Strength in Numbers

Julie Wow, good for you for doing major cleaning when you got home. I never had much energy to do a lot after work, but you are right about the morning workouts. I really like getting it done and out of the way first thing. Ut always seemed like it was way for something to get in the way when I did evening workouts. Great job on your power conditioning workout. I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

This morning was M2D23 legs. The last leg triset workout. On to may favorite plyo legs next week. Have a great day!

Pam

This morning I did Cycle Max. My legs are a little sore from yesterday’s heavy leg workout. I have a feeling they are going to get sorer as the day goes on. I am going to try to leave early from work and work on my deck this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90s so I am not sure how much I will get done on it tomorrow.

Pam Great job on M2D23 Legs! I’m always sad to see a meso end but also excited for a new type of challenge!

Have a great weekend!

I am back!!!! You two have been doing really well with your workouts. Me all I have done is some walking so I am ready to get working out again. Hawaii was a lot of fun but I am glad to be back at home. Our first week was doing a bit of sightseeing such as going to Kona and driving to the north and east ends of the island. My brother went scuba diving when we first got there. He got some great video of turtles with his gopro. We also went to the top of Mona Kea where the observatories are. It is 14,000 feet above sea level and you needed a 4x4 (which we had) to get up there. It was pretty clear so we got a great view from up there. On the Friday we helped my brother get his bike to the race transition area and he spent most of the day getting ready for the race. Saturday he left bright and early as his swim started before 7am. We saw him come in after his bike ride and he was pretty beat and he still had a half marathon to do. It was really windy and humid so that was doing him in. Because we could track his progress I could tell that he was walking not running because of the time between the timing stations. Poor guy he missed the 9 hour cut off by 3 minutes. He thought is had about 10 minutes left. So he didn't get a finishers t shirt or medal. It was hard for him because the rest of his team got that and one of them qualified for the world triathlon championships down in Tennessee in September. He said that this was his last half ironman since he does not like the training involved with them. He just wants to do regular triathlons. So Sunday was a pretty laid back day since my brother was tired from the day before and DH decided that he didn't need sunscreen on his legs and ended up with a pretty bad burn. Monday DH didn't want to do anything so I went with my brother down to Volcano National Park. It was a bit of a drive so we didn't get to stay as long as we wanted to but it was cool seeing the eruptions from one of the volcanos. Then we drove over to the east side of the island through Hilo and then back to the condo. Our last night we went to a place called Lava Lava Beach Club. It was the happening place in the resort that we were staying in. It is all open and you can have dinner and watch the sun set. It was really nice. The whole vacation was great except for the fact that I had a hard time trying to find something that I could eat due to my allergies and sensitivities. So by the time we left Wednesday morning I was starting to feel not so great and then by Thursday evening I had the chills and was vomiting :mad:. It has taken till tonight to actually feel well again. They have a lot of Japanese food there but I am allergic to soy so I couldn't eat that, then I have an allergy or sensitivity to pineapple (they serve that with everything, it is Hawaii) and I have a sensitivity to gluten which seems to be in every meal too. On my last day I had a papaya which I think sent me over the edge since it is related to pineapple. I really do hate food allergies. When you ask them not to serve you pineapple they give you a strange look since that is a staple there.

Anyway I hopefully will be getting back into it tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheryl

What a fast weekend but I guess that is what happens when you are busy. Friday afternoon I was able to get about 4 hours of work done on my deck. Saturday morning I did the second workout from Power Conditioning and … wait for it … added on the abs from PUB! Whoa, I know. I didn’t make it all the way through the plank/pike work at the end but I didn’t too bad for not doing abs regularly. After that, I did another 4 hours on the deck and then DH and ran errands. We also had to take the cabinet down above our old fridge so when the new one is delivered next week, it will fit. Sunday I did the third workout for week one of Power Conditioning and then I painted and stained where we removed the cabinet in the kitchen. Can’t believe it is Monday already.

Cheryl Sounds like you had a great time in Hawaii other than at the end not feeling well because of the food but glad you are starting to feel better. Food allergies/sensitivities would be hard with traveling. What a bummer about your brother missing the cutoff by 3 minutes. I’m glad you are back.

