Strength in Numbers

CherylKeeping my fingers crossed that the new litter box is doing the trick. No little piles in the wrong places so far today at least. I did catch Squeaky about to go in the corner and I picked her up and got her in the litter box in time. I'm really hoping that they get over trying to climb me soon! Great job on XTrain CBS and dragon boating. Wow, a regatta already, that should be fun. Great job on ICE TTMLG I haven;'t even tried that one yet.

Julie OH I'm glad to hear that Ozzie is doing better with the chemo this time. That is interesting that it is different every time. Oh boy, I love my morning workouts, but I'm to sure I could do the 3:30 thing! The earliest I ever had to do was 4:30 when the kids were in school and that was hard enough. I always took Wednesday as my rest day then so I would get a day to sleep a little later during the week. Great job getting up and getting TBGS, you are amazing! My DH loves painting too, me, not so much. I'm not sure if I am going to paint or if he is, but I at least have it all ready to go.

This morning was Athletic Step. Another fun one that I hadn't done in awhile. I used to pretty much know it, but I messed up a few times because it had been so long. After that was weights and plates abs. Another tough ab work, but I made it through. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I am happy to hear that Ozzie's chemo treatment went well and he is doing better that the last time. Wow 3:30 is early and I seem to remember that you used to get up that early to workout. Good work in doing TBGS. At least you get it done and there isn't anything else later in the day that will get in your way. It doesn't really feel like May here either, hopefully the weather will improve for both of us.

Pam My fingers are crossed for you that the new litter box works. Great job on Athletic Step.

This morning I did Cardio Slam. It has been a while since I have done anything with high impact. I decided to do the premix that also had the modifications just in case I needed them. I did quite well I only had to modify 3 times. After that we went out to my parents to cut their lawn and do some gardening for them. They get back from Hawaii on Saturday so we wanted the place to look nice for them. It was a really nice day which was a shocker with all the rain we have had. We are getting thunderstorms tonight coming up from the south. Janie is probably dealing with the rain and thunder right now.

May the 4th be with you :D.

Cheryl

This morning I did Cycle Max. So happy it is the weekend. DH and I have some cleaning up to do this weekend in the garage so hopefully it is nice outside. Supposed to only be in the high 50s so might be a little chilly for me. I am ready for warmer temps but it is just not happening and it is making it hard to feel like it is really May.

Pam Great job on Athletic Step + W&P Abs! I love how you can take a long time off from doing a step workout and most of it still comes back to you in your memory. That is my plan to take Wednesdays as a rest day. I’m hoping that helps.

Cheryl Great job on Cardio Slam! Yea! That is so great that you only had to modify 3 times. That is so nice that you are getting your parents house all ready for them for when they get back. Yes, a few years ago before I switched to afternoon workouts, I was getting up at 3:30 so the time is not really new to me just revisited. That is primarily why I switched. I kept having to work late and missing my workouts.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job n Cardio Slam and only having to modify 3 times. How nice of you to make sure that your parents place looks nice for them when they get home. Have you heard from them? Are they having a great time? I'm glad to hear that you finally got a nice day as well. And May the 4th be with you as well.

Julie Great job on cycle max, I hope you get some nice weather for your clean up this weekend.

This morning for me was M1D12 legs and my last Meso 1 workout. I'm looking forward to my active recovery week next week. We are off to the beach for the weekend. I really can't wait for a weekend at home with no plans. We are gone next weekend too, but after that having nothing planned for awhile. Have a great weekend!

Pam

Julie Great job on Cycle Max. Enjoy your weekend and hopefully you get some good weather. I can relate with wanting warmer temps. We are the same as you it doesn't feel like May at all.

Pam We only heard from them the first day in Hawaii with a short email saying that they were there. Wifi is too expensive on the boat. They arrive home tomorrow morning and my brother will pick them up. Good work on M2D12 Legs. Enjoy your weekend at the beach.

This morning was XTrain Bis and Tris and core 2. After that our friend called and needed me to walk their dog Lucy because he couldn't make it home between jobs to take her out for her poop. So I went and got her but she didn't want to poop, she just peed and then wanted to come to our place for a treat. Then she didn't want to leave because it was raining so I let her stay for a while until she let me know that she was ready to poop for me. She is such a funny dog and when she digs in her heels and doesn't want to do something there is no way you can budge her :rolleyes:.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Boy this weekend flew by. We did have pretty decent weather. A little windy but other than that not too bad. Saturday I did STS M2 W1 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Biceps. Then DH and I cleaned the house, ran some errands, and visited with the neighbor for a little while. Sunday morning I did my own heavy leg workout and then added on STS M2 W1 Back. After that I binge watched TV for a little while and then DH and I took the dogs for walk. This morning I did ICE Rock’m Sock’m. It was a nice one for a Monday morning while I still get used to early morning workouts.

