Strength in Numbers

Last night I did Afterburn with DH. I have a feeling we will be doing this one for a long time. Maybe I will learn to like the spiderman climbers. Doubtful but you never know. We have been having gorgeous weather lately. So happy Spring has sprung!

Janie Oh that sounds scary and like you could have done more damage. I’m glad you didn’t get too too hurt. Hopefully you will be back at gardening and exercising in a week or less. Definitely trying to drink lots of liquids. I still have a little cough but seems to be better than yesterday.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on D14 and for being smart and not pushing the cardio. I have been fighting allergies for the last few weeks. They are just terrible this year and it has been making me crazy. I feel like I am tired all of the time, I am so ready for allergy season to be over. I knew you would have those push up count for me! You are so funny! I did sit down and look at the rotation in detail and it turns out it ISN't all meso 1. Nect week is from meso 2, so I might be completely done with the nasty pushups already :)

This morning was RWH Low impact Hiit 1 plus bonus abs 2. That is a pretty easy one and it was just right for me this morning. I noticed the whole rotation seems to be the RWH Hiit workouts mixed with STS for the most part, so I may be subbing in some 30/30 and 42/20 to get some variety in there.

Oops, I see once again I forgot to hit the Post Reply Button yesterday!

Janie So sorry about your wrist, that whole fall sounds terrible! I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better so quickly.

This morning for me was STS disc 2 back and biceps. It went by really quickly. I am still feeling the DOMs from Monday's chest extravaganza. Not sure if I will get a workout in in the morning or not because we have family arriving for a wedding this weekend. They are leaving Pennsylvania around 4:30 this afternoon and arriving sometime in the middle of the night. I might be able to sneak it in while they are still sleeping in the morning. This week has flown by for me!

Pam

Last night I did TBT Total Body Express premix. It was fun and I am glad I only had half of the pushups to do. Still really busy at work but I am so glad it is Friday. I am hoping to get everything off my today’s to-do list so I can go into the weekend feeling accomplished.

Pam Great job on RWH LI1 + abs 2! You could always sub in DWP with the 4 sets of Quarter Turn Jumps or the blasts only from Imax 2 with the Jeannie Hops! Great job on STS disc2! That sounds nice to be done with the pushups already you lucky duck! Enjoy your family visit and the wedding.

Have a great day!

A little early yet, but plan on walking the beach with Rolly. It's beautiful out there!

Julie, Great job on TBT TBE premix. I hope you have a great weekend to enjoy.

Pam, Great job on your workouts. Enjoy your family.

Julie, Great job on Afterburn with DH. I lake afterburn, it burns just fine. LOL Glad to see hubby is still in there. Yea!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Friday, DH went to his chiropractor and PT and they told him his lower back pain was from his hip flexors. He is going back every day this week to get those worked out. He was told to take the weekend off and they will let him know today what he can do. So Saturday I did Pedal Power Extreme and then it was the usual Saturday fun of errands and chores. The weather was beautiful and I really wanted to take the dogs to the park but we had too much to do. Sunday I did STS TB and then was lazy while it was rainy and yucky outside.

Janie Hope you got your walk in the beautiful weather!

Have a great day!

Janie Oh boy, home grown lettuce, that sounds great! I do rosemary and basil but that is usually about it. I may try to do some more herbs this year.

Julie Great job on your Total Body express workout on Friday. I hope you were able to get everything done at work that you were hoping to. You are so funny, you probably noticed that DWP wasn't on my list of subs. I do like the idea of doing some Imax blast only pre-mixes as a hiit sub though.

Janie I hope you enjoyed your beach walk and your beautiful day and I hope that the wrist is continuing to heal nicely.

Julie Great job on PPE and STS TB. Glad to hear that your DH is hopefully getting his back pain taken care of! I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to take advantage of your beautiful weather on Saturday.

