Strength in Numbers

Last night I did Tabatacise! I actually made it through with only pausing for a very short 10 seconds between 3 and 4. Taking tonight off from working out and getting ready for DH and I to go to St. Louis for a few ballgames this weekend. I am also taking Monday off so will have a nice long weekend. Probably won’t post again until Tuesday.

Pam Great job on Great Glutes! Pizza Presses burn especially when Cathe does a million of them.

Janie Great job on BS + upper body! You are doing awesome keeping up with your rotation.

Cheryl Great job on STS 26! Ripping out carpet is yucky. It makes you think about how gross it was there and walking on it, sitting on it, laying on it. Happy birthday to your parents! I got my ICE order in this morning. So excited.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Had a marvelous time with the kids. Celebrated by being together, lots of good food and a pinata, and me playing the guitar and singing. They never heard me play or sing before and it seemed they like it. Let's hope anyway.
Takes 3 hrs. to travel there and since we wanted our own beds to sleep in, decided to go home early before the fireworks. We seem to do that all the time. Can't help wanting to be comfortable in our own beds. Anyhoo, for the first time we did leave earlier than normal and was just in time to see the fireworks on the beach. Joe was to tired, but I went anyway without him. Glad I did to, because "MAN O MAN" when I got there, big beautiful fireworks were all up and down the beach as far as the eye can see. Never have I seen anything so beautiful! Everywhere you looked you saw beauty. OMG! I stayed there for at least an hour and a half and it was still going strong when I left. AMAZING!
I'm taking today off from exercising. Tonight will do a stretch.

Julie, Great job on Tabatacise and making it through with only pausing shortly. Enjoy the ball games this long weekend.

Cheryl, Great job on STS disc 25 Plyo legs. Love the puddle of sweat! And ripping out the carpet?!? Wow! Enjoy celebrating with family, your parents birthdays.

Take care,

Janie

Julie good job on Tabatacise. Enjoy the ball games this weekend in St Louis too.

Janie I am glad that you enjoyed your time with your kids. It is nicer sleeping in your own bed isn't it. Sounds like you had awesome fireworks where you were. We had fireworks here too for our July 1st as well but they were very carefully regulated. It is so hot and dry here that we have to be careful of fires.

Thursday I did Low Impact Circut just the cardio sections and Friday was STS disc 26 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Thursday after my workout I got all of the carpet ripped out of the bedroom except for the closest. That is one grimy job and it didn't help that it was really not and everything just seemed to stick to me. In the afternoon I had an appointment with my respiratory therapist to see how is was doing with the CPAP machine. All my readings are a lot better than they were. My oxygen levels don't drop and I really don't stop breathing anymore either. I am feeling a lot more peppy as well. Saturday I did PRS 1 timesaver #2. I wanted something not too long as it was too hot. A little while later my neighbour came over and asked if I wanted to start on the laminate flooring. So we did until 10:30 that evening. I am feeling worn out today but it does look good. We didn't get it all done but we did get most of it done. Today I am just vegging out. We are breaking heat records all over the province and there are forest fires burning everywhere. We have one near us and you can smell the smoke in the air. This morning when I woke up I thought it was cloudy out but it is just the haze from all the fires that are burning. I would really like some rain right about now.

I hope all of you I joyed your July 4th weekend.

Cheryl

Janie Great job on BS and upper body hand weight add on.

Cheryl the heat can be tough whey it don't have ac. Our summers are so hot and humid that pretty much everyone has ac. Great job on Pluto legs! Happy Birthday to your mom and dad! Wow, ripping out carpet is a big job and hard work too!

Julie Great job on Tabatacise! That is awesome to make it through with only a 10 second pause! I hope you had fun at the ballgames in St Louis and that you are enjoying your long weekend!

Janie So glad that Thad a marvelous time with the kids! It sounds like so much fun, good for y for going and enjoying the fireworks too. I bet they loved hearing you play the guitar and singing for them, that is very special!

Cheryl Great job on Lic and disc 26! That is awesome that you are doing so much better with the COAP machine. Can you tell the difference in how you feel? Great job on PRSm1 too and doing the laminate flooring. Oh those fires are terrible, I am hoping for rain for you too.