Pam Great job on M1D12 Legs! Hope you enjoyed the beach. I understand about wanting a weekend with no plans. Our next 3 weekends are booked with plans. I can’t wait until June when we might get a break.

Cheryl Great job on XTrain Bis & Tris + core 2! That is too cute about Lucy! They can definitely be stubborn buggers some times. I hope you had a great regatta this weekend!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Xtrain Bis and Tris and core 2. That is pretty funny about Lucy, it sounds like she definitely has a mind of her own.

Julie I'm glad to hear that you had decent weather for the weekend. It was really really windy here too. Great boon STS M2 CSTB, heavy legs, and back. Great job on Rock em Sock em too.

This morning was my first active recovery day so I did S&S cardio Slam and then the abs from Muscle endurance. I like the format of cardio slam a lot with the low impact intervals mixed in to give a little break. We had a nice time at the beach but it was a little cool and very windy. On Saturday the guys played golf so the ladies went out for lunch, went shopping, and then we had a long walk on the beach. Sunday was a little warmer so we were able to sit on the beach. The kittens had quite the weekend too! Ashley came home on Saturday and Carl and Eric also came toning out and play with the kittens. Plus our neighbors sons came over several times to play with them and brought a friend over too. I think they were worn out. It is looking like Eric might take one of the kittens and Carl might take one :D Our neighbors daughter has been working on her mother for one, but they already have two cats so I don't think anything will happen there. AND, we got a full price offer on my mom's house!!! :) Very exciting! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I am glad that you got some decent weather this weekend. Great job on STS M2W1 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps all your housework, your heavy leg workout and STS M2W1 Back and Rock'm Sock'm.

Pam Good work on Cardio Slam and abs from Muscle Endurance. I like the format of that one too. Sounds like you had a great time at the beach. That is great that Carl and Eric are thinking of taking a kitten each. Awesome to get your asking price for your mom's house too.

So Saturday was our regatta. It was pouring rain when we left in the morning but we could see the sky clearing over Vancouver. So by the time we got there it was nicer though a bit cold. We didn't do well at all. But quite a few of the crew from last year couldn't come back for whatever reason so we have a lot of new people who have never done this before. So I guess for a boat of mostly newbies we did fine. U2 is here in Vancouver rehearsing for their Joshua Tree tour and the stadium was right beside where our regatta was. I was hoping that we could here them rehearsing while we were there but no luck. I guess they took Saturday off. Sunday I did segments 1 and 2 of stretch max and this morning I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps and added on STS med ball abs.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Great Glutes. The last section should really be called Holy Glutes on Fire because they were burning. I have a really long day today. I have a class that goes until 5 which is almost 2 hours past my normal end time at work. Ugh! Hopefully I stay awake the whole time.

Pam Great job on Cardio Slam and ME abs! Wow! You and the kittens had a full weekend. That is great that two of the kittens might be getting homes and with someone you know so you can visit if you want. That is so awesome your mom’s house sold and for what you wanted. Can’t get better than that!

Cheryl I’m sorry you didn’t do as good as you had hoped in the regatta but like you said there are a lot of new people which could be why. Maybe the first regatta they just needed to get the nerves out and it will be better next time. Bummer you couldn’t hear U2 playing. Great job on Stretch Max 1 & 2 and GS C&T + MB abs!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Happy to hear that the rain cleared up for your regatta, even though it was cool. Hopefully the new people will get better and better as the season goes on. I was so hoping you were going to say that you could hear U2 rehearsing, that would have been so much fun! Great job on Stretch max, GS Chest and triceps, and med ball abs!

Julie Great job on GG. That is funny, Holy gluten on fire! I will remember that the next time I do that one! Oh yuck, I hope that your class goes by quickly and you don't get too tired!!

This morning I did Rhythmic Step. I do that one a lot, but I was't feeling creative about picking out a workout. It's looking like a cool, wet, dreary day here today, yuck. It's May and I had to turn on the heat this morning :(:(What is going on with this crazy weather?! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Great Glutes. I hope your day goes by fast and you don't fall asleep in your class.

