Strength in Numbers

Worked in the yard for hours. Pulling up weeds, taking 40-50 pounds sacks of top soil and putting it into containers. Will do more of it tomorrow. The weather was so warm and sunny today. Tomorrow and the rest of the week suppose to be warm and nice like today. Danced tonight with Joey's Dukes of Swing at the Elk's Club. Friends were there and had a great time.

Pam, 28 degrees? Wow! And after the 80 degree today. Wow! Is that normal? Yeah, it is exciting to have someone like your stuff that they will pay for it. Great job on Great Glutes. Enjoy your DOM's. LOL

Julie, Great job on STS D8 Back and Triceps. Enjoy your weekend.

Take care,

Janie

Last night was RWH LIHI Legs Scramble 2. I swear that one never gets easier. It does have what I consider the hardest segments back-to-back-to-back though. Static lunges with split jumps right and left and then the dreaded low pulse lunges with power scissors. So happy it is Friday!

Janie Great job on YardMax! That sounds like quiet a workout but with the nice weather I bet it felt nice. I love the mental picture of you and Joey dancing. Sounds like you had a blast!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on STS disk 8. The week has dragged by for me too, maybe it's this crazy weather. I hate those days when you feel like you didn't accomplish anything! I am definitely ready for the warm weather to stay, it just keeps teasing us!

This morning was Intensity. I have to say I was glad that today was the day it was on my calendar. This was the first morning that I woke up feeling like I had a good sleep and would be able to tackle it. I love that workout but it does me in! Have a great Friday ladies!

Pam

My daughter came to visit. We went to the Westport Brewery Co. to watch one of my jamming friends sing and play the guitar. We enjoyed our stay. Monique (my daughter) is inspiring me to work harder on my workouts. She looks amazing, lost some pounds and really shows she is serious in getting healthy. Eating non package products. Yea for her!

Julie, Great job on RWH LIHI Legs Scramble 2. No, it never get any easier. LOL! Even modifying it doesn't make it easier, LOL! Joe is in the band playing I danced with a 90+ old man. Who was so delightful. Will see him again next time. He brings his wife, who has Alzheimer with him for a date once a month. She still remembers how to dance. It melts my heart that he does that for her. Bless his heart. It's always so much fun.

Pam, Great job on Intensity. Oh! So good to hear you are catching up on your sleep. Hope it continues for you.

Take care,

Janie

Saturday morning I did STS D10! The last of the crazy pushups marathon. Which incidentally only has 143 pushups. I think Cathe has the chest discs all mixed up for meso 1. It would seem like the number of pushups should increase so that you do the most on the last week but she has the most on week 3. Anyway, I added on SB Abs Circuits and did most of the pikes but did not even attempt the 1-leg pikes. After that was chores and errands and helping my mom with her taxes (YUCK!). Sunday was heavy legs & back, laundry and being lazy.

Pam Great job on Intensity! Definitely need to have strength to get through that one. Glad you got good sleep. Last week was not good sleep for me and it went into the weekend. I am beat for sure this Monday and wishing for Friday. Good news is our weather is supposed to be in the 60s most of the week!

Janie So nice that you got to visit your daughter. That is fabulous that she is cutting out processed foods. Those can definitely cause health problems when eaten as the majority of one’s diet. That is the sweetest thing about the 90 year old man bringing his wife for date night. Made me teary eyed!

Have a great day!

Janie It sounds like you had a nice visit with your daughter. That is fabulous that she is serious about getting healthy. Nice inspiration! What a sweet story about the man bringing his wife for a date once a month. Wow! I hope that you enjoyed your rest day!

Julie Great job on D10 and congratulations for being finished with all of those nasty pushups! I know you must be very happy about that. Great job on SB Abs too. I have only attempted a one-legged pike once and I was so afraid that I would fall and smash m,y head into the ground that I have never tried again. Those things are crazy. Great job on heavy legs and back on Sunday too. Sorry to hear that your poor sleep lasted into the weekend. I didn't sleep the best over the weekend either. My DH left for Australia on Friday and I never sleep as weel when he is out of town. Our weather is supposed to be beautiful this week too and I am so happy. Enough with the yo yo stuff!

Saturday was supposed to be a rest day, but since I was up early and the DH was gone I decided to do Step Moves and then I did the abs from KPC. That was a nice easy little cardio after Intensity on Friday. Then I took my sister to this winery that is about an hour and a half away. They make sweet wines which I don't like at all, but they are her favorites. My mom was supposed to come too but she wasn't feeling well so decided to stay home. It was a nice place and we had a nice time. Sunday morning was 4DS Bootcamp and then laundry and working around the house. This morning was 4DS KB. I'm with you Julie, I'm ready for Friday already!

Pam

Last night I did Intensity! Wow! I cannot get through the step portion in the first half without pausing. I have to pause between the solid step piece and the step blasts piece and then again after the blasts before the hiit section. Once I get to the hiit section though I am fine. The step all but kills me to get through it.