I was able to get my workouts in as planned over the weekend. My SIL didn't arrive until 3 am Friday but we didn't even hear them come in. I was up and had RWH Plyo Hiit 2 and Bonus abs 1 finished before they got up. Friday we made pies for the wedding and then went and had pedicures and lunch before the rehearsal dinner. Saturday morning I did STS disc 3 legs and I still have some pretty good DOMs today! The wedding was beautiful. It was outside and there was a thunderstorm a couple of hours before, but luckily it went through and was nice for the wedding. It was pretty muddy out there, but it was a beautiful ceremony and fun reception. Yesterday was my rest day. We spent the night near the wedding, went out for brunch with DHs brother and his family and then came home and just lazed around. This morning was Plyo Hiit 2 again with Bonus abs 2. I'm now sure how Monday happened again so fast, but here we are. Have a good one!

Pam

Last night I did RWH UBC while DH pedaled on my spin bike for about 20 minutes. He went 10 minutes, took about a 5 minute break and then did another 10. He didn’t really care for riding the bike and said he is going to try to talk the doctor into letting him go back to Afterburn.

Pam Great job on getting all your workouts in with such a busy weekend! I’ve never been to a wedding where they had pie instead of cake. I love outdoor weddings but it is so hard to predict the weather so far in advance. Glad that everything worked out and it was a gorgeous day. I’m right there with you that I don’t know how the weekends go by so fast. But here we are again at work waiting for Friday.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on RWH UBC. I don't blame your DH for not wanting to pedal, I don't really like it without an organized program of some sort to follow either. Good for him for sticking with it though, hopefully his Doctor will let him do something that he likes better. The whole wedding was pretty different. It was on a farm and there were all of these peacocks walking around and making a lot of noise. They had a bunch of different lawn games set up and I don't think they even had a cake to cut. If they did I didn't see it. They did have a tent that the tables were set up under for dinner, but it would have been a disaster if it had rained. The next day it rained all day and that was all we could think about. I don't think I would want that added stress while planning a wedding, but luckily it worked out for them.

I guess I was really tired this morning because when the alarm went off I thought I hit the snooze button but I hit the off button. The cat woke me up an hour later since I was late giving them their treats. I will need to try to get my workout in tonight instead! Have a great Tuesday!

Pam

Read everyone's post. Time does get away with me. Been walking the beach with Rolly and doing easy jewelry making. Can't do much more than that. Found out I can play my guitar. YaHoo!

Take care,

Janie

Last night I did RWH LBC! So much fun and the time flies by. I really like the side lunge into a 1-leg squat. This morning something really crazy happened. I use my cell phone for my alarm just because I got tired of having the power go out in the middle of the night and having to reset the alarm clock. Anyway, this morning my alarm went off on my phone and I thought no way is it time to get up. I looked at my phone and sure enough it said 5 am. I looked at the alarm clock and it said 4 am. I woke up DH and asked him to look on his phone and it said 4 am. I tapped my weather app and when it opened, it changed my time to 4am. I have no idea how my phone clock got an hour ahead but needless to say I was not a happy camper this morning.

Pam Oh you must have really needed your sleep to sleep in an extra hour. Good thing for pets. They are like non-electronic alarm clocks. My dogs would not let me be late for work because that would mean they would get fed late.

Janie Great job on your walks! That is great that you can make jewelry and play the guitar. Hopefully you feel like your wrist is healing up.

Have a great day!

Janie Yep, the days really can fly by. Glad to hear you are still able to get your walks in. I have been enjoying the pictures of your jewelry, makes me want to try making some beads!

Julie HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great day. Sorry it started too early, that is just crazy about your phone. Great job on RWH LBC, that really is a fun fun workout! Oh yes, sometimes pets can be the best alarm clocks, but I'm not always happy about that!

Last night was STS disc 13 Chest, shoulders and triceps. It went by fast. This morning I subbed Hiit 30/30 and XTrain Bonus abs 1 for RWH Plyo Hiit 1 and bonus abs 1. I just wasn't feeling all of the burpees this morning so that was a great sub. Hope you have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did a combo of RWH Plyo 2 + RWH Low Impact 1. It was fun. It is gonna be a short post for me today. I am swamped at work and I have to leave early to take Maggie to the vet.

Pam Great job on STS D13 and then 30/30 + XT abs 1! I had a pretty good birthday other than the alarm clock issue. Yes, I wish my dogs would not be alarm clocks on the weekends or holidays. I could use the sleeping in those days.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on RWH Plyo 2 + RWH Low Impact 1, that sounds like a great combo. Is there a premix, or was this a roll your own premix? I think I may use that one soon, I hope everything is ok with Maggie??

