XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Hello Everyone,
This is just a quick post to answer Renee's question, since the Deal of the Day is time sensitive...

I did STS, and I loved it. You are not working one body part per se as Cathe groups them, like chest and back, or bis and tris and shoulders. Lower body is always on it's own. You do two upper body and one lower body workout per week. Each workout is about an hour long, so it's a time commitment, but somehow it's not boring. There are also separate ab workouts for about 20 minutes that you're supposed to add on in addition to the weight work, so that can bring some days up to 80-90 minutes or so. Or, you can add them on to a shorter cardio day.

I was not much of a lifter before I did STS, but I decided to take the plunge last year and I am glad I did. I definitely got stronger and put on some muscle. Now, for me I got a little bulky in the arms, which I have mixed feelings about, but it was definitely muscle and STS changed my body in that regard. I looked better at the end than when I started. I did not lose any weight or shrink any pants sizes, although a lot of ladies do. I just toned up what I had.

I loved STS and I am sure I will do it again one day. I had a feeling of accomplishment when I finished that program that I've never experienced before from a fitness project, including finishing Insanity.

Melissa, good luck on your errands. ;)

Katie, I hope you're curled up resting somewhere. :p

Renee, I cannot offer any advice to you as I have never been in your situation. I would just follow your doctor's advice, whatever that was. I am glad you're able to take your pain meds now.

If you want to embark on a serious lifting program, then STS is a great investment that will deliver. If not, then just keep doing the other weight workouts that Cathe has. They all work and will make you fitter and stronger. STS is just the mother of all of her weight workouts. :eek:

Good morning!

Yesterday I did a mashup of workouts. I started Tonique Born to Move, but after about 15 minutes the plumber came...talk about saved by the bell. That workout is hard and that was just about the time the torment begins. Then he finally left, and I ate lunch and did Tonique Disk 2. It's your usual squat and lunge fest, but my first time through that particular version of it. I then tacked on the Intensity bootcamp and tacked on abs from BM2. I worked out for about 90 minutes and burned over 700 calories.

Now I'm up early and getting ready to go to a kettlebell class at 8. I may do another workout later today, but we'll see.

Eva

Eval You are a machine! I don't know how you do it!

I hope all who are sick are better or getting better! I fear I might be getting a cold, I'm not getting much sleep with Little K waking me up in the middle of the night and then waking up for good between 5-6. It doesn't help that I've been going to bed after midnight! :(

I did Supercuts all the way through yesterday morning! This morning I'm going to try to do as much of BM2 as I can and finish it tomorrow (hopefully but unlikely). Hubby took the 3 older boys to CDog9's baseball game and I have to get out to B's game by 11. So I only have 2 hours to workout, shower, prep Little K, pick up B from CDog's game. It is B's last game. CDog has a double header (9and3) and JTrain's game is at 3:30, but those boys have playoffs next week. So I will be only going to 1 game today so I can workout, nap and do food shopping. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay cool! It's already 89º here in Philly 'burbs and going up to 89º and muggy!

Last Lep I hope u are not getting sick! Good job on super cuts !
I was feeling better this morn wo my pain meds but pain came back so I just took one. I still have NOT past this stone! I was 18 and past one in two days maybe day and a half but this is nuts! I feel sore all over!! Maybe from throwing up the other day? My pelvis is sore to grr
I decided not to get STS yet since I don't want to make a purchase while on meds lol. I actually know I can't afford it yet. It's just deal of day makes it so tempting! I'd live to try it. A diff DVD every time would really keep boredom away! But maybe if it rolls around again.

Ladylep, I hope you're not coming down with something too. :confused: Sending you healing energy and wishes that you are able to fight that cold off. It's hot and muggy down here in DC too. I'm going to try to get some gardening in today, but we'll see how that goes. My SIL gave me some pepper plants last night that I need to put in, and I want to get a couple more tomato plants too.

Renee, good to hear from you. Hopefully this weekend you can say goodbye to that kidney stone. STS was the deal of the day when I bought it, so it will come around again for sure...don't worry about it. It sounds like you have some other new workouts to keep you busy. Sounds like you always like to have some new workouts to do or you'll get bored, like me.

