Strength in Numbers

I'm Baaack. Sorry I only got to post once while I was gone. You have both been doing great with your workouts. Julie, I hope your weather has improved but nice that you got a little bit of a sleep in day. Janie, I'm so envious of you being so close to those cranberry bogs, they sound so cool!

I only did one 'official' workout while in Vegas - it was Hiit Pyramid and then I did the abs from something. I found out that even though it looks like I still have all of my Cathe workouts, most of them were corrupted from my computer crash and wouldn't play :mad: I was happy to find one that would that doesn't require equipment. I did so much walking in Vegas that I didn't feel guilty. My phone has a health app and my average mileage was close to 10 miles a day! We left Vegas on Friday morning for a few days of skiing in Aspen. What a great time we had! I loved Aspen and we had perfect conditions for skiing. I guess we got really lucky too because they said 3 weeks ago they hardly had any snow. It snowed every day while we were there and there is nothing like deep powder to wear out your legs. I was exhausted every night! Now it's home and back to the grind. It was so hard getting up this morning between the 2 hour time difference and vacation hangover. I did Step, Jump, Pump which was a fun one to ease back into things. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did Supersets Upper Body Blast. It was fun and went by fast. So happy it is Thursday. The weekend is almost here!

Pam Sounds like you had a fantastic trip. I can only imagine how hard it was for you to get out of bed today. 10 miles a day walking is fantastic. That is like 20,000 steps which is twice what they recommend everyone get a day.

Have a great day!

Jullie Great job on Supersets upper body blast. You know, I don't think I have Supersets! Hmmm, I will have to take a look. I had an even harder time getting out of bed today than I did yesterday, so I'm with you on being ready for the weekend, even though it's only a short week for me.

I forgot to mention that I got a cold the day before we left for Aspen...UGH. That was the only bad part, it was hard to ski when I couldn't breath. So between still recovering from the cold and vacation and not being able to get up, my workout definitely suffered today. I did the timesaveer premix of RWH CUB. Julie, you inspired me by talking about how much fun that one is. It was, but I was glad I was doing the short version today :). Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did RWH LBC Scrambled. I think I love this one a little more each time I do it. For some reason I felt really energized during the workout. I didn’t have to pause as much and everything just felt a little easier (not easy just easier by a teeny tiny amount). I decided to take a long weekend. I am leaving work early today and taking all day Monday off. So if you don’t hear from me Monday that is why.

Pam Great job on RWH CUB premix! I really think Cathe did a great job with this series. The circuits, LIHI Legs, and hiits are all great. I am sure the LIHI upper body is great too I just haven’t done them enough to be in love with them. What a bummer about getting a cold before leaving for Aspen. I hope you can get some rest this weekend and fully recover.

Have a great day and weekend!

Lots of running around today. Walked the beach and did Step Up Challenge. Whew! I think it was a little tooooooooo much. LOL!

Julie, Great job on RWH LBC Scrambled. You are getting stronger. Good work! Enjoy your most deserved long weekend.

Pam, So sorry about your cold, especially before Aspen. Great job on the time safer premix of RWH CUB Short version is good. You needed it. Very proud of you to stick with your workouts even with a cold.

You both inspire me,

Janie

JulieGreat job on RWH LBC scrambled. I agree that Cathe did great job with this series. I really like the LIHI upper body too. So great that you felt energized for your workout, I just love those days. Good for you taking a long weekend. I hope that you thoroughly enjoy it!!!

Janie Great job on your beach walk and Step up challenge. I hope you didn't overdo it too much. Gotta watch that sometimes!

Friday night we went with 3 other couples to a restaurant that is an hour and a half from here called the Chef and the Farmer. It's in this little bitty town but the chef has a James Beard award and now has a TV show too. We have been wanting to go for a long time and finally did it, then we all spent the night there and came back Saturday morning. Dinner was great and then we were all up talking and laughing until 1:30 am so needless to say, no workout for me on Saturday. Sunday morning was Circuit Max. I hadn't done that one in so long and really love it so that was a lot of fun. This morning was Kick Max minus the leg drills. I didn't miss them on purpose, I was trying to see how long they are and I hit the tab forward on the remote. BUT, I had copied this to dvd from VHS so there are no chapters and it went back to the beginning. The only way to get back where I was was to wait while it fast forwarded and that was going to take too long. Oh well, I got a good workout in anyway. Happy Monday.

