STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Hi everyone,
Hope you are doing well for MOnday.

Natasha, it's great that you take your BP. I don't and never have on my own. I only have it taken when I go to the doctor's office for something. It's a good way to keep your health in check. I hope Bella is doing much better. :D Speaking of stress, Friday was bad for me. I had an exchange of words with someone at work. It's always my instinct to be nice. I've been burn by this person once already and I let it go. I guess for some people they see that as a weakness and they pounce on it when they have the chance. I lost my cool and let her get to me. I shouldn't have. Anyway, it definitely stressed me out because my voice got louder and my ear turned red when I was speaking with this person. Is there a workout that can improve my temper when provoked??:D Probably not. I would think Yoga can help but too bad I don't enjoy it. Oh wait, there's nothing wrong with me. She needs the help! :D So what's this Hiit 30/30? My ears perk up whenever I hear hiit.

Gina, I agree. I'm starting to worry about you. Maybe your PC stopped working or something. Hope you are doing ok.

Nancy, Dawn,
Hope all is well with you. I'm enjoy this beautiful weather. Not sure where you are in the country but hope you're enjoying it too!

Have a good day!

Justina

Fall is here: crisp & cool! :D

Hello Ladies!
I'm officially back at work after my vacation. Lot's of catch-up today! Hiking in Shenandoah was heavenly! What a lovely national park! We had beautiful weather each of our 3 hiking days and enjoyed several trails with some tough inclines (and logged some time on the Appalachian Trial!). There were many rivers, beautiful cascades, and several waterfalls; as well as lush forest ground cover with ferns, moss, orchids....sigh! It was just what we neeeded!
We officially arrived back home on Saturday and immediately went on a 90 minute walk in 85 degrees! Yesterday I did Travel Fit to get myself prepared for my next rotation (which I have yet to design :eek:)! Sounds like Natasha & Justina are kickin' butt with workouts! I need to hit it hard, too! Justina, I think you're right about your diet being your enemy! You really have to watch out for those meaningless calories that do nothing for you! It is very tough to kick the goodie habit! I have to really be careful if I allow myself any treat because I have no self control! I don't allow any chips, cookies, cake, pie, ice cream, candy, or soda in my house! I have a few indulgences throughout the year, but not often! On vacation I had root beer with a burger and fries but that was just once and the rest of the time I was eating CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! It's too hard to take those pounds off as I get older to risk it :(! I tend to overeat rather than eat unclean, so I try to weigh everything and log it all down. It's amazing how much it matters!

I'll try to check in again later and I'll be back each day as usual now that vay-cay is over :p!!!!

Good morning everyone!

Hi Nancy,
Welcome back. Wow, your trip sounds amazing. Never went hiking before and I know I'm missing a lot of fun. :D
Yes, I have to really pay attention to the food I'm eating. We are going to FL this week and last weekend I went bathing suit shopping for the first time in 20 years! Can you believe the last time I put on a bathing suit was in college??? Bathing suit shoppig was a horrible experience. LOL Trying them on was horrible. I can see where(the body part) I need to work on. :D It reaffirms what I have known all along, I have to eat better. When I consume extra calories they are stored in my middle section. That's my trouble spot. No more cheese puffs! It's true; as we get older it's harder to burn calories effectively. Can't risk the hard work that I already put in so far to be fit. What would your typical day's menu look like? I want to learn to eat clean but I also want to be realistic. Any tips will be helpful. I will try to limit process foods; stuff out of a box. But having three kids is a challenge.

Have a good day!

Justina

Well I finally sat my butt down and came up with my last week of September rotation ;), and my October rotation. These may change, but this is what I've got for now: a week of all total body 3x, divided by cardio 3x with bandwork/toning at the end!
For this week starting tonight:
Tue 9/25 Total Body Trisets
Wed 9/26 Crossfire
Thu 9/27 High Reps
Fri 9/28 Athletic Training
Sat 9/29 STS Total Body
Sun 9/30 Cardio Supersets
Mon 10/1 Travel Fit

Then I will segue into this: total body, lower body, upper body, with my 4 favorite cardios in between! Natasha, I'm finally ging to do The Pyramids!!!!!