Wednesday night we went to see the Rolling Stones. It was. Lot of fun, but we didn't get home until 1:30 am so no workout for me on Thursday. I took the day off Work Thursday because I had a hair appt in the morning and then I went and got a pedicure in the afternoon. Friday morning I did a workout but I can't remember what it was, Saturday morning was Muscle Mac and this morning was Imax2. We water skiiedFriday night and Saturday too and went to a cookout at a neighbors for the 4th. Today was laundry, cleaning and errands. I had 4 days off and can't believe it's time to go back to work already tomorrow! Happy Sunday!

Pam

Good morning ladies! This morning was Rockout Knockout for me. It was a good lower intensity workout for Monday morning. I added the core work from LIC after. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I wish we had ac right about now. Usually it doesn't get this hot so soon or for this long here. I can tell that there is a difference with the CPAP machine. Even though I am tired just because it is so hot here and it is hard to sleep I have more energy to do things. I am not sure if that makes sense or not but I don't have that constant feeling like I just want to go to bed. Glad that you had fun at the Rolling Stones concert. Good job on your Friday workout which ever one it was (that happens to me too that I can't remember which one I did). Good work on Muscle Max, IMAX 2 and your water skiing, your laundry, cleaning and errands. Also for today's Rockout Knockout and abs.

This morning I took Tigger in to get his lion cut and then came home and did STS disc28 Chest and Back. After that I went to get blood tests to check my kidney function. Then I came home and cleaned out the closet so we can paint it and continue the flooring into it. Then I got Tigger and he is such a happy cat now that all that fur is gone. It is still hot here but not as bad as yesterday. We still have a haze of smoke over us so we can't see the sun but it is suppose to improve by tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Had a super long weekend but of course it flew by. Friday I ended up doing a kettlebell workout and an express spinning workout before leaving for St. Louis. We walked from the hotel to and from the baseball game so got a good 2 miles in there. Saturday we went to another game and it was so hot and we were not in any shade but still had a good time. Then it was driving home to pick up the dogs. Sunday, I did a quick leg workout and some tabata/hiit work and then went to a cookout at my mom’s. Monday, I took the day off work just to have a long weekend and because we were taking Maggie to the vet for an arthritis/pain consultation. DH and I ended up starting the WWE workout last night with a short upper body weight work. Back to work now!

Janie So glad you had fun with your family! I cannot blame you on wanting to be in your own bed. I did not sleep well Friday night at the hotel and couldn’t wait to get back to my own house and bed.

Cheryl Great job on LIC cardio and STS 26! Yuck! Doesn’t seeing how dirty the carpet is when you pull up make it seem so icky to even step on? At least that is how I felt when we ripped ours up. Glad you are doing better and feeling better. Seems like the CPAP is working. Great job on PRS #1 timesaver and getting a lot of laminate done! Oh that sounds scary with the fire. Hope it stays far away from you. Great job on STS 28! I love when cats get their lion cuts. So adorable!

Pam How fun to see the Rolling Stones! I love them and bet they can still rock even at their age. Sounds like you had a nice “me” day the next day too! Great job on your mystery workout from Friday, Muscle Max on Saturday, and Imax 2 on Sunday! I had a 4 day weekend too and cannot believe how fast it went by. I told DH now I don’t know what to look forward to anymore. Great job on RK + LIC core!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Hopefully things will cool down for you soon. I know it is miserable trying to sleep when it's so hot. I remember as a kid making tents with fans under our sheets when it got really hot in the summer. It's good to hear that the CPAP machine is making a difference. It sounds like you were just completely drained before. I bet you will see a huge difference when your weather is better! You had some issues with your kidney function before, didn't you? What is happening with that? I hope everything is ok! Great job on STS disc 28! That is great that Tigger likes his hair cuts. Butters hated it when he had a lion cut. Now we just trim the knots ourselves so he ends up looking like a patchwork kitty. He looks really silly but he is happier that way. Be careful being outside with all of that smoke, you don't want to be inhaling that stuff!!

