Strength in Numbers

Last night I needed to do a quick workout because I ended up spending almost 2 hours on the phone with tech support before I could even get my workout in. Having problems with our cell phones recognizing our wifi in our house and nether the cell phone provider or internet provider seem to know what is going on and just pass it off as the other company’s problem. So frustrating! Anyway, I ended up doing X10 CB + Hi/Lo-no weights. Came in right at 30 minutes and was quick and intense.

Pam Great job on HST Wednesday! I’m exhausted for your husband just reading what he did. How he did it is beyond me. Was he drinking a lot of coffee to help? The bike ride sounds fun. Great job on your circuit workout before the wedding. I love outdoor weddings but they also scare me because you never know what the weather will be like. Glad it was perfect. Great job on RWH LIHI BSB after a late night back. Ozzie is back to his old rambunctious self; Maggie is doing ok. She seems to be over the vertigo-like issues but of course still has a hard time getting around because of her joints.

Have a great day!

Julie Oh, the problems with the wifi and the hours of working with technical support both sound so frustrating. I hope that intense workout helped relieve some of that. Great job on X10 CB and Hi/lo, that sounds like a great combo. I'm glad to hear that Ozzie is back to his old self and that Maggie's vertigo is doing better. How old is she now? We used to give our Boxer glucosomine(sp?), but I'm not really sure if it helped. I think my DH had like 1 coffee after dinner and that was it. I have no idea how he was able to stay awake. He is really stubborn though. I wanted to stop somewhere and finish the drive in the morning, but I knew when we got in the car that would never happen!

This morning was Imax 3. I was much more prepared for it today than I would have been yesterday. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night was a Get Glutes strength session. This morning DH is dropping Maggie off at the vet. They are doing joint injections to help her with her arthritis. She will be under light sedation which I know is not full anesthesia but it still makes me nervous because she is 12 years old. I’ll be on pins and needles until they call with good news.

Pam Great job on Imax 3! Definitely need to be rested for that one. We give Maggie glucosamine. I don’t know if it helps either but it is cheap to give so we keep doing it.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your GG strength session. I hope everything goes well with Maggie at the vet today. I would be nervous too.

This morning was Pyramid Lower body and I added in the abs from cardio and weights. Intensity is on the calendar for tomorrow and I'm nervous already! Cheryl, I hope you are enjoying your SILs visit!

Pam

Still working on my rotation. There are a lot of DVD's to go through. But I'm getting there. And still doing yoga. I did Aerobic Yoga today. I love that one.

Read all the posts and you all seems to be working hard at exercising and staying healthy.

Sorry I have to go, will talk again.

Take care,

Janie

The vet decided not to put Maggie under light sedation. She said it was too risky. They were supposed to do injections in all her joints but since they couldn’t do the light sedation, they decided to just do her elbows and see if that helps. If it does, we can bring her back in and have her other joints done one at a time. She was walking slow yesterday but the vet said it could take a few days before we notice any changes if it is even going to work. I was able to get AOLIH in last night.

Pam Great job on PLB + C&W abs! I love PLB but haven’t done it in so long. Right now I feel like I am in a slump with my workouts and not sure what I want to do so keep repeating the same things. I need to get a plan in order.

Janie Great job on keeping up with yoga! There are a lot of DVDs to go through. Some of Cathe’s are intermediate or can be easily modified down to intermediate. I consider the MMAs to be intermediate and you can definitely take any of the jumping out easily by skipping the cardio blasts.

Have a great day!

Janie There sure are a lot of DVDs to go through! Great job on aerobic yoga. It sounds interesting. I am starting to enjoy stretching more, maybe I'll even get to liking yoga. I hope so!! You have been quite the busy lady, I hope you are doing well!

Julie Oh boy, poor Maggie and poor you guys for going through all of this. Hang in there. I was in a slump for a little while too so I just picked a rotation and put it on my calendar. Since I discovered rotations I have a hard time not using one. Great job on AOLIH.

This morning was intensity for me. I realized that I have recently changed from really looking forward to the intense cardio workouts to having a bit of a feeling of dread about them. :eek: It was good though and of course I felt great when I was done. Happy Thursday!

Pam

Last night I did a Get Glutes strength workout. Maggie is really limping and seems to be in pain more than usual. The vet warned us that Maggie would be sore for a few days but I didn’t expect this. I hope she is right in that it will get better. I am feeling bad for putting her through this. Another day full of meetings. So busy at work and do not have a lot of time to get things done. Oh well, meetings should make the day go by fast.