2012 October Pyramids w/Fav 4 Cardio
Wed 10/3 Total Body Trisets
Thu 10/4 To The Max
Fri 10/5 Pyramid Lower Body
Sat 10/6 Crossfire
Sun 10/7 Pyramid Upper Body
Mon 10/8 Afterburn
Tue 10/9 Yoga Relax
Wed 10/10 STS Total Body
Thu 10/11 Athletic Training
Fri 10/12 Pyramid Lower Body
Sat 10/13 To The Max
Sun 10/14 Pyramid Upper Body
Mon 10/15 Crossfire
Tue 10/16 Yoga Relax
Wed 10/17 High Reps
Thu 10/18 Afterburn
Fri 10/19 Pyramid Lower Body
Sat 10/20 Athletic Training
Sun 10/21 Pyramid Upper Body
Mon 10/22 To The Max
Tue 10/23 Yoga Relax
Wed 10/24 Total Body Trisets
Thu 10/25 Crossfire
Fri 10/26 Pyramid Lower Body
Sat 10/27 Afterburn
Sun 10/28 Pyramid Upper Body
Mon 10/29 Athletic Training
Tue 10/30 Yoga Relax

I'm hoping this will keep me from turning into a pumpkin by Halloween :eek:!

Hi everyone!

My workouts so far this week were:

Sun- Crossfire :eek:
Mon- Maximum Intensity Cardio (step portion only 30min) + JM Shed & Shred (30min)
Tues- Due to time constraints, I did Body Max original upper body section (25min). THAT WORKOUT IS THE BOMB!! Seriously guys, THE BEST short upper body workout EVER! I'm DOMS'ing hard today :eek:.
Today - I might veer away from Cathe and do Butt Bible on youtube. We'll see how I feel later on...

Nancy
Your vaca sounded amazing! I'm glad you had a good time :).
Your rotation is WHOA!! Can we call it the HOLY TAMALE ROTATION???. It looks great! Nice & tough! I really hope I have your energy as I get older and get back some of my precious sleep. Most of the time I'm in a zombie state :(.

Justina
I'm sorry about the argument you had with your co-worker. It's very easy to lose your cool with someone who takes advantage of you. It was very hard for me to manage 30+ employee's without hitting someone in the head with a bottle of Coke sometimes :mad:. I hate people (did I just say that out loud :eek:). I hope you are doing better today.
The hiit 30/30 I did was part of the Supreme 90-Day Workout System. It's been reduced for super cheap, like $10, at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I love it, my only gripe is that the exercisers go at their own pace, some of them at super speed! It can get very distracting. You also have to count your own reps for the weight work :confused:. Either than that, the cardio workouts are excellent; short and effective. The weight work requires little equipment, they all clock-in at around 30-45min, and have tried and true basic exercises. I'm glad I own it :D.

Have a good one ladies!

Hi everyone,
Nancy, Natasha, I look like a slacker compare to you two!:D I don't know all the DVDs in the rotations but they sure look tough to me. And Nancy, you work out on daily basis? Wow. I have trouble doing it 5 days a week!

Natasha, you manage 30+ people? I've avoided people mangement my entire career because I don't know if I want to manage any souls. I'm a pleaser, so I will always try to make people happy. It will be difficult to do in people management. Someone will always be unhappy with something. This thing with this lady at work is some, dare I say; silly, petty female bs? There is lack of professionalism on her part; really annoying.

Anyway, we're heading to Orlando, FL this Friday. I have not packed at all. Husband's packed and already put his suitcase in the car! I guess he's ready to leave. :D The girls are 80% done. My son and I haven't started. Family vacation is a lot of work! :) I will not be doing STS for lack of equipment, but I will do a lot of walking; hopefully at a beach.

Have a good rest of the week if I can't check back!

Keep rockin!

Justina

Justina, say hi to Mickey and Minnie for us :p!!!! Have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your family!!!!

