STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Hi Nancy, Natasha,
Hope you're all doing well. Yes, I definitely feel a sense of accomplishment now that I finished STS. It was a fun program. I have never lifted that heavy in my life. :D I will continue to strive for that intensity in other programs/rotations.
Nancy, sorry about the plantarfasciitis but glad it's improving now. I think it's very smart to take it easy. It's definitely best to let it heal before going back to intense workouts.
I did Muscle Max last night and it was a bit tough for me. I did the uppper body premix (since I had to watch my favorite show: Criminal Minds). :D I forget howfun the workout is though.
On the non-workout front, I'm looking to find another job. My job is ok and the pay is ok, but I'm not where I want to be. So that's on my mind these days. I'm also considering taking a professional exam (certification) in my field to increase marketability. With taking an exam comes studying; I have to figure out when I can even do this. I'm not willing to sacrfice my worktime for this. :D

I also have been wondering what happened to Gina.

Have a good day ladies!

Justina

Happy Thursday fit ones!

Tues w/o was Push/Pull first time! It was, shall I say, on the easy side. No really, I was able to match Cathe in all her weight selections, and it only came it at 45min. I had time to spare, so I did STS Total Body Add-On's (with download's it's 2 separate files in addition to the regular program). The whole workout came in at about 55min, which was great.

Wed I did Jillian Yoga Meltdown + a 3 mile walk with my little girl. The weather has been crazy warm and beautiful. I must enjoy it until Winter hits and I become an angry Canadian Abominable Monster :mad:.

Today was another long 5 mile walk + 4DS Bootcamp + STS Legs W3 bonus leg drills only + the STS extended stretch (1st time doing that!). It all came in at under 1hr! I have decided I will do LB floor work weekly, as I have seen an improvement in my hammies and inner/outer thighs since I've been regularly including Barre/floor work to my rotations.

I Pm'd Gina just to see if she's ok and to come back and post on the forums. It is common for people to go MIA in check-in's without notice, but it did not really seem in her character. I just hope she is alright.

Justina
I'm so proud you finished STS strong! And doing it with a f/t job and 3 children is incredible!!!!
I wish you much luck and success in your quest to find another job. Positive vibes from me to you {{{}}}.
I love MM too! Yup, it's really tough! I find it lacking a bit on legs, but sometimes that's a good thing. With total body workouts, there is always *one* body part that does not seem to get worked enough. The only TB workout I found to be the most well rounded, is High Reps.
My shows lately have been: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Dexter, Son's of Anarchy, Parenthood, Parks & Recreation.

Ok, gotta fly! Have a great evening!

Last edited:
OMG Natasha, I LOVE The Walking Dead. :D I was so excited for the premier. I was going to do a post on asking for The Walking Dead fans out there but I didn't. So you're a fan of AMC shows. I hear Mad Men is really good but I never got into it. I have to start from the first espisode. I watched few of the Breaking Bad in the first season. I just lost interest after that. Right now my favorite shows are The Walking Dead, Criminal Minds and Supernatural. I'm waiting for Downton Abbey to come back on in January. It's also my favorite.
Looks like you've been rockin the workouts. I did MM that one day I was sore for two days. My chest was on fire. This Sunday I will start a rotation. Have to sit down and plug in the template you and Nancy recommended.

okay. Back to The Walking Dead; what the heck is going on with Rick? Why did he let that man with the bat get taken by those walkers? This is his dark side showing. :D

Can't wait to watch it on Sunday night! :D

Have a good day!

Justina

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday :)

Friday I did a mix match of BM2+Low Max. It came in at around 45min and was so darn fun!

No workout for me yesterday. I went grocery shopping and by the time I came back home I was pooped. It's also TTOTM, so I'm experiencing bouts of ups/downs in energy. Plus, insomnia gets me bad too :(.

Today I was going to pass on my workout, but went ahead with it. I warmed up with Crossfire + Firewalker Tabata and then MIS (minus ab section). Man, I love those Tabata's! Perfect way to warm-up to a workout :eek:.