Melissa and Katie, I hope you two are doing better today.

I liked the kettlebell class today. I would say it was medium tough. We did some deep squats with bells that really challenged my quads, some hover pushups and some other moves with a TRX system, which I've never tried but really liked. Then I came home and did 30 minutes of dance cardio with Tracy Anderson, since I try to get at least one long workout in on the weekend. I'm done for the day now, though. That was plenty.

I'm off to shower and make some lunch...

Take care,
Eva

hello girls-- well, I am feeling some better today. still have all kinds of gunk in my head and chest, but the body aches have subsided and I think the fever is finally gone. planning on a tough wo in the morning, so hoping this upward trend continues! today we got some fantastic news that we have been waiting for! alec got his acceptance letter to the u of m for pseo study. he auditioned for the school of music there and was accepted last February, but we were waiting on the university itself (you need to apply to both). anyway, what this means is that he will be taking college classes and having violin and viola lessons at the u of m as a junior in high school next year! such an amazing opportunity-- and two years of college free of charge! not to mention the lessons with the string professor, which run $125/hour! I am beyond thrilled! the other sweet news is that nygel went out to water the hanging plant today and there are five sweet baby birds who have hatched in the nest! guess we will have to leave that plant alone now so the momma can be there with her babies and not stress out over us.

eva-- you are a warrior! way to go on the workouts! enjoy your gardening:)

ladylep-- hope you are not getting sick!! what is the deal with all of us? hope it passes over and you have a good weekend!

renee-- that stone better hurry up already;). hoping you continue to feel better!

Melissa-- hope you are feeling better and having a mellow weekend!

alright, going to wash greens for a big salad for dinner, with kalamata olives to get rid of this mucous!

peace,

katie

Hi Everyone, Katie, What great, exciting news! How nice for Alec and your family. Your kids really have a handle on life at a young age! I am glad you are on the mend.

Renee, Maybe you have passed your stone by now! I hope so.

Eva, You are a machine! Way to go with the tonique and the kettlebell workout. How was the heat there this time?

Ladylep, I hope you are feeling better. Maybe you will get a good nights sleep. Way to go with supercuts. I love that workout, it is energizing.

Today we did a lt of running around as usual. I am still having stomach issues, but now the exact opposite of what I had if you get my drift. Monday I am back at it. I was to start with hiit running, but I think I will do lomax to see if ai still dislike it, it has been years since I did it. I better be back to normal by then. The scale is the same, but my poor stomach is soooo bloated and yucky.

Have a good Sunday.

Melissa

Did Body Max 2 just the first 3 step combos, 37 min. That's all I had time for. I haven't decided if I'm going to split up the rest of the work out into 2, meaning the power circuits, then there were 4 sets of cardio something, cardio blast and leg conditioning. And then maybe on Monday I'll do upper body and abs. I'm not sure. I may not have time to do any tomorrow.

I took a nap with Little K today and am feeling OK. My head just feels like it could become stuffy, know what I mean? Maybe I'll be smart and go to bed soon instead of staying up until midnight again...

Katie I am so happy for Alec that is so rare! You I know are tickled to death!! So glad you are getting some good news your way. I hope you feel better soon

Melissa you too! Sorry u were sick to.
I hope u like low max this time, I like it because of the music, and it was my first Cathe DVD I did it three times a week and a kathy smith old one for two months in2011 I lost 6 pounds lol

Any way no stone yet I am not hurting as bad at all but I can feel it there still. Feels strange. I did do yoga today. No cloths lol! I know tmi but I couldnt tell if I was hot or not, plus I was home alone. Plus I was hoping to make y'all laugh lol
Ok anyway I hope it passes soon! My goodness I have been straining my urine to make sure I pass it but nothing yet. It's frustrating!!! I got to go to work Monday I should be ok but I don't want to drive taking pain pills. Any way I also drank vinegar and water yesterday to to try to get it moving.

Eva u are right I get bored fast!!

Hello All,
Renee, hot naked yoga, huh!?;) That's awesome. Does the vinegar and water do something to help you pass the stone more quickly? Would you be able to go to work while you're dealing with that? I hope Sunday is your lucky day and it passes so that you don't have to deal with this next week.

