Strength in Numbers

Last night I was able to work on my deck for about 40 minutes before it started raining. Came in, took a shower, and then the sun came out. I think Mother Nature is messing with me. This morning I did Legs & Glutes. I was really dragging and had to pause a few times but I made it through.

Pam That is great that you took the whole weekend off. It sounds like it was busy but fun. Great job on M3D1 for C&B.

Cheryl So glad you had a nice weekend and got some dragon boating in and got the yard work done for your parents. Great jo bon yoga and M1W2D4 CSBis and more yard work.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I hope your legs are feeling better! Great job on dragon boating, yard work at your parents, and D4 CSB!

Julie Oh you must have been so mad when the sun came out right after your shower. Maybe that is just mother nature telling you that you need a break?! Great job making it through legs and glutes when you weren't feeling it!

This morning I had to take the kittens to the vet for all of their shots and to get fixed. :oops: My DH is already talking about maybe keeping one of them though:rolleyes: I was supposed to do DWP this morning, but I subbed in Tabatacise and core 1 instead. I started with the premix for rounds 1-3 with core 1, but when I got throuh the 3 rounds I decided to do the other two too. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I was able to get an hour and a half of sanding done on my deck! So exciting. It looked like it was going to rain towards the end but it didn’t. This morning was my rest day so I slept in an hour and a half. That felt really nice.

Pam Great job on subbing in Tabatacise and core 1 and doing more rounds than your originally set out to do! Doesn’t it feel nice when you have that feeling you can do more. Poor kitties. Do they have to stay overnight?

Have a great day!

Julie That is great that you were able to get so much sanding time in last night. Oh and that extra hour and a half of sleep must have been heavenly!

The kittens got home from the vet last night and you would never have known they had just had surgery. They were charging around as crazy as usual o_O I also got two more kittens yesterday. These were both feral though and so far I haven't been able to coax them out from under the bed. I am keeping them in Ashley's bedroom to keep the other cats any from them. Hopefully I will be able to get them to start coming out. Tho is morning was M3D26 plyo legs. Love the plyo leg workouts, but half the 1/2 turn jumps! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie So nice that the rain held off for a bit so you could get a bit more sanding done. I think Mother Nature likes to mess around with us from time to time, keeps us on our toes. Good work on Legs and Glutes.

Pam My legs are doing better but we will see after I work them again on Friday. That would be nice to have a kitten running around your place. I bet you would miss them when they all get adopted out. Great job on Tabatacise and core 1.

Julie That is great that you were able to get more sanding in and that the rain held off for you. I bet sleeping in felt really good this morning.

Pam They did recover fast didn't they. I hope your two new kittens get comfortable enough to come out from under the bed. Sometimes they just need a little bit of time. Great job on M3D26 Plyo Legs.

So yesterday I did HiiT 30/30 and STS Pilates Abs. Then I went out and bought some plants for the back of our place. Last night was dragon boating. The weather is getting nice here so parking is getting crazy and after trying to find parking again tonight I decided that I may just walk down there. It is about a 20 minute walk and it will save the frustration of trying to find somewhere to park. This morning I did M1D5 Back and Triceps.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I got to work on my deck for a little over an hour. I felt a few sprinkles but I am glad I stayed out because I think I was being tricked again. Just the few sprinkles and then nothing. This morning I did Power Conditioning Week 3 Squats.

Pam That is so cute that the kittens bounced back so quickly. Wow 2 more kittens! How many does that make now? Great job on M3D26 Plyo Legs! Those 1/2 turn jumps are tough. I can never do as many as Cathe or as fast.

Cheryl Great job on 30/30 and Pilates Abs! Oh that sounds like a good plan to walk instead of driving. It doesn’t seem like it is that far and walking is great. Great job on M1D5 Back and Triceps! You and Pam hitting these STS workouts is making me jealous.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I am definitely going to miss the kittens. I'm already getting sad thinking about it! I was able to get one of the new kittens to sit in my lap purring for a little while yesterday and this morning, The other one came out and was playing a little bit, but gets really nervous if I touch her/him.