Justina
I LOVE RICK!!! Having the world overtaken by Zombie's will turn any person into a darker one...or so that's what I'm thinking.
LOVE SUPERNATURAL!! OMG SAM is MY BOY!! Dean is pretty awesome too ;). Don't say anything about the most recent season though, I'm like 2 season's behind :eek:.
What are you doing for your rotation?

Nancy
Hope your foot is continuing to get better :).

Have a good evening ladies :)

Hello Natasha & Justina!!!!
My DH commandeered the computer all weekend (he's taking on-line classes) so I wasn't able to check in :(! It seems like you miss so much if you miss one day, doesn't it?
I am still babying my foot: sticking with the Pyramids and total body weight work as scheduled, but having to scale back on the cardio. On Saturday I did the Low Tabata premix from Crossfire followed by the Lo HiiT from Intensity. Then I did PLB. Sunday I was going to do AT, but after a 1 hour walk my foot was fried. Walking seems to be VERY BAD for it :(. I was limping around and decided to take the day off. Today, I'll do a short intense low impact cardio before PUB.
After reading a few of the ariticles in Cathe's newletter, I think I'll try to do a Tabata or HiiT w/o before weight lifting. I'll still try to fit in my "cardio days", but I really liked the way the Tabata/HiiT got me primed for PLB on Saturday. I think I'm also going to limit all walks to no more than 30 minutes at a time. Hopefully, this will help me get my foot back to impact state! I don't know if I'll ever be able to hit it as hard as I was with the impact, but if I can do one high impact session per week I'd be happy!

Justina: how is that rotation coming along? I've got to get my November one sketched out...I may wait and see what Cathe is going to put together for us!
Natasha: Good going with getting yourself into workout mode. There are many times I am so tired after work and that little voice tries to talk me out of workiing out. I make little deals with it like, "well, I'll just do the warm up and if I still don't want to work out I'll stop" ;). Once I'm into the workout I ALWAYS finish it! I love the Tabatas too! They are perfect for that state of mind!

Well, I hope everyone on the forums stays safe today and out of harm's way; and I hope that you ladies get everything out of today that you want!

Hi Natasha, Nancy,
Hope Hurricane Sandy didn't leave you without electricity or worse. I've been checking on my family in NY since yesterday. Everyone seems to be doing ok so far. Many others are not so lucky.
I have been doing short hiit workouts with TurboFire. Tonight I will try Cross Fire. I couldn't work out last night because Morgan (my oldest) had her first concert (she's in chorous at school). We really enjoyed it. It's nice to see her participate in something outside of school. :D
Nancy, I'm sure once you're all healed up, you can start the high intensity workouts again. When I get injured my mind is already ready to get back before my body is. Take it slow and you will see it's worth the time.
I've been a slacker. Still no set rotation. This always happens. Once I'm done with a program I don't know else to do. Also, once fall comes around the corner, I tend to get in the rest mode. It happens every year. Today I'm going to print out a calender and start writing out what I want to do each day. Of course I will have Friday and Saturday off. :D
Natasha, What! you are 2 seasons behind on Supernatural??:D I recently caught up. I didn't realize the schedule changed on the show. It's now on Wednesday nights where I live. I LOVE Dean. He's the big brother. I'm the oldest so I can relate to a lot of what he does for Sam. What do you think about The Walking Dead so far? Did you see the last episode? I won't say anything if you haven't.

Enjoy your day ladies!
Justina

Well, all is well here in my small city. Southern Ontario (Toronto, Niagara Falls) got hit pretty bad. Thousands left without power and sadly one woman died from falling debris from a Staples billboard. Had I still been living in Toronto, I would probably be without power right now. I remember that famous Blackout that affected Canada & USA not long ago. Two days we were without power in my apartment building. It was absolutely horrible. I feel so incredibly lucky and blessed that me and my loved ones have never been harmed or lost our homes during a hurricane, earthquake or tsunami. I try not to complain about trivial things a lot of the time, as I know my problems pale in comparison to others around the world going through real problems and suffering.

