STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Hi fit ladies!
It has been a long day. I ate lunch quickly and went back to work.

Natasha, I did print off the worksheets and write down the weight. The count is fast. These guys are pumping out the reps and I'm struggling to get there. :D I had to slow down to finish the set. Did you increase your calorie intake at all? I haven't. I eat the same diet as I would if I work out with Cathe. Not increasing calories at all. Yep, I definitely want bigger muscles. I will hangin in there and finish the program. :D Are you almost done? When I lift often and heavy, I'm hungry all the time.

Nancy, 75 min walk?? Good for you! I don't really get walking in during the day. Actually, not much at all. When I'm at work I hardly leave the building. I was doing it for a few days a while back but now work is picking up I can't leave for lunch. When I get home, it's dinner, kids, study (if not more work), then workout. The only walking I do is from my car to the bus stop. I purposely park my car far away so I can walk more. :D And I stand most of the day at work.

Agree about the shoes. Can't wear them but they sure look pretty! :D I see these ladies wear such pretty heels, but walking in them can be a nightmare I'm sure. The ones I wear have to be low and have lots of support on the heel.

If it's up to me; I would make it ok to wear sneakers to work!

Have a good day!

Justina

Last night's Tabatacise was pretty tough with the add ons (Burn Sets Back and Core#2). I was wiped out afterward! I think next week I'll try to do all 5 segments along with the back and core stuff. Just cause I'm crazy :eek::p~
I think that Tabata is an awesome addition to weight training. Like you, Natasha, I like the fast and furious w/os! I have to admit I miss those crazy Crossfire and TTM Extreme premixes. I won't rule out ever being able to do them again....maybe ;)!

It's been getting pretty dang hot around here these days: high 80s (my car thermometer claims 92!). I like being able to take a walk after dinner in the evenings as the sun is setting and feel the whole world around me sigh with relief from the heat! Justina, I bet you're really cookin' in Atlanta :cool:!

I was reading some posts about the Theracane, a weird device for trigger point therapy, and decided to get one for me and my DH. I also bought a book on trigger point massage to go along with it. Should be here around June 5th. I bought the cane thingy for my Mom a few years back and it was so nifty I don't know what took me so long to get one for myself! I have been noticing some muscle tightness in my upper back that I just can't reach. I've noticed that it has a bit more definition so maybe they are "growing pains" :p?

One of my co-workers gave me some basil to add to my little food factory...I've got all the makings of a good pasta sauce growing! YUM!!!!

Wowee is it ever hot over here :cool:. Not complaining though! Love me some heat baby :D.

Ok, so my sleep has been really crappy these past few days :(. Last night I got a decent sleep (thank goodness!). I'm not one of those people who function well on very little sleep. I have no idea why people brag about that sort of thing :confused:.

Yesterday's w/o was BB Cardio + Abs. It kicked my butt. I'm usually ok with the plyo push-ups (alternating between some on my toes, some on my knee's) but I had nothing in me. At one point I said F-that, and just did some jump rope (with an actual jump rope, which is indeed harder!).

Have you guys seen the BBW (bonus butt w/o) on the Rock Bottoms rotation? I've been looking to include a 2nd quick LB w/o during the week, and this is it! I did it this morning and loved it! I did not include the barre segment though. I added some KB swings and jump rope at the end to finish me off. it was only about 15 min or so, but I was sweating like crazy!

Tonight's w/o will be Bulk Back :eek::D.

Nancy
I simply cannot do weight lifting and cardio in one session. I have to focus 100% on either/or. My weight lifting usually suffers when I include cardio and I just can't have that :D. I commend you for doing that rotation because I can see how tough it is! You are a champ m'lady :eek:.
I hope the Theracane works well for you a hubby :).
I love basil, especially in Thai cuisine :p.

Justina
You know what Justina, the other day during Bulk Arms, Sagi was going way too fast during tricep kickbacks :mad:. I thought of you at the time. You know what I did, I paused the workout and made sure I did all my reps AT MY SPEED. It would not be so bad if Sagi didn't count out his reps, but when he does it distracts me :mad:. I don't even bother trying to go at the same speed during 8R because I know I need to keep proper form and take my time -- I just do as many as I can (I usually go to failure anyway).
As far as calories, I am trying to up my #'s. I think I hover around 2,000 give or take a few hundred up/down, depending on how hungry I am. It's all trial/error, I think. The truth is though, you need a calorie surplus, even if only a bit, to build bigger muscles. If you fuel your hunger with the right foods, instead of eating...oh let's say...a bag of chips :D then your muscles will utilize the nutrients.

