XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Burn sets CBS and Bi's and Tri's -- I took an extra rest day last week.

OMgosh! I went heavy! I knew I was in trouble when I didn't have the strength to push my disc back into the plastic spindle. I can hardly type.
applause.gif

But it's the good sore! :rolleyes: Burn Sets is an impressive workout, isn't it? Cathe really makes you challenge yourself. I impressed myself when doing those workouts!

oh my gosh am is *sore* today!! my chest and back have serious DOMS, and so does the rest of my upper body, it seems. guess those burn sets and hard strikes yesterday really got me:eek:

today was cardio leg blast and i added the 100 hip thrusts. i am guessing that my whole body will be sore tomorrow! i made it through without any complaining from my hip flexor or tendonitis, which i am so grateful for:)

tomorrow is burn sets bis and tris. i am with many of you and thinking i would like to add a little cardio, so my try some of tabatacize. that is if i can move tomorrow!;)

Hello Everyone,
Well, we are all kicking and taking this rotation! Congrats to those of you who are going heavier than Cathe, Jann, buneknek, and those who are going as heavy as *you* can make it. I did Cardio Legs today which was off to a slow start, but I got my mojo going about 15 minutes in to it. I did not sleep well last night and so I was tired today, but I just powered through. Instead of Core #2 I did the hip thrusts. I think I made it to 75 or so. The barbell was digging in to my hip bones and I just got really tired of that. I will get one of those barbell pads and try again. I could definitely feel it in my glutes. Not expecting to be sore tomorrow in my legs, but some sore glutes are a possibility.

For those of you who feel like adding on more cardio, I can relate. I am pretty much doing the rotation as advised, but on the Hard Stikes days I have been adding more cardio, either the tabatas, which are an extra 12 minutes, or a round from To The Max or CrossFire. My basic goal is to burn 500 calories on cardio days, so I add on until I get to that number.

I also did some of the scarecrows, but I really needed to start dinner, so I only did a few, I was mostly curious about them since I did not know what they were

Katied, I hope Bugsy was feeling better today. :)

Renee, did you get your yoga in yesterday? (or today?)

Eva

Eva, I fold my mat & use it as a padding for my barbell so it's not digging on my hips. I would like to get a BB pad eventually. I'm going to cardio leg blast + 100 hip thrust.

Does anybody know how much Amanda was using in 100 challenge?

thanks for asking, eva! bugsy actually got up this morning with no whimpering: yay! i have only given him one pain med today and he seems to be doing fine. i am so grateful, as i just hate to see him in pain. he still looks at me as though i am punishing him, tho, as i am keeping him quiet and have hidden away all of his toys.

i am curious what weight amanda uses for the 100 hip thrusts as well. also, did anyone's neck start to bug them on these? i made it through the 100, but had to stretch my neck between sets.

Eva, I fold my mat & use it as a padding for my barbell so it's not digging on my hips. I would like to get a BB pad eventually. I'm going to cardio leg blast + 100 hip thrust.

Does anybody know how much Amanda was using in 100 challenge?

I will try the mat trick next time. I used a blanket but that did not do the trick.

I think that Amanda was using 40#? I think there were 2 10# plates loaded on each side, but I'm not 100% sure. I personally used 20 this time around, but will definitely work up to more over the next 9 weeks.

katied, I'm glad to hear that Bugsy was doing better today! It is a bummer that we cannot communicate with them more effectively. But, hopefully he knows whatever is happening, it's for his own good.;)

Today was Cardio Legs for me and I kinda impressed myself. Last week I took about 6 breaks to breath and this week it was only 3! Yay, progress!

I'm moving my lifting days a little because i spent yesterday driving and I thought my husband might like to work out with me on Saturday. He got jealous when he came home and saw I was lifting without him last Sunday.

Is anyone making progress on their weightloss goals? I'm down 4 pounds!

Today was Cardio Legs for me and I kinda impressed myself. Last week I took about 6 breaks to breath and this week it was only 3! Yay, progress!

I'm moving my lifting days a little because i spent yesterday driving and I thought my husband might like to work out with me on Saturday. He got jealous when he came home and saw I was lifting without him last Sunday.

Is anyone making progress on their weightloss goals? I'm down 4 pounds!

Congratulations on your progress! It's so much more motivating when you see a payoff! Keep up the awesomeness! :0)

Finished week one of the 90 day undulating, a wow am I glad for the rest day! Not sure if I like doing the Legs one day and the next day Hiit, my legs wouldn't listen to my brain and just wouldn't move as they were sore. I have lost one pound in my first week, YAY! Looking forward to week 2 and Burn sets!

today was burn sets bis and tris. i added in the tricep 100 rep challenge-- which was super tough after the burn sets! i also did tababacize rounds 1-3 plus core #1. what a workout! love tabatacize:).

rainaries-- congrats on finishing out week 1!! it feels good to be in week 2, though i am not looking forward to that loooong legs workout tomorrow:eek:

dustbunny 2-- way to go!!

eva-- yes, i wish i could let bugsy know that i am only doing what's best for him. he still seems even better today-- so happy and grateful for that.

hope everyone is having a good day! it actually is making it into the 20's here today, which makes everything seem so much better:). heard we are in for a deep freeze next week, though-- at least i can be inside xtraining!

Count me in!

This is my first post and my first rotation. Second day into it. I think I am going to like it. I am 61 years old, feel like 40, and need to lose the 10 lbs I gained back last year. More important, I want to keep up it off after I lose it. Cardio legs was great! I don't know about you, but I am older not old and intend to get in the best shape ever. I am so excited about this program!

Cardio leg blast done for me. I love that wo but i was dreading it today because i been feeling sick kinda but i pushed it out! I feel so much better!
I will post more when i can get to computer! Im on phone. I wanted to comment on some of ur posts. Someone lost 4 pounds already! Thats awesome!

Greetings,
I did not workout today because I seriously hurt my foot last night and decided to stay off of it. Will be back on track tomorrow with chest, back and shoulders. Even if my foot is not 100%, most of that workout can be done sitting, so I'm going to persevere. I probably would have worked out today, but I got an earful from my sweetie pie.

Janetm41, welcome to the group! We look forward to charting our progress with you.

Raineries, welcome and congrats on the loss. 1# is awesome!!

Dustbunny2, congrats to you too! 4# is awesome!!

Renee, your today was my yesterday. I did not want to work out but I felt like a rockstar when I pushed through. You were a rockstar today!:)

Eva

Just finished Low Impact HIIT. Wowee, my legs are burning, who thought to put HIIT a day after the 80 minute leg workout?!

Another thought, for those who aren't quite impressed with this workout as a cardio workout, perhaps instead of doing low impact, some of the exercises could be done "normally" like the mountain climbers and jumping jacks, to add a bit more intensity to the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.