Julie Good for you for not letting Mother Nature trick you again! ;) Great job on PC Squats. I'm up to 6 kittens now, so definitely need to get some adopted! They said that the new ones were about 8 weeks old, but I think they are younger than that based on their size. I do all of the 1/2 turn jumps, but by the end they are more like 1/4 turns!

This morning was supposed to be MMA Fusion, but I subbed Hard Strikes instead. I was going to add on some abs, but my abs were talking to me during the su/pu section, so I decided they didn't need any more today. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good for you in getting more work done on your deck and not falling for Mother Nature's little rain trick again. Great job on PC Week 3 Squats.

Pam That is so nice that one of the kittens is already purring in your lap. The other one probably just needs a little more time to get used to you. Good job on Hard Strikes. I remember that I added on abs after that one and said to myself what were you thinking :rolleyes:.

This morning was Imax 2 and Pam's favorite jennie hops :p. Then I got the laundry and housework done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

So I decided last minute Thursday night to take Friday off which is why I didn’t get a chance to post. Friday I did do Power Conditioning Bench plus SJP abs. After that I did some stuff around the house and then I went out and did the last round of chemical stripper on the deck. Saturday I did PC Deadlift and then DH and I spent about 4.5 hours sanding the deck. No we are not done. :( I wish I could say we are close but we only got one quarter of the railings done. It is looking nice and the wood is so smooth now. Sunday I did Cycle Sweat and then I was lazy the rest of the day. This morning I did Athletic Step.

Pam Great job on HS! I think your abs get worked a lot during that su/pu combo.

Cheryl Great job on Imax 2 and all those Jeannie Hops! Hope you had another great weather weekend for dragon boating.

Have a great day!

CherylGreat job on IMAX 2 and all 128 Jeannie hops!

JulieGeat job on PC Bench and SJP abs, PC deadlifts and all of that sanding. Sorry to hear that you aren't done yet, it must feel like the never ending job! Great job on CS and AS.

Friday morning was Disc 27 biceps, triceps, and shoulders. Then I had to go pick up a letter from my moms Doctor about when she was diagnosed with dementia so that my brother and I could sign the closing documents for her house. The actual closing isn't until tomorrow morning, but my brother is going to be out of town so we went on Friday afternoon. Saturday I picked up another kitten. Any yi yi. This one is teeny tiny, about 4 weeks old. He is just what the other two needed though. They both came right out to check him out and started playing with him. Then I took the other kitttens to an adoption event at Petsmart. Unfortunately no one got adopted. Saturday Afternoon I did Athletic step and NE abs. Sunday was my rest day, but we did go skiing. I also took the kittens for the adoption event again, but still no adoptions. This morning was D28 chest and back. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Nice that you took Friday off. Great job on PC Bench and SJP abs and PC deadlift, Cycle Sweat and Athletic Step. Wow the work on your deck seems never ending but I bet in the end you will be so happy with the results.

Pam Great job on Disc 26 biceps, triceps and shoulders, Athletic Step and NE abs and D28 Chest and back. That is so nice that the other two kittens came out to check out your new one. Sorry that your other kittens were not adopted though.

So Friday I did M1D6 Legs and then we went out to my parents to to their yard work for them. Saturday I went dragon boating and it was a really nice morning for it. Then I went out and bought a new BBQ since our old one bit the dust. The whole afternoon was spent putting it together. The instructions said that it would take 30 minutes, yeah right it took us 3 hours to put it together o_O. Sunday I didn't do much of anything, since it has been so hot here. This morning I did M1D7 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did some cleaning since it had rained during the day and I couldn’t work on my deck. This morning I did Butts & Guts Overall Legs and now I am getting ready to drop Ozzie off for chemo and then work from home. Hoping to get some work done on the deck later tonight.

Pam Great job on D27! I bet it feels great to have your mom’s house closed on. OMG! A teeny tiny kitten, how cute and I love that the other kittens want to play with him. So sad that no kittens got adopted. Great job on AS and NE abs and D28!