This morning for me was Drill Max. I had forgotten how much fun that one is. It always wears me out, but I really enjoy it. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Your post came in while I was writing mine. Great job on your Kettlebell workout and spinning before leaving for St Louis. Also on your bonus walk workout! Oh boy, too bad it was so hot at the game, but I'm glad that you had fun. Great job on your leg workout and tabata/hiit work on Sunday and your WWE and upper body workouts too! It is such a bummer that even the long weekends go by so fast!! At least this week is a short week for you too. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I am glad that you had a great long weekend. Good job on your kettlebell workout, leg and tabata hit workout and the WWE workout with DH. The carpet was gross, you don't realize it until you rip it out. The fires are about 2 hours away from us up in Whistler. How the wind is blowing is what is keeping it over us. The sky is still hazy and will be for a few more days.

Pam that is a neat idea to put the fan u dear your sheet to stay cool. I am seeing a big difference now even if it is hot. Yes I have kidney disease and I have to get them checked every 6 months to make sure that there is no change in their functioning. Everything is fine we just need to monitor them. Tigger just loves it when he gets his haircut. Too funny about Butters not liking it. As long as he is happy with his hair cut is all that matters. I don't notice the smell of smoke anymore but it still really hazy here. They are having a hard time trying to get the fires under control because of where the are situated. Good job on Drill Max.

Today was RWH Low Impact #1 and core #2. The. I started on the closet ripping out the carpet and painting the ceiling and filling in holes in e wall. I will sure be glad when it is done. Next we have to tackle the bathroom that is attached to the bedroom.

Cheryl

Last night I did the lower body workout from the WWE DVD. DH tried but just couldn’t do it. He decided he wants to go back to doing New Rules of Lifting so we will be starting that on Thursday. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do tonight. So many choices.

Pam Great job on DM! Hmm, I was starting to think about doing Cardio Supersets tonight but then you mentioned DM and now I am back to “I don’t know what to do!”

Cheryl Great job on RWH LI 1 + core 2! You are doing fantastic with all the DIY home projects. I wish I had your energy right now. I have so many deep cleaning things on my list and just look at it and put it back down without doing anything. I heard on the radio someone say that the clouds here in the Midwest are hazy and it is because of the fires in Canada. Weird how far out is affecting things.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Maybe you can try the fan tent if it continues to be so hot there. ;) I hope they are able to get the fires under control soon! Great job on RWH LI1 and Core 2! You have really been going to town with your house work, that is awesome. I bet you will feel so accomplished when you are finished.

[B]Julie[/B] great job on WWE lower body. It must be a tough one if your DH couldn't do it. Uh oh, I didn't mean to make your workout choice harder, but DM really is fun!

This morning for me was Leaner Legs and Abs and I'm not sure if I have ever done it before! I'm thinking that I must have, but there were some moves that were not familiar at all. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did Cardio Supersets! I haven’t done that one in forever. It was actually more fun than I remember and it went by superfast. For this being a short week, Friday seems to be taking forever. It has been cold and rainy here which is making me very tired and sluggish.

Pam Great job on Leaner Legs & Abs! I think I have only done that once. I don’t think the WWE was too tough; DH just didn’t like going at the pace on the DVD. He prefers to lift weights at his own speed. I can kind of relate because sometimes Cathe lifts at warp speed and I am a few reps behind her.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on CSS. It's been a long time since I've done that one all the way through. I have done some of the premixes but not the regular workout. I'm so glad that it was more fun than you remembered it being. Sometimes the short weeks do tend to drag. Probably because we are expecting them to fly! I can understand wanting to go at your own speed with weights too. I don't like going fast with weight work either. I think that's why I don't really like the high rep workouts.

This morning for me was Intensity and it was tough! I was completely soaked when I was finished even though the ac is working again. It's supposed to be 98 here today so I'm happy about that. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night DH was going to start a new weights program with me but the brakes went out in the Jeep and he had to take it to get fixed. Luckily my brother-in-law was able to do the work which saved us an arm and leg. I did do my kettlebell workout.

