Strength in Numbers

Janie So glad to hear that your wrist is doing so much better. I think I might be ok with not being able to do push ups ;)Great job doing the climber for 30 minutes even though it was boring. I saw that you have been creating some glass beads, you are so industrious! Chargers are large decorative plates that you put your dinner plate on top of. DH and I both decided that we like the surprise color, but I'm not sure if I will get the same results if I do it again. Now he thinks they should all be like that. My plan had been to make multiple colors and two of each color, but this slate gray would look out of place with brightly colored shiny ones. Ay yi yi. For the most part, all of my recipes are already online. Bon Appetite has all of their recipes online and so do Food and Wine, Fine Cooking and Cooks Illustrated. So I'm just going through and finding the ones that I had marked online and saving them.

Julie Great job on AB. That was quite a day that your DH had, good for him for doing the workout anyway! I'm surprised that my arm still hurts as much as it does. The shot itself hardly hurt at all. Now I just seem to have a big bruise there. So far I don't have any organization with my recipes. I am just finding them online at the magazines sites and saving them so I can throw away the magazines. Once I have finished that I will try to organize them. I will probably just use folders on my computer for that though.

This morning was STS disc 16 chest, shoulders and triceps. This one is the drop sets and that last set always feels like such a breeze. makes me wonder if I should be using heavier weight......:confused: Have a great day.

Pam

Went to a friends to do craft projects (felted soap/dryer balls) and made more fused glass when I got back home. Did use the climber late tonight, had to.

Julie, Great job on both of you for doing Afterburn and for the good advice. It does help remembering the feeling of accomplishment after a good workout. Don't be surprised if hubby does give pointers, just remember he learned from the best.

Take care,

Janie

Went to a friends to do craft projects (felted soap/dryer balls) and made more fused glass when I got back home. Did use the climber late tonight, had to.

Pam, Oh the surprises we get with glass. Amazing isn't it? Great job on STS disc 16, chest, shoulders and triceps. Try heavier weight, you can always go back to lighter weights if they don't fell good. Always caution at first.

Take care,

Janie

Last night was the second weight workout in the New Rules of Lifting Break In program. After that we took the dogs to the park for a little while. Maggie was really having a bad day getting around. When we got home from the park, she barely made it up the stairs. I decided to sleep upstairs with her on the air mattress last night so she wouldn’t have to go up and the down the stairs last night.

Pam Great job on STS D16! Hmm. Maybe you could go up on the weight. Either at the beginning or the ending set. Most of my recipes are not from magazines but from family recipes. I was trying to find something that I could enter them into instead of having them in a box or folder haphazardly.

Janie Great job on doing the climber even if it was late. You are so crafty and creative. I love hearing about the projects you are working on. It is starting already. Last night DH pointed out to me that I tend to hold my breath as the set progresses during weights. He kept telling me to “breathe”.

Have a great day!

Janie Sounds like you are really enjoying your crafts these days. I haven't spent much time on mine lately, I need to change that. Great job on doing the climber too!
The problem is that when I am using the heavy weight I'm not sure I could go up. But for the back off set you drop down 40% and then it feels like nothing!

Julie Great job on your NRLBIP! Oh poor Maggie :( you were so sweet to sleep upstairs with her. I hate to see our fur babies like that. It's only the back off sets that feel that way. For the first three sets I don't think I could go heavier because for most of them I am workng to get that last rep. But when you drop by 40% for the last set it makes such a huge difference. I do have some recipes that I will need to scan or type in or something, but my biggest issue at the moment are the stacks of magazines. I subscribe to BonAppetit, Fine Cooking, Food Network Magazine, Savuer and Intermezzo so they pile up fast. I am down to only one small stack now though. I was laughing about your DH, sounds like mine. I teach him how to do something and before long he thinks he's an expert :rolleyes:.

This morning was supposed to be RWH Plyo hiit1 and bonus abs 1 again, so I subbed in Tabatacise and core 1 from XTrain. I had to pause before the 4th and 5th rounds but I got through it. I'm so excited because I have NO MEETINGS on my calendar today. I couldn't believe my eyes, I will actually be able to get some work done! :D Have a great day!