Pam Great job on Intensity! I think I ebb and flow with my workouts. Sometimes I want really intense and other times I dread it. I also have spurts of just wanting to weight train and then just wanting to do cardio with weights sprinkled in. I need to find a good balance.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on you GG workout. Oh. that must be killing you to see Maggie in so much pain. It sounds like you were smart to just do the elbows first to see how things go. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon. Yep, meetings can make the day go faster, but then you get to the end of the day with nothing done! I hate that! I was always a cardio junkie and hated doing weights until I started doing Cathe's weight workouts. I still never want to just weight train though :D.

We are going to be out of town again this weekend and I had short workouts for both today and tomorrow so I doubled them up. I did RWH Plyo hiit 2 and LIHI Chest, shoulders, and triceps. I was really week this morning and my muscles are still shaky! I'm not sure what that was all about, maybe Intensity yesterday and doing Plyo hiit first wore me out...... Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Pam

Yoga, Love me yoga. And a nice walk on the beach with Rolly. Seems I've missed a lot of that lately.

Julie, Need to say this to you. Mind you, I don't know the extent of Maggie's illness. If Maggie isn't seeing improvement in her pain by way of shots in the joints then you might want to stop her suffering. Only you will know when it's the right time. I had to make that decision with my Molly, and it was hard, but I know I couldn't let her suffer. It's SO hard and I know it's none of my business, but as a friend I needed to say it. xoxo Just tell me where to go if I'm out of line.
Great job on Get Glutes last night.

Pam, Wow doubling up on workouts is really hard. No wonder you were feeling week and shaky muscles. Have a great weekend as well, be safe in your travels.

Take care,

Janie

Hi everyone. Sorry for being MIS for so long but we were really busy with my SIL's visit. You are all doing well with your workouts and Julie I hope Maggie is doing better. I only got a couple of workouts in while she was here but I am hoping to get back into the swing of things tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Cheryl

Friday night we ended up calling the vet because Maggie was not getting better and actually seemed to be getting worse. They recommended that we ice her elbows a couple of times a day. I wish they would have told us that in the beginning. By last night she was back to herself again with just her normal amount of limping. She was even barking and trying to go down stairs. Saturday morning I doubled up my workouts and did Plyo 2 & 1. I thought I would be ok because I have been making it through Tabatacise with no pauses but I had to pause when I got to Plyo 1 a few times. After that, we went to my mom’s for a get together for her birthday. Sunday it was a Get Glutes strength workout and then being lazy the rest of the day.

Pam Great job on Plyo 2 and LIHI CST! I am sure that doing Plyo 2 first made it harder to lift weights. It was really crushing DH and I to watch Maggie go through so much. I am glad that we only did her elbows too or else she probably would not have been able to walk at all. She is getting better although this morning it was 50 outside and she was a little stiff because of it.

Janie No worries on what you said. DH and I have said if it gets to the point that she no longer wants food or can’t get up on her own, that would be the time. She wasn’t there even with all the pain. She kept getting up and following me from room to room no matter that she limped the whole way. She is doing better but I think she is now at that age where it is just a day to day situation to see how she does.

Cheryl Glad you had a great time with your SIL!

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on your yoga and your walk on the beach with Rolly! It's important to have that quality time doing things you love.

Chery Nice to hear from you. I hope you had a wonderful visit with your SIL!

Julie You must have been so frustrated with the vet, but I'm so glad to hear that Maggie is doing better. I know that must be a huge relief for you both. Great job on Plyo 2&1. I tired that combo once and I could not make it all the way through. I think the only way I *might* be able to do it would be to do Plyo 1 first. That one always takes my breath away. Great job making it through, I think the pauses are necessary! Great job on GG on Sunday. I hope your mom had a nice birthday.

Friday night after work we headed to our friends lake house on Smith Mountain Lake. On Saturday morning we all skiied a set and then went out for lunch at the Marina and then hung out in a cove swimming before going back to their house to play corn hole and make dinner. Sunday I had a cooking class so we had to leave by 7:30 so I could get back for that. It was a really fun class and we made several dishes that I would definitely make again. This morning was Tabatacise for me. I made it through all 5 rounds with no extra pauses so I was happy about that. I was completely drenched when I was finished though! Happy Monday!

Pam

Julie how frustrating about the vet not telling you to ice her elbows. Good for you in doing Plyo 1&2. I think that would have been a tough one to do without breaks. Good work on your Get Glutes workout too.

Pam sounds like you have a lot of fun at your friends house on the lake. I saw the pictures that you posted on FB on your cooking class. It looked like fun. Good job on Tabatacise. I am thinking that is one I should pull out again.

