Strength in Numbers

Last night I did 2 rounds of Muscle Meltdown for back and tabata 2 from Tabatacise. Then DH and I did yoga.

Have a great day!

Pam Good job on MM. That is good that they found out what was wrong with your sister and that the antibiotics are working. Way to go on Step Blast and RUUB and the abs from LIC. A spa day sounds like fun. Enjoy the Masters. How exciting to be fostering a litter of kittens. I think that would be fun.

Julie I am happy that Ozzie's lymph nodes have shrunk and he is responding to the chemo. Hopefully it will extend his quality of life.

I didn't workout yesterday morning. I wanted to give my toe a bit of a rest. It is doing a whole lot better and I don't think that I broke it. Last night I went downtown to see Joy McCarthy, she is a holistic nutritionist from Toronto. She did a talk on detoxing. She has a couple of cookbooks out and I really like the recipes in them. Her latest is called Joyous Detox and I got her to sign my copy. This morning I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body. A few of the exercises were a bit awkward because my toe isn't 100% but I didn't have a problem getting through the workout. Then I got the housework done and then did some cooking in the afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night I did STS M1D3 Legs! I loved it. I remember first doing it and it feeling too fast but last night felt great. I felt she went slow and controlled for most of the exercises. The only problem is my left calf started cramping during the second set of calf raises. I think it is because I walked to the dentist and back from work over lunch yesterday and I am not used to walking that much. So happy it is Friday and we are actually supposed to have a nice weekend with 60 and 70 degree sunshiny weather!

Cheryl That is great that your toe is feeling better and you don’t think you broke it. How exciting to get to hear her talk about detoxing and get her to sign a book. I have never heard of her but I like the play on her name with the book title. Great job on ICE CLB. That is what I have one tap for tomorrow is housework. Hoping to get it done early so I can enjoy the nice weather.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Great job on STS M1D3 Legs. Enjoy your nice weekend. I hope you get your housework done early.

This morning I did S&S PHA Training. Then I got the laundry done and then did some more baking.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Today was Slim and Trim with the Fit Tower. It's yet another beginning. But, hey, it needs to be done.

Looks like everything is good except chemo therapies and toes. Hope all gets better.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie I'm glad to hear that Ozzies lymph nodes have shrunk, that is good news! I hope that he continues to do well! Great job on MM for back and tabatacise and yoga. I haven't done any of the mms yet, I need to try them!

Cheryl I'm glad to hear that your toe is better and you didn't break it. That can take so long to heal! That sounds like fun getting your cookbook signed. I haven't heard of her, but the cookbook sounds interesting.

Julie Geat job on Sts M1D3 legs. I haven't done any of the STS discs in awhile, I might need to do another rotation soon. Bummer about your calf starting to cramp though, I hope it is feeling better. How exciting to have a nice warm weekend, I hope you enjoy it!

CherylGreat job on PHA training, laundry and baking!

Janie Great job on slim and trim with the fit tower! How did you like the workout? New beginnings are great, good for you!

I got home late last night from Augusta. It was really fun to be at the Masters. The course is just amazingly beautiful even though the azaleas were already done bloooming. It was sooo windy though, so even though it was in the 60's we got really cold. My DH and his buddy are getting all of the good weather this weekend! I know they are going to have a fantastic time though. This morning I did KPC. I hadn't done it in a long time and it was a nice lighter impact level for me today. Then I got the pool cleaned, it was a mess because we had a big storm and all of the pine pollen is finishing up, so all of the pods from that had fallen. Then I did laundry and got the house back in order and also planted some flowers. It was good to have some time to get the house back in order! I don't have any kittens yet. The ones that I was going to get were pulled by another rescue, so I will have to wait for the next litter. I'm sure I will have some before too long though. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Pam

Janie Way to go with Slim and Trim with the Fit Tower.

Pam You can check out Joyous Detox on Google. To me she has the same outlook on food as the Nourishing Gurus. I am glad that you enjoyed the Masters. Good job on KPC, cleaning the pool, laundry and planting flowers. Too bad that you didn't get the kittens but it is the season where there will be lots of new litters.

Yesterday I went dragon boating in the morning with my team and then again in the afternoon helping out with new people who want to try it out. It looks like we got some people wanting to join the mixed team that trains on Wednesdays. Today I did yoga and it felt so good to stretch my muscles out.

Cheryl

This weekend went by so fast but it was beautiful out so we got to spend some time outside. Saturday I did Burn Sets Chest, Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps. After that, DH and I did a few chores around the house and then we took the dogs to PetSmart to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny. We met my parents there with their dog and went to the dog park with them. We discovered Sheba is a dominant with other females. She kept stalking my mom’s dog and went after her a few times. Sunday I did a heavy legs and back workout and then was pretty much lazy most of the day except taking the dogs up to the park for a little bit.

Cheryl Great job on S&S PHA Training! Glad you got some dragon boating in and that you are finding some new team members for the mixed team. Great job on yoga and stretching your muscles!

Janie What is Slim & Trim? Good for you for getting back at it! How are things with you?

