Strength in Numbers

Last night I did a Get Glutes weight workout and the DH and I went for a walk. DH also got 2 miles in before our walk. Tonight DH has to drop Ozzie off at the veterinary school hospital that is about an hour and a half away. I can’t remember with everything that has been going on lately if I already told you this but we found out Ozzie might have a tumor in his left eye ball. Tomorrow morning they are going to do surgery to remove the possible tumor so he has to stay overnight tonight so he is ready for surgery first thing in the morning. I feel so bad for him because he has no idea what is going to be going on.

Pam Great job on 40/20 and Core Max 2! I think those split jumps are always hard but after leg day they can be torture. You are so good for adding on extra pikes at the end. 7 hours of training makes me want to take a nap. It is days like that where you just want to go home and sleep until morning. That sounds like a pretty good size group for the expedition. I don’t know much about Vietnam but I am sure there is plenty to do over there.

Cheryl Great job on 4DS Kickbox! So happy you got all the renos done. Oh boy! Have your cats been around the neighbor’s dog before? What kind is it? I wonder if they will hide from the dog. It is funny to see how dogs and cats interact. Sometimes they are fine with each other and other times not so much.

Have a great day!

Cheryl CONGRATULATIONS on getting the renos done! I know you must be so happy!! I bet it looks fantastic! I am excited about the trip but also feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out all of the details. I know we don't have to figure everything out now, but we do want to try and get flights pretty quickly because we want to use miles and those always have to be booked as far in advance as possible.
Great job on 4DS kickbox, I'm glad you are able to get back to your workouts. Oh boy, your poor cats, how did they do with the dog?

Julie Great job on GG and your walk. That is great that your DH is doing all of that walking. I hope he enjoys it. Oh no, poor Ozzie, a tumor in his eye? Will he lose his sight in that eye after the surgery? Poor guy, it is so hard when they are going through something like that. Hugs to all of you! I don't know much about Vietnam yet either, but starting to do some research to figure out what we need to do.

This morning was supposed to be S&H Chest and Back, but since I don't have S&H I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps. Can you say pushups? Ouch! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on your Get Glutes workout and your walk with DH. Poor Ozzie I hope everything will be fine with him. I hate leaving them at the vets because you can't explain to them why they are there. Our cats are very familiar with our neighbours dog. He is a labradoodle and we have looked after him in the past. All three of our cats react differently. Taylis could care less, Tigger hid under the bed and Tango kept an eye on him the whole time making sure he behaved. I had all of them inside and outside and everyone got along.

Pam It does feel great to have all of the renos done. Now the rest of the place looks old and worn out. When you use miles you do have to book super early. I hope you get the flights that you want. The cats did fine with the dog. We have looked after him before and he usually doesn't stray too far from me. If he chased after the cats it would be a totally different story. Good job on Gym Style Chest and Triceps. Yep my triceps are always talking to me the next day after that one.

So yesterday morning I did Step Moves and this morning I did RWH Plyo 1. Today I went downtown to meet up with my old Assistant Director for lunch. It was good to catch up and find out everything that is happening.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night I did Hardstrikes no conditioning. Then DH and I went on a walk. Ozzie’s surgery is this morning and hopefully I will hear something before lunch on whether they were able to keep his eye. They keep telling us they should be able to remove the tumor and keep the eye but then they won’t know till they get in there. Then when DH was on his way home from dropping Ozzie off, the vet called and told him they found a heart murmur. Not sure what that means but they said it was low grade and wouldn’t affect the surgery. DH is a nervous wreck.

Pam Great job on GS C&T and all those pushups! That is such a tough way to start a workout with 72 pushups. Almost makes the rest of the workout seem easy. The vet doesn’t know yet about his sight until they get in there and see how deep the tumor is. They think it might not go very deep and be a simple surgery to remove the tumor and keep his eye.

