XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Hi Everyone. Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Eva and Renee-- thanks for asking about Bugsy. he was pretty awful again this morning-- last pain med last night at 10:00 had clearly worn off by 8am. he was whimpering a lot again, but had breakfast and his meds and then goes back to feeling better. i think he thinks i am punishing him by making him stay still:(. wish there was a way of letting him know it's for his own good so that he can heal. hoping tomorrow morning is better than today and he starts feeling better without the meds.

fit44-- it's my rest day too, and i have used the time to take all the christmas decorations and the tree (yes, i know i am pretty slow!) down and clean the house. that kind of felt like a workout, to tell the truth!;) tomorrow is burn set chest, shoulders and back and i think i'll add in the hard strikes cardio since i don't have work.

was planning to take the kids to a movie tonight, but have decided to stay home and keep our dog company, so a quiet night here.

great to hear everyone's updates and progress! yay!:)

Bchgrl40,awh im sorry you arnt liking the wprkouts. I can understand how u feel.. I am one who loves loves step i recently got all of Cathes old dvd for step so i could just have some fun. I guess it is what others call old fashioned but i love it. I was feeling the way u are with low impact series i loved the concept low impact but hated the music... I did and do cardio supersets and athletic ttaining more and yoga more but the afterburn is so hard for me on the.mountain climbers i really dreaded it. But i thought i may be able to handle it better with better music and i can.. But my fav so far is hardstrikes. I havnt done supercuts yet. I think ill like it because it looks like css with great music. With that being said im enjoying this series and im able to stick to it so far, im wanting to lose so i,am actualy experimenting. Do i love it better then steping? Like body max 2 or mega step blast or Imax 2 ? I dont think so , but i love what the series is doing so far. And i dont think, sad to say there will be any step aerobics as we used to love. I think,after this rotation im gonna add a step dvd in on a few of the cardio days. I think that will make it even more fun. Well i hope you find a wo in the set that you will love! Crossing my fingers!

Last edited:
Finished Cardio Leg Blast a couple hours ago! Holy moly I was a big sweaty mess! I also did some intervals this morning which included a lot of jumping and leg work so my legs were really feeling the blasts! Totally awesome!

Amanda

I do love cardio leg blast, i think my fav so far is hardstrikes n cardio leg blast.

Eva 475 calories that is not bad at all!
So today i did hardstrikes, i did adf on one tabata and a half haha .. The firstt time i did hardstrikes i had to take a couple breathes walking in place a few sec. Second time i did it i modified hoping on one leg with just jogging and i had to stop a few seconds only one time this time i NEVER had to pause at all and decded to add a tabata heavy bag i used my military duffle bag full of military cloths lol it worked ok i had to keep moving it up. I was gonna use DH but his is still in the van. Anyway low impact hiit tomorrow. I ate a biscuit with egg and cheese on it from bojangles. Yah i know not good. But we were all out and that was the healthest on that menu ? I may do a double shot of HIIT tomorrow. Humm

Yes you're right. I think it's a combination of not being at the fitness level I would like to be at to make such workouts enjoyable and not just agonizing

Oops accidentally hit send before I was finished. Anyway the second component is my exercise ADD. I need to suck it up and do stick to one thing for 12 weeks. This will probably be harder for me than anything else!

Just finished Hard Strikes. I'm a sweaty mess, but actually considered it a break from the weight bearing workouts. I also love boxing/kickboxing so it was a lot of fun. Heading into day four tomorrow!

Oops accidentally hit send before I was finished. Anyway the second component is my exercise ADD. I need to suck it up and do stick to one thing for 12 weeks. This will probably be harder for me than anything else!

Bchgrl40--

I also have "exercise ADD!" It's so hard for me to continue with routines, especially when I hit a plateau or get burned out. I always start out determined, but typically after the first month, I feel like I need to move on. Perhaps we could motivate each other to keep on it and persist beyond our breaking point!

I wonder how my legs would be tomorrow after doing legs & rear deltoid & low impact HiiT! Yes I did 2 DVD workouts with 2 hr break in between.

