Suggestions? - Upper Body Split

Full pyramid, 60 minutes, slow enough to really go heavy and work to failure.

Looking forward to the pain!
Colia

I agree with Colia: Full pyramid and 60 minutes and slow enough to go heavy. I love the idea of Upper and Lower body splits!

Caroline :)

I don't specifically have a comment about content for the new videos, but I would really like to see you make available each tape separately, rather than selling them as a set (i.e., Slow and Heavy and CTX). I LOVE your strength tapes, but am not interested in step.
Thanks for your great tapes and the motivation that you provide,
mac

Cathe, I'm really looking forward to your new tapes!

My suggestions concur with many already received.

- make the reps slow, at least 2-2 count, slower than PS
with 45 seconds to 1 minute rests

- 60-minute length, but a 45 minute end-mark before abs/core would be great

- full pyramid, Body for Life format sounds interesting

- rotator cuff exercises, stretches and exercises for any other neglected areas

- make ab/core work with more intense, few reps, long holds, weights or decline bench to increase effort

Thank you! Desie

I have been waiting for your to make a video using the pyramid system. Thankyou sooo much!!! Please make it 60 minutes and it would be awesome if you could use the full pyramid system which is pretty brutal:
12 reps lighter weight
10 reps medium weight
8 reps heavy weight
10 reps medium weight
12 reps lighter weight
and rest ONLY after the entire pyramid system is completed. If you go slow, this would make is easier to go heavy and not have to take rests.

And for example, for triceps, you would superset 2 of the same exercises so you would do:
12 reps french press and then 12 reps kickbacks and then do the entire pyramid system. then move on to 2 more tricep supersetslying tricep kicbacks and pullies or lying down one arm extensions. Overall, please go slow but not as slow as Slow and Heavy and please make the rests shorter.

if you choose NOT to use the FULL pyramid system, you could do the modified pyramid system:
12 reps lighter weight
10 reps medium weigh
8 reps heavy
and still use the superset 2 of the same muscle groups.

Thanks Cathe!

Mandy

60 minutes -- abs included -- and a nice slow stretch at the end!

Very anxious to try out the Pyramid system Cathe-style!

I like it when you mention the specific weight amount you are using before the next segment. And I love using the barbell. -- Renee

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 06:24PM (Est)[/font][p]In CTX's back work, you do 20#, then 15#, then 10#. I like this better than doing one set of 16 reps, then one set of 8 reps using the same weight. Will it be strength or endurance or a combo of both? Something like CTX would be great, high reps and lighter weights but still tough! I also think that no less than 10 min. should be devoted to each body part. Thanks! Cathe, you rule by the way!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 01:14PM (Est)[/font][p]I vote for a modified pyramid with supersetting.

It would be nice to see a couple of the tapes 45 minutes in length.
Sometimes we just need shorter tapes when life decides to interfer with our working out.

Also slow down the reps. As others have stated not as slow as slow and heavy but slower then the PS series.

I'll take my pyramids however you present them.

Another vote for slower counts and good rest periods. I really like how you structure your rests in S&H. I know it must be hard to fill up the time, but I like when you use it to tell us about how you're feeling, what is coming next, what equipment to get out and so on. You could also remind us to write down what weights we're using in our logs.

I really look forward to this workout. I dabbled in pyramids on my own for a while. Wow, that was hard. It'll be nice to have you and the crew to keep me company when the going gets tough.

Full Pyramid. 60 minutes. Move core work to Lower body split. I think trying to fit in core work is too much to do in this workout. Alternatively, I think spending 60 minutes on legs is too much leg work, IMHO.

Cathe,

I think this video should be 60 minutes with all that you have planned for it, so that you don't have to rush anything.

The full pyramid and supersets will be truly unique and challenging!

The core work is dreadful though--just kidding--that is what I need the most!

Linda

The upper body split with supersetted pyramids sounds great. A pace the same or slightly less than PS would be good.

I vote for this tape to be at least 60 minutes. I would like the speed to fall between Slow & Heavy and the PS Series. Meaning not as slow as S&H and not as fast as PS.

My husband is really excited about this one and the Boot Camp.

Terri

I vote for 60 mins., full pyramid, and supersets. Please go at a slower pace than PS, say, a 2-2 count. Also I'd like longer rest periods. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.