Strength in Numbers

I didn’t get a workout in yesterday. I ended up working late and was just plain exhausted from the drive in the morning with the snow. DH had to take Ozzie into the vet yesterday because he wasn’t wanting to eat which is not right for him. He has swollen lymph nodes so the vet is hoping it is just an infection and after a week of antibiotics he will be better. Worst case scenario is lymphoma. Also found out Sheba needs her teeth cleaned.

Pam That was nice that you had a lazy morning with your DH before he left for India! Oh no, so sorry you were not feeling good on Sunday. You did good trying to get through TTM and adding on YR Timesaver. Maybe it was the time change and didn’t you have a crazy weather change too? Great job on C&W! That was a good one to pick with getting over whatever hit you on Sunday.

Cheryl Yea for being able to dragon boat but I agree with the seals on looking at you like you were crazy for doing it in the rain. Great job on ICE BC and on that nap! You must have needed it if it helped you feel better. Great job on Step Fit!

Have a great day!

Cheryl I'm thinking it is probably the mulitple time changes over the last few weeks that were messing with me. Between Singapore, Colorado, and DST my body said enough! And unfortunately I go to Vegas on Thursday and will be there a week. Yuck. I'm glad to hear that you had a great sleep Friday after your crazy busy day. I'm glad that you were able to get the dragon boats back in the water. I'm not sure I would have thought it felt good in the pouring rain though :eek: You must have really wanted to get out there! I hope you have good rain gear.... Great job on getting through ICE Bootcamp despite the time change nonsense. I wish they would do away with it already! Great job on Step Fit too, glad you were feeling better.

Julie I can imagine you were exhausted from that drive in the snow. Boy oh boy, when it rains it pours huh? Poor Ozzie, I hope he is ok and it isn't lymphoma! Yep, we did have a crazy weather change...80 degrees at the end of last week and then below freezing the last three mornings. We had snow on Sunday, but it was all gone by early afternoon.

Julie inspired me this morning and I did RWH CLB. I went with the standard version instead of the premix. I realized I haven't done that one in a really long time. I was thinking I had, but it was LIHI that I have done a lot. It was tough, but I powered through without too much mouth breathing! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I hope that Ozzie just has an infection and that it isn't lymphoma. Oh man having to get a cat or dogs teeth cleaned is not cheap.

Pam You are probably right that all the time changes caught up with you. You have been traveling a lot. I hope your week in Vegas goes by fast for you. Nope no rain gear, it really holds in the heat when you are working up a sweat. Great job on RWH CLB.

This morning was Cardio Leg Blast. So I follow on FB and YouTube a person called Melissa Maker who has a site called Clean My Space. She has recipes for making your own cleaning products and how to clean your house easier and faster. Anyway she came out with a book which I purchased (who thought I could get so excited about cleaning :rolleyes:) and she had a giveaway for people who purchased it. I just found out this afternoon that I won a Miele vacuum from the giveaway. So exciting since I never win anything.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night I did Bootcamp (original style). It was fun and went by surprisingly fast. I haven’t done it in a long time and at first I thought the terminator climbers weren’t that bad but then I got past the second one and realized they were what I remembered them to be. Ozzie still isn’t back to normal and DH is getting worried but I told him he has only been on the antibiotic for a day and to give it longer. I do feel bad for the little baby, I have to drag him out of bed in the morning to go outside and eat. He just wants to sleep right now.

Pam Great job on RWH CLB! That one is a doozy and sometimes I think it is harder than LIHI Legs. We went from 50s to 20s but are supposed to get back up to the 50s this weekend. I am so ready for Spring!

Cheryl Great job on CLB! That is awesome that you won a vacuum! I get excited about being done with cleaning but not actually cleaning. My sister makes her own laundry detergent and softener. I might have to look up the book and check it out.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on CLB. I can't believe you are out there in the pouring rain with no rain gear, I think I might like holding in the heat :). That is so exciting that you won a vaccuum, wow! I will have to check this person out. Cleaning easier and faster sounds good!

