Strength in Numbers

Janie Great job on your bike ride,abs from BS and stretching! It looks like you have been quite busy making soap, how fun!

Cheryl Great job on your S7G workout. That is one that I haven't done in forever. You are definitely getting stronger if you could do all of the burpees AND they didn't seem too bad! You must be getting very anxious to have those renos completed, it sounds like you are really close now.

My DH's flight kept getting delayed last night and he finally got home at 3:15 this morning. I went to bed around 11, but I had him text me when he landed at 2:30, so then I was awake from 2:30 until he got home at 3:15. ZZZZzzz. I'm sure he is much more tired, but at least he is still sleeping! I got up late and did RWH LI Hiit1 and Core max 1. I was happy to have a not so intense and short cardio workout. Happy Friday!

Pam

Today was a rest day so I went to the Woodfest with my daughter and hubby. Saw friends, listened to a band and marveled at the creativity of our local artists. Wow!

Cheryl
, Great job on the express cardio, abs and stretch from Slide and Glide. Yea!!!!!!!! for getting stronger.

Pam, O my, that's late for your honey getting home. Ugh... Not enough sleep for either one of you. Great job on doing RWH LI Hitt 1 and Core max 1. Now get some sleep.

Take care,

Janie

So sorry about being MIA last week. Work was beyond crazy busy. This week may be a little better but it is still pretty stressful right now. In fact last night when I was going to bed, I was thinking I felt more tired from the weekend than refreshed. Not sure how that happened since I didn’t work over the weekend. I have read all your posts and have been keeping up with my workouts. I can’t wait to get back on track this week with posting regularly.

Have a great day!

Janie It sounds like you had a lovely day, how wonderful!

Julie Don't worry about being MIA. Sorry to hear that things are so crazy for you, but great job keeping up with your workouts anyway! I hope that things settle down some for you this week. It isn't good when the weekend makes you more tired :(

Friday evening we hung out at home since we were both pretty out of it with DHs late return. We had a really nice relaxing evening. I took Saturday as my rest day and did a few things around the house in the morning. In the afternoon we took our neighbor and her daughter to the lake and taught her daughter to kneeboard and ski. She was a natural and had so much fun. Carol (her mom) also skiied and it was her first time in over 20 years. Then that night they had us over for dinner. On Sunday I did High Reps and then spent the day doing laundry and preparing dinner. We had a little going away dinner for my niece because she is moving back to Michigan this week. This morning I did Circuit Blast and added on the cardio only premix to make it just under and hour. I don't have a rotation on the calendar right now and I am going to have to fix that because it took me way to long to pick out a workout this morning! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I can hardly wait u til all the renos are done. It is less than two weeks now before my SIL gets here so we are running out of time. Nice that you got up to wait for DH to get home from the airport. Good for you in getting RWH LI 1 and core max 1 done.

Janie what a. Ice way to spend your rest day. It is amazing what people come up with.

Julie don't worry about being MIA I hope this week is better for you. Glad to hear that you have been keeping up with your workouts, that does help with the stress.

Pam nice that you took your neighbour and her daughter waterskiing. That is one thing I haven't tried. Good work on High Reps and Circut Blast.

It was a busy weekend for me. Still doing the renos but it is getting closer to being done. Friday I did STS disc 36 which was the last workout of the series. Saturday I did cardio but I forgot what it was and Sunday I did segment 1 of stretch max. This morning was not a good morning for me. I had breakfast which included an egg and it reacted on me. I had to run to the bathroom and I wasn't sure if I was going to throw up too. I am so bummed these are organic free range eggs that I have been eating for about 7 months with no problem and now I reacted to them. I thought these would be soy free since they were organic but maybe not. I felt so awful after that, that I didn't workout. With these food allergies what I can eat is dwindling.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

I felt I needed to do yoga for awhile. Very stiff. Today was Yoga Relax

Cheryl, Glad to here the renos is nearing completion. Great job on Fri. STS disc 36. YaHoo congrats on that! For Sat. doing crdio and Sun. segment 1 of stretch max. O my! I'm so sorry about your allergies. Like you said, the eggs could have been old or many number of things. Try to figure it out. I feel for you. xoxo

Pam, Glad you relaxed and had a good evening. Great job for taking a rest day. How nice to teach a neighbor child to kneeboard and ski. And Carol skiing finally after 20 years. Sounds like fun with friends at dinner too. Can't beat great friends. Great job on Sun High Reps and housework. Bet your niece appreciated that special dinner. Great job on today's Circuit Blast and added on the cardio only prem.

Julie, Sorry about being so busy. Ugh. Good to hear about keeping up with your workouts. Now get some much needed rest.

Take care,

Janie

Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I only had 1 meeting so I actually got some work done. DH wanted to work out with me last night but his back is acting up so I did RWH LI 1 & 2. He has a chiro appointment today and I hope they can help get him back on track.

