Suggestions? - Upper Body Split

SNM Videos

Administrator
I have posted a format for Upper Body Split (1 of 6 new videos I'm working on) below and I would greatly appreciate if you would contribute your thoughts as to whether it sounds good as is or if you would rather see it changed somehow.:)

Warmly,

Cathe Friedrich

Upper Body Split....The length of this workout can vary as it developes. My thoughts are to keep it in the 45 to 60 minute category. It will consist of a warm up and upper body exercises using the pyramid approach. I have not decided upon using a full pyramid, or pyramid up only, or pyramid down only approach. The exercises will be based on a super set method and start with the larger muscle groups first followed by the smaller muscle groups. The workout will finish with focus on abs and core training plus a concluding stretch.

I really love the format with the supersets! The only suggestion I have is to make the reps slow. Not as slow as Slow and Heavy, of course, but slower than in Pure Strength so we could really add weights as we go along. There are about a billion tapes with lightning fast reps, and you seem to be the only one who makes tapes with reps at normal, safe speeds. Thanks Cathe!

I love the pyramid approach. I feel I get the best results from the full pyramid; it also feels most comfortable and complete to me. However you structure it, I am sure it will be a fantastic workout! Can't wait!
Abbe

I like the idea of a 45-minute length for the upper body tape using the full pyramid and at the same pace/speed as your Pure Strength series.

I have no experience with full or part pyramid training, so I can't comment on that - except to say that I'm looking forward to trying it! I do prefer 45 minutes over 60 if possible, and would like slooowww repetitions.

I'm going to put my vote in for 45 minutes. Then it can be done with either the standing or floor portion of the lower body split for a total body day.

I vote for 60 minutes, pyramiding the wt up, and slow reps no faster than a 2/2. I find that speed the most effective. I also like the feeling of control at that speed. Thanks so much for asking. You are the best!

BFL style?

I like the Body For Life style- don't know if it has a certain name as far as weight lifting style is concerned?? Where you pyramid up with one exercise, then hit the muscle quickly with a fast one-two punch of that same exercise with a smaller weight and another completely different exercise?

Of course, I also like a full pyramid, at a little slower pace then PS, but not as slow as S&H.

60 minutes all the way! I want all the bases covered!

Cathe
Pyramid down (get the hard one out of the way first);
Please, please, please slower rep count. PS speed feels so fast after Slow & Heavy. Maybe a compromise and do a two up, two down count to please everyone? That way people don't have to worry about concentrating like slow/heavy but can still eliminate the momentum & go heavier.
Thanks, Suzanne

PS---more dumbbell pullovers like in Slow Heavy. I loooove those and boy, they have given me some great muscles in my upper back.

hi
60 minutes please-slower reps and awesome music.I am not to familiar with the pyramid approach so whatever you chose will be good.
Ki

60 minutes, please. I just love waking up to your workouts in the morning. They really get me through the day! Eerything else sounds great! ;-)

Hi,
Can you make it so we can use it for Body for Life? I think it pyramids the weights up as the reps decreases. I remember it being quite a good program but dull to do in the gym setting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.