Justina
Have a great time in Florida!!!! I'm sure you and your family will have a blasty blast!! (in the words of Dane Cook :D).
Yes, at my last pharmaceutical retail store, I managed around 30 employee's. I was very fortunate though because 90% of the people I managed were incredible and hard working. I felt honored to be working with them :). Unfortunately, I can't go back to that type of job just yet. It is very demanding, long hours, sometimes until 12am :confused:. I'm not even sure if I want to go back into retail -- it's SO HARD, physically and mentally. But hey, it kept me in good shape by being up and walking for 8+hrs in the day.
AND YOU ARE NOT A SLACKER!!! Last time I checked, kids were a 24/7 job! And that's ONE KID, you have THREE! I admire the hell out of you -- really.

Have a safe & happy trip! Tell Mickey I said hello ;)

Well, I guess the intensity of the workouts has caught up to me :(. I've been having a weird foot pain (like nails shooting up through my heel) for about a month when I first get up in the morning that usually goes away after walking on it for a while. Unfortunatley it was getting worse and worse (but went away during workouts :confused:). Hiking seemed to really bring it on after the 5 hour mark. My sister told me it's probably plantar fasciitis (she has it too). So, last night I did the "Less Impact" premix of Crossfire (which still kicked butt!) and I'll have to baby this thing for a while. She told me it will get better, I just need to stretch out my feet and calves better and get orthotics or shoes with better support. It is interesting that this came on after I got new shoes to do Crossfire and TTM before I started the Nut Job Rotation. They seemed okay (Asics Gel Kayand III), but now I'm not so sure :eek:). I froze a bottle of water and have been rolling my foot on it a few times a day (yes, even at work!). I'm also going to search some physical therapy sites for "devices". I hope this "heels" fast because I was really wanting to take things up a notch!
Natasha, has this ever happened to you? I'm thinking of throwing this out to the general forum and see what the other Cathletes have to say....

Found a great thread! http://cathe.com/forum/f97/there-anyone-whos-had-pf-found-cure-286717/

Last edited:
Nancy
Oh no, your foot :(:(:(:(. I'm sorry you've been feeling that pain. Are you sure it's Planter Fasciitis? I've never had that happen to me, although I did sprain my ankle severely about 10 years ago. It was so bad that I could not even walk on it for one month! Have you ever considered acupuncture as a therapy alternative? I swear it helped me tremendously with a number of ailments I experienced a few years ago. The cost is about the same as massage/therapy and your work benefits may even cover a % of it. Just throwing an option out there if you are interested.

Sending recovery vibes your way!

Nancy
Oh no, your foot :(:(:(:(. I'm sorry you've been feeling that pain. Are you sure it's Planter Fasciitis? I've never had that happen to me, although I did sprain my ankle severely about 10 years ago. It was so bad that I could not even walk on it for one month! Have you ever considered acupuncture as a therapy alternative? I swear it helped me tremendously with a number of ailments I experienced a few years ago. The cost is about the same as massage/therapy and your work benefits may even cover a % of it. Just throwing an option out there if you are interested.

Sending recovery vibes your way!

Natasha, thanks for the feedback; I will definitely consider acupuncture if it gets any worse! Thankfully, it's already feeling better with a few of the suggestions from Stebby on that link that I posted. The "Sit on Your Heels" stretch really helped!!! I've been stretching my foot (just by pullling my toes back) before I get out of bed or up from a chair to walk and it is much easier to put weight on my foot! Tonight I'm slated for Athletic Training...a good workout without jumping, but still a challenge for the feet. We'll see if I have to modify anything! If things keep progressing the way the have been I should be back at the EXTREME level again :eek:!!!!!

Hi everyone!

On Wed I did the Butt Bible on YouTube. Holy &%$@!!! It's an extremely high rep workout, even more so than any of Cathe's high rep LB stuff. My butt and legs are still sore...3 days later!! EXTREME DOMS BABY :eek:.

Today I did Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit (Imax 3 step/blasts + High Step Challenge cardio/weight segments). Talk about tough! Imax 3 used to be my Mt.Everest, but I can totally smoke it now :D. If Cathe made an Imax 4, I would totally flip my lid and do a happy dance on my couch Tom Cruise style!