No workout for me today. I had to do massive loads of laundry plus wash the floors. I am not complaining, because at least I have water to do those things.

Oh ya, yesterday I did the cardio only premix of Drill Max :eek:. It was pretty tough and awesome!

I'm happy everyone is safe and with power :)

Nancy
It's good you are listening your body and allowing your foot to heal. When I was in a car accident 2 years ago, I injured my neck, back and shoulder's and I thought I would never recover! My family (DH & Bella) were actually very lucky to be alive. Our car was totaled in the back by an SUV failing to stop on the freeway. Anyway, try to stay positive and have faith in your body's ability to heal. I know you love high impact, but Cathe has made such incredible, intense, low impact options that I'm sure you won't even miss them in the long run. Speaking of low impact, are you UBER EXCITED for Xtrain's Low Impact hiit??!! My fav hiit til this day is still Intensity's low/high impact section.

Justina
Great job on the hiit workouts! I get the same during Fall/Winter with kinda of a "rest-mode". I think it's normal for people who live in colder climates to adapt this way. The only thing that keeps me motivated and continuing to stay consistent with my workouts, is that I want to look "decent" by the time Spring/Summer comes around so I can pop right back into my tank tops and shorts ;). Oh and of course being able to remain active with my daughter too :).
I'm glad Morgan's first concert went well! What a lovely name BTW :).
Can you believe my DH has a crush on Dean!!!! It is the cutest and oddest thing :confused:. But seriously, he IS totally perfect :p.
LOVE THE WALKING DEAD SO FAR! I have to watch the last episode, so don't say anything!

TIP IF YOU GUYS MAKE MEATBALLS: PUT IN PANKO BREADCRUMBS INSTEAD OF REGULAR BREADCRUMBS! THE MOST AMAZINGLY MOIST MEATBALLS I'VE EVER HAD!! I just made them today and Oh man :p:p:p:p.

Bye bye for now!

Hi ladies!
Didn't work out last night. I took the kids Trick or Treating instead. We have massive amount of candy right now. Won't last long though. We were out there walking around for an hour. I guess that was my workout for the day. :D
I feel the same way. Any time I'm upset about something in my life and I read the news, somebody else is always in a more challenging position than I am. It's a good way to keep things in perspective for sure.
Yes, love Dean in Supernatural. I'm a horror movie junkie and love all that supernatural, paranormal stuff. Did you ever see the show "Paranormal Witness". It's a great show. It's real people talking about their experience with the paranormal.
Can I get panko breadcrumbs at a regular grocery store?
Modesty is a virtue, but I'm sure you look more than "decent" all the time. :D
I usually slack in the winter when it comes to working out. I can do something about it by being more diligent. The longer I don't lift, the more muscle mass I will lose. So tonight I will be doing a STS DVD. :)

Nancy, what has been going on? Hope you are doing well!

Have a good day!

Justina

November!!!!
Hello Natasha & Justina!
First, I am glad we all got through the hurricane unscathed...I live about 4 hours away from the coast so the horrible devastion that you see for North Carolina is far away from me! We had very gusty winds and downed trees so some folks were without power, but my area was spared so I could do my Cathe!!!
I started my new rotation yesterday :D:
Basically, I took Cathe's 3 Month LIS/STS Transformation Rotation (from January) and tweaked it a bit: I replaced the Low Impact Challenge with either Crossfire, To The Max, or Intensity. I also substitued the Plyo Legs with LBB, B&G, PLB, or GSL. I also will do a Tabata from CF or TTM before each upper body workout and abs from STS Ab Circuits before the leg workout if needed. The LIS series really got my core toned, so I think this is a good rotation. I went ahead and planned it out for 3 months, but will cease and desist when XTRAIN arrives!
Last night was STS Disc 16; Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. IT WAS BRUTAL! I have lost some of my strength since I last did STS! My workout sheets were based on my last 1RM so I really struggled to the last rep...in fact I usually couldn't do the last rep. It was great :eek:!
Here is the 2012 Holiday Rotation if you're curious:

WEEK ONE Nov 01 - 07
Thur Disc 16 - M2 - W2 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps + Tabata
Fri Total Body Tri-Sets- Lower Body + Abs
Sat Cardio Supersets
Sun Disc 18 - M2 - W2 - Back and Biceps + Tabata
Mon To The Max
Tues AfterBurn
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK TWO Nov 08 - 14
Thur Disc 4 - M1 - W2 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps + Tabata
Fri Lower Body Blast + Abs
Sat AfterBurn
Sun Disc 2 - M1 - W1 - Back and Triceps + Tabata
Mon Crossfire
Tues Athletic Training
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK THREE Nov 15 - 21
Thur Disc 25 - M3 - W1 - Chest & Back + Tabata
Fri Pyramid Lower Body + Abs
Sat Slide & Glide
Sun Disc 27 - M3 - W1 - Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps + Tabata
Mon Intensity
Tues Cardio Supersets
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK FOUR Nov 22 - 28
Thur Total Body Tri-Sets-Upper Body + Tabata
Fri Disc 17 - M2 - W2 - Legs + Abs
Sat Athletic Training
Sun Total Body Tri-Sets-Upper Body + Tabata
Mon Crossfire
Tues AfterBurn
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK FIVE Nov 29 – Dec 05
Active Recovery Week
Thur To The Max
Fri Turbo Barre
Sat Afterburn
Sun Slide & Glide
Mon Turbo Barre
Tues Crossfire
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK SIX Dec 06 – 12
Thur Disc 1 - M1 - W1 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps + Tabata
Fri Disc 6 - M1 - W2 - Legs + Abs
Sat AfterBurn
Sun Disc 5 - M1 - W2 - Back and Triceps + Tabata
Mon Crossfire
Tues Athletic Training
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK SEVEN Dec 13 – 19
Fri Gym Styles Legs + Abs
Sat Slide & Glide
Mon To The Max
Tues Cardio Supersets
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK EIGHT Dec 20 - 26
Thur Disc 22 - M2 - W4 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps + Tabata
Fri Disc 20 - M2 - W3 - Legs + Abs
Sat Athletic Training
Sun Disc 21 - M2 - W3 - Back and Biceps
Mon Intensity
Tues AfterBurn
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK NINE Dec 27 - Jan 02
Thur Disc 10 - M1 - W4 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps + Tabata
Fri Total Body Tri-Sets- Lower Body + Abs
Sat Cardio Supersets
Sun Disc 11 - M1 - W4 - Back and Triceps + Tabata
Mon Crossfire
Tues Athletic Training
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK TEN Jan 03 - 09
Active Recovery Week
Thur To The Max
Fri Turbo Barre
Sat Afterburn
Sun Slide & Glide
Mon Turbo Barre
Tues Crossfire
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK ELEVEN Jan 10 - 16
Thur Disc 28 - M3 - W2 - Chest & Back + Tabata
Fri Butts & Guts
Sat Slide & Glide
Sun Disc 30 - M3 - W2 - Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps + Tabata
Mon Intensity
Tues Cardio Supersets
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK TWELVE Jan 17 - 23
Thur Disc 19 - M2 - W3 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps + Tabata
Fri Total Body Tri-Sets-Lower Body + Abs
Sat Cardio Supersets
Sun Disc 24 - M2 - W4 - Back and Biceps + Tabata
Mon To The Max
Tues AfterBurn
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK THIRTEEN Jan 24 - 30
Thur Disc 7 - M1 - W3 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps + Tabata
Fri Lower Body Blast Abs
Sat AfterBurn
Sun Disc 8 - M1 - W3 - Back and Triceps Tabata
Mon Crossfire
Tues Athletic Training
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

WEEK FOURTEEN Jan 31 - Feb 06
Fri Pyramid Lower body + Abs
Sat Slide & Glide
Mon To The Max
Tues Cardio Supersets
Wed (Off) Yoga + Abs

I hope XTRAIN has me abandoning this by mid-January at the latest! Justina, maybe you can tweak this a bit to accomodate the DVDs you have? I really missed STS so I had to get it back in the mix ;)!