Pam Sounds like you had a very fun Saturday. Great job on HR on Sunday and CB Extreme! I feel you on not having a rotation. I much prefer having a plan than flying by the seat of my pants. Lately with DH not knowing if he can work out with me, I have been playing my cardio days by ear. At least, I can think about it on my ride home from work rather than first thing in the morning.

Cheryl Great job on STS D 36! Wow can’t believe you are done. That seemed to go by fast. I am sure you will get the rest of the renos done in time for your SIL. That sounds really scary and stressful to not know what can set off your allergies. I would never have thought that what they fed the chicken would affect the egg but I guess it makes sense no that I think about it.

Janie Great job on Yoga Relax! And for listening to your body and doing yoga when you needed it. I am already looking forward to this weekend and trying to fit in some relax time.

Have a great day!

Cheryl It sounds like you will get things done in time for your SIL visit, then it will be on to the next project :D I didn't really get up to wait for DH getting home from the airport on purpose. There have been so many really terrible car accidents around here lately that I was worrying :rolleyes: Wow, congratulations on finishing STS, isn't that a great feeling?! Great job on your cardio and stretch max too. Oh no, that must be terrible having so many food allergies. So sorry to hear that you were sick, hope you are feeling better now.

Janie Good for you for listening to your body and doing Yoga relax! I need to learn how to do that! :rolleyes:

Julie How nice that you only had 1 meeting and were able to get some work done!! Great job on RWH LI 1&2, I was considering that this morning but something got into me. I may do it tomorrow. Sometimes I will figure out my workout the night before when I don't have a rotation, but I don't always remember.

This morning something got into me and I decided to do CCC. I should say the new and improved PCCC. I did rounds 1-2,4,3,5. That was a good order. I wasn't quite ready for round 4 right after doing round 1, but I was very ready for that easier round 3 after doing round 4. Those roll backs where you jump into a push up at the very end just kill me. They were especially hard for me today and really hurt my knees. OK, I'll stop whining now! Have a great day!

Pam

Janie good for you in listening to your body and doing Yoga Relax.

Julie glad to hear that you only had one meeting.Good job on RWH LI 1&2. I hope DH back is feeling better soon.

Pam that is scary with so many car accidents glad that DH got home safely. It was a good feeling finishing STS. In all the years that I have had these DVDs this is only the 2nd time through the whole thing. Good job on PCCC.

What a day this has been. I got up and was going to use the bathroom downstairs but for some reason there was water all over the toilet seat and the floor. I was wondering what is going on here and then I had some water drip on me. Yep you guessed it we had a leak in the plumbing we had just done in the bathroom upstairs. So I woke up DH and he called our neighbour who came over before he had to go to work. We had to shut off the hot water tank as it was the hot water that was leaking so no shower this morning or a workout either. My dad came over by 10am to help me smooth out our patio put down some sand and pick up 12 24x24 bricks for our patio.I tell you that was a workout in itself. Then I went out and got groceries. Then my neighbour came over and we fixed the leak. It was just one of those days. I think I am going to sleep very well tonight.

Cheryl

Cheryl Yes, the big accident that has been in the news constantly lately is a 20 year old college student who was really drunk and drove the wrong way on the highway. He hit a car and killed 3 people :( You know I think I have done STS all the way through 3 times, but maybe only 2, I'm not really sure! I should try to do another round this winter. Oh boy, what a day you had! That had to have been a terrible feeling going in and seeing all that water everywhere. I'm glad to hear that you got it fixed so quickly. Wow, you did get quite a work out with your patio work too! I hope you had a great sleep!

This morning I did RWH LI 1&2 that is a nice little combo! Have a great day!

Pam

Good morning ladies. This morning was Butts and Guts for me. I had forgotten that it is so long! Have a great day!

Pam

Yesterday I did an ab add on from Basic Step and a segment from Total Body Stretching. Did yoga relax today.

Pam, Great job on Butts and Guts. You did great with that long workout. Good for you.

Cheryl, Oh NO! How awful about the leak. You are working out when you smooth out the patio with sand and pick up bricks. Wow!

Julie, I'm glad you only had one meeting and was able to get some work done. Great job on RWH LI 1&2. I hope your honey feels better after the chiro today.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie Great job on your abs. stretching and yoga! It sounds wonderful!

This morning for me was Imax3. I hardly ever do this one, but every time I do I think I should do it more often. Happy Friday!

Pam

Pam what are kids thinking these days. That was an terrible accident. No wonder why you were worried about DH getting home OK. Good job on RWH LI 1&2 and Butts and Guts. I hardly do IMAX 3 either. Good work on it.

Janie good job on Basic Step and Total Body Stretching and Yoga Relax.

Sorry that I haven't had a lot of time to post. The renos are nearing the end and I will be so happy to get it finished. I actually haven't done a workout this week, I am making this my active recovery week after finished STS. But everything else I have been doing is making up for a structured workout. The leak is fixed, YEAH, and the baseboards are done. The only thing s left to do is installing the toilet and painting the doors and putting them back up. Both of them should be done by tonight. Then tomorrow it is onto the patio and getting that done. We will start early so we can get it done before it gets too hot out. I hope to get back into a normal routine by next week.