Cheryl Great job on Step Moves and RWH Plyo 1! DH said Ozzie was excited about going to the vet but I doubt he still felt that way later that night. I just kept picturing him in his crate whining all night. That is good the dog and cats get along. How funny that they all have a different way of dealing with him. Labradoodles are so cute and gently. I am sure he would love to snuggle the kitties if they would only let him.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Uh oh, sounds like you might be doing some projects in the rest of the house before too long! :) We started looking at flights last night. We are probably going to be able to get the ones that we want, but it will cost a lot more miles that we were expecting. Even though not a single seat is sold on any of the flights yet, the milesaver option is not available o_O Luckily DH has about a million miles though, so we should be ok, but will probably use most of them. It sounds like the dog is a little intimidated but the cats. Isn't that funny? Our boxer was really afraid of one of our cats because he swatted him on the nose once when he got too close. After that he wouldn't get anywhere near him!
Great job on SM and RWH Plyo 1. That one kills me with all of those burpees!! I bet it was nice to hear about what has been happening at work without having to be there every day!

Julie Poor Ozzie, I hope everything goes smoothly and that he is able to keep his eye. I hope the heart murmur isn't anything serous either. Not the kind of news you want to he hearing, especially when he is already going through this. Will he have to spend another night there, or does he get to come home? I think I would be a nervous wreck too. Great job on HardStrikes and your walk! I really consider it to be more like 80 pushups in GS C&T since she pulls the 2 counts down/up on the set of 4 and 4 counts down/up on the set of 2! That is especially cruel!

This morning was LIHI legs. I added in the blast only premix to make it a little longer, but I had to pause a few times because it just goes straight from one blast to the next whew! Then I did the abs from Cardio and weights. Tonight we are going to see Elvis Costello and Steely Dan, so I don't know if I'll be able to drag myself out of bed for a workout or not.....Oh man, I started to say Happy Friday and then realized it is only Thursday :mad: UGH. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Hardstrikes and your walk with DH. I hope everything goes well for Ozzie and he can keep his eye. Tango has a heart murmur too, it hasn't affected him at all. I am not sure if Leo would want to snuggle with the cats or not. He was more concerned about keeping close to me.

Pam The rest of our place looks pretty old now, I guess there will be some more projects coming up ;). With how much traveling both you and DH do I am sure you have a lot of miles saved up. Good work on LIHI Legs and the abs from Cardio and Weights. Enjoy Elvis Costello and Steely Dan tonight.

This morning I did STS Total Body. It had been years since I have done that one and my arms were shaking at the end. After that it was some housework and grocery shopping. I am not sure if I will be working out tomorrow or not. We just re-caulked the tub so I won't be able to take a shower tomorrow morning and Intensity is on tap. Maybe I will be able to fit it in tomorrow afternoon instead. I will have to see.

Cheryl

Cheryl I think the projects can be never ending! I have several in mind that I would like to do, but we will have to see how time and $$ go! Great job on STS Total Body. That is a good one, I haven't done it in awhile either. You know you are getting a great workout when your arms are shaking! You mean you don't want to do Intensity and then just be dirty all day? Where is your sense of adventure? ;)

There was no workout for me this morning. We didn't get home until about midnight so sleep won over Cathe. The concert was really good though. I have seen Steely Dan so many times, but they are still really good and they were especially good last night. Sometimes Donald Fagan's voice seems to be weak, but he was strong last night. Happy Friday everyone, have a great weekend!

Pam

Yesterday was a very weird day. It started out good when we found out Ozzie's surgery went well. The tumor was deeper than they thought but they were able to save his eye. He is on a steroid, pain killers, and eye ointment. After we got home from picking him up, we noticed something wrong with Maggie. She has always had trouble walking because of her arthritis but last night she was stumbling all over the place, falling down, and not wanting to eat. We thought maybe she was having a stroke so we sent a video to our vet. They told us there was definitely something neurological going on and to bring her in first thing in the morning. So no workout last night and I had to take the day off work to get her to the vet. They told us it is vestibular disease which affects older dogs and is a condition of the inner ear. I liken it to vertigo in humans. They said she could get better in the next couple weeks. We were really scared last night we might have to put her down so we are pretty hopeful know with that news. Here's hoping to a better weekend and next week. I feel like I have been through the wringer.

Pam great job on LIHI Legs Extreme + C&W abs! I can imagine it would be tough to do the blasts only especially after the regular workout. Glad you slept in after such a late night. It would be tough to get in a workout with getting home so late.