This morning for me was disc 14 legs. I like the triset format in meso 2 for legs. This week has really flown by for me. It seems like I was just typing here we are at Monday again and now suddenly it's Thursday! I hope you have a great day!

Pam

Last night was SuperCuts. DH got the go ahead to start light weight training and resume cardio workouts this weekend so I am in the midst of planning something out. So happy it is Friday. The weather this weekend isn’t supposed to be that great (cold and rainy) but at least it is the weekend.

Pam Great job on disc 14! I love, love, love the triset legs workouts. Those workouts are fun and seem to fly by. I created the combo on my own. Although when Cathe released the RWH hiit workouts I wondered why she didn’t put all 4 workouts on 1 disc because the premix combos would be endless. Maggie has been seeing a chiropractor who adjusts her back and does acupuncture on her. It has been seeming to help her get around a little better. It takes a day or so after the visit for the effects to kick in. Don't worry, we will be back here saying "I can't believe it is Monday soon enough". The weekends never last long enough.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Supercuts! That is another fun one that I haven't done in awhile. I'm glad to hear tha tyour hubby got the ok to resume his cardio and weight training. I'm happy it's Friday too. Your weather forecast for the weekend sounds like ours. Rainy and cool all weekend. I agree that it would have been nice if all of the plyo hiit workouts were on one disc for some more interesting premixes. Wow, chiropractor for dogs, I didn't know there was such a thing. I'm glad to hear that it helps her.

This morning I did the Julie combo - Plyo hiit 2 and lihi 1 plus bonus abs one. That is a great premix Julie, thanks for the inspiration! Happy Friday! It's going to be another busy weekend. My college girlfriend is in NC for her daughters basketball, so I am driving to meet her halfway this evening. Tomorrow we are going for dinner and then to see Bob Dylan with some friends. And yep Julie, I know it will be no time at all before we are here saying how did Monday get here so fast o_O:confused: Have a great weekend!

Pam

Rainy crazy days. Had to use my climber machine to get in a cardio. Felt good to use it once again. Been learning to sing "Creep" and hoping to be able to play it as well. Love that song. Reminds me of the days in grade school and high school of being bullied mercilessly. Can relate to the song. Sad, but to me a beautiful tune. Of course going through that made me the person I am today. I like who I became.

Pam, Great job on Plyo HiiT 2 & LIHI 1 + bonus abs 1. Have fun with your friend and seeing Bob Dylan.

Julie, Great job on SuperCuts. Yea! So glad DH got the OK to workout. How Nice!

Pam, Great job on RWH Plyo 2 + RWH Low Impact 1. Hope Maggie is OK, keep us posted.

Pam, I hope you do make beads. What will you make them out of? Glass? Please do make them. If you need any advise I'm right here. Great job on STS disc 13, chest, shoulders ant triceps. And for RWH Plyo HiiT 1 and bonus abs 1. Don't blame you for not wanting all those burpees.

Julie, Great job on RWH LBC, sounds like a lot of fun. Very frustrating waking up when it's not time. I feel for you.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Saturday DH and I did AB (DH just did the cardio). He struggled getting through it because he was tired even though I told him he should get up and drink a cup of coffee and move around a little. After that, we went to his nephew’s birthday party and then came home and did some chores. Sunday DH actually listened to me and got up and walked around and drank coffee before we did a weight workout. I had bought New Rules of Lifting a few years ago when he first talked about weight lifting. We are starting with the Break-In program which is very light weight, moderate high reps, and low volume. I actually had him do squats with just a 5 pound barbell and lunges with just 5 pound dumbbells so he could work on form. He seemed excited about it so hopefully he sticks to this.

Pam Here we are again. Monday morning already. Great job on the plyo hiit 2 + li hiit 1 + abs 1 combo! You did better than me by adding core in. In the NROL that DH and I are doing, it has some ab crunches in there and I subbed them out. DH called me out on it and asked whey we didn't work core. I told him I took the core work out so he would have time to do his PT exercises. Sounds like despite the weather you had a good weekend with visiting an old friend and seeing Bob Dylan. I bet he is amazing in concert.