Headed out to the park! Have a great day gals :cool:

Last edited:
Justina
I just came back to share a bit of info I came across yesterday. I have been watching this bodybuilder dude named Chris on youtube (he uses a lot of profanity, but I really dig his vids :p. He gives a lot of helpful tips on weight lifting, nutrition, ect. My DH is getting some gains following his tips). Anyway, he had a woman Q&A, where 2 women send video's of themselves, asking for advice and critique. One woman is trying to compete in a bathing suit model competition -- she wants more UB definition and size. To make a long story short, Chris told her to successfully have Hypertrophy, she must be in a calorie surplus, not deficit. Come to think of it, when I was doing STS, with all the cardio and not upping my calories allowance, I got some gains, but nothing like my present state with BB. Next time I do STS M2, I'm following the same format.

Hope this helps a bit :)

BBL ladies! Rock on :cool:

Right on, Natasha! I agree that in order to build up, you have to take more in! Justina, I think as long as you take in USABLE HEALTHY calories you'll start to see some gains! Your body is demanding more fuel for a reason, just don't go overboard :p! Don't get caught up in the "reduce calories to lose weight" thing when your goal is to build muscle!
Natasha, you're also right on the cardio sapping strength away from the weightlifting when I do them in succession. I find it hard to increase weights right now. But, I am feeling a difference in my lower body with the increase in intensity and frequency of the cardio, so I really can't complain :eek:. I think I need to figure out a way to get just a bit more weightlifting in...I'll be tweaking this rotation around a bit for the future to get a little more upper body lifting in there! I have one more week to go (officially), but I may add on 2 more weeks with added weight work just to test things out...we'll see ;)!

I don't know about you guys, but I am really getting anxious for the new DVDs! Especially X10 & the specialized leg workouts!

Hot and sunny here today so we got our 75 minute walk in around 8:30am so we wouldn't burst into flames :rolleyes:! I plan on doing Cardio Leg Blast with Burn Set Bis in about 2 more hours....and for my REST day tomorrow I hope to finally HIKE!!!!!!:eek:

Hi Nancy & Justina :)

Hope you both had a lovely w/e. It was raining off/on the entire w/e over here so we didn't really get a chance to do any outdoor activities :(.

My w/o's were:

Yesterday: Bulk Shoulder's. Increased my #'s for almost all of the exercises!
Saturday: Bulk Back. Increased my #'s for barbell rows!
Friday: Day off

So I have been feeling a lot of DOMS this past week. My upper back and last are especially sore. I have decided that this week, I am sort of taking an active recovery week. I will walk my daily miles as usual, but as far as w/o's, I will be doing only 3: BB Lucky 7 circuit w/o (tues & sat), BB Total Body w/o (thurs). I feel as though my body needs a little break from the high volume training.

Nancy
This fitness journey is all about finding what works for us -- experience, learn, trial/error, patience, consistency, rinse & repeat. I know for me to see any gains in my legs, I have to work them hard and heavy -- no way around it. For my UB, hands-down, split weight-work is what does it for me. But most importantly I feel, you have to love and enjoy what you do :).
Did you get that hike in?
I wonder when the new w/o's will be completed? I bet any money that Cathe will be working on yet another set of w/o by the end of the year :eek:.

Have a good day!

I came back to ask you ladies if you wouldn't mind taking this check-in over to the Check-in's & Challenges forum? It would be easier for me to do all my postings over there instead of jumping here sometimes. You can also think of another name for the group :). Perhaps some others on this forum might jump aboard too.

Let me know what you think!

I came back to ask you ladies if you wouldn't mind taking this check-in over to the Check-in's & Challenges forum? It would be easier for me to do all my postings over there instead of jumping here sometimes. You can also think of another name for the group :). Perhaps some others on this forum might jump aboard too.

Let me know what you think!

I've been thinking the same Natasha! We really got away from the "STS" part of this and I know you have several check-ins that you are trying to keep up with! I have no problem with evolution ;):p! How 'bout you, Justina?

BTW, How are you sleeping these days, Natasha? I finally broke down and started wearing earplugs because of my upstairs neighbors. There are 3 of them up there all on different schedules and they never seem to stop walking around up there (they also have a constant stream of house-guests)! This is a very old building (no insulation and very creaky!)...and the worst part is that the "skinny" one weighs about 350 pounds! The plugs help a bit and I've been getting better rest, but it still isn't ideal!