Nancy
I'm SO happy you are feeling better! Don't rush the healing, your foot will be ok in due time. The Cathe forums are great for helpful tips/suggestions.

Whoever else is here still (Gina? Dawn?) hope you are doing ok.

Have a good one!

Hi Natasha!
I guess it's okay to address this directly to you since we're all alone for now! That Butt Bible workout sounds brutal! I haven't had severe DOMS like that for a long time...makes me whimper just to think of it!
Yesterday I did STS Total Body for the first time in about a year and IT WAS TOUGH! Doing just 65% of my 1RM was rough going with the first set of 16 reps...I was so grateful that the 2nd set had only 12 reps! I really enjoyed it, though! I don't think anyone other than a Cathlete can understand that feeling of dread/love!
This morning my DH and I went out for a 90 minute walk (we are having a spectacular autumn Sunday!) and my foot started acting up a bit....I'll have to be careful with today's Cardio Supersets. I think if I do the ice/stretch routine it should be okay. I am getting geared up for my Pyramid Rotation and plan on making some workout cards so I can track my progress. I'm going to preview them again today and be uber prepared for next week!
Are you following a rotation or following your heart these days :p?

Hi Nancy!

I know what you mean about the 65% 1RM!!! I honestly believe that for myself, endurance workouts are the hardest!! I always seem to...ha ha...overestimate my weight selections :eek:.
The Bible Bible was pretty brutal! All high reps (1oo+ reps/leg!) with light weight. I was overzealous with my weight selection (AGAIN) and tried to use heavier weights, not even thinking that I might be whimpering after, oh, maybe the 50th rep!
I was following a rotation (I posted it earlier this month), but got sidetracked this week by being forced to take extra days off and shorten my workout times. Next week I'm hopefully back on track.
I'm sorry that your foot started acting up again :(. I think with the stretching and the icing, you'll be fine in no time!
I print out workout sheets too so I can log-in my weight #'s. Do you have Anna's Cathe Compendium Worksheets? I use those and they are the bomb!

Have a good one fit lady!

Hi Natty!
I am SO READY to start my new rotation tonight! Between you and the article that Rebekah posted on lifting heavy, I am encouraged and excited! I was a bit worried about the repetitive nature of doing Pyramids every week, but I think the total body workouts will add some variety, don't you? I have to tell you that you've got me thinking about 4DS with that talk about the upper body premix...dang, and it was deal of the day on the 1st of this month....well, maybe later ;)!
I am so glad Cathe is getting to start filming! I bet we'll have the finished product by Christmas :eek:!!!! I need to really get it together and plan my workouts through this dangerous period of upcoming holidays...
Did you read the article about keeping your body in an anabolic state in this week's newsletter? I have been logging my food intake for years so I was able to check and see what percentage carbs/protein/fat I eat. I need to cut down the carbs and increase the protein! I'd like to aim for the 50/30/20 breakdown. Right now I average about 60/20/20; sometimes 55/25/20. I know it doesn't seem like much of a tweak, but I'd still like to try. I get in about 1600 calories per day so basically I need to shave off 20 to 40 grams of carbs and add 20 to 40 grams of protein. I love charts and graphs (science nerd) so this is right up my alley!
Well, I hope the other ladies make it back or it could be the end of this little check-in....I'm sure a new one will pop up when the new series is released.....
Bye for now!

Hi Nancy!

I think Justina will come back to the check-in once she's back from Disney. I thought Dawn was back, but she's still MIA since that last post. I'm starting to worry about Gina. She has not even reported at her other check-in for weeks. I hate to think negatively though...

Yesterday I did STS Legs W4. I was able to complete all the one-legged hamstring roll-outs on the ball except for 2!!!! That is a big thing for me!!! I'm really DOMS'ing today :D.

Today's w/o was 4DS UB premix. Oh yes, you must add that series to your collection Nancy! It's THE BOMB! No really, I do love it, especially because it's a heavy lifting program. The premixes are fabulous, the music is awesome, the cardio is short but sweet, I love it all!!