Cheryl great job on STS TB! Awe poor Leo probably missed his people. I would not want to do Intensity and not be able to take a shower either. There are some Cathe workouts you can do and not shower after and be fine. intensity is not one of them.

Have a great day!

Pam Haha my sense of adventure of not showering after doing Intensity is gone :p. I really didn't want to be stinky all day long. I am glad that you enjoyed Steely Dan. We saw them quite a few years ago and really enjoyed the concert.

Julie I am so happy that things went fine for Ozzie. I really hope that Maggie will get better. {{{HUGS}}} to you, what a stressful week you have had. Keep us posted with how both Ozzie and Maggie are doing.

Well I didn't workout on Friday, no sense of adventure for me to not shower after doing Intensity LOL. Today I did MMA Kickbox, for some reason I felt really tired and didn't want anything too hard. My SIL arrives tomorrow night so we have been busy getting organized here. I will try to keep posting while she is visiting.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Cheryl

Where does the time go! Been doing yoga cause it seems to really help me with my strength, balance and limber.

Been super busy. My sister came to visit me. My poor sister, when she came here last year and saw her here again a couple days ago, been noticing a mental problem in her. I've always suspected it for a long time now, but this time there is no doubt. She has an attention disorder. She always wants to be the subject, drama (OMG!), center of attention always. She finds ways to make everything about her. She does strange things for attention, she asks people if she can harass them and then hugs them. Mind you these are cashier, my friends... and she will see things on the road and makes me stop to pick up garbage so she can reuse it in her crafts. It's hard for her to focus on other subjects and many more examples...It was one of the most stressful times I've spent with someone. I love her, but it was very difficult and so sad that she has deteriorated in such a short time. I yie I!

Read everyone's posts and it seems everyone is on track. Good for you.

Julie, I'm glad Ozzie's eye surgery went well and Maggie might be on the mend. Poor things.

Take care,

Janie

Julie Oh my gosh, what a day you had! I'm glad to hear that things went well with Ozzie's surgery and that they were able to save his eye. poor little guy, I bet he is in pain though. What a scare with Maggie, wow! I'm glad that the news was much better than expected, you must have been so stressed out! I hope she is doing better soon! You poor thing, I hope you had a relaxing and stress free weekend!

Cheryl Hehehehe, I can't believe you didn't want to spend the day stinky! ;) Great job on MMA Kickbox. How long will your SIL be visiting you? I hope you have a great time while she is there.

Janie Great job doing yoga, it is so wonderful for you! Oh no, it sounds like your sister really has some issues, so sorry to hear that. Big hugs to you, I can't imagine how stressful that must have been. Sending big {{{HUGS}}} to you!

Friday night we were pretty tired and just hung out at home. Saturday I doubled up on my workout since I missed Friday and did GSBSB and 30/30 and then the core work from Step, Jump and Pump. After that I did some work in the yard and then DH and I went and skiied. Sunday morning was Imax 2 and then just laundry and work around the house. This morning was GS Legs. Only 2 days of work for me this week because we are heading to Erie for a wedding on Wednesday. We are going to another concert tonight, so hopefully I will get my workout in tomorrow! Have a great day!

Pam

So this weekend, we had to keep a pretty good eye on both dogs to make sure Ozzie didn’t paw at his eye and Maggie could get around without stumbling into things or falling down the stairs. I was able to get Pedal Power in on Saturday morning and Get Glutes strength workout in on Sunday morning. Back to work again. DH is home with the dogs this week so that will be good.

Cheryl Great job on MMA Kickbox! I do not blame you for not working out with no shower available. Enjoy your visit with your SIL!

Janie Great job on keeping up with yoga! Yes it is very important and helps with strength, balance, and flexibility. So sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she has someone who lives by her that can take care of her if she is having problems.

Pam Great job on your double duty GSBSB and 30/30 plus SJP core! Great job on Imax 2 and your favorite Jeannie Hops and then for GS Legs! You have a busy week with the concert, traveling, and the wedding.

Have a great day!