Pam So glad you had a good time at the Masters even if it was a little chilly. Great job on KPC! Wow you did get a lot done. Oh how sad about the kittens but I saw on FB that you have two now so another litter must have showed up.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I ended up getting some kittens on Sunday. Just 2, bu they are only 3 weeks old so I'm bottle feeding them. Luckily at this age they don't need night feedings! That is awesome that you got to go dragon boating twice. Great job on yoga!

Julie so glad you had a pretty weekend and got to spend time outside. How cute that you got the dogs pictures taken with the Easte bunny! You must have had to keep a very close eye on Sheba,that's a little scary!
Great job on BS CSBT and your heavy leg and back workout! Yep, I got my two kittens yesterday. Apparently there was a mom and 4 kittens, but the people got their house power washed and the mom took off with two of the kittens and never came back for these two. They are so cute, they are still really wobbly and look like they are drunk. They just love people too, if you are in there they are climbing all over you!

Julie was my inspiration the last couple of days. I did Intensity yesterday and did the step+low Hiit+boot camp premix. It was nice going to the low Hiit after step and then taking it back up a bit. This morning I started an STS rotation with disc 1 and all those push-ups. Ugh. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie That is great that you had some nice weather and could get outside. Great job on BS CSBT. So cute to get the dogs picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Scary about Sheba wanting to be dominant with other females. Good work on your heavy leg and back work.

Pam I saw on FB that you got two kittens. How many times a day do you have to bottle feed them? Great work on Intensity and STS disc 1 and all those push ups.

This morning I did Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders. For some reason I didn't think I liked these workouts but I do. I don't know why I thought I didn't :confused:. Then I spent most of the day in the kitchen spring cleaning out the fridge and drawers.

Cheryl

No workout last night. I had to work late. We had some work done at our house yesterday and when I got home, the workers were just finishing up. When they left DH and I had some cleaning up to do.

Pam Great job on Intensity step+low HiiT+BC! The bootcamp in that one is short but not too bad except the pushups at the end. Great job on starting STS with all those pushups! Ugh is right. I actually ended up taking Sheba out of the dog park and sitting outside the fence with her. I love how kittens just look like tiny fluffballs.

Cheryl Great job on BS CBS and spring cleaning! That’s funny. I had the same thought about Burn Sets. For some reason I was dreading doing it last weekend but ended up loving it.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I have to feed the kittens 3 times a day. He does pretty well, but it's a fight to get her to take the bottle and she gets all frantic. Luckily she is starting to eat some canned food too though, so hopefully we'll be done with bottle feeding soon. Great job on BS CBS. Funny that you thought you didn't like it and found out that you do. That is a nice surprise though! I think I will be doing some spring cleaning today too.

Julie Too bad you weren't able to get your workout in last night, hopefully it will work out for you tonight (no pun intended!)

This morning was Hiit 40/20. I wasn't sure I was going to make the whole 40 seconds on a couple of the rounds, but I managed somehow. As I was telling Cheryl, the little girl kitty (Nala) has started eating some canned food. The only problem is that she climbs into the plate and ends up getting it all over her body. I have been cleaning them off with a washcloth, but I think they will need a bath soon. They both pooped in the litter box this morning too, and then both walked through it and dragged there tails through it o_O. What a mess! Lucky they are so darn cute so you just can't get mad at them. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Sorry that you were unable to get a workout in. I hope you did tonight.

Pam Too bad that Nala is fighting the bottle. At least she is eating some solid food even if she gets it all over herself. Nope you can't get mad at kittens, but at least they did use the litter box and not the floor. Have fun giving them a bath :p. Great job on Hiit 40/20.

This morning I did Butts and Guts the Standing Glute and Abs premix. Then I did some cleaning and then we went out to my parents to cut the lawn and do some yard work for them. Tonight I went dragon boating with the team and then out for a beer.

Cheryl

Last night I did X10 Fat Burning Circuit. I wanted to do a longer workout but my van that I carpool in had mechanical problems and we had to wait while we got a loaner so I ended up getting home a little late. After my workout, DH and I took the dogs for a walk because it was so nice out. I feel like this week is dragging on. Shouldn’t it be Thursday? I think someone is punking me.

Pam Great job on 40/20! Oh it is so cute watching puppies and kitties learn. I know it makes a mess but just seeing them stumble through the learning process of not walking through poop is so cute. How do your other cats like the kittens?

Cheryl Great job on B&G Standing Glutes and Abs! Wow plus you did housework, yard work and dragon boating. You had a busy day and definitely deserved that beer.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Nala is using the litter box all the time. Simba on the other hand has gotten into the habit of pooping on the floor ;)I have to keep working on him. Great job on B&G, cleaning, and cutting your parents lawn and doing yard work. You were busy! Dragon boat too, sounds like fun!

