Strength in Numbers

This morning my back was feeling better. Not 100% but much better than I expected. I did XTrain Legs. Even though I got to sleep in an hour since I am working from home for Ozzie’s chemo day I was struggling to get going. My legs felt heavy and just didn’t want to move. Cathe would give a cue and it would take me a few extra seconds to figure out what she meant. Like wait what is a lunge again. Good thing tomorrow is my rest day. I think my brain needs it.

Pam So glad you had a great time in NY! Sounds like the weather was mostly beautiful to do a bunch of walking around and sightseeing. Oh poor Lenny. Yes it is heartbreaking when they are sick. I am glad he is still playful that is a good sign. Great job on 30/30 and MB abs!

Cheryl Well that is a bummer that you haven’t gotten the results for your dad yet. Great job on TB, housework, and laundry. That’s great you did well in the regatta with such short time being together. Sometimes it can take a while to become a team but it looks like you guys are coming along well. Great job on PS CST!

Have a great day!

Julie Glad that your back was doing better. I have days like that too where it is hard to get going and your legs feel heavy and do not want to move. Good for you in getting through XTrain Legs. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

This morning I did the first 3 rounds of Tabatacize and then I tacked on Long and Lean one of the workouts that came with the fit tower. Tonight was dragon boating. It rained really hard last night so we had to bail the boat out. When we were done and getting the boat untied my coach said that he heard so noise. It was a fish that somehow got into the boat. Either he jumped in or a seagull dropped him and he landed in our boat. We let him go and I am sure he was pretty happy about being back out in the ocean again.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

I wrote this yesterday but never hit the button to post it!

Cheryl
Great job TB and your housework and laundry and dragon boating. That is great that your team did well in the regatta and I'm glad you had fun despite getting soaked! Great job on PS CST also. I hope that your dad gets good news, but prostate and bone cancer certainly don't sound good :-(.

Julie I'm glad to hear that your back is feeling better and great job doing XTrain legs. It definitely sounds like you are due for a rest though! Great job of making it through in a haze!

I ended up getting an antibiotic for Lenny yesterday because he was getting pretty sluggish by the end of the day. He was still trying to play, but you could tell he did't have much energy and just didn't feel well. He had the first dose yesterday afternoon and this morning he was like a different kitten. Back to his normal level of energy and activity. Still a little sneezy, but much better than he was. Of course since they are all together all of the time I have to treat them all, but at least it's only 2x a day for 3 days. This morning my workout was D13 Chest, shoulders and triceps. It felt pretty good, although I did have to go a little lighter on the second two sets of overhead presses. We just had our upstairs ac fixed 2 weeks ago and now it isn't working again :mad: The guy is coming this afternoon, but I'm afraid we are going to have to put in a new unit. Ugh. Have a great day!

Pam

Cheryl. Great job on tabatacise and long and lean! That is prettt funny about finding a fish in the boat!

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible head ache and sore throats and now I have a full on cold, so decided that today will be a rest day. At the moment I'm just resting I bed! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Too funny about writing your post but not hitting the post reply button :D. I am happy that Lenny is getting better. Ummm did Lenny give you his cold :p. Good work on D13 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Bummer about your AC, hopefully you don't need a new unit.

This morning I did PS Back and Biceps. Then it was grocery shopping and then we went to the mall to get a few things we need for Hawaii. However while we were there the fire bell went off so we had to evacuate the mall. It ended up being a false alarm but DH didn't want to go back in so we just went home. We ended up not getting anything so we now have to go back. Tonight was dragon boating. The tide was really out and there was a heron in the water fishing where we moor our boat. We saw him get a fish and then hoped it wasn't the fish we saved yesterday. We also had a bear in our complex this morning. I didn't see him but he hung around for a while.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Yesterday was my rest day and it got crazy at work so I didn’t get a chance to post. Ozzie was doing well yesterday after his chemo. It is always a few days after chemo that he starts to have digestive troubles. Last night I noticed him having diarrhea outside so I was hopefully able to catch it early enough and give him medicine. Hopefully I won’t come home to surprises tonight. My back is feeling almost 100% back to normal and I was able to do STS M2D17 Legs this morning. As always, love the legs workouts and especially Meso 2!