Ladylep, congrats on getting your workout in today! 37 minutes of Body Max is plenty! I think your plan to break it up into sections would give you three days of good workouts. Hopefully you've turned in early this evening and are getting some rest. It seems that is the best thing we can do sometimes to help fight off a cold. I hope you're feeling 100% tomorrow.

Katie, wow, congratulations to Alec on his acceptance to that program. I would imagine it is relatively uncommon for someone his age to get accepted to the program at the college level. He must be quite the prodigy. You all must be over the moon! That really is so awesome. Amazing. How awesome that you have little birdies in the flower pot. I had a birdy nesting in a container in my garage a few years ago, but I never looked in there to see if there were eggs. I just remember it being startled all the time when I went in and out of the garage. It stayed there for a few months and then moved to a new place. What kind of birds are they?

Melissa, sorry you're still fighting the final strains of your icky cold. Maybe this means you're in the final throes and that you will be back in the saddle next week? I hope so! I look forward to your feedback on that workout, since it is probably my least favorite Cathe workout ever.;) The KB place was still hot today. I actually sent him an email Thursday to ask about the A/C. I did not want to be fussy, but that is just unbearable. He said they have A/C, but for some reason they don't seem to turn it on. I am not going to survive. I liked the class today, as I mentioned, but I did not get a spot near a fan and it was so hot in there. I can workout much harder when I'm not overheating. I don't think I'm going to join that place because I cannot see going there all summer. He did not say anything about the heat being related to any specific methodology...just something about needing to turn it up a little. But, even though it was in the 90s today, apparently that's not hot enough to turn on the A/C. I'm genuinely stumped as to what the heck is up with that.

Anyway, today is my cheat day, so I'm off to eat a slice of coconut cake. YUMMY!

Eva

Greetings,
I hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday. I just finished up my Tracey Mallett Booty Barre workout. This was the first time through for this. I liked this workout. It reminded me of Turbo Barre, as it has some weighted upper body and some cardio blast work to keep you heart rate up. It's also long like TB, clocking in at over 80 minutes. I burned about 500 calories, which is pretty good for a barre workout.

Now I'm off to finish up my rye bread and do some gardening. I'm also going to try to just park it on the couch for a few hours. I could use some down time today.

Take care,
Eva

hi girls--

happy sunday:). had a bit of a rough start over here. got up and came downstairs to workout and had to spend about a half hour cleaning up the lovely messes that henri left me-- seems he had some stomach issues in the night:(:eek:. what a mess! anyway, he seems okay and like whatever was bothering him, he got out of his system. what a way to start the day, though. after cleaning all of that I did CF extreme which was a little rough as I am still coughing out gunk and my sinuses are still draining. anyway, it ended up being okay but the first 15-20 minutes felt pretty rough. my right ankle feels a little funky today, too-- not sure what that is about. on the plus side, the sun is actually shining and I think I will take the dogs for a walk in a few.

thank you for the congrats re:alec! I am beyond thrilled, truly. it will be an amazing opportunity for him and we are all grateful and proud of all his hard work:)

eva-- that seems really strange about the a/c in the studio! is he trying to save on his energy bills? I cannot work out hard in the summer w/o a fan blowing on me. the heat and humidity really zap my energy before I even get started. I wonder what his deal is? the birds in the nest are ruby throated sparrows (so nygel and alec tell me!). really cute little birds! hope you get a few hours on the sofa!!

Melissa-- what a bummer on the stomach issues! hoping today sees a return to normal. I only did lowmax once and I don't know that I cared for it much, either, but I am not a big step person-- at least if the choreography is at all dancy. anyway, will be curious to see how you like it the second time around:D

renee--naked yoga:p;)! I would not want to see how I look for that!! you know, I think there is such a thing, actually! I remember joking about it w/a friend once way back when nygel was just born and she found classes or video on the internet. crazy! not for me, that is for sure:eek:. hope that stone hurries up and passes before you have to go back to work tomorrow-- and I hope it passes w/o a lot of pain!

ladylep-- great job on the bodymax! that wo is very long! it has been a long time since I did that one, but think you are right for splitting it up for the week. hope you got some rest and no cold comes your way.

alright, going out to enjoy some of the sunshine!
blessings,
katie

June Rotation?