Cheryl Great job on D6 and yard work! DH and I are not the greatest do-it-yourselfers so things tend to take us longer than most people (our deck being the perfect example). We would probably be right there with you on the BBQ taking 3 times as long to put together as what the instructions said. Great job on D7!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on M1D6 legs and dragon boating. That is funny about the BBQ taking so much longer to put together. I think all of those instructions tend to lie about timing. Great job o M1D7 too!

Julie Great job on B&G overall legs! Is Ozzie still doing well with the chemo? OMG, it's such a huge relief to have my moms house closed. There were days when I thought this day would never come!

This morning was Hiit 30/30 and it was supposed to be heavy bag bonus from MMA Boxing, but I did Core Ma segment 3 instead. I don't have a heavy bag, and I have done the bonus with no bag before, but it's not the same. This morning my mom was trying to pull off her new cast. :rolleyes: She pulled the insides out from around her thumb, so now she has to go get a patch on the cast. There is always something.... Have a great day!

Pam

Good morning! This morning was D29 plyo legs. It felt a little harder than normal this morning for some reason, but I made it through, even all 30 1/2 turn jumps. Yesterday was a crazy day. My brother went over to check on what was going on with my mom since I had just finished my workout when my sister called. He got her all settled down and got an appointment for a new cast. Then the attorney called to say that the closing on her house couldn't be completed because the power of attorney that I had didn't have a notary stamp on it. The notary had signed and dated it, but didn't stamp it o_O:mad: Luckily she was able to get in touch with the attorney who created it and he had an original copy that he is sending. I don't know why it was never recorded, but it will be once it arrives here. I still won't believe that house is gone until everything is final!! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on Butts and Guts Overall Legs. I hope you got some work done on your deck. We are not do-it-yourselfers either. That is when it is great to have neighbours who do know how to do things to help us out.

Pam Good job on Hiit 30/30 and Core Max Segment 3. I hope that the doctor can fix your mom's cast. Good work on D29 Plyo Legs. Oh man just when you think things are going well something throws a wrench in it. I hope everything worked out with the paperwork and the closing went through.

Yesterday I did MMA Fusion and then we starting trying to organize our basement. There is a lot of stuff down there and it is getting a bit ridicules so that is going to be our project for the next few months. We have made a bit of a dent but there is still a lot that needs to be done. Last night was dragon boating. This morning was M1D8 Back and Triceps and tonight was dragon boating again. I have been walking down there because with the nice weather it is next to impossible to find parking. I am looking at it as more exercise for me :D. And today I received my Fit Tower workouts. I was surprised since they only shipped them on Friday. I think this is the fastest I have ever received anything from Cathe and no duty either.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Yesterday was my rest day so I slept in and it had rained during the day so I didn’t get to work on the deck. This morning I did Week 4 of Power Conditioning Squats. I think I may have plantar fasciitis. My heel has been hurting for a couple of weeks of and on. It seems to hurt the most on Monday and then tends to slowly get better throughout the week up to the weekend.

Pam Great job on 30/30 and Core Max Segment 3! I would love to get a heavy bag but I have no room for one unless DH and I start sleeping in the living room and I convert our bedroom to a 3rd workout room. Oh my! Your mom is bound and determined to not have to wear anything. Do you think it is truly the dementia or also some stubbornness? I know my grandma was severely stubborn about wearing medical devices. Great job on D29 plyo legs and 30 ½ turn jumps! Wow, that stinks about the notary. Not sure how they could forget that piece.

Cheryl Great job on MMA Fusion and the turtle spins!! That sounds like a lot of work to clean out and organize your basement but you will be so happy when it is over. Great job on D8! Walking to dragon boating is an excellent way to get in more exercise. That is crazy fast. I got mine on Tuesday so you got yours one day after me. Wow!

Have a great day!