Pam Great job on Intensity! That one is definitely tough and definitely a sweat soaker. I always think though that once you get past the step portion that it is easier. I would love to have some of that heat. We are usually in the 80s and 90s this time of year but yesterday our high was 68 and today it is supposed to be 75.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your kettlebell workout. Sorry to hear about your Jeep,car problems are terrible. It's great that your BIL could fix it though. I am lucky that way, my DH does almost all of the work on our cars. There are very few repairs that he doesn't know how to do. I agree, the step portion in Intensity is the worst part, although I am not a big fan of some of the hi hiit (can you say frog jumps?) ;) A high of 68, what the heck?! That is much too cold for July! I was laughing at myself last week because I went outside and was thinking how cool it was and it was 87. :rolleyes:

This morning was Crossfire, another doozy. I was happy to see that I have strength on the calendar for tomorrow after back to back intense cardio workouts. I have not wanted to get out of bed either, so I'm happy it's Friday. Have a great day!

Pam

Yesterday my neighbor, Rolly and I walked 4.3 miles in the wilderness near the ocean (couldn't see it though). And a welcome stretch. Today was Basic Step plus Ab routine add on. Thinking about a leisure walk on the beach with Rolly. It's been a few days since we did that. He knows he is missing out.

Pam, Great job on Crossfire. Yep it's a challenge for sure.

Julie,Great job on a Kettlebell workout. Sorry to hear about the brakes, bummer for sure. But now your nice and safe and saved money.

Cheryl, Great job on RWH Low Impact 1 and core 2. Wow, you are busy with ripping out carpet and painting. Good job.

Take care my friends,

Janie

Julie Good job on WWE lower body workout. Sometimes there are workouts that just aren't suited for you. At least your DH knows what he likes and what will keep him working out. It is weird how the winds can move the smoke around. I think the smoke from the fires that you are getting are from Saskatchewan. There are having a real bad fire year there too.

Pam Good job on Leaner Legs and Abs, I like that workout. I may just try out that tent fan idea.

Julie Good job on Cardio Supersets. It is fun and a superfast workout.

Pam Way to go on Intensity. I am not quite ready to tackle that one yet. I believe you when you say you were completely soaked when you were done.

Julie Sorry to hear that the brakes went in your Jeep. At least you have someone who can fix it for you and save you money. Good job on your kettlbell workout.

Pam Good work on Crossfire

Janie Way to go on your walk and stretch. Also on your Basic Step and Ab routine.

Wow but it has been a busy couple of days that is why I haven't had a chance to post. Tuesday night we took down the mirrored closet doors and finished the laminate in the closet. I was going to do a workout on Wednesday but realized that we had put the closet doors in front of my dresser so I couldn't get to my workout clothes. Wednesday we took out the toilet, vanity and floor from the bathroom. Thursday I did STS Plyo Legs I think it was disc 29 and then I went downtown to visit with a co-worker who moved the Ottawa and was here visiting. Today I was trying to get the glue up from the bathroom floor so we can put down new flooring. Man but that is one tough job. I am hoping to get it all done tomorrow.

Today was STS Disc 30 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. After that I spent some time smoothing out the bathroom floor with a sander before we lay down the floor. It is a lot cooler here now and it feels so good after all of the hot weather we had.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Saturday morning I did Maximum Intensity Cardio. Hadn’t done that one in ages because the last time I did it I felt like I was going to die before the step portion even came up but it wasn’t too bad this time. After that, I groomed the dogs, did some regular cleaning and cleaned out the bathroom closet and refrigerator. Then DH and I ran errands. Sunday, DH was not in the mood for getting up early and working out so I did LIS TBT Total Body workout. Almost 90 minutes of fun. I was pooped afterwards so good thing it was lazy day Sunday.

Pam Great job on CrossFire! That’s funny how we each like or dislike different moves. I actually don’t mind the frog jumps but some of the other hi hiit moves are not my favorite (can’t think of any right off hand though). Yep 68 for a high last week and today we will have a high of 96 with a heat index over 100. Love the consistency.

Janie Great job on your walk with your neighbor and Rolly! That is quite a walk at 4.3 miles. Great jbo on BS + abs!

Cheryl Great job on getting so much done around the house! You guys are doing awesome. Great job on STS D29. How nice to get to visit someone you haven’t seen in a long time. I remember helping get the glue up off the basement floor in my parents old house. It was not fun! Great job on STS D30! So glad to see the weather cooling off for you. That will make workouts and working around the house nicer.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.