Before I ask stuff about the June Rot. I'm thinking we really should change the name. Or is it starting a new thread? But how do we make sure we all get there? I think something with To The Max in the title sounds good. :)

OK, so I'm finished with the April Rotation and I've looked at the June rotation and I have 3-4 of the DVDs for each week. So I think I'll try that and just try to sub something similar for those I don't have. That's where I need help. :) The first workout is Cardio Circuit. So I looked at the circuit workouts and this is what I have from that list:

Imax 2/Cardio & Wts
SJP/Step Blast
Hardcore Extreme
Low Impact Circuit
Drill Max (used another time in the rotation)

But then again, would the power circuits from BM2 fit the bill?

The next ones that I don't have are Pyramid Upper Body and Step Fit. Those are pretty easy to sub out, right? I could do the upper body from BM2 and pick any straight step or other cardio (Tabatacise or HS or whatever). I don't even see a Step Fit... but Pyramid UB is 56 min. long!

No workout in today. But I did walk to the pool pushing the stroller. It's about.4 mi each way. Not much, but Little K has us up a lot last night, didn't go to bed before midnight and he had us up at 2, 4 and pretty much up for good at 5am. :(

Well, everyone seems ro have posted books today. I feel out of the loop

Renee, everyone has already said it, hot, naked, yoga, yowza!!, Three things that I don't like! Maybe your stone has passed! When I had gallbladder type issues, I drank apple cider vinegar. I can't recall that it helped.

Katie, Sorry about Henri, I hope you and he are better now. Your two days off flew by for me!

Eva, 500 calories is great. I don't really keep trak, but will check cathe's workout manager stats. Coconut cake, yummy!!!

Hi Ladylep.

So, we were at a fun grad party today and a birthday dinner for my dad last night, I ate great food and was not sick, however, I have now been backed up for two days. I figure if Renee can talk about naked yoga, i can talk about bowels!

Tomorrow I am doing lomax no matter what! I am trying to psych myself up for it.

Have a good night
Meliss

Melissa yes talk about what ever I do.. of course lol, I am not in pain now but I just haven't past it yet unless it desolves?! I don't know lol I drank some vinegar and water a few times , I wonder if that got rid of it?
I read that on internet and I tried it and I am hoping maybe it just desolved

Katie nice job!! I love to hear music of all kinds

Lady lep I agree we can use to the max it is nice I love the idea

I am now going to eat some more ice cream!! yumm lol

hi girls--

so, I started a new thread! taking it to the max june 2013 thru...

hope that name was what we all decided on? otherwise I am happy to edit/whatever;)

I am sad to say that I think my sore ankle from yesterday is another case of tendonitis coming on:(. had this last winter in my left foot, so that's why I wasn't sure of it this time as it is in my right ankle and higher up-- but the pain last night felt all too familiar. I especially noticed it out walking with the dogs yesterday. anyway, I will be icing and wrapping it today along with only doing weights/upperbody. tomorrow may be the same and I may only be able to do low impact cardio/Hiits for a while. ugh. hate getting older and having flat feet!

thanks for the compliments on alec's video:D. I thought their performance was really fun.

renee-- I had ice cream last night, too:p. vegan vanilla from trader joe's. it was yummy! how are you feeling today? I hope the stone dissolved! wouldn't that be great?

Melissa-- sorry to hear that things have turned the other way for you:rolleyes:. I think anything is fair game on here. I will say I never have that problem and I think it's cause I eat so dang much fiber all the time-- vegan diet and in the warmer months as raw as I can-- that I tend to swing the other way, if you get my drift. anyway, hope you are feeling better! glad you had some fun gatherings-- happy birthday to your dad!

ladylep-- I will have to look at this months rotation, but think I will be subbing all sorts of things if this ankle keeps bugging me:(. hoping you got some sleep last night! I have been up since 3:15, so today is going to be a long one...:(

will try and check in later-- on the new thread!

hugs,
katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.