Cheryl Great job on 3 rounds of Tabatacise and Long & Lean! Oh my that is a funny story about the fish getting in the boat. Good thing you could get to it in time to save it. I am sure he swam away super happy. Great job on PS Back and Biceps! That would put a damper in your shopping having to evacuate for a false alarm. I would probably just want to go home too. I hope it wasn’t the fish you saved too. That would be sad for him but I guess that is the fate of wildlife. I love hearing your tales about the wildlife in your area. I just can’t imagine a bear so close.

Pam I am glad you got Lenny some antibiotics and he seems to be doing so much better. Great job on D13 CST! OH Presses are so hard for me and I feel so weak especially when they are done after all the chest work which works the shoulders too. Oh that is a bummer about the ac. Oh no, did Lenny share his cold with you! I hope it doesn’t last long. Nothing like being sick in the summer.

Have a great day!

Cheryl That's funny, my DH said that maybe Lenny gave me his cold too. He is doing much better than I am now though o_O The problem with the ac was a different one than last time and luckily he was able to fix it and it wasn't as expensive. I told him I was glad because we didn't want roast kitten! Great job on PS Back and biceps. That would be a pain having to evacuate, but I'm not sure I would want to go back either! That's funny about hoping the heron didn't get the fish that you had saved, hopefully it was a different victim! I can't believe how close bears come to you, that would be scary for me!

Julie Oh, I hope that you don't have any surprises after work today either. I'm glad that your back is almost back to normal, great job on M2D17. I just did the first M2 leg workout this morning. I had forgotten about the trusts, I love them! Too funny that everyone is asking if Lenny gave me his cold. I'm pretty sure you can't catch colds from cats, but you never know! I am not happy about it in any case.

This morning I was still feeling bad, but I got a much better sleep so I decided to go ahead and give a workout a try. There was no way I was going to do cardio, especially since it was CCC cardio drills only on the calendar, so I went to the M2D14 legs instead. It went ok weight wise, but I felt like I couldn't catch my breath the whole time. It probably wasn't my best decision, but I made it through. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I hope Ozzie didn't leave you any surprises today. I am glad that your back is almost 100%. Good job on STS M2D17 Legs. The leg work in meso 2 is my favorite too.

Pam I am glad that the guy could fix your ac for you so you won't have roast kitten. I don't blame you for not wanting to do CCC cardio drills. Good for you in making it through M2D14 Legs.

This morning I did PRS#1. Then we went out to my parents to help them pick up some hanging baskets and then we mowed their lawn. Here is a picture of the bear that was wandering around our complex yesterday.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Attachments

• Bear.jpg
    Bear.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This morning I did Ride. The weather is crazy today. Yesterday when I left work it was 90 degrees. This morning on my drive in it was 50 with a high of 58 today. Are we skipping summer and going right into Fall? So crazy but I am glad it is the weekend. I was hoping to prep my deck for staining by stripping the paint and cleaning it tomorrow but it is supposed to rain. Maybe I can fit in between raindrops. So far Ozzie is still doing good so that is exciting!

Pam Great job for getting through D14 with not feeling well. Weights are easier to adjust when you aren’t feeling well more so than cardio. I find spinning is a good option too because you can really adjust the intensity to your energy level. I hope you get to feeling better.

Cheryl Great job on PRS2! What a cute bear! I am sure it is not something you would walk up to though and want to hug and pet.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on PRS 1. That looks like a big bear to me, not something I would want to mess around with!

Julie Great job on Ride! Well, it sounds like you had summer, you said it was 90 yesterday, right? ;)
It's been crazy like that here too. It was in the 90s most of the week, but is supposed to be cooler this weekend. I was hoping for a warm weekend because we haven't gotten to ski yet, but I'm not sure if we will be able to this weekend either. I hope you are able to get your deck stripped. So glad to hear that Ozzie is still doing well!