Well, this post is excrutiatingly long :eek:....
By for now!

Nancy
It's good you are listening your body and allowing your foot to heal. When I was in a car accident 2 years ago, I injured my neck, back and shoulder's and I thought I would never recover! My family (DH & Bella) were actually very lucky to be alive. Our car was totaled in the back by an SUV failing to stop on the freeway. Anyway, try to stay positive and have faith in your body's ability to heal. I know you love high impact, but Cathe has made such incredible, intense, low impact options that I'm sure you won't even miss them in the long run. Speaking of low impact, are you UBER EXCITED for Xtrain's Low Impact hiit??!! My fav hiit til this day is still Intensity's low/high impact section.

Bye bye for now!

Natasha,
Reading about your accident really gave me the willies! How frightening for you! What a terrifying time in your life! And yet here you are doing some of the toughest workouts in the world and having your loving family with you to enjoy all your special moments in life! I am impressed by how you overcame such a huge setback! I think we all have the fear of becoming incapacitated at some point...I hate not being able to work out at the intensity that I'm used to, but at least I can still do some pretty tough Cathe stuff! It must have been a very slow path to recovery for you. Did you a physical therapist? Is this why your back bothers you (like with STS M3)?
Reflecting on your experience has helped me put a few things into perspective. Thanks for sharing your experience!
On that note, I've decided to go for a 30 minute walk this morning and then I'm going to bake those Pumpkin Protein Bites that were featured last week. Then later it's Cardio Supersets!

Have an awesome weekend!:)

Happy Sunday Nancy & Justina!

Ugh, TIME CHANGE :(:mad:. Don't you hate how it disrupts the little ones Justina?

My workouts last week were:

Wed: Push/Pull
Thurs: STS Extended stretch+TB abs and stretch+15min Yoga Max
Fri: 3 Mile walk (Leslie's 5 Really Big Miles)
Sat: HE Interval Blasts + legs :eek:. Can I get a throw-up smiley dude over here?
Today will be MIS. I am going to try that cool hip thrust w/the barbell featured on Xtrain. Wish me DOMS...I mean luck ;).

Nancy
I LOVE YOUR NEW HOLIDAY ROTATION! I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU WHEN I GROW UP :eek:;). I honestly think you should post that rotation to the Rotation Thread. I bet a lot of people would be interested and even hop aboard! Cathe will probably not do a Nov Rotation, so perhaps you could help out people looking for one.
Regarding the car accident, yes I was in PT therapy for 15 months on/off. The massage helped tremendously! I did a lot of Yoga, beginner workouts (Basic Step) and walking. When something devastating like that happens in your life, it truly does put things in perspective. Nothing can compare though to my miscarriages ordeal. I would not wish that horror on my worst enemy. To be 1% of the world population (talk about bad luck hun?) who have 4 or more miscarriages consecutively, really forces you to question all aspects about life: your beliefs, your sanity, your main purpose in this world, how much psychological and physical pain you can endure. So I know no matter what life throws at me, I CAN and WILL thrive and survive!
How did the pumpkin protein bites turn out? I was thinking of making them too!

Justina
I hope your trick or treating went well. I love the mini chocolates! Can you believe they are getting smaller each year?! I remember when a mini Snickers was 100cal, and now they are 60cal! I know, I know, that's probably a good thing ;).
The Panko breadcrumbs can be found at a reg grocery store next to the other breadcrumbs. It is considered an "Asian-Type" food (used for breading in Japanese Cuisine), so you may have to go to a specialty market. I got mine at Walmart :D.
I love Paranormal State! I'm really a wuss when it comes to paranormal/horror stuff, and usually hide underneath my PJ's :eek:.
Are you doing STS again, or just random discs?