Pam Good work on Rhythmic Step. We are having the same weather as you, rainy and dreary. I hope it clears up for you.

This morning I did Hard Strikes. Then we went out to my parents place and mowed the lawn and pulled weeds. Tonight I went dragon boating. I think I will sleep well tonight.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning was my rest day so I tried to sleep in. Ozzie kept getting out of the bed and coming back in. Found out after my shower it was because he kept throwing up in the living room. I got to clean up 5 piles of puke this morning before leaving for work. I think it was the chemo pills I had to give him last night. He didn’t want to eat but I had to try to get an anti-nausea pill down him so I had to shove it down his throat. Poor guy.

Pam Great job on RS! We had a gorgeous day yesterday and today is supposed to be nice too but then storms are bringing in cooler weather for Thursday and Friday. Hopefully not too cool though.

Cheryl Great job on HS! You had quite the busy day with all the yard work and dragon boating on top of your workout. I hope you did sleep well after all that you deserved it!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on hard strikes, all the yard work at your parents, and dragon boating! I bet you did sleep well, you certainly earned it.

Julie Oh no, poor Ozzie. I hope he is feeling better tonight. That is not the kind of surprise you want, especially when you are leaving for work!

This morning for me was Body Max step
And power circuits. I seem to be in the mood to visit my favorites this week. I had a hair appt this morning and now
I'm being lazy and hanging by the pool. Have a great day!

Pam

This morning I did STS M2 D14 Legs. I love all the leg workouts in STS but something about these trisets makes me smile. That is until we get to the calf raises. Yuck! I hate working my calves. I did it but seriously considered skipping them. I had my dad check on Ozzie during the day yesterday and he was doing much better. No puke this morning but he did leave us another kind of smelly surprise. Luckily he did it on the ceramic tile which is much easier to clean up than on carpet.

Pam Great job on Body Max step and power circuits! Being lazy by the pool sounds like a wonderful thing to do. Seems like you are taking to retirement very well!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on D14 legs, it's always a bonus when your workout brings a smile to your face. I'm looking forward to starting M2 next week. I'm glad to hear that Ozzie is doing bettter, although your smelly surprise doesn't sound like much fun either. It was thoughtful of him to do it on the tile at least though :). I don't mind working my calves when I'm doing it, but boy I hate the pain the next day! I actually am struggling a bit with the just relaxing thing, I feel guilty about it and feel like I should be doing something productive. Yesterday my DH yelled at me because I was getting ready to clean windows. He'd told me I needed to just go relax, so that's what I did. :rolleyes:

This morning I did Power max, another of my favorite step workouts, and the abs from LIC. We are leaving for New York this afternoon, so that will be my last structured workout until Monday. I was worried about leaving for the weekend because of the kittens. Nala was sick at the beginning of the week and throwing up a lot. She was still eating fine, but didn't want to do anything but sleep. I'm pretty sure it was a reaction to the medicine that she was taking though. She is no longer taking it and is back to her normal playful self with no vomiting. Then Lenny was sneezy and his eyes and nose were all runny on Tuesday, but he is doing much better now too. So much worrying over these little guys. Our neighbors kids are taking care of them when we are gone, so it's a big relief that they are all healthy. Have a great weekend.

Pam

Julie Poor Ozzie I hope he is feeling better. Chemo isn't fun for anyone.

Pam Good work on Body Max Step and Power Circuits. I hope you enjoyed your lazy day.

Julie Great job on M2D14 Legs. Those calf raises always make my calves ache the next day. Well at least Ozzie was considerate enough to leave you a surprise on the ceramic tile.

Pam Way to go on Power Max and the abs from LIC. I am sure the kittens are in good hands but it is funny how we always worry about them anyway. Enjoy your trip to New York.

So yesterday morning I did Gym Styles Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I also ordered the new Fit Tower and it came so I put it together yesterday afternoon. I have always wanted it but before when I had to have it shipped from the States it was just too expensive. The shipping and duty would be more than what I paid for the tower. It is so much better and cheaper to finally have a Canadian distributor. Last night I went dragon boating and then when I got home DH was watching the hockey game so I did that too instead of going onto the computer. This morning I did the Fit Tower Lean and Mean workout. It is short and not too tough but it was what I needed today. I needed to drive my parents into the cancer clinic in Vancouver this morning as they can't deal with the traffic anymore. My dad has prostate and bone cancer and he may have another tumor that they wanted to check out.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

This morning I did Pedal Power Scrambled. I really love that one. The last song before the cooldown is my favorite so I am pretty excited the whole workout knowing what is coming at the end. Last night I came home to poor Ozzie having left me 3 piles of diarrhea. Poor guy! I gave him medicine last night and this morning so hopefully he can make it till I get home.

