Suggestions? - Upper Body Split

My vote:
Full pyramid (or that interesting-sounding Body for Life that pyramids up then changes) but the full pyramid gives you a warm up set, a heavy set, and an ending set for maximum volume which I would love.

Slower than PS

60 minutes- fits my time slot

Thanks for core work too!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 11:33PM (Est)[/font][p]-I agree with everyone that it should be slow enough to use heavy weights.

-Please, please, please include some rotator cuff exercises like you did in S&H.

-I would like extra focus on the upper back muscles and less on the chest muscles (or at least equal amounts of each). S&H felt too chest-heavy to me. As much as I love straight-leg deadlifts, I would prefer that they be included in the lower body split, not as a back exercise.

-I'd like the core work to *not* include crunches. I'd love to see some Swiss ball or medicine ball exercises.

-I would prefer closer to 60 minutes but I'll buy it no matter what.:)

Tonya

I think I would actually vote for a longer (60 min.) video rather than shorter, only because my first thought was that it might be tough to really work all of the different upper body muscles hard with heavy weights in only 45 minutes..Maybe the video could be formatted so that it could be split up, for time pressed days? But what do I know - and no matter what you decide I'm sure it will be terrific. I know I'll have my credit card ready and waiting! "Just a suggestion - take it or leave it,right?" Thanks!!

60 min of pyramid up, down or side to side - just kidding. One thing I would really like to see is rotator cuff exercises. This area is ignored almost all strength videos and since I have had shoulder problems off and on I would really like to see these since if they are not in a video I forget to do them. Also would like forearm and wrist exercises. OK, OK - I know we're headed toward 90 min now.

I vote for 60 minutes. As Clare (I think) mentioned, I want all the bases to be covered. ;-) Besides, on DVD it's easy to shorten the workout, if need be. I know...not everyone has DVD, but Cathe is giving you six more great reasons to get a DVD player! ;-)

I'd like it to be 60 minutes too. If you are going to work the entire upper body plus abs and core work, 60 minutes seems reasonable. Just put the abs at the end. That way those who want a 45 minute workout can skip the abs.

I have no thoughts about the pyramid since I am not familiar with that system. I also would like the 2-2 count. Slower than PS and faster than S&H. Thanks!

Please make the speed a little slower than PS, with 45 seconds to 1 minute rests. This way, we can really increase the weights. You are making other videos that will be for muscle endurance, so it would be great to keep this as an intense strength workout.

Sharon.

Another vote for a nice and slow rep speed.
(Okay, so I posted earlier, and just voted twice!)
Sharon.

I'd like a full 45 minutes for upper body, with abs tacked on at the end (not an overly long set for abs, just short - but tough!). I'd like the weight to pyramid up. I'm also interested in the Body for Life style, but either way, I will love it!

Also, a bit slower tempo than PS so we can really heavy up!

Me Too!! Slow rep speed between S & H and PS, 60 minutes for length. Those who want to "shorten" on time can omit the last set of each exercise.

PLEASE, PLEASE consider doing abs on an incline/decline on the step, just to increase intensity there.

Thanks so much for listening

A similar suggestion has been made by Susan in the Ask Cathe section, but I would like to put it here too. I would like to see men in the weights videos, as I think my partner would get intersted in joining in. At the moment, he thinks that my Cathe videos are just for women!

Sharon.

Sounds great however you do it. But it would be nice to have something quicker than S&H and slower than PS (as others have mentioned)... I vote for 60 minutes. I don't know anything about pyramiding. Thanks!

I too would love to go as heavy as possible with this routine.

I really like the pyramid DOWN approach with a 2-2 count and up to a minute rest between sets.

60 Minutes!

Also, please add men in the strength training videos...I am trying to convince my hubby to workout...seeing those tough men would help lots. :)

And, like Amadeus suggested, doing core work/crunches in an incline on the step is an awesome idea! It would be refreshing to do that. Please consider it.

Blessings from Our Home to Yours, Runathon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.