Julie Great job on Bootcamp. I really like that workout a lot. You are right though, those terminator climbers aren't much fun. Oh poor Ozzie, I sure hope the antibiotics kick in soon and pep him up. It's so hard when they aren't feeling well. I think Mother Nature got Feburary and March mixed up. We had a record number of days in the 80s in February, and the last four mornings have all been below freezing.

This morning I did RWH CUB and bonus abs 1. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on the original Bootcamp. Those terminator climbers are hard. I think I have that one in the rotation I m doing in a couple of weeks. Poor Ozzie I hope he gets back to his old self soon. It is so hard to see them like that.

Pam I know I am a bit crazy not having rain gear but I do really heat up when we are paddling. Good work on RWH CUB, I did that one today too.

So as I told Pam today I did RWH CUB. I haven't done that one very often but I found it went by really fast.

Cheryl

Last night I did Intensity Hiit and Bootcamp sections. I haven’t done the bootcamp section in a long time. It was quick and not too bad until the end when she did 24 and 12 pushups. What?!? Ozzie is still lethargic. I had to wake him up to go outside again and he only ate half his food. The Vet is going to do a lymph node biopsy on Monday if he is still acting this way. DH and I are on pins and needles waiting for things to get better.

Pam Great job on RWH CUB + bonus abs 1! I actually did the abs in Bootcamp and there was an ab exercise in Intensity Bootcamp yesterday. My abs are sore now. I am supposed to do Leaner Legs tonight and think I will skip the ab section.

Cheryl Great job on RWH CUB! You and Pam were on the same wave length yesterday. I hate seeing him like this too. He is usually such an energetic little guy. Now he makes little whimpering noises when he eats and even when he just lays down to sleep.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I guess great minds think alike huh? Great job on RWH CUB, I thought it went by really fast too!

Julie Great job on Intensity Hiit and Bootcamp. I think I have only done the bootcamp section of that once when I first got it. I will have to check it out again, although all of those push ups don't sound like much fun. I am so proud of you for doing abs too :D I'd say you are ok skipping the ab section tonight when your abs are sore already! Oh poor Ozzie, I know you guys must be so worried. I really hope he peps up soon. :(

This morning was Imax for me. I was happy that it went well. Of course now I am leaving for Las Vegas this afternoon and won't be home until next Friday, so I get to mess my body up all over again o_O. I am not looking forward to this trip at all. It is going to be looooong and I'm working all weekend. :mad: BUT, it will be my last work trip.....I am retiring at the end of March! :D I'm hoping that the warm weather is back by then. Have a great day, not sure when I will get to post again.

Pam

Julie Great job on Intensity Hiit and Bootcamp. I don't think I have ever done the bootcamp section. I will have to take a look at it. Sorry that Ozzie still isn't his old self. I really hope he perks up.

Pam Good work on Imax. Oh wow CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement. I know you will enjoy it. Try to enjoy Vegas, it might make it easier when you know that you only have a couple more weeks to go until you can do anything you want.

This morning was RWH LI Hiit 1. Then I got most of the housework done. Still will have some left for tomorrow. So there is someone from the film industry looking for a townhouse in our complex to film some scenes for a new Netflix show. It is so tempting to put our names in for it to get some extra money but I don't know if I want who knows how many people in our place and I have no idea for how long. We would probably have to go and stay somewhere else while they are doing the filming. Maybe we will let someone else do it and we can go and lurk to see if there is anyone famous in the scenes.

Cheryl

Last night I did Leaner Legs but I skipped the abs and added on an EBE1 Booty Blast that was 15 minutes. I really heavied up on Leaner Legs so I am hoping to feel some good DOMS today. So glad it is the weekend. Ozzie still isn’t wanting to eat and when he does eat, it takes him longer than usual. I’m really hoping this weekend things turnaround for the poor little guy.

Pam Great job on Imax! I hope your trip is better than you think it will be. OMG! I am so excited for you to be retiring at the end of March. You kept that quite the little secret.

