Strength in Numbers

Julie Good job on CrossFire Cardio Blast and Pedal Power Scrambled and Pure Strength Legs. You sure did get a lot done on the weekend, no wonder why you felt like you didn't get one. It is so frustrating to be on the phone with customer service but I hope your internet problems got cleared up. I am so happy that Ozzie is doing well after his first round of chemo.

Pam Wow you sure were busy in Vegas I bet you were glad to get home. That was so nice of you to make your homemade ravioli for your friends birthday after your long week. Good work on RWH CUB.

So Saturday I went dragon boating in the morning with my team and again in the afternoon with people who were learning to dragon boat. It was a really nice day out and it felt good to get all that fresh air. Sunday I was really sore so I did yoga relax. This morning I did XTrain Chest, Back and Shoulders.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night I had to work late so I didn’t get a workout in. I was so tired anyway. I am not sure why I was so tired but I did sleep pretty good.

Pam Thanks for the hugs for Ozzie. It is definitely heartbreaking but we are trying to make the best of every day we have with him. I’m glad you said you had fun in Vegas cause I know that you were not looking forward to it. How awful to have your father pass away while you were at a conference. I know that probably added stress to you but you are a good person for taking on one of his sessions for him. And for making homemade ravioli for your friend’s birthday! Sounds delicious. Glad you were able to relax a little on Sunday. Great job on RWH CUB!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Oh that is great that you got to go dragon boating twice and had some nice weather for it. Spring is just around the corner! Great jobon XTrain CBS!

Julie I glad that you slept well. I imagine the stress is one of the reasons you were so tired.

This morning I did Cardio Leg Blast plus core 2. I really like that one and hadn't done in for awhile. I hope everyone is having a great day!

Pam

Julie I think Pam is right in saying that stress may be the reason why you are so tired. I know it can affect me like that.

Pam Great work on Cardio Leg Blast and core 2.

This morning was RWH LI Hiit 2 and core 1. I just got back from a dragon boat meeting. I am going to also join a newly formed mixed dragon boat team. That means there are men on the team as well. We will be practicing on Wednesday nights only for right now starting April 12th.

Cheryl

Yesterday I took a few hours off work to come home early. I did S&S Boot Camp and then took Ozzie to the vet for a blood work checkup. Assuming that comes back good today, I will be giving him a round of chemo pills tonight.

Pam Great job on CLB + core 2! Just a couple of more days of work and you will be able to sleep in before doing your workouts.

Cheryl Great job on RWH LIH 2 + core 1! That sounds exciting to be on another dragon boating team. That means twice the fun!

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on S&S Boot Camp. Fingers crossed that everything comes back good on Ozzie's blood work.

This morning I did XTrain Bis and Tris then it was off to get groceries. In the afternoon we took Taylis to the vet for a check up. We wanted to make sure that everything is still going well for the little guy. Everything went well and we will continue giving him fluids twice a week to help keep him hydrated.

Cheryl

Last night we heard back that Ozzie’s blood work was normal so we could give him his oral dose of chemo. You have to wear rubber gloves when you give him the pills so you don’t expose yourself to the chemo. He seems to be doing good. He is on a steroid too so he is having accidents in the house but that is ok. It cleans up. I did do Intensity. I was only going to do the step portion but decided to kill myself and add on the HiiT sections. My calves were screaming at me by the end.

Cheryl Great job on XTrain Bis & Tris! Yea! So glad that Taylis’ checkup went well and he is doing good. Has he gotten used to you giving him the fluids now?

Have a great day!

Cheryl Geat job on RWH LI Hiit 2 and core 1! Wow, it sounds like you will be doing a lot of dragon boating this spring and summer! That will be fun.

Julie Great job on S&S boot camp, I was just thinking I need to give that one another try. I have Lready started sleeping in since things aren't too pressing for me this week :D. I think I will still get up when DH gets up It that is later than my normal has been.

Cheryl Great job on XTrain Bis and tris. I'm glad to hear everything went well with Taylis at the vet. How is giving him the fluids going for you, I know you were nervous about it.

Julie I'm glad that Ozzies chemo is continuing to go well. It's pretty scary that you have to wear rubber gloves for it! Great job on Intensity, that one is sooo tough!