This morning I was feeling quite a bit better so I decided to give cardio a try. Step Moves was on the calendar and it is a good lower intensity one. It went just fine, no breathlessness at all. After that I did NE abs. I hope everyone has a great day, Happy Friday!

Pam

Julie Great job on Ride. It seems like it is crazy weather everywhere. I hope you can get your deck prepped for staining this weekend. I am happy to hear that Ozzie is doing well too. No you wouldn't want to walk up to him that is for sure, they are cute from a distance though.

Pam No he was just a young bear not really big. Glad that you were feeling better. Get work on Step Moves and NE abs.

This morning I did TTM. Wow I haven't done that one in a long time and it seemed like a brand new workout. I am still getting my stamina back for high impact after breaking my toe so I had some problems with some of the higher impact moves. I just did jacks to substitute. Then I got the housework and laundry done and then pressure washed the side walk and patio and all the chair and tables so we can now use them. It is suppose to be really nice for us this weekend. I hope they are right because I am really tired of constant rain.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Saturday I did STS M2W3 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Biceps. I really went heavy on Chest and Biceps and made it through. I was proud because my biceps are usually pitiful. After that DH and I went to my parents for a family get together for a few hours. After that, we went to the neighbor’s for a graduation party. DH wanted to stay rally late but I left at 10 as that was enough for me. I was exhausted. Sunday I did my own heavy legs and STS M2W3 Back. Just as I got to the last back exercise the electricity went out so I just did it on my own. We didn’t get our deck cleaned this weekend like we wanted to but hopefully we can do it this coming weekend. So hard to plan when you just don’t know what the weather will do.

Pam Great job on Step Moves and NE abs! So glad you were feeling up to not only doing cardio but also adding on abs. I hope you got a warm weekend so you could ski. I know it is only May so hopefully the weather gets better. I am just being impatient.

Cheryl Great job on TTM! That was good to sub jacks for some of the higher impact moves. Definitely want to ease back into high impact after a broken toe. Sounds like you got a lot done so you could enjoy the weekend. Hope you got great weather!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on M2W3 Chest, shoulders, triceps and biceps and going so heavy! Wow, you had a busy day. 10 is usually my bedtime, so that is about when I am ready to call it a night most nights. Great job on M2W3 back. It sounds like your timing was almost perfect with the power going out. Sorry you weren't able to get your deck cleaned but hopefully the weather will cooperate this coming weekend. We had a really warm day Saturday, but DH played golf so no skiing. It was a lot cooler Sunday so we didn't feel like going.

Saturday I did M2W1 Back and Biceps, then did some work around the house and got ready for a cookout with the neighbors that night. I took Sunday as a rest day and didn't do a lot. I went to a local art fair and walked around, and came home and made homemade pasta for dinner. I got a new pasta press attachment for my Kitchenaid for my birthday so had been wanting to try it out. It was great! This morning was supposed to be Hiit pyramid, but I decided to sub Intensity instead. I'm not sure what I was thinking, it was tough to get through since I am still recovering from my cold, but I made it. It felt like it was about 2 hours long though! After that I did the stability ball ab bonus from butts and guts. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on STS M2W3 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps and going really heavy on Chest and Biceps. 10 is my bedtime too, I just have a really hard time staying up later. Good work on STS M2W3 back too. Too bad that you didn't get the deck cleaned but maybe next weekend the weather will be better.

Pam Good work on M2W1 Back and Biceps and enjoying your rest day. Great work on Intensity after recovering from your cold and the stability ball ab bonus from butts and guts.

Saturday I went dragon boating and we finally had a really nice day. I was glad that we were out early because it was starting to get really busy on the water. Sunday I did Yoga Relax and this morning it was S&S PHA Training.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I realized I forgot to say what I did on Monday. I am still working out in the mornings and Monday morning I did Cardio Kicks. So much fun as always and love the guys getting some attention at the end. This morning I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body. I was glad it was a lighter workout because Tuesdays always seem so hard for me.