Gotta get a move on! Have a great day fit ones!

Hi Natasha, Nancy,
I'm doing random discs right now. You ladies are dedicated and really plan well for your rotations. Nancy, your rotations are impressive. I'm sure this is how people stay on top of their game.
Something off the workout topic; I have decided to study for the professional exam. I haven't paid for it yet but I still have time. I have been passed over for a promotion at work. :( I believe I have been tight-casted. You should see me last week; I was really upset over it. There is no crying at work..I know. I hid in the bathroom so no one would see me. I cried even more at home. I woke up the next morning, my eyes were almost swollen shut. I had to ice them before I head back to work. I have never done that before...nothing at work had upset me this much. I think it's the feeling of not being good enough that really did me in. I definitely learned something through this experience. Clearly I haven't managed my career so well, but I know who I am and what I bring to the table. I just have to remember that. This is a huge disappointment. Now I have to have a plan to do something about it. This means I have to plan my time better. The short intense workouts will be my best friend for a while. Last night I did Turbo Fire and it fet great to sweat! Tonight I will do a premix from Cathe's hardcore series.
This is my time to regroup. I knew I had to let my emotions out and then plan my next move.
I did a premix from Cross Fire last week. What exactly is Tabatha? Nancy, I see this in your workout twice a week in addition to the weight trainng.

Hope you all have a good day! :D

Justina

HAPPY MONDAY Natasha & Justina!
Oh Justina, it sounds like you had an awful time there at work! I am so sorry that they don't seem to appreciate your skills. Yes, take the professional exam and MOVE ON if you can! I'm sure your workouts will help you use that negative energy in a more positive way! In answer to your question, Tabata is a type of HiiT workout. Cathe has them in Crossfire and in To The Max. They are those uber-intense 4 minute deals. I like them because they give you a lot of bang for your buck! When they come up on my rotation I will choose either the CF or the TTM low impact versions. I really loved the tabatas with the blue band and the step tabata in TTM, but I can't do those right now because of my foot :(.

Natasha, the Pumpkin Bites turned out pretty good! I made a double batch and I added raisins and walnuts. They are not very sweet, but that is fine with me. I have been re-training my taste buds for a while and actually enjoyed the subtlety of the flavors. BTW, glad to see you've incorporated the Extended Stretch from STS. I really enjoyed it after STS! Also, thanks for the tip about the Panko breadcrumbs! My DH and I have started eating buffalo or free range beef once per month (we haven't been eating red meat for many years and then had buffalo on our honeymoon last year....YUM!), so I will be making buffalo meatloaf in a few weeks and will use Panko!

So, on Saturday we went for a 30 minute walk and then stood in line for 1 hour and 15 minutes to vote early. When I got home I couldn't do Cardio Supersets as planned because my foot had gone nuts! (I've decided that I'll have to choose my walks carefully because I can't do both a walk and cardio....and walking just doesn't do a thing for for me aerobically! This is heartbeaking for a hiker!) Anyway, I ended up doing Cardio Supersets + Bonus Step the next morning (Sunday), and then my regularly scheduled STS back/biceps workout in the evening. It was great :D! I iced the ba-jeebers out of my foot after CSS and is was tender but okay during the day. It is mainly my heel that hurts now. It aches with every step when it is acting up :(.
Today I'll do the low impact premix of TTM and maybe some yoga....
So I'll sign off for now and hope that you both get a great start to your week!

Hey Nancy,
I can imagine it must be frustrating not being able to do high-intensity goodies you used to enjoy. :( It is best for your body to heal and it takes time. You are still very active; way more than I am! I have to try very hard to just catch up to you and Natasha! I really do not want to gain the winter pounds. Ha! I better get my act together. Yes, love Hiit workouts. Tonight is lifting with Cathe. Not sure which one I want to do yet.

