XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Check in

Today was Supercuts Premix 2 (with Bonus Core #2). I LOVED IT! I think it might be my new favorite workout. Cathe has really outdone herself!

It's not on the schedule for me, but I'm doing Super Cuts this morning. I can't wait any longer...I must try it!

bchgrl40, yes, sweet potatoes are Paleo. I meant to say that I added more to diet to get my carb count up.:) With raising my carb count, I have lowered my fat intake a bit. I've been reading a lot of info on the bodybuilding forum and one of the trainers said it is dangerous for a woman to go below 45grams of fat per day, anything lower you are risking hormone imbalance. At my age, that's the last thing I need!! Food for thought.:)

Another post on the BB forum stuck with me...if you try to lose fat too fast, you will lose muscle, and if you try to bulk too fast, you will gain too much fat. Take away for me was lose fat and gain muscle slowly. I must keep reminding myself it's a marathon, not a race.:cool:

I saw this cartoon this morning and had to share.:) I love this photo and message!!

545299_458850514178480_682567455_n_zps91cd3378.jpg

It's not on the schedule for me, but I'm doing Super Cuts this morning. I can't wait any longer...I must try it!

I
545299_458850514178480_682567455_n_zps91cd3378.jpg

I couldn't wait any longer either--for Supercuts or Tabatacise! So I subbed them for All Out and Hard Strikes this week. And I'm glad I did--they were both awesome! You'll love Supercuts.

I ran 6miles on my TM instead of today's schedule w/o. I'm debating if I should do legs tomorrow or supercuts. Hmm decision, decision

Jen that is awesome on 3 pounds! I am afraid to get on scale. I feel heavier but harder. Lol i didnt weigh before i started but i have my weight a few weeks before but i kept thinking i was probly heavier and just felt if i get on scale an gained one more pound id likly give up. Sooo i do have measurements as well that is more accurate.
I did burn sets bi n tri loved it! Straight forward no nonsense stuff. Im sore alittle today. I thought id b more sore hum. Well any way my chest is still feeling three days ago. Today is the legs dvd 80 minutes long. I couldnt do all reps last time but my goal is to do as many of each i can getting closer each workout to last each exercise. Ouch.
Fit44 so funny i want to try supercuts to! Also i see i had two days of weights no cardio... Im a cardio junky i wanted to jog some to make up for it but, not sure i can after legs

Last edited:
I just finished doing Legs and did a little better than I did last week, so I'm happy about that. The killers for me on this workout are low pulse lunges (ouch!) and the pizza presses. I also did much better on the hamstring exercises. I was determined to work as hard as I could today, and I think that made a big difference for me. I also did the rear delts workout.

Enjoy your workouts today!
Eva

Last edited:
Wow. that leg workout is killer if you ask me! In a totally different way than a heavy weight leg workout. I'm not sure how i feel about 12 weeks without any heavy leg work. I might have to evaluate my results midway through and see if i need to add some in. If I'm not sore from this workout I dont know what will give me doms! I took breaks between each section to give the poor tree trunks a break. So far this week I've lost 5 lbs! Yay me! Tomorrow I will do tape measurements too and Monday I get my bodyfat done again. So far so good!

finally checking in.

what a day! got up and called our boston terrier to come downstairs and go outside, and he was limping and yelping:(. turns out he pulled a muscle in his back and has been miserable and had to be kept quiet the whole day. the muscle relaxers and pain meds seem to be making him feel better *finally*, but now the challenge is to keep him still while he heals. :confused:

i did get my workout in, but not hard strikes. decided on super cuts-- i did the extreme version plus core #1 and 100 tricep challenge. sweat a ton! anyway, was happy i got that in with all the goings on today.

hope everyone has a great weekend! tomorrow is my rest day, and i am looking forward to it. think i will try and pick up hard strikes on sunday in addition to my chest, back, shoulder burn sets.. hoping so, anyway.

Finished Cardio Leg Blast a couple hours ago! Holy moly I was a big sweaty mess! I also did some intervals this morning which included a lot of jumping and leg work so my legs were really feeling the blasts! Totally awesome!