Pam

This weekend I took a leap and decided to start STS. I normally skip meso 1 because I can’t stand all the pushups but I decided to suck it up and do it. Saturday was disc 1 (with 152 pushups) and then cleaning and errands. Sunday I did a heavy strength for legs and then laundry. Yesterday I took a vacation day from work and slept in to make up for the hour lost this weekend. I did get Imax in though.

Janie Great job on your walk and Step Up Challenge. Is that a Cathe workout? Talk about inspiring. You inspire me. You stay so active and seem to enjoy life so much!

Pam Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! Great job on Circuit Max and Kick Max! I don’t remember how long the leg drills are but you didn’t miss much by skipping them. I remember not caring for them though!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on starting STS! I always dread the meso 1 pushups too, but then when I do them they aren't usually as bad as I've built them up to be. Good for you getting through 152! Great job on your heavy legs and Imax too. I hope that you got all rested up yesterday. I was pretty bummed when I realized that it was spring forward weekend, I really did not want to lose that hour of sleep.

Janie I echo Julie's sentiments on what an inspiration you are. You are so active, healthy and talented. Your art work and crafts are amazing and you seem to have such a happy, balanced life!

I forgot to tell you that I also did ab ripper X on Sunday and I am still feeling it. I was going to add on abs this morning but decided not to since they are still hurting. I may do them this evening, but we'll see :D. I did do Rhythmic Step this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it as usual. I am starting to be able to breath again so the workouts are more enjoyable. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night was disc 3 legs! I love the meso 1 legs workouts. Oh who am I kidding, I love all the legs workouts. My sister also stopped over and dropped her French Bulldog off. We are dogsitting for a few days while she and her DH go to Mexico. Lucky girl!

Pam Great job on Ab Ripper X and then RS! That’s great you are starting to be able to breathe again. Very important when working out. ;) Yep the pushups on Saturday were not as bad as I dreaded but it still doesn’t make me dread the next three workouts with 100s of pushups. I just have to keep telling myself it is ok to go slower than Cathe and go to my knees if I have to.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on disc 3 legs. I usually have DOMS for days after my first meso 1 leg workout. I hope you are passing teh toilet test today! Mexico sounds great, but it also sounds like fun to be babysitting a french bulldog :) they are so cute! Yep, it is always ok to go slower or drop to your knees on the pushups and just think, you have a quarter of those workouts done already!

This morning for me was XTrain disc 5 legs and then I added the abs from ME since I didn't end up doing any abs yesterday. I always think that I don't like that leg workout and then realize I do when I do it. :rolleyes: I think maybe it's the add on barre work at the end that I don't like, but that is only included in some of the pre-mixes? Happy humpday!

Pam

Last night was disc 2 Back & Triceps. I even did the extended stretch which felt nice. I am already feeling soreness in my triceps.

Pam Great job on XTrain Legs! I don’t do that one often but when I revisited it a while ago, I remember liking it. Of course I am sure I skip the barre section. Otis (my sister’s dog) is adorable. I don’t mind the back and leg workouts. That is true that I am a quarter of way done with the workouts and after this Saturday I will be halfway done with the pushups!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on disc 2 AND the extended stretch! I hope those triceps are doing ok today. So those meso 1 leg workouts don't give you terrible DOMs? They always kill me!

This morning for me was tabatacise. I was a little worried about it since I haven't done an intense cardio since my cold and vacation. I planned to at least do three rounds, but of course once I get there I am always determined to do them all. It helps that the 3rd and 4th rounds are a little easier. I did take a longer rest between 3 and 4 and then an even longer one between 4 and 5 but I made it through. My legs are feeling yesterdays leg workout but it's a nice sore and not one of those can hardly walk kinda days :D I am soo ready for Friday, that time change did me in. Have a great day!