By the way Natasha, I tried the panko breadcrumbs last weekend. The meatballs turned out great! However, I screwed up by using too much salt in my sauce. :D Next time will be better.

Talk to you ladies later!

Justina
I'm so sorry about the pass-up promotion at work :(. I still firmly believe that most of the time, it's not what you know, it's who you know that determines how far up the ladder you'll go. It sucks, I know, and it's definitely not fair. Sometime though (ok bare with me) when things like that happen at your job/career, it is a sign to move on and that usually leads to better things. I remember at my job (before I became manager) I was just a regular cashier. I was doing all the "stuff" manager's do, but was not getting paid. To make a long story short, I ended up putting in for a transfer to move stores. Within 6 months after moving, I was promoted to assistant and getting paid accordingly. Not long after that I moved to another store, got a raise, and was offered my own store to manage. I know things will turn out positively for you, so ride the wave and hang in there!
Oh and please do not compare your fitness abilities to anyone else. The fact that you even put aside any hours during the week to exercise is more than most people do! I only know a very few that exercise, or even walk for that matter. IMO, you have the toughest job in the world taking care of 3 children! I have no idea how you do it, but in my eyes you are superwoman! And don't forget, it's not always more exercise=better. In the end you have to do what's feasible in your life, with an exercise regime that works FOR YOU. There would be no way in hell that I could do one of Nancy's rotations, and I'm at peace with that ;). Do what you can and we'll be here cheering you on :).
I'm glad the breadcrumbs turned out well :).

Nancy
I'm sorry about your foot acting up :(. Hang in there and be patient with your body. I know that's hard to do, but I'm positive that if you give your foot time to recover, you'll be back to your old kick-butt self :eek:.
I've never tried Buffalo, but it's on my list of "food to try before I die" :D. That's venison meat right?
I hope you have a good week. Lots of foot healing vibes {{{{}}}}.
Oh, I meant to give you a tip I learned at PT with my ankle. Try hot/cold therapy. Have two buckets going with hot & cold water. Dip your heel in hot water (keep in for a few minutes) and then immediately immerse in cold water (keep in for a few minutes). Repeat for 15-30min.

Gotta get a groove on! Have a good one ladies!

Hi Nancy, Natasha,
Hope you are doing well. It's raining and it's election day. I'll have to run to cast my vote after work. It's going to be a long day.
Yes, I'm learning a lesson here. My self-worth took a beating in this experience, but at the end of the day, I know who I am. I just have to achieve an inner peace with their decision and move on. Thanks for your support ladies! So I'm updating my resume, reaching out to recruiters, and studying for professional exam. Oh and of course, continue to work out 5 days a week. :D I did Gym Style Back and Biceps last night. Tonight, another Hiit workout!
Natasha, I'm glad moving up worked out for you. I love hearing success stories. The power is within me. With that said, I'll have to be here until at least end of the year so I can get my bonus. :D After all the hard work and dedication I'm not leaving without it! I don't feel like a superwoman. Many days I feel like I'm being pulled in different directions. It's a challenge to balance work and family.
Did you ever read the book called "Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office" by Lois Frankel? It's a great book. I've read it twice but haven't acted on some of the mistakes I've been making. I will be revisiting this book and put action points in place for my next job. :) The book includes an assessment. It's really eye-opening. Below is her website.
Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office:101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers, By Lois P. Frankel, Ph.D.

Have a great day ladies!

Justina

Hi Natasha & Justina!
I had to skip my workout on Election Night (Tuesday) because my foot felt tender, so I did Afterburn (the single inverval express premix) last night (which was supposed to be my off night!). Although it didn't have me on the verge of puking ;), it was a good workout that got my heartrate up and didn't aggrevate my foot! Tonight will be STS Disc 4: bring on the drop set push-ups! I've had to do pushups on my knees because the toe type stretch the bottom of my foot too much. But I am still VERY challenged ....! Cathe finds a way to get every little muscle fiber quivering even when you modify!
Have a great Thursday! I hope you are both happy and laughing a lot today! :p

Hi Nancy & Justina!