Janie Great job on the climber! How’s the wrist doing? Hopefully better. Is that the song by Radiohead that you are playing. Takes me back to junior high days when it was released. It’s hard going through adolescent years. We don’t know then that what those experiences will shape us later into strong people. Glad you are one that pulled through that. Maggie is doing good. I think the rainy cold weather this weekend did not help.

Have a great day!

Janie Good for you for doing the climber when it was too nasty to be outside. I don't think I know that song. Awww, sorry that you had such a rough time when you were young, kids can be so mean. I'm glad that it made you the strong person that you are and that you came out of it ok. I'm sure it is painful to think about even now though. We will see about the bead making. Right now I am getting back to my kiln little bit making my chargers. The first one didn't come out as I expected though. The glass changed color and texture when it was fired and I wasn't expecting that at all. I think it is a special kind of glass that does that, but usually they have it clearly marked so you will know that is going to happen. The other side didn't do it, so now I'm trying to decided if I should turn it over and fire a pattern on the other side. It is kind've interesting though, so I'm just looking at it for the moment to decide if I want to keep the unusual side up.

Julie Great job on AB with your DH on Saturday. I'm glad to hear that he listened to you on Sunday! You are really great to be working with him to get him going. I'm glad to hear he was excited about the weight workout too so hopefully he will stick with it. It's so important to find what you enjoy doing. When I went to bed last night I was thinking that very thing - wow Sunday night already! Hehehe maybe your DH will get you excited about doing core work?! Bob Dylan is really good in concert. Mellow but nice. He does a long song with an intermission too.

Saturday for me was STS disc 15 back and biceps. I went and got a shingles vaccination on Saturday and my arm still feels like it is bruised from that. It will be well worth it if it keeps me from getting shingles though. Sunday was my rest day and I spent it doing laundry and errands. I'm also on a mission to get rid of all of my cooking magazines and just store the recipes that I want online. I made it through most of them, just a very small stack left to go! This morning for me was supposed to be RWH plyo Hiit2 and one of the bonus abs again. I subbed in Hiit 40/20 and the abs from SJP instead. I felt really good for the first half of 40/20 but by the last round I was pooped. Happy Monday!

Pam

My wrist is so much better now. I still can't do push ups (LOL!) But eventually, in time. Climber today for 30 min. Boring compared to the beach. Plan on getting my microwave kiln out and doing fused glass today.

Pam, I will be doing glass fusing today. I bet your chargers are unique. I love unusual. What is a charger again? Great job on STS disc 15 back and biceps. Having a shingles shot is soooooooooooo worth it. But I though you had to be in your 60's for that. I had to wait for mine until then. Glad to see you took a rest day, even though it was filled with laundry and errands. Wow! Are you taking photos of the recipes you like and then put them in the computer, or are you typing all them out? Great job on Hiit 40/20 and the abs from SJP.

Julie, Great job on for you and hubby on AB (hubby on the cardio). Hope the birthday party of enjoyable. Yea! I'm so proud of your hubby listening and wanting to be healthy. Your knowledge of exercising will help your honey a great deal. Both of you keep up the good work. Pretty soon he'll tell you some pointers along the way. (Big smiley face).

Take you two and hi to the rest of yas,

Janie

Last night DH and I did Afterburn. I was really proud of DH for doing it. He was sore from the weights yesterday and he had a 3 hour dentist appointment to get a cavity filled and fitted for a crown in the morning. He was happy he worked out in the end. I told him remember that feeling it will help next time you don’t feel like working out.

Pam Great job on STS D15 and your rest day on Sunday! I remember getting tetanus shot last year and my arm felt like someone had punched me for about a week after. Hope yours doesn’t last that long. I have been hoping to do something like that for my recipes. What program or site are you using? Great job on 40/20 and SJP abs! I think those 1 minute rests are a saving grace but it is still a toughie.

Janie Yea! So happy your wrist is better! Yep the pushups will come with time. Pushups and pullups are one of those exercises that if you stop doing you lose so fast. Doesn’t happen with other exercises that way. Great job on your climber especially when it is boring! Oh boy that will be something if DH starts giving me pointers. I did tell him that I want him to watch my form and tell me if it starts to break down.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.