cowards they are. Cowards don't deserve attention. Now I totally respect posters that say, "Hey, I 1-starred this thread because...";)

That is so true!!!

Eliminating the one-starring on the Cathe board is certainly not a priority on my to-do list of things to change the world :p but I really don't like that some people are getting stalked by cowards. I may not be big buddies with those who are getting stalked. In fact, there is not much that Laura and I agree on but I still think it is not right.

I'm only deleting this post and my response to it because I was asked to, and because I like the person.

Last edited:
You know what I think?

I think Jonzie one starred the birthday thread just so she could start talking about how some forum members are "bullies".

what in the world is "one star"? i am at a total loss here

Hey Cathy! Sorry about the confusion. I sent you a personal message explaining it and KNOW you will be getting lots of replies from other people so I'm sure you'll be covered. :)

Forgive me if I'm wrong...but did I read recently that you are from Texas? The Austin area, I think? I am from Midland and Lubbock, TX...but am living in L.A. currently. And would LOVE to hear any Texas news! Anything to do with thunderstorms (it's sunny 364 days of the year here), horses, Sonic drive-ins, Blue Bell ice cream, or college football. But I guess I should make sure I am getting your geography straight first! ;)

Hope to talk more soon!

Jonezie

I'm only deleting this post and my response to it because I was asked to, and because I like the person.

Thanks again, Jennie. I like you too. Who knows, it might have saved your life to have done so....sad as that is.

:/

Clarissa

Well, I sure hope the start rating thing goes away, it seems like the only thing it has ever done was start arguments :(

Last edited:
WOW

this thread needs to die a quick death.

A year and half ago LM could have easily pointed the finger at me. We were at each others virtual throats. I am sure many remember.

You will probably be surprised that we are now facebook friends. Yep . . and we have a few good jabs at each other over there but have learned to step back and let the other person pass so to speak. She is passionate about her views as am I yet here we are talking on Cathe and FB. Who would have thought . . .

And as much as we despised each other at the time - I would have never (nor do I think she) would have one starred a Happy Birthday thread. That is really low, selfish, un-Christian (or un religious, spiritual whatever the case may be) to do. It's someones birthday for the Love of God . . .

We both apologized to each other - we were both wrong in many ways - and have moved on. I think she had a reason to be upset - anyone would be.

SNM has now regulated it to 10 peeps being able to star a thread and then it's cut off. I agree - what's the use of starring a thread. If you don't like that person - keep your fingers off the key board.

NOW - let's talk about some of the dresses from the Oscars last night. WTH was Charlize thinking???? Purple cinnabuns on her tata's - OY! Fire the stylist please . . . .

Baylian

LOL about the purple cinnabuns! ITO! What did you think about Sarah Jessica's dress?!? LOVED the hair!!!

SJP's dress

eww - not sure. At first luved it but then I could not decide. Very 60's looking. I think only someone like her could pull it off.

Joan Rivers is going to have a field day with this tonight.

I see Fruitcakes aren't just for Christmas anymore..,from Cathe e-mailing me directly last year telling me not to come to the RT, and then not giving me the courtesy of an answer why I was the only person to receive this e-mail..to people admitting their family hates then..to this Jonezie whack job..fully expecting to see her rolling around on the ground during one of those religious shows..to people whining about a star rating on a FREAKING INTERNET MESSAGE board..I sure hope none of you ever get criticized in reality..

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

I see Fruitcakes aren't just for Christmas anymore..,from Cathe e-mailing me directly last year telling me not to come to the RT, and then not giving me the courtesy of an answer why I was the only person to receive this e-mail..to people admitting their family hates then..to this Jonezie whack job..fully expecting to see her rolling around on the ground during one of those religious shows..to people whining about a star rating on a FREAKING INTERNET MESSAGE board..I sure hope none of you ever get criticized in reality..

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

There is nothing funny about THAT post. I found it to be SICKENING!!!! Blech.

If you can't take a joke, go back to FB Clarissa.

Melissa

Take a joke from who, "Melissa"? From a sick puppy who needs serious help or from someone who has posted on this forum 12 times and obviously has no idea what she is talking about? Um, yeah, ok.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.