My cousin just welcomed her first child, a little girl, to the world! Her name is Mia, 9lbs 12oz. Can you believe she gave birth vaginally to such a big child??

My workout this week were:

Monday: Low Impact Challenge
Tues: Circuit Blast
Wed: off
Thurs: 3 mile walk + MIS. I warmed up with Fitness Tabata from TTM :eek:.
Today: My legs and butt have some nice DOMS from the Barbell Hip Thrusts I did yesterday. I used 30lbs and only did about 20 reps. I'm afraid to hurt my lower back because of the sheer movement of it, but I think I used good form.

Justina
Thanks for the link. Very interesting and TRUE. I know you have the power in you! I wish you so much luck and success in all your future endevours :).
WTG on doing Gym Style B&B! Hiit workouts are great for busy moms, as they get so much accomplished in very little time. That's why I'm super stoked for Xtrain! I don't really have that much time to commit to exercise in the winter months. I think we are going to utilize that program A LOT :D.

Nancy
Even push-ups on toes are tough enough! I know I will never in my wildest dreams be able to do that many push-ups off my toes in a row! Actually, I should never say never. I heard lots of women being able to accomplish more throughout their 40's, 50's and beyond, so I embrace and look forward to the challenge with open arms. JUST LIKE YOU HAVE. I've been seeing so many negative threads on aging these past few months, and your responding posts always make me smile.

Gotta get a groove on! Have a wonderful w/e both of you!

HAPPY FRIDAY NATASHA & JUSTINA!!!!
Natasha, I really love Low Impact Challenge! It is such a fun step routine to master! I will always have Step Blast close to my heart (my first Cathe step DVD), but Low Impact Challenge is so much fun too! I never did get around to trying those barbell hip thrusts, but after reading about your DOMS I really got the bug to do them! Tonight is LBB so maybe I'll give it a try before I do the cool down/stretch ;)!
Justina, do you have any of the other Gym Styles? I am particularly fond of Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, and I LOVE Gym Styles Legs! I love Back & Biceps, but the other 2 just really click with me!

Last night I did STS disc 4 and it was like visiting an friend! I remember how much I scrambled between exercises that first time through STS :p! The push ups on the knees were still challenging as I really focused on form and concentrated on my pecs doing the work. The boot camp style were tough to do off the knees; don't know if that's what Cathe meant when she said to modify by doing knee push-ups...I was still bringing my knee in to my elbow on the side crunch. Really hit the obliques! I wondered if I was supposed to just do straight knee push ups???:confused:

Tonight will be LBB and I haven't done it in a while, so there will probably be a lot of laughing on my part :D! It will be interesting to see how my foot holds up. I've gone back to taking total EFA caps to see if I can curtail the inflammation. I get a ton of omegas from my diet and thought I could stop taking them, but with the new onset of inflammation I may have to go back on them....

Well, that's it for now!
Have a GREAT FRIDAY!!!!!:eek:

Happy Monday ladies! :D
Hope you both enjoyed your weekend. Last night was Gym Style Chest, and Triceps. I agree. The push ups on the knees are challenging enough. I was really feelilng it toward the end of the workout.
Natasha, congrats to your cousin and her family. Wow, 9 pounds and 12 oz. Goodness! All of my babies were small at birth and the deliveries were painful enough. :D
Nancy, I have all the Gym Style dvds and I enjoy them all. I think I achieved good results with STS Legs. Those workouts are tough and very effective. I have to do some of the STS dvds again. I really love lifting heavy and few reps. :D
Thanksgiving is around the corner. I'm excited but I have to make sure I continue to work out reguarly. Or I would be gaining the winter pounds. :D

Have a good day ladies!

Justina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.