I somehow forgot to post yesterday, but I did do my workout, I did the step and power circuits from Body Max. I think the step portion of that is my favorite step workout. I added ont he abs from cardio and weights. My abs are still feeling Tuesdays workout! After that I went into my office and cleaned it out. Now I just have a couple of meetings to go and I'm done. It feels weird after so many years! I've already started my project to do list :) Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I am so glad that Ozzie's blood work came back normal. Scary that you have to wear gloves to give Ozzie his chemo. You can always overlook the accidents when you know it is because they are sick and not because they are behaving badly. No he really doesn't like getting the fluids but he will tolerate it for me. Great job on Intensity, that is one tough workout.

Pam I have gotten used to giving Taylis his fluids but as I told Julie he really doesn't like it but he does tolerate it for me. Good work on the step and power circuits from Body Max and the abs from cardio and weights. So exciting that you only have one more day left before retirement. I know I was happy and sad at the same time on my last day in the office knowing that after all the years that I wouldn't be coming back.

This morning I was really dehydrated for some reason. I drank lots of water yesterday so I don't know why. Because of that I was really tired this morning so I just did Cross Train Express All Step and then I added on the ab work. By the time I finished that I was feeling much more energetic so I did some housework and then I took Tango outside to get some fresh air. Taylis just wanted to nap. It was really nice out and we had a lot of sun which we haven't seen a lot of this March. This was one of the few days that we didn't get any rain so I got some of our front yard cleaned up. It needs a lot more work but at least it is a start.

Cheryl

Last night I did Legs & Glutes. I forgot how much that one burns. I’m so excited it is Friday. It has been so icky out lately. The temps have been decent and Springy but it has been raining non-stop for a few days now. We are supposed to get a reprieve on Saturday but back to rain next week. I guess it is April showers though!

Pam Great job on step and power circuits from BM + C&W abs! Today is the big day I believe. Last day in the office. I am sure it is going to feel weird but from everyone I talk to after retirement, they say it was the best decision they ever made.

Cheryl That’s weird that you were dehydrated after drinking so much water. Great job on CTX All Step & abs! Glad you were feeling better after that. Do you put Tango on a leash when you go out? So glad you got some sun action.

Have a great day!

Cheryl At least Taylis tolerates the fluids. I had a cat that I had to give pills to once and he hated it so much that he always hid from me. It was not good. I totally understand the happy and sad. I felt really conflicted about retiring because I have been working for so long. Apparently they were wanting me to stay on part time, but I never got the message with the request! Weird that you were so dehydrated, it great job on All Step and abs. It's nice that it got you energized again!

Julie Great job on L&G, i haven't done that one in a long time. Hopefully you don't get terrible DOMS. It did feel weird turning in my badge and keys and laptop, but it ended up being so much fun. I met my manager at a coffee shop for the meeting, and three of my good friends showed up with flowers and champagne to celebrate so we had a little party. I have no doubt I will get used to it quickly though.

This morning I did Plyo Hiit 2. I do it on 8 inches, it I can't do the double foot jump overs as fast as they do. I just go at my own speed on those. Then I went for my exit meeting/party, then I met my DH for lunch and no we went to the Apple Store and I got a new mac! When I got home, there were a bunch of balloons tied to our mailbox and a big bag of smarties inside. My DH said it wasn.t him, so I'm pretty sure it our neighbor. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Legs & Glutes. I feel your pain with all the rain. We only had 3 days with no rain for all of March. I hope that April will be drier for us. Yes we put Tango and Taylis on a leash when they go out. They are really good with it.

Pam I know Taylis wouldn't tolerate pills either if we had to give them to him. Weird that you never got the request to stay part time. However you may want to try full retirement first and then if you want maybe see if you can go back part time. After working for 36 years I had no desire to go back even for part time work. I enjoy being retired just a little too much :D. Good work on Plyo Hiit 2. I can't do the double foot jump overs as fast as they do either. So nice that you got a new mac for retirement.

So Friday I did XTrain Legs and then got the rest of the housework done. This morning we were suppose to go out dragon boating but we didn't get enough people so we had to cancel it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Cheryl I would have considered part time, but I think I probably would have said no if I had received it. Most people who are part time end up working full time and just get paid for part time! I think I will enjoy being retired too, but I am thinking about doing some part time volunteer work. Great job on XT legs and housework. Sorry that you weren't able to dragon boat.

Yesterday I took the day off from working out. Then I was supposed to go to a craft fair with some friends, but on the way there I got a call that they had called 911 for my sister, so I came home and went over and picked up my mom and we ended up spending the day at the hospital. Her sugar had dropped really low. She was doing much better when we left, but they kept her overnight for observation. I tried calling this morning but haven't been able to get in touch with anyone yet, so I will go over there in a bit. This morinig I did To The Max. I was determined to do that one after my last failed attempts. It went much better this time. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Volunteer work is always a good thing to do. I haven't gone past the thinking part of it yet though :rolleyes:. I hope everything is OK with your sister. It is scary when things like that happen. Good job on TTM.