Pam

Last night was AB with DH. I was thinking he wouldn’t want to workout because he did a lot of yard work and cleaned his Jeep out but he did it. I can’t believe he has stuck with it this long. Very proud of him and hope he keeps it up.

Pam Great job on Tabatacise + core 1! You did excellent with only 1 break. I sometimes have to break between each segment so I have time to get a sip of water and my composure back. I love those no meetings day. I had one on Tuesday. It was fabulous.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on AB with DH. I am really proud of your DH too. It sounds like he is really committed. I bet it helps him a lot that you are doing it with him. My no meeting day didn't last. I ended up with a meeting in the afternoon, but luckily it was a short one and a good one!

This morning for me was LIHI legs. I did the premix that does 4 strength segments and then 4 cardio blasts. I really liked it that way. It seemed like it went by faster. The last set of blasts were killers though because that segment had the 20 snow angel jacks and 3 other hard ones (can't remember what the other three were now though :)) Have a great day.

Pam

Rolly and I walked on the beach. Glorious day!

Pam, Great job on LIHI legs premix and 4 cardio blasts.

Julie, Great job on AB with DH. So proud of him doing his workout when he was so busy with yard work and the jeep. Wow! I'm impressed. He is serious!

Pam, Great job on Tabatacise and core 1 from XTrain. Hey congrats getting through it without a pause. Enjoy work today.

Julie, Great job on you both for the 2nd weight workout. And for taking out the dogs to the park. Poor Maggie, you are such a good mama staying with her the night. Aww, men are like that. It just means he is serious and sharing what you have taught him. He's part of it now and has opinions. Very very proud of him. It feels good to share with others what you think you might know. You know what I mean jelly bean?

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Last night DH and I did a New Rules of Lifting workout. It called for lunges and DH is getting pain on the outside of his thigh right above his knee when he does lunges. He is fine with step ups so I just had him switch to those. I am not sure what else to sub for lunges besides those. So happy it is Friday. I must not have been fully awake this morning when I packed my food for the day. I packed my almond butter to put on my toast but forgot my toast.

Pam Great job on LIHI Legs! I love that workout but have never tried that premix. The hardest blasts for me are any of the power scissor or scissor scissor wide tuck moves. Well I am glad the one meeting you had was a short one. Hopefully you also got a lot done. I have also had those days with no meetings and yet I still felt like I didn’t get anything done because people kept stopping by to ask a “quick” question.

Janie Great job on your beach walk with Rolly! So glad it was gorgeous weather for you. Our weather is looking good this weekend with high 70s and even 80. I definitely don’t mind DH telling me to breathe. At least I know he is paying attention and cares.

Have a great day!

Gardening yesterday. Hard on the wrist, so did it only for a short time. On my out the door to walk the beach with Rolly and a friend. It will be a long walk if I know my friend. Yea!

Julie, Wise choice for hubby to do instead of lunges. You can modify lunges by not going deep. And then when he does lunges again, maybe go just a tiny bit more deeper. If need be, continue the shallow lunges until he is ready for the deeper ones. Oh no, no toast. Enjoy your almond butter anyways. LOL!

Take care dear friend,

Janie

I can’t believe how fast the weekend flew by. Saturday, DH and I did Afterburn. Then we took Ozzie and Maggie to the dog park and ran a few errands. We met my parents at the park and Ozzie got to run with their dog Sweetheart while Maggie ambled about. Sunday, DH and I did New Rules of Lifting weights and then it was a lazy day except for laundry. This morning it started to storm about an hour before my alarm went off and it is supposed to be rainy all day. It would have been the perfect day to lay in bed snuggling the dogs all day.

Janie Great job on your walk with your friend! What a perfect way to get together and catch up and get exercise in there. I think what his problem was is that he was not keeping his shins vertical. He was lunging and his knee was going over his toe. We are going to try it again tomorrow and see if he can work on his form. Will keep the tip about depth in mind too.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on your walk on the beach with Rolly. Loving the nice weather!

Julie Great job on NRL with your DH. He is doing so well! Bummer about forgetting your toast. That is annoying! Oh yes, I hate that quick drop ins, they can really disrupt your day.