As for Pyramid UB, it was very hard for me to increase weight. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's the way the muscles fatigue or the way the exercises are sequenced. I'm not saying it can't be done (if anyone can do it, you can!), but I read of other's who found it difficult to increase also. Just a head's up :).

It's fascinating about your carbs/protein/fat intake. I have no clue as to what I'm getting now. All I can calculate during the day is the time allotted for my workouts and how many hours of sleep I hope to get! But I'm positive increasing protein and decreasing carbs will give you superior results no doubt :D.

I am thinking about my next rotation. I want to start adding in a circuit workout. I will post it once I've made my official copy :).

Bye bye for now!

WOW NATASHA!!!!!
I did Pyramid Lower Body on Friday and am really glad I was sensible with my weight selections (thanks to your warning!)! I matched Cathe on all but the high step leg press (went up by 5# for each interval). I thought the stability ball stuff was super effective (I whimpered and grimaced!)! Yesterday I had mild DOMS so I know I didn't overdo it (makes me very happy)! Today I'll be doing PUB and I am going to match Cathe's weights again to be safe. Next week I'll increase the weights by about 2#...I'll just slap my Pace weights on. Maybe each week I'll add 2#...not sure yet ;)! Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your suggestions about 1.) Getting The Pyramids, and 2.) The warnings about lifting too heavy! (Those reps really add up!)

How fired up are you about XTrain? I love the shirt idea! We really have some witty Cathletes here!

Well, I hope you have a nice Canadian Thanksgiving tomorrow! How are you going to celebrate?

Hi ladies! I'm back! So glad we came back from FL on Friday. I had two days to rest before I had to come back to work. :D
How are you ladies doing? Looks like you're still rockin the workouts.
Disney was a lot of fun. We were only at The Magic Kingdom for a day though. We were there from opening to closing. For the price of the tickets, I insisted that we stay all day! :D
Now I have to get back to STS. I don't recall where in the program I was; second week of M3 I think. Anyway, I'm ready to get back to it.
Nancy, I have to read up on that article about the carb/protein/fat intake. Before I went on vacation I think I was getting enough protein with the protein shakes twice a day on top of other protein source with my meals. But I was also consuming too much carbs. I love the bread and the pasta. Yup, the holidays are going to be interesting. :D Aside from Thanksgiving and Christmas, I also love Halloween (candy and scary movies). I steal my kids' candy from trick or treat every year. :D
Natasha, what do you do for Thanksgiving? I make the same dish every year (It's a tradition) and we have dinner at my in laws.

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm looking forward to starting my workouts again. I was feeling flabby.

Justina

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!

Today we are set to go to my aunt's house for lunch. Thanksgiving is not a very big thing here. We usually have the normal food fare like Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pie's, and because I'm Italian there can be pasta and other Italian dishes too :p.

My workouts last week that I did not report were:

Wed- 4DS Upper Body (LOVE. LOVE. ENABLE. ENABLE)
Thurs - Hmmm...I forgot :eek:. Darn it, what did I do that day?? Low Max?
Fri- Off
Sat- Circuit Max (just downloaded! Love the oldie's baby!)
Sun - 40/20 with NO modifications. Wanted to DIE.

Justina
Glad to have you back! I'm glad you had a fun time at Disney :).
I think when you come back from vaca, you actually need another week to recoup. Ha, I know it rarely works that way :(.

Nancy
About the Pyramids, I think you will have an easier time increasing with LB than with UB. I can usually match (or exceed) Cathe in legs, but she smokes me out of the water with Bi's & Tri's :eek:. Wait until you do the UB!!!! OH boy!!!! You are in for a treat!!!

Have a good one ladies!

Hi everyone,
I did my first workout after returning from vacation. I enjoyed it and felt the burn afterwards. This is my last week on STS. :) After this, I plan to go back to some of the Hardcore DVDs. Also need to figure out when I can pre-order Xtrain. Looking forward to shorter workouts!

Have a good day!

Justina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.