Pam Great job on Power Max and LIC abs! Yep my calves are talking to me today. I agree with DH. You worked hard for many years, you can relax now. You will get into a groove where you balance relaxing and getting things done I am sure but for now enjoy the extended vacation. Poor kitties! I am glad they are doing better and that you have someone you can trust to watch them while you are gone. Enjoy your weekend in NYC!

Cheryl Great job on GS BSB! That is so awesome you got a Fit Tower! I have the original and while I don’t use it often it comes in handy when I need it. I ordered the advanced Fit Tower workouts so hopefully I will get more use out of my tower with those. Great job on FT Lean & Mean! It is nice to have the shorter or less intense workouts for some days. Yes this chemo is certainly no fun. I'm just glad he still has his energy and wants to play even with all the digestive problems. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you get good news.

Have a great weekend!

Saturday I woke up early and got STS M2W2 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Biceps done. After that, DH and I went to Lowe’s to get stuff to stain our deck. Now we need to find some time to clean it and stain it when it will be dry and clear weather-wise. After that, I met my sister and mom for some Mother’s Day shopping and then we had a late lunch/early dinner. Sunday I did my own heavy legs and STS M2W2 Back. After that I was lazy and watched Netflix. I think I tweaked my lower back doing the one leg deadlifts yesterday. Gonna be moving gently for a few days. I did get Rockout Knockout done this morning.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on GS BSB, dragon boating, and lean and mean. It is nice that they got a Canadian distributor so that you didn't have to pay a fortune for shipping. Oh no, so sorry to hear that about your dad. Has he gotten his results back yet? Hoping for good news for him!

Julie Great job on PP. Oh poor Ozzie! I know it's no fun coming his to those surprises, but you sure do feel bad for the little guys, don't you? Great job on M2W2 CSTB, heavy legs, and M2W2 Back! I hope that your back is doing better soon, do take it easy.Great job on RK too. How was the first week of morning workouts?

We had a lot of fun in NY. The first night we got there and met some friends for dinner that live in the city, it was so much fun to see them.On Friday we went to the 911 museum in the morning. It is really well done and we were there for 3 1/2 hours. After that we walked over the Brooklyn bridge, then did some walking around because it was a beautiful day. Saturday it rained all day, it we had a matinee that afternoon so it was a good day for it to be ugly. Hamilton was fantastic and the kids were so excited about it which was really fun. It was still ugly out, so we just got an early dinner and then went back to our place and played cards afterwards. I was happy to get home yesterday though. Poor little Lenny is really really congested, I am feeling so bad for him. I cleaned off his nose really well when we got home yesterday and sat in the bathroom with the shower running on hot to clear his nose out a bit and it seemed to help. He seems a little better this morning, but is still pretty congested. He is still eating well and playing though, so that is encouraging. Last night we had my mom, sister, brother, and sil over for Mother's Day dinner. This morning I did 30/30 and med ball abs. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Pedal Power Scrambled. Poor Ozzie, that is frustrating and I am sure he wasn't happy about it either. I hope he is doing better. I have always wanted the fit tower but before the shipping and duty would cost more than the tower itself so it didn't make sense to order it. I preordered the new workouts too and I am looking forward to them. Good work on STS M2W2 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps and STS M2W2 Back and Rockout Knockout. I hope your back is doing better. I really have to be careful when I do deadlifts.

Pam I am glad that you had fun in NYC. I would love to go there sometime to check it out. I heard that Hamilton was a really good play. I hope Lenny is feeling better. Great work on 30/30.

So my dad hasn't received the results of his test yet, he does have prostate and bone cancer and hopefully this test will come back clear for something else. So Friday I did Turbo Barre and then got the housework and laundry done. Saturday I went dragon boating in the morning, met up with friends for lunch and then went to my brother's for a mother's day dinner. Sunday I had another dragon boat regatta with my second team. We did really well considering we have only been practicing for about 4 weeks together. I did pour rain while we were there so everyone was totally soaked but we had fun. This morning I did PS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.