Cheryl They ended up putting another new cast on my mom, and she has already ripped the thumb part out. We're going to leave it unless things get worse at this point. She has a follow up appointment on Monday so we'll see what they have to say. Great job on MMA Fusion and starting your basement organization. That is how I feel about my attic. I work on it a little bit a time, but it seems like by the net time I get up there it has gotten back to being as bad as ever. Great job on MaD8 and dragon boating and your bonus walk! I am jealous that you are able to walk so many places. Wow, that is super fast for getting your workouts and great that you didn't have to pay duty!

Julie Green job week 4 of PC Squats. Bummer that you didn't get to work on your deck, I know you are anxious to get that done! Oh boy, I hope your heel heals fast! I guess it's worst on Monday because you are on your feet so much over the weekend? You don't think your DH would go for sleeping in the living room so that you can have a heavy bag?! :p I can't imagine why not ;) I think with my mom it's a combination of being very stubborn and the dementia. She is very stubborn about most things and the dementia just makes it worse. I guess the notary only stamps one copy of a document and just signs and dates copies. I thought I had an original copy because it had original signatures. I was a little annoyed though because I took it to the attorney last Friday and she looked at it and said it was what she needed, but I guess she did the same thing I did. Looked at the signatures and saw that they weren't copies. The original arrived today, so hopefully we will get things finalized today.

This morning was supposed to be MMA Kickbox, but I subbed in Kick, Punch and crunch. Then I had a dentist appointment so my teeth are all nice and sparkly clean now. Then I went to see how my mom was doing. She was pretty depressed today, she is so frustrated with that cast, but she just isn't comprehending why she needs too keep it on. I hope those bones heal quickly, but at 86 that isn't very likely. :(Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I got my grocery shopping done and this morning I did Power Conditioning Week 4 Bench. I am hoping to leave early from work today maybe by an hour or so but I also have a lot I need to get done so hopefully I can have a productive day and start the weekend early. It is supposed to rain today but as long as it is sunny tomorrow, I plan to spend it working on the deck.

Pam Great job on KPC! That is a much more fun workout than MMA Kickbox. I love when I get my teeth cleaned and the way they feel when you run your tongue across them. Of course that doesn’t seem to last too long. Oh that is so sad about your mom. I can’t imagine what she is going through let alone what you are going through too. I hope it heals fast too but as you said being older usually means it takes longer.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Nice that you got to sleep in but bummer about the rain and not being able to work on your deck. Great job on PC Squats. I hope you don't have plantar fasciitis. Strange how it seems to be bad on Monday but improve during the week.

Pam That would be hard for both your mom and you with her not understanding why she has a cast on. It would be great if the bones healed quickly but at her age it is not likely. Great job on KPC. Teeth always feel so good after a good cleaning.

Julie Good work on PC Bench and getting all of your grocery shopping done.

Thursday I did PRS #1. In the evening we went with our friends to see Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. It was good but I think I liked the first one better. Today I did M1D8 Legs. We have this place by us called Twist Conditioning and they had an advertisement out for an 8 week shape up for summer program for $150 and they were only taking 10 people. I put in my information and I found out today that I am in for the program. I am really looking forward to this. I will be working out with them 3 days a week from 6am - 7:15 and I will also get a nutritional program as well. Peter Twist who started this company was the conditioning coach for the Vancouver Canucks for quite a few years. I will let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Saturday I did Power Conditioning Week 4 Deadlifts and then DH and I worked on the deck for about 4 ½ hours. We have about 2/3 of the railing and spindles done. I think we will have about 3-4 more Saturdays to work on the sanding before we can stain. Sunday I did Cardio Slam and the bonus abs. There were a couple of weird ab moves that I just stared at the tv wondering what she was doing. I do love the long jump move in CS though. After that, DH and I went to my parents for a get together. This morning I did Pedal Power scrambled. I’m super tired today so I am glad we have tomorrow off work.

Cheryl Great job on PRS 1! I have never seen the first movie but it sounds fun. I like super hero movies. Great job on D8 legs! Oh I am excited to hear about the Twist program. I bet it will be really good. Hockey players have to be in tip top shape.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.