Cheryl

Been doing yoga everyday. Some are tougher than others, but all good.

Pam, Great job on Imax3. You have a good rest of the weekend.

Cheryl, I bet you are welcoming the end of the renos. I think reno is a great way to do active recovery. Good thinking.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I can’t believe it was another crazy week last week. After being able to post on Monday and Tuesday my week just went straight down the drain. I keep saying next week will be better so hopefully this time I am right. I did get my workouts in last week and over the weekend. It is Monday morning though and I am already pooped again.

Pam Great job on the new & improved PCCC! Those rollback pushups are tough. Hope your knees are feeling better after them. Great job on RWH LI 1 & 2! I like that combo. One of those by itself seems a little too easy but combining them is just about right. Great job on B&G and Imax 3!

Cheryl What a bummer about the leak in the new plumbing. Glad you got it fixed. All that work is certainly active recovery. And I am sure you are working your muscles in new ways too.

Janie Great job on abs from BS + TBS and Yoga Relax! Great job on doing yoga everyday. You so good with that. I always say I need to get better about doing yoga at least once a week but then always reach for weights or something that gets me totally sweaty.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I'm not sure what is going on around here! This weekend a bus driver fell asleep and crossed the median and hit a car and killed the driver. The bus driver is also still in critical condition. I'm thinking your renos may be done by now? Hopefully, I know you must be ready! It sounds like you have gotten quite the workouts in just with your renos and it is a very active active recovery week!

Janie
Great job on keeping up with that yoga. I see you are building a craft room too, how exciting!

Julie O
h man, I hope you are right on things slowing down for you this week too. I have 7 hours of meetings every day this week - ugh. Great job on keeping up with your workouts despite being so busy. My knees did recover well after the roll back pushups.

Saturday morning I did Power Hour, then it was a bunch of errands, a pedicure and laundry. Sunday was my rest day and we made a nice breakfast and then went skiing. This morning was supposed to be Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders, but I think that is the one series I don't have so I did Gym Style legs instead. My hamstrings are already talking to me so I am sure I am going to be feeling it tomorrow! The exciting thing that I did on Saturday was booked a trip to Vietnam for next April. We are going to go on a cave trek of the largest cave in the world, called Son Doong. It was only discovered a few years ago and only one tour company has a license to do expeditions, so our group will be the only people in the cave for 5 days and 4 nights. It is big enough to fly a 747 through and is supposed to be amazing. I am really excited! Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did AOLIH! Then I went for a walk with DH. DH has decided he doesn’t want to do workouts anymore. It actually lasted longer than I expected. He is going to try to walk more which is good. He walked 2 miles yesterday without me and then another 1 mile with me.

Pam Great job on PH and your errands! Sundays DH and I always try to have a nice breakfast too but then we are usually lazy the rest of the day. That is really exciting about your trip. It seems a little scary to me but I am glad you are excited about it. How many people are in a group?

Have a great day!

Julie Your DH needs to find what he likes to do so that he can stick with it. Hopefully walking will be his thing. 3 miles is great! Great job on your AOLIH and mile walk! I don't think the trip will be scary based on the pictures that I have seen. If it was a small dark cave that would be different, but it looks so spacious and beautiful. Now we are trying to figure out what else we want to do while we are there. It looks like the groups are 7 people in addition to the guides, and I'm not sure how many guides there are.

This morning for me was 40/20. The split jumps were really hard after doing GS legs yesterday, but I survived. Then I did Core Max #2. As usual, I couldn't make it through all of the pikes, so I did a few extra after I was done to try to make up for it. I'm really tired this morning, not sure why, but I'm thinking that 7 hours of training is NOT going to help!o_O Have a great day!

Pam

Janie good job on all of your yoga. Yoga has taken a backseat for me lately and it is something that I need to get back to.

Julie I hope your crazy work weeks will come to an end soon. Post when you can, I know it is hard when things get too busy.

Pam things get crazy on the roads around here too and you can't understand why. hopefully it will calm down. Good job on Power Hour all of your errands and Gym Style Legs. All the ball work does in my hamstrings too. Your trip sounds exciting. I think that would be a cool trip to do.

Julie good job on AOLIH and your walk with DH. at least your DH has found something that he likes to do. A 3 mile walk is really good.

Pam good job on 40/20 and Core Max 2. Those split jumps would be tough with sore hamstrings.

All the renos and patio are now done YEAH!!!!! It feels so good to be done with all of that. I can't believe how fast the weekend went by. Yesterday I did 4D Split Kickbox. It felt good to get working out again. i am posting this while I am having my breakfast. This seems to be the time of day where I can post. I have 't worked out yet but I will be doing a cardio workout but I haven't decided what yet. After that I need to go to Costco and stock up on some things before my SIL comes to visit. We are going to look after our neighbours dog this afternoon for a few hours. The cats will be so impressed.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.