We had fun while my SIL was here but it is nice getting back to normal. Saturday I did RWH lower body Circut, Sunday was Yoga Relax and this morning I started a 12 week TRX program and added on the bonus step routine from Cardio Supersets. After that I did some yard work, the leaves are already starting to fall here because it has been so dry.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night I was totally blanking on what to do. So I went a little old school and did Kick Max Bootcamp /Kickbox Challenge. This premix puts the intervals first and then does combos 1, 3, & 4. It was pretty good. I could not get through the power scissor interval though. That is tough when it is towards the end. Maggie is still doing better. We are only icing her once a day during the week but will try to do 2 times on the weekends.

Pam Sounds like you had a great weekend! Did I see on FB that you made octopus? Great job on Tabatacise and making it through all 5 rounds with no pauses. That always makes me smile when I can do that. I decided to put Plyo 2 first because it is on the step and I sometimes feel like I need all my energy for anything involving the step and jumping on or over it. Even though I only use 1 riser.

Cheryl Great job on your workouts: RSH LBC Saturday, YR on Sunday, and starting your 12 week TRX program with CS step add-on! Wow that is early for the leaves to be falling. Hopefully you will get some relief from the dry weather. When it is too dry, DH tends to get nose bleeds which is no fun. I was really surprised that the vet didn't suggest that right away. They are normally so good so I am hoping they just had an off day.

Have a great day!

Cheryl That is a long time to have house guests. No matter how enjoyable it is, it is always nice to get back to your routines too. Great job on RWH Lower body, yoga relax, TRX and bonus step workouts! it sounds like you jumped right back in with both feet! Wow, this is early to have to get rid of leaves. I hate hearing that because I don't want summer to end! The kids went back to school this week here, which is also a bad sign to me!

Julie Great job on your kickbox workout. I seem to recall most of those intervals being tough. I'm so glad to hear that Maggie is continuing to improve! Yes, we did make octopus. We cooked 6 but only used 2 of them in an octopus salad. I noticed that octopus is on the restaurants current menu though, so I'm guessing those other 4 did not go to waste :)

All of the workouts on the calendar this week are pretty short ones so I am planning some doubling up or add ons. This morning was PS Back, Biceps and abs, and I added on X10 cardio blast. That was a good combo. The PS workouts are not so heavy, so no shaking muscles today. have a great day!

Pam

Julie good job on your Kick Max Bootcamp/Kickbox Challenge. I am glad that Maggie is doing better. The leaves aren't falling too badly yet, there are still thousands left on the tree :eek: but this is the earliest that I have raked them up. No fun for your DH to get nose bleeds when the weather is too dry.

Pam yes it was nice to get back to my routines. The kids here don't go back to school until after Labour Day so they have a bit more time to enjoy summer. Good job on PS Back, Biceps and Abs and the X10 Cardio Blast add on.

So today I did day 2 of my TRX Force Training. Then we went to the passport office to submit our applications in for new passports. We will need them when we go to Vegas in November. Then it was a relaxing afternoon.

Cheryl

Last night I did a Get Glutes strength workout. I really pushed my weight yesterday and was huffing and puffing and sweating like a beast. I’m surprised I am not more sore this morning but maybe it will hit me like a train later.

Pam Great job on PS BBA + X10 CB! That sounds like a good combo and right about at the hour mark or a little over. So how was the octopus? I have had calamari but I believe that is squid.

Cheryl Great job on your TRX workout! I have a TRX (well knock off) at home but have only used it for inverted rows. I am thinking about using it for assisted pistols some time but am not sure what else to do with it.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I'm not sure why the kids here go back to school so early, the day after Labor Day was always typical for us when we were growing up. Great job on your TRS Force Training. I still haven't tried one of those things, but they seem like you can get a really good workout.

Julie Great job on your GG beast workout! Hmmm....I hope you don't get hit TOO badly with DOMS! The Octopus was pretty good. It really doesn't have much of a flavor at all. We made an octopus salad with tomatoes, red onion, celery, capers, olive oil and it was served on crostini. I thought it was good but nothing special.

This morning I did the RWH LI Hiit 1&2 combo and then the abs from High Step Challenge. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie good job on your Get Glutes workout. You can do a full body workout with the TRX and I am assuming you could do that same with what you have. I would go to YouTube and do a search and see what comes up.

Pam It has always been after Labour Day when the kids go back to school even when I was still going to school and that is a very long time ago. The TRX does give you a really good workout. It is surprising how hard to work just using your body weight. Good job on RWH LI Hiit 1&2 combo and the abs from High Step Challenge.

Today I did PRS #2. I was drenched by the end of it. After that I did some housework and then we went grocery shopping. It is cooling down here and then it is supposed to rain by tomorrow night. I am really hoping that it does rain because we need it so badly.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.