Rest day! Yayyyyy! I work Sundays 8-4 so this day works perfectly for me. I used to workout around 9 when I was a stay at home mom, now I workout around 3 since I work 5-1. Still no doms :(

Today is my rest day before starting week three and I did Yoga Max from LIS. I have never done this workout; I'm not a big fan of yoga and find it boring, but I'm glad I did this today. I was very tight and it really loosened up my muscles. I'll try to make this a routine rest day activity as I go through this series.

Renee, congrats on improving your performance in Hard Strikes!! And, pushing on to do the tabatas is awesome!

bchgrl40, I used to feel the same way about rotations, but once I started doing them, I got hooked. Cathe does a pretty good day of keeping the variety high. That said, I did find that the LIS got old quickly after doing that rotation. I think I did those for 12 weeks and I can hardly stand those anymore for some reason. I do not feel that way about STS, in fact I look forward to it. We'll see how the XTrain rotation hangs in there. Maybe you could just do the 30 day rotation and see how that goes. If you like it still, then push through and do another 30. If you don't then pick another rotation or go back to doing your own thing.

Hope you are all having a peaceful Sunday.

Eva

First week completed yesterday with all out HiiT. Some observations after the first week:

*Cardio Leg Blast produced almost three days of DOMS. When I did Legs on Friday I was still slightly sore from it.

*I was not very sore after Legs, although I found it to be difficult. I think because I was still sore from Leg Blast, and not knowing what to expect from the 80 minute long workout, I didn't give it everything I could have. And weighted pizza lifts?? Uh, no. Not with weight. Think I only did half the reps with NO weights by the time I got to that.

*nice DOMS from Chest/Back/Shoulders, not as much from Bi's and Tri's, even though i was pushing to failure. Interesting.

*was very sore from the first bonus core workout after bi's and tri's. So sore, in fact, when i did the core segment after HiiT yesterday, it was a pathetic showing.

I'm anxious to get to Supercuts and Tabatacise, but I'm going to be patient and continue to follow the program as it's laid out. I just started doing rotations this year, and I love not having to think about what workout to do on a certain day. And also nice to mentally prepare the day before for what kind of workout I need to do the next day. Looking forward to next week!

hi everyone! happy sunday! started week 2 rotation today. did hard strikes with no conditioning plus burn sets chest, back and shoulders and then added in core #1. hard strikes was fun and my hip flexor and tendonitis seem to have not been worsened by it-- so happy about that!:)

bugsy woke this morning with a little bit of whimpering, but not like yesterday, so am hoping he is on the mend!

i have been noticing DOMS in varying degrees almost everyday. today my forearms are feeling especially sore-- not sure if that is from this morning or from super cuts on friday?

tomorrow is cardio leg blast which i think i am looking forward to more than when it's time to do the legs 80 minute premix again. ouch.

hope everyone is having a good end of the weekend! it is sooo cold here today. i think the high is around 5. glad we spent the night in last night. wish i had no where to go to today, but i have to run my daughter to two different string trio rehearsals. oh well.

happy xtraining!

Jann nice job, i too had low impact HIIT on sceduale.

Katied,- have fun with Cardio leg blast ..i love that one.

Eva- i really need to do yoga tonight. I have my rest day tomorrow and do not want to do anything except rest and go to work. But i know i need to do the yoga. So before bed i think.

Jbmckinny,-congrates on week one! Love hearing what everyone is feeling eek. Lol.
Rest now!

Last edited:
Does anyone drink a protein shake after these workouts? And if you do, do you drink them after all the workouts, cardio included, or only the weight lifting ones?

Thanks!

Renee-- i like it, too! just hoping i take it easy on my hip flexor this time-- that is what i strained it in last week. think it's from me compensating for the tendonitis in my right foot. what a joy it is getting older!;)

amcad-- i always work out in the mornings before breakfast and i always have a smoothie with protein powder when i am finished. i am vegan, so the mornings are when i bulk up on my plant proteins. i always look forward to it after an intense workout-- either weights or cardio or both.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.