I've been thinking the same Natasha! We really got away from the "STS" part of this and I know you have several check-ins that you are trying to keep up with! I have no problem with evolution ;):p! How 'bout you, Justina?

BTW, How are you sleeping these days, Natasha? I finally broke down and started wearing earplugs because of my upstairs neighbors. There are 3 of them up there all on different schedules and they never seem to stop walking around up there (they also have a constant stream of house-guests)! This is a very old building (no insulation and very creaky!)...and the worst part is that the "skinny" one weighs about 350 pounds! The plugs help a bit and I've been getting better rest, but it still isn't ideal!

Funny you mention ear plugs...I'm wearing them too! My apartment complex get's a lot of traffic outside in the summer, so it can get noisy :mad:. That, along with Mr.Snorer, and my cat crying at night (poor little thing :(. I think she misses her brother) and I just about had enough! They take a bit of getting used to, but they work! I have a few set for 32 decibel.

Sorry to hear about the noisy neighbors upstairs :(. I have also found a constant static noise to be very helpful in drowning out noise. Have you tried a fan?

I best get going :). Have a nice day gals!

Hi Nancy, Natasha,

Good idea! Let me know what the name will be and I'll be there!

Last night was Bulk Shoulders. It was a good workout. I will have to add extra good calories to gain muscles. Thanks for the tips ladies! :D At this point, I'm not taking in enough to build.

Saturday night we had to take Jackson to the ER. He has pneumonia. His temperature was 104.3 when we got there! I'm working from home today so I can watch him.

Nancy, glad you are growing lots of herbs and veggies! I'm sure the veggies you grow in your garden are way more healthier than from the store.

This Sunday I'm leaving for Boston on business. It's going to mess up my routine for the workouts. Well, I will be doing push ups in my hotel room. :D

Hope you ladies are doing well!

Let me know when we start the new check in and I'll see you ladies there!

Justina

Hello fit & fab :)

My w/o yesterday was a 4 mile indoor walk w/Jessica Smith. I'm really liking her! Today I was perusing through her cardio w/o's and found this hiit one: Full Length 30-Minute High Intensity Interval Training Workout - HIIT It Hard Cardio - YouTube. I didn't look too hard, so I figured why not give it a go. OMG it was harder than I anticipated! Not Cathe hard, but a pretty decent hiit w/o nonetheless. I also went for a nice 2hr outing with Bella today :). The temps have gotten a bit cooler. What about you guys?

Justina
I'm so sorry to hear about Jackson :(. How is doing today? I hope he has a speedy recovery.

What do you guys want to name the group? If I think of anything, I will let you know :).

Have a wonderful day :)

How about this Nancy & Justina, why don't both of you come over to my check-in "We're In This Together". I think you would love the women over there! Very strong and admirable -- just like the both of you :). It's not mandatory that you gals post personals every day either. We know how busy everyone is.

So let me know!

How about this Nancy & Justina, why don't both of you come over to my check-in "We're In This Together". I think you would love the women over there! Very strong and admirable -- just like the both of you :). It's not mandatory that you gals post personals every day either. We know how busy everyone is.

So let me know!

Thank you SO MUCH Natasha! I'll "see" you there!:p
Hope you're coming too, Justina! I think it will be great for you to "meet" some other Cathletes with whom you can swap motivation and tips for handling all the things you manage to juggle in a day!!!!;)

AND SO, THIS IS THE "STS DEAL OF THE DAY" CHECK-IN...
CHECKING OUT!!!:D

Hi Nancy, Natasha,

Of course! I'll see you fit ladies there!

Last night no workout. I came home so exhausted. I did manage to study for an hour or so. :(

This Sunday I'm leaving for Boston. Too much to do; too little time.

Jackson is feeling better. Thanks for asking. :) He's playful and eating well now.

Natasha, can you tell me how I can get to the check-in?

Thanks!

Have a good day ladies and talk to you soon!

Justina

Justina
Go over to the Check In's & Challenges section. Our group is called "We're In This Together".

I'm happy to hear Jackson is feeling better. Poor little guy :(. Kids are amazing though -- they always act like such troopers, even when they're sick.

Great then! See you gals there!

STS Deal Of The Day...
PEACE OUT!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.