Have a great day!

Julie Hmmm, it looks like my Friday post got lost, but great job CM. That seems like a good one to work out some leg DOMS. I hope you were able to get your deck stripping finished before it got too hot.

Cheryl )Welcome back! Oh your poor brother, that must have been such a huge let down for him, after working so hard to prepare. It sounds like you had a really nice trip but wow, your food allergies have to be such a pain. I can't imagine having to be that careful about what I eat. That is terrible that you were throwing up, I can see why you would be happy to get home! It would be almost impossible to avoid pineapple in Hawaii!

JulieWOW, you added on abs?! I am so proud of you. Those PUB abs are really tough ones too. Great ob on that and Power conditioning! I don't think I have ever made it all the way through the pikes/planks in that without modifying. Great job on Sundays power conditioning too, did you get the deck stripping finished?

Friday was PCCC for me. It is starting to lose it's dread factor as it always seems to go by really fast. Saturday was M2D24 Back and biceps and after that we went skiing. It was a really good ski for both of us, then we came home and hung out by the pool. Sunday was my rest day. I cut, trimmed, and blew the lawn, ran some errands, and then hung out by the pool, swam some, and read the rest of the afternoon. This morning was my first day of active recovery and I did the step and power circuits from Body Max and the bonus stability ball abs from Butts and Guts. I really like that ab workout. Now I have some yard work to do before going over to check on my mother. She cut her cast off yesterday! So my brother took her to the ER and they put a splint on it. We will see if she kept that on or not. My brothers wife was spending the night there to try to make sure she didn't take it off! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on Power Conditioning and.......the ab work from PUB. You did pick one of the harder ab workouts to do, the plank/pike work I find is really hard in that one. So is your deck almost done? That is a big job.

Pam Pineapple is next to impossible to avoid and the servers give you weird look when you say you don't want any. Good job on PCCC, M2D24 Back and Biceps, skiing and the step and power circuits from Body Max and abs from Butts and Guts. Sounds like you had a nice afternoon being able to relax at your pool. I hope your mother kept her splint on.

So Sunday I did Yoga Relax, it felt good to get stretched out. This morning I did a timesaver premix of Rockout Knockout because I had to leave to pick up a couple of other friends to go to our other friends for lunch. One of the friends that I picked up is moving away so we had a going away lunch for her. On the bright side she is moving to an area which is known for its wineries. So we talked about going there in September to visit her and to do a winery tour.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on YR. It sounds like the perfect workout to start getting you back into the swing of things. Great job on RK premix too. I hope you had a nice lunch. It sounds like visiting your friend and doing a winery tour would be a lot of fun. This morning I did PRS #2. I'm glad you got me thinking about those workouts again Cheryl. I had kind've written them off, but it was really fun. My mother removed her splint last night again, so I am taking her to get another cast on this afternoon. I'm going to remove all scissors, knives, etc from her place so hopefully she can't get this one off. AC quit working at my moms house too, so the repair man is coming today. I was having some repairs done in her crawl space over the weekend and the guy found termite damage under there, so the exterminator is coming tomorrow :rolleyes::rolleyes:It's just been one thing after another. I can't wait till closing at the end of the month and having that house gone! Have a great day!

Pam

I forgot to say yesterday that I did Step Blast in the morning. When I got home from work, I got another hour in on my deck sanding. This morning I did Pyramid Lower Body and then got another hour of sanding in before I took Ozzie to his vet appointment. Now I am working from home and waiting for the vet to call me when Ozzie is ready to be picked up. Hoping I can also get another hour of sanding in after I get him tonight. We will see though.

Pam Great job on PCCC! That is good news that it is starting to lose its dread factor. Great job on M2D24 Back and Biceps and skiing, glad it was a good one for both of you! Sounds like you are getting a lot of time with the pool. Sounds wonderfully relaxing. Great job on BM step & power circuits and B&G abs! OH MY! She cut her cast off! What will they do if she won’t keep the splint on? We are done stripping most of the old stain. There is still some spots on the outside of the handrails and spindles. We might try to just sand that off instead of using the chemicals again. That stuff is harsh and I have gotten some (minor) chemical burns from using it. But it is effective so if the sanding doesn’t work, we will go back to it. Great job on PRS! Oh no it sounds like you have your hands full right now with your mom's wrist and house. I hope things get better soon.