Pam Great job on your easy Step Moves cardio with KPC abs! How nice to spend the day with your sister at a winery. I am not much of a sweet wine drinker either. I don’t drink often but when I do, I would prefer a dry red or a mojito! Great job on 4DS Bootcamp and 4DS KB! Hope you get better sleep this week with DH being out of town. I got ok sleep last night but I think I am still wore out from the lack of sleep over the weekend and haven't caught up yet. So tempted to go to bed an hour early tonight. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Intensity. That step portion really is a killer, especially that last blast. Every time I do it I hope that just this once there will only be two rounds of the plyos ;) Oh a mojito, that sounds so nice and springy! I'm glad you had a good sleep finally, hopefully tonight will be good too and you can start getting caught up. I had a great sleep last night, I was soooo tired when I went to bed. I had to drag myself out of bed this morning because it felt so good. I think you should just go ahead and go to bed an hour early if you are feeling like it.

This morning I did Cardio Fusion. I had kind've forgotten about that one and it is so much fun. I was hoping that Cathe's greatest hits would be like CF, but I really don't like her greatest hits. It seems like most of what they included in the greatest hits DVD are parts of her workouts that I don't really like. o_O. Have a great day!

Pam

So last night I had an early April Fool’s joke played on me that was not so funny. Long story short, I left my house keys at home with DH and used the back up keys to drive. When I got home DH, had forgotten that I didn’t have keys to get into the house and locked the house before he left. I was locked out for a little over an hour. I was so mad! I ended up rushing through STS D12 Legs and hardly took any of the break time.

Pam Great job on Cardio Fusion! I forgot about that one too. I have been thinking about what to do on my active recovery week next week because I kind of want to focus on cardio endurance workouts. Might see if I can work that one in. I didn’t end up getting to go to bed an hour early since I got locked out of the house. Sleep was ok last night but I think my adrenaline was running so high that I couldn’t get into that deep sleep. Try again tonight!

Have a great day!

Julie Oh no, that is terrible that you were locked out of your house. How annoying! Good job in managing to get in STS D12 anyway but that is such a bummer that you weren't able to get to bed early. We try to keep a key hidden somewhere outside, but whenever it gets used it tends to not find it's way back out there. My DH just changed one of our door lock to an electronic lock. It's nice because you just have to enter your code, and we get emailed when someone unlocks the door. Everyone has their own code, so we know who is going in. You should put CF on your list for next week, it is a fun one!

Janie HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope that you have a wonderful day!

This morning for me was 4DS LIS. I'm not really a big fan of the step workouts in the 4DS series, but they are ok. Have a great day!

Pam

Did yoga today and a walk on the beach with Rolly. Also worked in my garden and continued my jewelry making for the galleries. That's enough for today. LOL!

Pam, Great job on 4DS LIS. Thank you for the Birthday wishes. It so fun to have a birthday on April Fools Day!

Julie, Oh! How awful getting locked out of your house. Glad everything turned out well though. Great job on STS D12 legs. I can't blame you rushing through the workout. You poor thing.

Take care, love you xoxo

Janie

Last night I did STS D11 and finished out Meso 1. DH is trying to eat better and get in shape. He has quite the beer belly and hasn’t done physical labor in several years. I was trying to get him to just walk on the treadmill every day for a while and slowly build up to doing intervals on that. He said he would rather work out with me doing Cathe. The only moderately intense workouts I can think of that don’t use the step for dancey footwork is the MMAs but he has no interest in doing boxing type workouts. He wants to try to do her regular cardio interval type work. I’m nervous he is going to hurt himself so I have to try to figure out what we can do together that he can modify.

Pam Great job on 4DS LIS! I am not a fan of those step workouts either. They just seem complicated and not very fun. We are actually getting a new garage door next week and we are getting a keypad on the outside so we can open it with a code. So hopefully no more getting locked out. Although it was really only the 2nd time this has happened since we moved in 15 years ago.

Janie Happy Birthday! So sorry I forgot to say it yesterday. I am horrible with birthdays. I sometimes don’t even remember my own. Sounds like you had a great day with your walk and yoga and doing gardening and jewelry making.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on yoga and your beach walk with Rolly. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing birthday. I'm glad you have fun with your April Fools birthday :D

Julie Great job on finishing out meso 1 with D11. I hope your DH can stick with something. Mine has been running pretty regularly and playing basketball for awhile now. I'm glad to see him doing something like that. He tried to do some of the Cathe STS stuff for a little while, but that didn't last very long! It seems like the only workouts that Cathe has that aren't too dancey and don't use the step are kickbox workouts. There is also CCC but that would scare him off for sure. Hiit Pyramid also isn't dancey and doesn't use any equipment but it is pretty hard too. Hmmmmm.....that is a tough one. Is he interested in any of the weight workouts, or just cardio? That is great that you are getting the keypad and don't have to worry about getting locked out anymore. It hasn't happened too much for us either, but it has been nice to have the coded entry.

This morning was Imax3 for me. I was really huffing and puffing after the first round and was worried about making it through, but I found my groove and it was not so bad after that. This is another slow week, I wish we got Good Friday off but it is a normal work day for us. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I'm considering signing up for the Daytona road trip. Would you recommend it? Your DH went with you, didn't he? Was he bored or did you have plenty of free time between classes to do things with him? What about the road trip meals, was he able to come to those with you? I'd appreciate your comments.