Pam

Oh No! Where did the time go!?! I can't believe I didn't post since Sunday! Really and truly, time is getting away from me. Busy making jewelry and soap and felting some of them as well. Sorry to say, my exercising has suffered as well. Monday is coming and, (well you know) will start again. Shoot!

Pam, Great job on Tabatacise. Glad you are up to par on your workouts. You are a workout tyrant! Great on DOM's

Julie, Great job on disc 2 Back & Triceps and the extended stretch. Great job on the DOM's.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I did RWH LIHI Legs Scramble 1. I wasn’t really feeling up to working out when I got home. Just kind of felt blah and wanted to lie around. But I got my clothes on and started and before I knew it was done. So happy the weekend is here. Our weather has been fantastic this week in the 50s so maybe we got an early Spring.

Pam Great job on Tabatacise! Breaks/rests are my middle name. I try not to take too long of one maybe 10-20 seconds but I figure it is better to be able to rest up to give the next round my all then try to do it when I am too winded. I get a nice soreness (light DOMS?) from leg workouts but I don’t get the heavy DOMS where I fail the toilet test very much anymore. I think it is because I am working my legs 3 times a week so they gotten used to having to recover faster.

Janie It is crazy how fast time flies especially when you are having fun which it sounds like you are. Check in when you can we love hearing from you.

Have a great day!

Hi ladies, I forgot to post yesterday! Janie, don't worry about the time getting away from you, it happens to all of us sometimes. I'm glad that you are doing things you love!

Julie great job on LHI legs, especially doing it when you weren't really feeling it! So glad to hear you are getting some nice weather. It is raining here today, but it's supposed to be 70 and sunny tomorrow :)

Yesterday for me was XT bis and tris and core 1. I have some nice little DOMS in my triceps. Today was a rest day for me. I'm getting a pedicure right now, my toes were a mess after skiing. Have a great weekend!

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a lot of polymer clay jewelry today. Will make them into jewelry as soon as I can. Walked the beach today with Rolly and tonight did some stretching.

Pam, Great job on XT bis and tris and core 1. Nice on those DOM's. OOOO! Enjoy your rest day and pedicure. Lucky!

Julie, Great job on last nights RWH LIHI Legs Scramble 1. You are so good doing your workout when you didn't want to. Good for you. Glad your weather is better.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Saturday I did disc 4 and 165 pushups. They never get easier. Then I tacked on MB Abs Circuit + the Extended Stretch. After that was putzing around the house doing a few chores. It was nice out so DH and I went and cleaned up the yard a little. Sunday was heavy strength for legs and back and then lazy the rest of the day. Can’t believe it is Monday already. We are supposed to be in the 70s today which is weird because the rest of the week is supposed to be low 50s/high 40s.

Pam Great job on XT Bis/Tris + Core 1. I love triceps doms. Not sure why but they would have to be my favorite. Maybe I picture the doms magically melting away my bat wings.

Janie Great job on your walk with Rolly! Glad you got it in before the storm hit. Would love to see some pictures of your jewelry if you get a chance.

Have a great day!

Janie Your polymer clay work looks really cool. You are always finding something new and exciting like that to do. Great job on your beach walk and stretching. Oh boy, your storm sounds like it was intense! hope there was no damage from it.

Julie Great job on disc 4, 165 pushups and STILL adding on MB abs and the extended stretch. Wow! And you only have two more push up mania workouts to go! Great job on your heavy strength for legs and back too. Your weather sounds like it is going to be the same as ours. Warm today and tomorrow and then a high of 48 on Wednesday. wacky. You are too funny, but I don't believe you have bat (or as we can them bingo) wings!

Yesterday morning was Cardio leg blast. Today was supposed to be Hard Strikes but I didn't feel like doing that one so I did Athletic Training instead. I hadn't done that one in a long time so it was a nice change. Have a great Monday.

Pam

Last night I did Imax 2! Fun and tough as always! I did not get very good sleep last night so I feel like I am dragging already and I have only been at work a couple of hours.

Pam Great job on CLB and AT! It’s nice to switch things up every now and again. It sad but I am looking forward to Saturday’s workout so I can be 3/4 of the way through with pushup mania.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.