Amanda

Amanda you did intervals AND cardio leg blast? Ouch!
Eva i think the barre work is the hardest for me, i hardly lift my leg to feel it.. Lol

Bchgrl, u r funny! I ope ur tree trunks feel better soon! I know what u mean!

Katied hey that is wondercul u got ur workout in with that going on. I love animals! Prayers for the little thing. Thats terrible!
Well everyone im so tired tomorrow is hardstrikes... Im thinking i may use DH military duffle bag for a pouching bag and add on the tabata as well!

The barre part is super for me too. I have no idea how they lift their legs so high. Mine are half that height and I'm practically in tears cursing at the tv.

The barre part is super for me too. I have no idea how they lift their legs so high. Mine are half that height and I'm practically in tears cursing at the tv.

Lmbo yes! Im gllad she gave me permission to go only as high as where u feel it. I was really thinking the reason i cant lift so high is because my tree trunks are chunky tree trunks . And laugh so much thinking how funny i look doing it.

5th day done

Checking in with Legs-premix 3.
wow!!!!!! all most swore a couple of times:eek:
This is a really great series!!!!!

Finished Week 2

Today was Legs premix 3 + 100 Rep Challenge hip thrusts and I also added on some sets of heavy squats. My husband got me a squat rack/bench press rack + a bench for Christmas so that I could finally do "real" squats (and bench press heavier). So I am using it! In the past, I could only lift as much as I could get over my head on a barbell--which was about 50 pounds. This morning I squatted 100 pounds! I LOVE it!

I actually wanted for STS, but I'm not waiting until April (when I plan to do STS) to use it!

I start week 3 on Monday--I think I'll do some Yoga Relax tomorrow.

Today is my rest day and I'm taking it.:D

I wanted to post this to bchgrl40. I thought of you in the grocery store this morning when buying carton egg whites.:D
I use whole eggs for cooked recipes, but for this chocolate snack I use carton egg whites because they are pasteurized and safe eating raw.

Here is a low cal/ high protein chocolate snack I eat when I need a chocolate fix. :D Natalie uses cinnamon, I don't. I do plain chocolate. You can add nut butter of your choice if you need to increase your daily fat grams.

Frozen Egg White Dessert

Greetings,
Welcome, Roselyn, to the XTrain check in! Looks like you and I are on the same schedule.

I finished Week 2 today with Low Impact HIIT and I added on the core and the burn set for shoulders. I think that bought my workout to almost 60 minutes, and I burned 475 calories. This week has been very challenging and I am enjoying the workouts tremendously. I have not looked ahead to week three yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I have not touched Supercuts yet, even though I'm curious about it, so maybe that's on the schedule soon?

katied - I am sorry to hear about your doggie.:( I hope he is feeling better today. Poor little guy.

Renee - the barre work is tough. My goal is to do a better job of tightening my muscles for the leg lift. The barre work in Turbo barre is a little less horrible for me because she alternates side to side. This one is harder, and more annoying for me because she works one side to death, and then works the other side to death. It's sheer willpower and my ornery nature that get me through that section. I hate it!

Jengolf, I like the idea of yoga tomorrow too. I am going to try to squeeze that in. I said that last week but did not get around to it.

Eva

fit44, you must be talking about natalie hodson? I"ve met her and she's sweet as can be and just gorgeous! I've seen that dessert before. I'll have to give it a try!

I have to be honest and say I"m not enamored of these workouts. The whole time today doing the All Out HIIT I considered switching to STS for my challenge. I just havent been happy with cathe's cardio since she got away from 1 hr long step stuff like I guess. This metabolic, burpee (I know they arent in this workout) crossfitty stuff just isnt my thing. Id rather do HIIT on a treadmill, spin, or do Imax 2. Not sure what I'll do. Going to contemplate this thought on my day off tomorrow. Also the lack of DOMS distresses me. The core workouts are not great either. In fact, I really dislike them and probably will replace them with something else.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.