Pam Great job on M2W1 Back and Biceps and housework! Sounds like you had a nice laid back weekend. Wow Intensity is quite the sub for DWP! You are amazing for giving it a go. Glad you survived! Plus you added on SB abs from B&G! You are a trooper. I would have just stopped at Intensity but you know me and my not so much love for ab work. I’m usually in bed by 9 on the weekends so staying out till 10 was wild for me.

Cheryl So glad you had a really nice day to go dragon boating and you were able to get out before it got too crowded! Great job on YR and PHAT! As I was telling Pam, staying up past 9 on the weekends is crazy for me. I’m usually dead and heading to bed around 8:30 and passed out by 9.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job dragon boating. So glad that you had a nice day finally too. Hopefully the nice weather will stick around for awhile now. Great job on YR and PHAT too! I hope you had a great birthday!

Julie Great job on cardio kicks. Hopefully having such a fun workout to do made it a little easier getting up so early on a Monday! Great job on CLB too! Well you really were a party animal last weekend then! :p

This morning for me was M2D16 Chest, shoulders, and triceps. I think I am going to be sore tomorrow! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on Cardio Kicks, that is a fun one to do and ICE Chiseled Lower Body this morning. When I worked I had a hard time trying to stay awake past 9pm too. Even with being retired for almost two years now I sometimes still have a hard time staying up late. I am usually up by 6am every morning, I just can't seem to be able to sleep in.

Pam Good job on M2D16 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I hope you aren't too sore tomorrow.

This morning I did Hiit 30/30 and STS Stability Ball Abs. I really have a hard time with those pikes. In the afternoon I went for a walk which is something I haven't had a chance to do for a long time because of all the rain. Tonight we were suppose to go dragon boating but the wind really kicked up so it was too windy to go out. Bummer I was really looking forward to it.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning was my rest day and I got to sleep in a little which was nice. Ozzie got sick in the middle of the night so after getting to sleep in, I got to clean up a mess he left in the living room carpet. As I was running the spot bot for the sixth time, I was thinking how nice it would be to have hard wood or ceramic floors. The clean up would be so much easier.

Pam Great job on M2D16 CST! I hope you can lift your arms today. How are the kitties doing? Have they all met each other yet?

Cheryl Great job on HiiT 30/30 and SB abs! Glad you were able to get a walk in. I wish it would stop raining so I could take the dogs for a walk in the afternoon. That was going to be one of the perks of switching my workouts to the am. Bummer on not being able to go dragon boating but better safe than sorry.

Have a great day!

[ B]Cheryl[/B] I'm surprisingly not really sore at all today. Strange how that works. Great job on 30/30 and stability ball abs. Those pikes are really hard. That is great that you got to go for a walk but a bummer that you didn't get to go dragon boating!

Julie Oh boy, poor Ozzie. I think even when you have hard wood or tile, they usually seek out a rug or carpeted area to get sick. At least that is how my cats are! As I was telling Cheryl, I'm surprised that I am really not sore today. I really thought I would be. The kitties are doing great. The 4 kittens are all living together, but I'm still keeping them separated from my 2 cats,. They do escape and run downstairs occasionally, but they don't get to stay long. The few times that Fritz has seen them he has gotten really freaked out. It's getting harder and harder to keep them contained though.

This morning was Athletic Step and yoga abs. I can't do all of those pike crocodile combo things that she does at the end of that one, so I just held some version of a plank the whole time instead of trying like I usually do. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Julie I agree with what Pam said they usually just go to an area carpet to get sick on. I don't know why they can't get sick on the tile floor instead of the carpet. I hope the rain stops for you soon.

Pam It is strange that you aren't sore when you think you will be and you are sore when you think it was an easy weight day :confused:. Great job on Athletic Step and Yoga Abs. The crocodile combo things are hard, good for you in doing a version of a plank instead.

This morning I did S&S RUUB. Then I went to my parents and cut their lawn, weed wacked and then did some weeding. Tonight I went dragon boating with my other team. It was a much nicer night than yesterday.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.