Janie Great job on your gardening I hope that your wrist is continuing to heal well. I hope you enjoyed your long walk on the beach with Rolly and your neighbor.

Julie Great job on AB with DH and your NRL on Sunday.

Friday morning was RWH LIH + Bonus Abs. I did the combo with both LI Hiit 1 and 2 and instead of Bonus Abs 1 I did core 2 from XTrain. Then we came to Chicago for the weekend. My DH left this morning and I am here for the week doing a class. We walked and walked on Saturday all around town and yesterday did a bunch of walking and rented bikes and rode around. It was gorgeous weather all weekend! Have a great week!

Pam

Last night DH and I did AB! He is still just doing the cardio but I am so proud he is sticking with this.

Pam Great job on RWH LI 1&2 + XT core 2! I saw your posts that you were in Chicago. Glad to see the weather was lovely and you were able to have a fantastic weekend with your DH.

Have a great day!

Last night DH and I did NROL weights. We had thunder in the area and Ozzie is a big baby when it comes to thunder. He wants to be right next to you and trembles the whole time. Since we were working out, we had to baby gate him outside the room and he just whined the whole time. DH was distracted and just didn’t have his heart in it but he made it through.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job to both you and your DH on AB. He is doing great, how exciting! Great job on NROL weights also. Poor Ozzie, it's so hard when they are scared like that. Awww, poor DH, that is so sweet that he was worried about Ozzie. Great job to you both on making it through despite the distraction.

I'm just popping in to say hi since I haven't done any official workouts while I've been here. Our classes have been running from 8 am until 7 or 7:30 every night, so it's been walking to the office, working all day, walking back to the hotel, going for dinner and going to bed. The walk to/from the office is about 20 minutes, so I guess that is better than nothing.

Pam

Last night DH wasn’t feeling that good (stomach ache) so I told him to take the night off and I did Tabatacise. I switched it up and did 4, 5, 1, 2, and 3. I thought it would be nice ending with the “easiest” one but I was still wiped out by the end and glad it was over.

Pam Wow! Those are long classes. I would be so drained by the end of the day, don't know if I could even eat dinner or just go straight to bed. You are doing good walking to the office and back every day.

Have a great day!

Last night DH and I did NROL weights. He was feeling better and no distractions. He said he could really tell a difference with how being focused makes you work harder. Very busy day today but looking forward to the weekend even though we are supposed to have rainy weather all weekend. Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!

Saturday morning DH did not want to work out. He said he would rather do it in the afternoon. So I did PP Extreme. Then I went shopping with my mom and sister for our annual Mother’s Day get together. By the time I got home it was 7pm so DH did not get to workout. Sunday we did do NROL weights and then was lazy and did laundry all day. I ate pretty icky this weekend and am feeling it. Plus it is rainy and muggy out and Monday which is making me feel sluggish.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Tabatacise. I like the order that you used. I always dread getting to that last round because it's so hard. Of course the main reason I get there is because I know I have done a couple of easier rounds right before that one. I might have to try changing up the order the next time I do it too. Great job on NROL weights with your hubby too. Glad to hear that your hubby could tell the difference too. Great job on your PP Extreme on Saturday and NROL weights on Sunday too. I ate pretty bad yesterday too, time to get back on track.

I got home from Chicago late Thursday night and was pooped. I decided to make it an entire rest week and didn't do any workouts Friday or over the weekend. It was a busy weekend though. We did a Trolley pub outing with some friends on Friday night, had a neighbors 50th birthday party Saturday night, had my mom, sisters, brother and niece and nephew over for Mother's Day dinner. Tonight we have a concert. Whew! I'm going to need a rest! This morning I went back to the week of my rotation that I missed. It was supposed to be RWH LI Hiit one and bonus abs two, so I did the premix that combines LI Hiits 1 and 2 and did the bonus abs. That was a good level of intensity after taking a week off and it put it right at about an hour. Happy Monday!

Pam

Visited with my family East of the mountains for almost a week. So sorry about not posting. Didn't have a computer handy. Read all of the posts and seems everyone is doing great. Did some heavy gardening and planted six asparagus roots. Thanks to my neighbor. I'm pooped!

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.