Julie Great job X10 fat burning circuit. That is an efficient workout when you don't have a lot of time. Nice that you were still ab le to get out and enjoy a little of the weather despite getting home so late. I've been thinking it seems like Thursday too, what's up with that?! My other cats haven't met the kittens, I'm keeping them in a separate room. When I first brought them home I let Fritz look at them in the carrier. He sniffed them a little then hissed and ran away. I may introduce them at some point, but not yet. I keep thinking that my cats will be nice since they are so little, but it's hard to say. They are sometimes both sitting right outside the door when I come out from seeing the kittens though.

This morning was STS disc 2 Back and triceps. I had forgotten about all of the pull-ups and chin ups too! It went by really fast though. Then I had a bunch of running around to do for my DH, came home and fed the kittens and it was almost 5 o'clock. Im not sure where the day went! Hope everyone had a great one!

Pam

Julie Good work on X10 Fat Burning Circuit. Bummer about the van having mechanical problems. Nice that you could get out and enjoy your nice weather. I hate it when some weeks just seem to drag on.

Pam I am sure that Simba will get the knack of using the litter box soon. They are still quite young and probably have a lot of things that are new to them and have to learn. I know when we brought Tango home as a kitten we didn't segregate him from our other two. Because he was a kitten out other two were pretty tolerant of him though he was a bet older at 8 weeks old. Great job on STS disc 2 Back and Triceps. All the pull-ups and chin-ups are just about as bad as all of the push ups.

Today I did Burn Set Bis and Tris. Then I went to get groceries. I also made a doctors appointment because my toe is bothering me. It could be because I did so much yesterday but maybe I had better get it looked at. Tonight I am going dragon boating again with the new team that I joined. We have 30 people who have said that they want to paddle on this team and only 24 seats in the boat. My coach told me yesterday that he may have me sit in the coaches chair at the very front of the boat and have me help him out. I have this sneaky suspicion that they would like me to take the dragon boat coaches course. We will have to see what happens.

Cheryl

Last night I had a meeting that went a little late so I got home a little later than usual but I was still able to do 2 rounds of Muscle Meltdown Back and 1 Tabata from Tabatacise. After that DH and I took the dogs for a walk because it was 70 out.

Pam Great job on STS D2 back and triceps! LOL! It is like they know the kittens are in there and you are cheating on them with the kittens. I don’t know much about cats but you would hope they would be nice to the kittens knowing they are babies. Better to be safe though.

Cheryl Great job on BS Bis & Tris! Oh no! I hope you can get your toe looked at soon. Definitely best to get it checked out since it is still bothering you. Are you interested in coaching a dragon boating team? Would probably be different than being a rower.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I will probably introduce the cats and the kittens at some point and see how it goes. I have a little playpen for the kittens so I could have them in there and let the other cats check them out. Great job on BS Bis and Tris. I hope it is nothing serious with your toe and that it is feeling better soon! Hmmm, you must be doing well if they already want you to start coaching. Do you think that is something you are interested in?

Julie Great job on 2 rounds of MM and tabatacise despite getting home late. Aren't you just loving the gorgeous weather lately? As I was telling Cheryl, I will probably introduce the cats to the kittens at some point, with the kittens in a safe place where the cats can't get to them, just in case. I don't think they would do anything other than hiss, but don't want to take any chances.

This morning was supposed to be MMA Boxing, but I don't like that one so I did Cardio Kicks and the abs from SJP instead. Two of my favorites. Now I have to get my moms taxes finished up and send them in. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Julie Good for you in getting in 2 rounds of Muscle Meltdown Back and 1 tabata from Tabatacise. Nice that you are are getting warm weather. We are no where near those temperatures yet.

Pam I have found that when kittens are involved the older cats are pretty tolerant thou a little taken aback by their energy. Great job on Cardio Kicks and SJP abs.

So I actually slept in today :eek:. I didn't get up until almost 8am and I never do that. I guess that was OK since I didn't do any cardio this morning until I found out about my toe. Well I went for xrays and it is fractured :mad:. So I won't be doing any Cathe cardio for a while until it heals. I have my baby toe taped to my other one as there isn't much you can do for it. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for it to heal. Last night going dragon boating was fun and we had a full boat. I did sit in the coaches chair and it is a totally different view of things. I could see when people were not keeping time with everyone else and when they were paddling like they were in a canoe and not a dragon boat. I wouldn't mind taking the coaches course to see what I can do with it but coaching people isn't easy. I will see how things go, as the actual coach of the team really liked having me up at the front.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did STS M1D6 Legs. I just am really loving these leg workouts right now. I am so happy it is Friday. I am leaving work early and cannot wait! I have quite a few meetings so hopefully it will be time to leave before I know it. It is supposed to rain today and Sunday but be beautiful and 80 out Saturday. So excited. I may actually get out of my winter funk this weekend!

Pam Great job on Cardio Kicks + SJP abs! Oh how adorable you have a little playpen for the kittens. I think that is a good plan on introducing the cats. Better safe and slow than sorry.

Cheryl Oh no! That stinks your toe is fractured. But at least now you know what is going on with it and adjust accordingly. I bet having two sets of eyes on the crew is easier than one since you can be looking at different people than the coach. Sounds interesting for sure.

Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.