How to Purchase STS Tower

The best is worth the wait

I'd wait. For the same money - the Cathe Tower is more versatile.

You can adapt a pull up by sliding under a sturdy dining room table and pulling yourself up to meet it. (crude, I know, but it won't be long and the Cathe Tower will be available...)
or purchase one of those over-the-door bars.
http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_gear/p90x_gear/p90x_chin_up_bar.do
http://www.getirongym.com/Default.asp?tcode=asp3&bhcp=1

Just google chin up bar and you'll find a ton of possibilities....

I'm waiting for the Cathe tower. It is just what I need and I have just the space for it.

anything for the door is not a possibility. i still have my old chin up bar from my old place but these frames aren't sturdy enough for that. i used to also do what amy bento does in APX with the bars across chairs(instead of risers as she does but does show somebody using the chairs) just things are different with the new home. hope they mention SOMETHING soon though. i really like the idea of cathe's b/c of the hooks for chest presses. i had to sell my weight bench when we moved b/c there was just no room for it and would like to have that safer option!

PLZ SNM is there anything that can be mentioned!?

kassia

Last edited:
I'm going to wait for the Cathe's Tower. I already have one of these pullup/dip machines in my basement:

http://www.nextag.com/BODY-SOLID-GVKR82-Deluxe-88184748/prices-html

I use this for my abs (leg raises).Of course I don't have the upper body strength to do a pull up (or a tricept dip on it without assistance, but for a pullup, maybe I can put a sturdy chair under this contraption until Cathe's Tower is available, or do any alternate exercises that may be recommended in the STS materials.

I have also heard of laying a barbell or wooden dowell securely across two sturdy chairs, laying beneath the bar with your chest directly below the bar, placing your
hands on the bar in an overhand grip. Bend your knees and place your feet on the ground.
Then, pulling your chest and torso up toward the bar, and then slowly releasing back down to the start position.

been TRYING to wait patiently for this release. i am do the point where i might buy something similar just so i can do chin ups. http://www.lebertequalizer.com/index.htm but i really want to stay with cathe's product.

kassia

Last edited:
"I have also heard of laying a barbell or wooden dowell securely across two sturdy chairs, laying beneath the bar with your chest directly below the bar, placing your
hands on the bar in an overhand grip. Bend your knees and place your feet on the ground.
Then, pulling your chest and torso up toward the bar, and then slowly releasing back down to the start position.[/QUOTE]"

That's a great idea! I could use my Body Bar, it's padded & i won't have to take the time to remove plates from bb, although it's a little thick (18 lb.er)...I'll have to experiment...

Has anyone thought of the handles of a treadmill? Mine has two additional handles where you are supposed to check your heart rate (not the ones on the side to hold on to, but up front). May be I can sit on the rubber and just grab them from underneath...
Or may be I can use them for tubbing option, instead of making my husband make holes in the wall to attach it? Just slip the tube and use the treadmill as an anchor since its heavy enough..
I have to think about it.

Hi Karen Rose2Boys the Bodybar sounds like a great idea for improvising until the Pullup Tower is available, let me know how it works for you!

"I have also heard of laying a barbell or wooden dowell securely across two sturdy chairs, laying beneath the bar with your chest directly below the bar, placing your
Then, pulling your chest and torso up toward the bar, and then slowly releasing back down to the start position.
"

That's a great idea! I could use my Body Bar, it's padded & i won't have to take the time to remove plates from bb, although it's a little thick (18 lb.er)...I'll have to experiment...[/QUOTE]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.