Cheryl Great job on RWH LIH 1 + housework! I don’t know that the money would be worth it. I guess it depends how much money it was and whether they would also pay for my hotel stay. It would be neat to be able to say your house is famous though.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Good work on Leaner Legs and EBE1 Booty Blast. So did you get good DOMS from upping your weight? I have my fingers crossed for you that Ozzie gets better this weekend. It would be neat to have our place in a show but I think we will pass for now. I know there are several people around us that have said that they want to do it so we will see what happens.

This morning was Lean Legs and Abs and then I got the rest of the housework and laundry done.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Saturday I did a timesaver premix of AB (intervals 6-10) and Ride. Then it was chores around the house most of the day. I found out my car’s passenger seat lifts up and has a storage compartment inside. I found a few more French fries that fell in there and $6.97 in change. I also got my pantry cleaned out but I think we might have a mouse in the house. We are calling Orkin today to see when they can come out. Sunday I did Butts & Guts and added on the extra leg work. Then it was being lazy and binge watching TV. Ozzie is still not quite right. He goes in today to get his lymph nodes biopsied if the vet thinks they are still enlarged (which DH and I think they are). Sheba also gets her teeth cleaned.

Cheryl Great job on LLA + housework and laundry! I was sadly disappointed that I didn’t get DOMS from heavying up on Leaner Legs. Oh well, I am sure I still got a good workout. That sounds like a good plan to have someone else be the guinea pig for filming. I am sure with how much filming they do in your area, there might be another chance.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on AB timesaver premix and Ride. Nice surprise to find $6.97 in change in your storage compartment, maybe not so much the french fried but extra money is always good. Oh no a mouse in the house, a cat would be cheaper :p. Good work on Butts & Guts and your extra leg work. I hope everything goes well with Ozzie's biopsy and Sheba's teeth cleaning.

So Saturday morning I did yoga and in the afternoon I went out dragon boating. It was really windy out there but at least it wasn't raining. Sunday I did S&S Bootcamp and this morning was Hiit 40/20. In the afternoon we went out to my parents to do some yard work for them. This may be the only day this week that it doesn't rain so we wanted to get out there and get some things done for them.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did RWH Plyo HiiT 2! I actually made it through on 2 risers without taking extra breaks. I wanted to do only 1 riser and pause a few times but I muddled through. Ozzie’s vet appointment did not go well. The antibiotic isn’t helping. His lymph nodes are still swollen and now his tonsils are swollen too. Our vet didn’t feel comfortable taking a biopsy of his lymph nodes and referred us to the Vet school. So I am taking tomorrow off work to take Ozzie out there. Hopefully I will have good news to share on Thursday.

Cheryl Great job on yoga and dragon boating! Wind would probably be much better than rain. Although maybe it depends whether you were heading into the wind or it was helping drive the boat. Great job on BC Sunday and 40/20 Monday. Rainy weeks are so depressing but I guess we are getting into Spring so it is expected. A cat would be cheaper than Orkin but I’m allergic and I am not sure Sheba likes them. So I would have Sheba chasing the cat, the cat chasing the mouse, and my house would be too swollen to see what was happening.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 2 and for doing it on 2 risers and not taking any extra breaks. I am so sorry that Ozzie isn't doing better. I do hope that you have good news to share on Thursday. Too funny about Sheba chasing the cat and the cat chasing the mouse.

This morning I did RWH CLB. I haven't done that one for a long time and I forgot how tough it was. I guess it didn't help that I was really tired today. I don't know why since I did sleep really well last night. Maybe it was from all the fresh air and yard work yesterday.