Pam

Made bracelets today. Lot's of work. Weather was beautiful and walked the beach with Rolly for an hour.

Pam, Great job on Imax3. Huffing and puffing is good. I bet you sweated nicely from it too. LOL!

Julie, Great job on STS D11 and finished Meso 1. Yea! He does need to start out slowly, but maybe he can modify it so he can be more familiar with it. Tell him no matter what to keep moving and not to stop even if he just marches in place. It will get better. Even though using the beginners DVD's might be easy for you, you can modify it to be advanced. Then your hubby can feel good about it? Does that make sense? Cool he wants to get healthy. So important. I'm one who is no good at remembering birthdays too. Don't worry about it.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I did CLB. DH did the cardio portions only and rested while I did weights. I gave him very modified versions of what Cathe was doing. With being so out of shape, I wanted to minimize his jumping. He made it through 10 of the 12 cardios so I thought he did pretty good. I think we are going to try RWH LIH 2 tomorrow. He needs something where Cathe stays with the same move for the whole time. When she had multiple moves in one cardio burst, he would get confused and ended up getting behind when switching the move.

Pam Great job on Imax 3! That one is a toughie for sure. So happy it is Friday. I wish we got Good Friday off to but we don’t. I loved the Chicago RT and would definitely go again if she came back to Chicago or somewhere else in driving distance. I am also hoping to go to NJ maybe in 2017. DH wasn’t bored during the trip but it coincided with the Final Four tournament and Opening Day for baseball so he had plenty to keep him busy in the hotel room. He did come to a few of the classes and watched and took pictures for me. There were always a couple of hours between classes so we could be together. A couple times we went into town to Wal-mart or to get fast food for him. He did not go to the dinner but he could have. The cost was like $80 or $100 for one dinner and it was food that I knew he wouldn’t care for (he’s a picky eater). I’m sure your DH would find something to do in Daytona. It looks like a nice hotel with plenty of amenities. I would love to go but I don’t think we could swing the cost with the flight so I am saving those dollars for NJ in a couple years. If you go, I’m sure you would have a blast.

Janie Great job on your beach walk in the beautiful weather. Thanks for the advice. I told him that it didn’t matter if he did the same move as Cathe, was on the beat with her, or even did the same number of reps, as long as he kept moving. There were a couple of times he did just march in place too. He was very proud of himself when he got done so hopefully he will remember that and keep going. We need to find one workout and stick with it for a while so he can learn it.

Have a great day!

Janie I love seeing the pictures of your bracelets on FB. They are just gorgeous, your beads are so unique and beautiful. You must be so proud of yourself! Great job on your beach walk too. Glad to hear you are having pretty weather. Ours is getting really nice too and I'm hoping that my allergies start calming down soon. My Allegra hasn't been keeping up so I decided to try Zyrtec. It seems to be working better for me which makes me happy! I did sweat from Imax 3, how did you know ;)?

Julie Tell your DH that he did awesome. Those cardio blasts in CB are not easy at all and he did great making it through 10 of them on his first time. He should be very proud! That was a good idea to do that one so that he could rest while you are doing weights. You need to warn him that RWH LIH2 is probably going to be more challenging though. That is good to hear about the RT. I'm going to wait and see what my DH thinks when he is back in town. He gets in late tonight so we'll talk about it this weekend. I don't know if it will sell out quickly or not but if it does it won't matter. I know the NJ one always sells out really fast, but it seems like the other ones are easier to get into. It would be really fun to go to one in NJ though at Cathe's gym with the whole gang there. $80-100 for one dinner?! Wow, I hope they were serving some really good food!

This morning I finished up my rotation with 4DS HIS. Not sure what will be next. I'm thinking I may need to take an actual rest week because I have a knee and an ankle that have been bothering me a bit. Happy Good Friday ladies and have a great weekend!

Pam

Very gloomy, windy and rainy outside. Suppose to be that way all day long. Ugh.

Julie, I'm so proud of your hubby. Keep it going. Great job on CLB.

Pam, Great job finishing up with 4DS HIS. A week rest is truly in order. Enjoy it!

Take care ladies,

Janie

Saturday morning DH and I did Afterburn. He did modified versions of the cardio sections and rested while I did the weights. That seems to work best right now. After that we went to my mom’s for an Easter get together. I was so proud of DH. My mom had loads of junk food and candy and he didn’t eat any of it. After that, we ran some errands. Sunday I did Cardio Fusion and DH took a rest day. Here we are again on Monday.

Pam Great job on 4DS HIS! A rest week sounds nice. I hope you do better with your rest weeks than I do. I have all the intentions of doing low intensity workouts and always end up picking high intensity ones. I need to work on that big time.

Janie I hope your weather turned around. We had a slightly cold day on Saturday but yesterday was gorgeous and we opened the windows for a little bit. I usually can’t take the windows being open because of allergies but yesterday wasn’t bad.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.