Last night I did RWH LI 1&2. I love doing that combo. Would have loved to go for a walk with DH but it was so humid and hot outside. I stepped outside just for a moment and thought I was going to gag on how hot it was. Maggie is slowly getting a little better. She doesn’t quite look so drunk anymore when she walks but we still have to straighten her out at times. She also doesn’t eat all of her food anymore like she used to but is at least eating.

Have a great day!

Julie How is Maggie doing, does she seem to be any better? It is good that your DH will be home with them this week withj so much going on! Great job on PP and GG. Also on RWH LI 1&2. I almost did that combo this morning, but ended up doing 40/20 instead. It almost killed me! Oh seeing now that Maggie is getting a little better, so happy to see that. What a strange and scary thing! We are actually having a bit cooler weather now. Our highs are only in the mid 80s or so and we are in the 60's at night. I even had to have a blanket on me when I sat on the screened porch the other night!

As I was telling Julie, this morning was 40/20. I was so happy when it was over, I could not have done one more second! I'm not sure why it was so hard, but it sure was. Maybe because I got to bed later than usual because of the concert, and DH had to get up early for a flight. He has a crazy day - 7 am flight to LA, an hour and half meeting with a customer and then 9:30 flight home tonight. He gets back at 5:30 tomorrow morning. Yuck. And then we drive to Pennsylvania. I told him to fly to Pennsylvania from LA and just meet us there, but of course he won't do that :rolleyes: I suspect I will be doing some of the driving for a change though....! Have a great day!

Pam

Janie good work on your yoga. Time does fly by though doesn't it. Sorry to hear about your sister. I hope that there is someone who will be able to help her work out here issues.

Pam my SIL will be staying with us for two weeks but she will be spending a couple of days with her son and DIL this Sunday and Monday? Wow that was some workout that you did on Saturday good for you. Good work on your skiing , yard work and GS Legs. You guys go to a lot of concerts. I can't remember the last time we went to a concert, my DH doesn't like to do that anymore.

Julie good work on Pedal Power and Get Glutes and RWH LI 1&2. I am happy to hear that both Ozzie and Maggie are doing better. It is so stressful when they are sick. it is. It nice when it is that hot out. I hope it cools down for you soon.

Pam good job on 40/20. That is not an easy workout. That is one crazy day for your DH. I am sure he will appreciate that you will be driving to Pennsylvania tomorrow.

So Sunday I did a premix of Yoga Relax and then finished getting things ready for my SIL's visit. We picked her up at the airport Sunday evening and then stayed up late catching up. Yesterday we took her out as she needed to get some things done and we will be doing the same thing today and then we will have a BBQ with all the neighbours tonight. I haven't had a chance to workout as we have been pretty busy and I haven't been getting much sleep. I will see if I can squeeze something in tomorrow.

Cheryl

Been doing my yoga and it feels sooooo good to my body. Strength, balance, breathing, calmness...I need this right now.

Julie, Great job on RWH LI 1&2. So sorry your weather is so hot and humid. Must be miserable. Glad Maggie is doing a little better. Poor sweet heart.

Pam, Great job on 40/20. I really like that series. They are all progressively harder. You go girl! Trips to LA, and home. Yuck is RIGHT! Be safe driving to Pennsylvania.

Cheryl, Great job on prem. of Yoga Relax. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your SIL's visit. Enjoy it.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Things got really crazy yesterday at work and I didn’t get a chance to post. I am still really busy but had been trying to get my posting in before I got distracted by work. I did do a Get Glutes strength workout Tuesday night and did Intensity Step + Hi Hiit last night. DH has fallen off the workout bandwagon and is starting to eat junky again. He is really stressed about the dogs lately with Ozzie’s eye surgery and Maggie’s problems and is not handling it well. I am trying to not say anything and let him come back to this on his own.

Pam Great job on 40/20! I almost did that one last night and then decided Intensity at the last moment. I am sure your late night and early morning affected you being able to do it with full energy. Well I guess that is kind of sweet that he wants to fly back home and drive with you to Pennsylvania.

Cheryl Great job on Yoga Relax! Sounds like you are having a good time visiting your SIL right now. If you don’t get in many (or any) while she is there, at least you will be having fun visiting her.

Janie Great job on keeping up with your yoga! We are in for another hot weekend. Highs in the 90s with high humidity.