Cheryl Great job on Yoga Relax and RK timesaver! Well that is sad your friend is moving but hey sounds like you have more than one reason to visit her now! No our deck is not even close to being done. I was telling Pam that we are almost done with most of the stripping but there is still some left and then we have to sand the entire thing before we can stain it. This is turning into a bigger job than I imagined. I keep telling dh we should have just torn it down and rebuilt it.

Have a great day!

Last night after picking up Ozzie I was able to get another hour done on the deck. It was so hot out, over 100 heat index and it really wiped me out but I am glad I was able to make a little more progress. This morning was my rest day so I slept in a little. Felt nice but I was in one of those deep sleeps when my alarm went off so I was groggy for the first hour after waking up.

Have a great day!

Julie It looks like our posts crossed yesterday. Great job on SB and PLB. Wow, you are getting a lot of sanding done, I hope you are seeing the light at the en of the tunnel. So it wasn't quite as shocking that my mother had cut her cast off when I saw it. It was a short cast, and she cut through the part between her thumb and forefinger and then was able to just slide the whole thing off her arm. I convinced the to put a cast up over her elbow this time she that she won't be able to just slide it off like that, so hopefully the new one will stay. Oh, I love those deep sleeps, but hate it when the alarm goes off!

This morning I did Tracy Staehle High Intensity step mix and the abs from Cardio and weights. It's one of my favorite non-Cathe workouts. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam You are welcome :) they are fun workouts and PRS #2 is my favorite. Wow you do have your hands full. Good idea to remove all the sharp objects from your mom so she can't cut anything off. I bet you will be glad to see the house gone, it has been a lot of work for you.

Julie Good job on Step Blast, Pyramid Lower Body and all of your sanding. I think the sanding and stripping the old paint is the hardest part but it sounds like you are almost there. I bet rebuilding it probably would have been easier :D. Bummer when your alarm wakes you out of a deep sleep.

Pam Great job on Tracy Staehle High Intensity Step Mix and the abs from Cardio and Weights.

Well I didn't get a chance to post last night. I found out the dragon boating has been changed from 6 to 6:30pm so by the time I got home I really didn't want to get onto the computer. Today I thought I would make sure that I posted before I left. So yesterday I started STS M1W1 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps and the start of all of those push ups :eek: and then dragon boating that night. Today I did MMA Kickbox and I will go dragon boating again tonight.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Power Conditioning Week 2 Squat day. I was able to up my weight from last week which felt awesome. I wasn’t sure I would be able to at first because while I was warming up my right hamstring and inner thigh felt tight and almost like I pulled something but it loosened up and I was able to pull through. It’s been raining off and on since yesterday so I won’t be able to work on my deck for a while. Probably good to take a break.

Pam Great job on TS HISM and C&W abs! Not really seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet for the deck. We still have about 85% of it left to sand before we can even stain. I keep telling myself it will look awesome and be worth it. That sounds like a good plan to have them but a cast on over her elbow so she can’t remove it.

Cheryl No worries on not posting after dragon boating. That sounds late to me and I wouldn’t want to get on the computer either. Great job on starting another STS round with M1W1 CSB and then on MMA Kickbox! All those pushups with dragon boating, did your arms feel like jello?

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on STSM1W1. Only three more horrible pushup discs to go :D:p great join n MMA Kickbox and dragon boating too!

Julie Great job PC W2 squat day and upping your weights! So glad to hear that your hamstring and inner thigh loosened up an you were able to doing your workout. It sounds like a couple of days of rain could be a welcome break from the stripping. Holy cow, it really is a big job. I know you will be happy and proud of if when you are done though!