Cheryl

So yesterday we went to the U of I Vet School to have Ozzie evaluated. We did not get the news we wanted to hear. He does have lymphoma which is a terminal illness. Without treatment, they gave him 1-3 months depending on how quickly or slowly his quality of life deteriorated. With treatment, he would have 6-12 months depending on whether he has B-cell or T-cell lymphoma which we are supposed to get the results back today or tomorrow on. The 6-12 months includes 6 months of chemo treatment. DH and I are very much in shock and tears over this. He is only 8 years old. We did opt to do the treatments hoping it will extend his life with good quality. So he received his first chemo yesterday and will be getting a treatment every Tuesday for a few months. If after a month, there is no change in his lymph nodes or he seems to be having an adverse reaction, we will discontinue the treatments. Needless to say, I did not work out yesterday.

Cheryl Great job on RWH CLB! I think that is a super tough workout even with full energy. Hopefully it wasn’t allergies from the yard work.

Have a great day!

Last night I did RWH CLB Scramble. It was fun doing the scrambled version but I did have to rest right before she did the second set of Touchdown plies. So happy it is Friday and it is supposed to be nice out today reaching the 70s but this weekend is supposed to be rainy all weekend. Guess it will be a good time to stay in clean and snuggle with the puppies.

Have a great weekend!

Julie I am so sorry to hear about Ozzie. I was hoping that it would good news that you had to share. I would have done the same as you and opted for the chemo. I hope it works and it will extend Ozzie's quality of life. Good work on RWH CLB Scramble. Enjoy your weekend and snuggling with your puppies.

So Wednesday I did cardio on my BOSU and Thursday was PUB. I went out last night for dinner with my dragon boat team so I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Today Tango woke me up around 5:30am throwing up on the blanket that we have down on the bed. Taylis then decided that it looked like a good idea so he decided to do the same thing but he was going to do it on top of me. So I had to jump up really fast to get him on the blanket so I could just take it off the bed and wash it. So I got a really early start to my day. Since I didn't get to bed until late last night I was really tired and I didn't want to work out but I did do PLB. I dropped the weights a bit because I really wasn't feeling too strong.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheryl

I don’t know where the weekend went but I do not feel like I got one. Saturday morning I did CrossFire Cardio Blast only and then added on Pedal Power Scrambled. After that, I washed all the couch covers and bedding, shampooed the carpet, and gave the dogs a bath. Sunday I did Pure Strength Legs and then tried to rest but we had internet problems so I ended up being on the phone with customer service for quite a while. I am exhausted and already can’t wait for it to be Friday. On the bright side, Ozzie seems to be handling his first week of chemo pretty good.

Cheryl Great job on your BOSU cardio workout and PUB! Well that does not sound like a good way to wake up. At least you can hear it coming so you can try to direct it where you want it. Great job on PLB especially with being tired.

Have a great day!

Good morning, I'm finally back after what seemed like forever in Vegas! Julie, I am so so sorry to hear about Ozzie. I know you must be heartbroken :( Sending big {{HUGS}} to you and to Ozzie. Poor little guy. I'm glad to hear that he is handling the chemo well though. Vegas was fun because I got to see a lot of people that I hardly get to see, but exhausting from a work standpoint. I didn't do any 'formal' workouts since I was averaging 6-7 miles a day just walking. The work days were long and stressful. We ran a pre-conference training session all day Friday and Saturday, then the conference started Sunday afternoon. It was nice that I didn't have to be anywhere until noon on Sunday though, so I got to sleep in. One of my co-workers got a call while we were at dinner Sunday night that his father had passed away, so I ended up covering his 3 hour session on Monday so that he could leave. In addition to that I already had my own 1 hour session Monday, a 3 hour session Tuesday, and a 4 hour session Wednesday that I was running, and in between had to be in the lab area to help people. I was very very ready to get home on Friday!
On Saturday I had a birthday dinner for one of my friends, and she had requested homemade ravioli, so I spent all day Saturday cooking to get ready for her party. I didn't even unpack until Sunday. Needless to say, I didn't do much of anything on Sunday. I slept in, ran some errands, unpacked, did laundry and chilled. This morning was RWH Hiit Circuit upper body. I felt like I needed some upper body work but nothing too crazy. It was just the right level. Now I need to figure out a rotation to get started on. I hope you have a great day!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.