Have a great day!

Did more yoga the last couple of days. Some days longer than others. Eventually will create a rotation doing yoga and using Cathe's DVD's. Especially when she is done making ICE. Then will incorporate that series for sure. Have it half assed on paper and will tweak it for awhile until I like it. I have a lot of different yoga instructors and will incorporate most into this rotation. I'll be going to Shelton on Monday to get the rest of my yoga DVD's and will concentrate more on this task when I get back to the BH. I think it will be good for me and where I am in life. I'm getting excited about it. Gentle but effective strength training on the many ways Cathe has created her DVD's, cardio such as fast walking the beach/cardio machine, step ups, and yoga in so many different practices. Can't wait to get started.
I know I can't do advance workouts anymore, my body simply gets hurt if I do those kinds of workouts. And it's OK. As I get older I may one day have to do beginner workouts all the time, but I'm not there yet. But I use beginners as a stepping stone to get to intermediate.. I will move always, as long as my body will allow me to. LOL! I'm babbling.

Julie, I'm glad you were able to post even though you are sooooooo busy. Whew! Great job on Get Glutes strength WO on Tues. and Last nights Intensity Step + Hi Hiit last night. I'm sorry to hear about hubby falling off the wagon. Stress will do that to you and being addicted to sugar and all the chemicals in our food doesn't help either. I hope he does come back, he's already come a long way. Try to stay cook in the weather you are having. YIKES!

Take care and give hubby a hug for me and tell him he is inspiring to me. Looking forward to hearing more about his workouts.

Janie

Didn’t get a chance to post on Friday. Super busy at work again that day. It didn’t slow down until about 15 minutes before I was getting ready to leave. Anyway, I did do Get Glutes on Thursday. Saturday I did a long workout of Tabatacise and Pedal Power because DH and I were going to Red Robin for lunch and then a cookout at my sister’s for dinner. Sunday I did Get Glutes. We stayed at my sisters really late on Saturday and I am still tired from going to bed so late.

Janie Love that you are doing what you can and especially all the yoga. Yoga is definitely good for you. I love your attitude that you will always move. I can’t wait for the ICE series to come out as I am sure you can’t either.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I hope you are enjoying your time with your SIL. yes, we really enjoy going to concerts and we have some friends that really like to go too, so we usually go together. Great job on YR. You shouldn't stress about trying to get your workouts in, just enjoy your family while they are there and do what you can. You worked so hard preparing for their visit so you deserve to enjoy it.

Janie Good for you doing your yoga! Nothing like strength, balance, breathing, and calmness!

Julie Great job on GG and Intensity! Sorry to hear that your DH has fallen off the wagon. I hope that he is able to refocus once things settle down with the dogs a little. How are they doing??

Janie Great job on your yoga workouts. It sounds like you have a solid plan for keeping active. I think you have the right idea. It's not important to keep doing the advanced workouts, but to keep moving and being active. The ICE workouts sound like they will fir perfectly into your plan!

Julie Great job on GG, Tabatacise and PP!! Wow, that is a SERIOUS double header there! I hope you enjoyed Red Robin! Great job on GG on Sunday too.

I did High Step Training on Wednesday morning and then got ready for the trip. We were taking Ashley's stuff to Virgina Tech on the way, so I picked up a U Haul trailer for that and we got it loaded. DH got home a little after 6 and slept for about 4 hours. Ashley had to work until 12:30, so we didn't get on the road until 2 pm. My DH ended up driving the entire trip, and with the stop at Virginia Tech and then dropping off the UHaul we didn't end up getting to PA until 2 am. I don't know how he did it! Thursday was a fairly lazy day, but we did take a bike ride with my SIL and BIL to go get lunch and then did a short ride around town. No workout on Friday morning, but Saturday I went to the gym with my SIL and we did a circuit workout which was tough! The wedding on Saturday was beautiful. It was outside right on the lakefront and the weather was perfect. Sunday we left around 10:00 and dropped Eric at the airport in Pittsburgh on the way home. We ended up getting home around 9:30 last night and I was exhausted. This morning was RWH LIHI back, shoulders and biceps. I was glad it wasn't a cardio day! Happy Monday!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.