I was feeling pretty lazy today so I didn't do any workout. My brother won two tickets to see the Vancouver Canucks play the San Jose Sharks so I went with him this afternoon. It wasn't a great game and we lost 3-1 but it was nice to get out and see a game. The seats were really good, row 22 up from ice level. Oh well we didn't make the playoffs this season but hopefully we did so bad we will get a really good draft pick.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I decided to start a muscle building rotation where I will do very little or no cardio for a few months. We will see how it goes. I started Saturday with Burn Sets Chest, Shoulders, Tris, and Bis. After that DH and I had errands to run for most of the day. Sunday I did my own heavy legs and back workout. My upper body is so tight and sore today. I’m scared my elbows will be permanently bent at 90 degrees.

Pam Great job on Plyo HiiT 2! I can’t go as fast as Cathe and crew on the double jumps either. Looks like you had a good last day at work. That was so sweet of your neighbor to do something for your retirement. Oh no! I’m so sorry about your sister. I hope you hear good news and they figure out why it happened. Great job on TTM!

Cheryl Great job on XTrain Legs and housework! What a bummer there wasn’t enough people for dragon boating. Maybe this week will be better. That would be fun to go see a game especially with those seats.

Have a great day!

Julie Great work on Burn Sets Chest, Shoulders, Tris and Bis and your own leg and back workout. Keep us posted on how it is working for you. You must have worked your upper body really well. I hope you can straighten your arms by tomorrow.

Today I did ICE Chiseled Upper Body and then we went out to my parents and mowed the lawn and cleaned up outside for them.

Cheryl

Last night I did 1 tabata from Tabatacise (my cardio for the week) and did Stretch Max segment 3. It felt good to stretch out. My biceps are still so sore it is tough to straighten my arms still but I am forcing myself to do it. I can feel my lats every time I have to pull my pants up. Makes me not want to go to the bathroom for a whole new reason besides failing the toilet test.

Cheryl Great job on ICE CUB! It must have been decent weather if you could get some yard work done.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your tabata and segment 3 of stretch max. Hopefully the stretching will help your biceps and lats. You really did work your upper body didn't you.

This morning I did PRS #2. Later I was vacuuming out my workout room when I was moving the vacuum out of the room I stubbed my little toe. Man oh man but did that hurt. I may have broken it. It is all black and blue right now, I will see how it is tomorrow. Tonight I went dragon boating for our first Tuesday practice of the season. It was a lot of fun even in the pouring rain.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Hmmm, I can't insert quotes from my phone. Julie, you had me laughing about not being able to straighten out your arms. Sounds like you really worked hard! Great job on that and your tabata and stretch!

Cheryl, great job on PRS and your ICE workout. I are hope you didn't break your toe! Ouch!

Monday I did muscle max and then picked up my mom and took her to the hospital to see my sister. They discovered she had an infection and were treating it with strong antibiotics and she was doing a lot better. I left my mom there and went and bought flowers for my yard, then came back and got her. One of my friends had us over for dinner that night for my birthday. Yesterday I did Step Blast and then had a spa day with my GF and then our DHs came and met us for dinner. This morning I did Ramped up upper body and the abs from LIC. This morning I am picking up my GF to head to the Masters! We will be there Thursday and Friday, then my DH and his buddy are coming tomorrow. They are playing golf on Friday and going to the Masters Saturday and Sunday. When I get back on Saturday, I am getting a litter of 5 6!week old kittens to foster! Quite the busy week. You probably won't hear from me again before Saturday. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I took Ozzie to get a chemo treatment so no workout. We got home pretty late anyway. He will be going every 2 weeks to get a treatment for the next several months. They did say that his lymph nodes have shrunk which means he is responding to the chemo. While he is technically considered to be in complete clinical remission, he still has a lot of chemo left to take and the cancer is expected to come back at some point.

Cheryl Great job on PRS2! Oh man the pinky toe is the worst toe to stub. It always hurts the worst. I hope it isn’t broken and that you don’t lose your toenail. Yea! Glad you were able to go dragon boating last night!

Pam Great job on MM! I’m glad the figured out what was wrong with your sister. Sounds scary to have to be under strong antibiotics. Good thing your mom didn’t get the infection too. Great job on Step Blast! Oh a spa day sounds so wonderful. Great job on RUUB & LIC abs! Enjoy your trip! Oh how cute to have such tiny kittens!

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.