This morning for me was LI series LIC. I couldn't really remember it, and figured it was because I don't like it very much. It was good for a change, but not one that I really care to do often. Last night we had a girls night to celebrate a couple of my friends birthdays, so I was glad to have one that wasn't too tough, although I do have to think too much when I'm doing that one! :) Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on PC Squats and being able to up your weights. Glad that your hamstring and thigh loosed up for you. A break is probably a good thing from your deck. You do still have a lot of sanding to do. My arms felt fine. Dragon boating is more using your core than your arms so that was a good thing after all of the push ups.

Pam Good work on LI LIC. I agree that you do need to think a bit more with that one since it is one that we don't do very often.

This morning was M1D2 Back and Biceps for me. Then since it was raining so hard out I got all the laundry and housework done. We were going to go to my parents tomorrow to mow the lawn but I think it will be pretty wet so we will wait until Saturday to let it dry out a bit.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Ride! I was really struggling the first couple of songs but then I got into the groove of things. So glad it is the weekend. It is supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow so no working on the deck which means I probably will end up cleaning (oh joy!). We are supposed to get our new fridge delivered tomorrow so that will be exciting!

Pam Great job on LI LIC! Sometimes that is the problem with some step routines is having to think. At least that is the case for me. And especially now that I workout early in the morning again, I find it increasingly difficult to follow directions or count.

Cheryl Great job on M1D2 Back and Bis! That is one of the perks of the rain is being able to get inside chores done. Well that is good dragon boating uses different muscles than what you did for all those pushups.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on M1D2 Back and biceps and getting all of your housework done.

Julie Great job on Ride! Hopefully you will get some relaxing in this weekend too.

This morning I did PRS 1 and did the premix that had all 6 combos plus 2 from PRS 2 and the abs from SJP. Now I have some housework and cooking to do because we are having some friends over for dinner tonight. Happy Friday, have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Ride. Enjoy your weekend and your new fridge.

Pam Great job on PRS 1 and the combo premix and the abs from SPJ.

This morning was M1D3 Legs then I got some running around done.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Saturday I did Power Conditioning Week 2 Bench and Ab Circuits NE abs! After that DH and I gave the dogs baths and did some chores around the house. Then we got our new fridge installed. It took about an hour to get set up and then after that DH and I ran errands and went grocery shopping to stock the new fridge. Sunday I did Power Conditioning Week 2 Deadlifts and then being lazy the rest of the day. This morning I did Rhythmic Step. For not having done this workout in 4 years, I didn’t do too badly. I got tripped up on some of the turns but hey that is ok.

Pam Great job on PRS1 premix and SJP abs! I’m trying to be good and add on abs once a week. I am paying for it yesterday and today. It hurt laughing.

Cheryl Great job on M1D3 Legs! Hope you had a great weekend and maybe got some dragon boating in.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on M1D3 legs! I usually get pretty good DOMS after doing that one!

Julie Great job PC Bench AND Ab circuits NE! Wow, you are really impressing me with your ab workouts! Great job on PC Deadlifts and RS. I don't think I could go 4 years without doing that one. Oh boy, you really did a number on your abs if it hurt to laugh!

I didn't do a workout Saturday OR Sunday! That's the first time in a long time I've been home for a weekend and didn't do a workout. Saturday we had a graduation party in the afternoon and a concert at night. It was an outdoor concert and it was just a gorgeous night for it. Only in the low 80s and not too much humidity, which is very unusual for here. Sunday I finally finished my pantry cleanout, did the laundry, and we skiied. Then the boys came over and took their dad too play disc golf and made dinner for Fathers Day. This morning was my first disc of meso 3, chest and back. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on PC Week 2 Bench and NE abs, PC Week 2 Deadlifts and Rhythmic Step and all of your errands and chores. I find that with workouts that I haven't done in a long time it all comes back to me. I guess it is that muscle memory.

Pam Oh yeah did I ever get DOMS after that leg workout. Sometimes a break is just as important as working out. Good work on M3 Chest and Back.

So Saturday morning I went dragon boating, it was a really nice morning for it. Then we went out to my parents and did the yard work for them. Sunday I did yoga and then had my parents and brother over for Father's Day lunch. This morning I did M1W2D4 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps and then got some yard work done.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.