Happy Labor Day!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Happy Labor Day Everyone! I just wanted to say hello and let you know I was thinking about you :) I hope you are enjoying your family and friends this holiday weekend. Are you doing anything special? We went to the beach today and it was surprisingly not overly crowded. Tomorrow I will have to switch gears and shop for back to school stuff after I get some work done in the office.

Happy Day To All :D

Hey Cathe! We're having a productive weekend here -- getting stuff done around the house inside and out -- it's great! Good luck with the back to school shopping -- my cart was full! Happy Monday....

-Beth

Hey, Cathe & Beth --
My family (DH, twin 15 yr. old DDs & I) did the Nike Human Race 10K tonight in Austin, TX -- over 13000 runners, including Lance Armstrong & Matthew McConaughey. They probably finished before we did. LOL!
Happy Labor Day!

Thank you Cathe, and Happy Labor Day to you!! How nice that you didn't have to fight the crowds at the beach. I only hope and pray you have similar luck when you go shopping -- lol!
7_18_4.gif

I attended a birthday party for my brother today, and DH and I are having a cookout for his parents tomorrow. Oh! And I've been practicing my push ups, too. I want to be ready for STS. A month ago I could only do 2 on my toes, and I'm up to 46 now, but not consecutively. But still -- I'm pretty happy with my progress. :)

Kristi, congratulations on your race!!

Last edited:
Very nice Kristi !! Did you ever get to see Matthew or Lance?
A day at the beach sounds wonderful Cathe. Sorry to hear about the school shopping today. Not something I look forward to doing myself.
We had a very nice family cookout yesterday after my husband & youngest son got baptized in the morning. An amzing day!!
Our kids start school here in upstate New York on Wed, back to the ole grind I guess. Our 13 yr old will be playing modified soccer, so we're excited to get back into that.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!

Funny about Last year's Labor Day :)

Hi there Cathe,

Happy Labor Day to you as well. Tho' we don't celebrate this holiday, this time last year we were all on pins and needles cuz my sister went into REAL labor with my niece!! Her b-day is on Sept 3rd. I'm a little sad I won't be with her this year as I've just moved cities and am trying to settle into a new job. But how about you send her a happy birthday wish as well, just as some icing on her cake?? Thanks!!

Hugs,
Shelby

Happy Labor Day to you and the Cathe.com crew. :)

Wild woman that I am, I think I'm doing a little quilting and crocheting today.

Happy Labor Day Everyone! I just wanted to say hello and let you know I was thinking about you :) I hope you are enjoying your family and friends this holiday weekend. Are you doing anything special? We went to the beach today and it was surprisingly not overly crowded. Tomorrow I will have to switch gears and shop for back to school stuff after I get some work done in the office.

Happy Day To All :D

Why the big hurry to get back to school stuff, Cathe???......;)

Hope you enjoyed the beach. we've had the benefit of great weather most of the summer, which makes for happy guests, and therefore, happy hotel employees!!

Hi Cathe~
I hope you had a wonderful weekend too! Back to school shopping is so different for me now with DS a sophmore in college and DD a senior is high school. No more crayons, glue sticks, rulers, scissors, markers etc.... just notebooks, folders and pens;) Happy shopping!

JJ

Back to school?

My kids have been in school for three weeks now! This long weekend gives us a much-needed break from the stress of switching from vacation mode to school mode.

Yes, we start back early, but we do get out in May, so that helps!

We had a pool party and cookout, played golf (the whole family -- that's always interesting!), and cleaned the house.

Enough fun to seem like it was a holiday, and enough work to keep from feeling like a slug!

And of course I worked out: KPC, Drill Max, and Imax 2!

--Kathryn

I'm glad you got to take a break at the beach today -- I wondered if that's where you might be!

We definitely labored on Labor Day. Since Friday we have been putting down pavers to create some patio areas, and placing river rock to help alleviate a drainage problem we have. So, no formal workouts for me the past few days, but plenty of functional fitness!

I've been very tired at the end of the hot, humid days (monsoon season in southern Arizona is not the best time to do this type of work!), but grateful that my fitness level enabled me to put in the hard work.

A day at the beach

So glad you were able to enjoy a day at the beach. Fun in the sun.
Catchin some rays.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Sure I'd love to Shelby! Happy Birthday to Shelby's special friend. I hope you have/had a wonderful day :D

"But how about you send her a happy birthday wish as well, just as some icing on her cake?? Thanks!! "

How fun to read this

Wow, thanks for all of those fun replies. I enjoyed hearing about your weekend. Have a great rest of the week :)

Sure I'd love to Shelby! Happy Birthday to Shelby's special friend. I hope you have/had a wonderful day :D

"But how about you send her a happy birthday wish as well, just as some icing on her cake?? Thanks!! "
Hi Cathe, Thanks so much.

You'll be glad to know I FULLY intend to expose my niece, Sanne, to the Cathe Nation as soon as she's out of diapers. Never too early to start, ya know. Now, if only we can get her to eat without throwing her food around :) : o)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.