Strength in Numbers

Today was Lift It Hiit It: legs premix scrambled. 39 min? My legs are sooooo sore now, makes me wonder if I'm going to fail the toilet test. LOL! Hope so...

Julie, Great job on Wed. rest day. And for doing Get Glutes on Thurs. How nice to do that as a present for yourself. I need to think more like you. You are very inspiring. So sorry for your cold. If you can try to get some cinnamon and honey into your system right away. Cinnamon oil is best (and taken very carefully because it's hot), but if you don't have that, plane old cinnamon powder work as well. Take it throughout the day like a tsp. 3 times a day with the powder. And cautiously take the oil a lot less 3 times a day. Hope you feel better soon. Darn! We did have a fantastic time with the family. Our tradition now for the McBrides is playing poker. It's so much fun and I'm always so close to winning. 1rst and 2nd winners get something but 3rd place doesn't. I'm usually 3rd place. But it's so fun and great being with the adult kids.

Feel better,

Janie

Janie Great job on LIHI legs, how did you Ike it? How did that toilet test go for you afterwards? :) I hope you have a lovely time visiting with your family! My mother is about over her pneumonia now, which is good. She was feeling well enough to come over for Christmas dinner and yesterday morning she sounded the best she has been.

Julie, Great job on GG as a present to yourself. My present to myself was a big plate of eggs Benedict and has browns :) sorry to hear that you did end up with a cold, I hope you are over it quickly so you can enjoy your time off.

I took Christmas morning as a rest day and yesterday morning was supposed to be RWH plyo Hiit 1 and bonus abs 1, so I doubled up and did that song with the XTRAIN burn sets chest, shoulders and back that had been scheduled for Thursday. Now I'm enjoying the DOMS from that. This morning was Crossfire. Now it's time to do some errands, I hope you have a great weekend!

Pam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did Low Impact HIIT One + Bonus Abs two. Wow!

Pam, LIHI legs, kicked my butt. Literally failed the toilet test. LOL! I loved it. So glad to hear your mom is doing well. Must have been very scarey for you. Wow, doubling up on RWH plyo HiiT 1 and bonus abs 1 and also XTrain burn sets chest, shoulders and back. Very impressive. And for doing this morning CrossFire. Enjoy your weekend as well.

Take care,

Janie

Janie Great job on LI Hiit one and bonus abs two. I did bonus abs two for the first time today - ouch! It is is lot harder than bonus abs one! Congrats on failing the toilet test! :) thanks for your well wishes for my mom. She can be very frustrating because it is so hard to get her to see a doctor, but I knew she was feeling really bad when she didn't put up a fight! My DH says he's worried because he's seeing how stubborn I am going to be at 83!

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but since I took Thursday as a rest day and we aren't going to be here this Wednesday or Thursday mornings I wanted to work out. X10 was on tap for tomorrow, but I decided that was too much the day after Crossfire. RWH LI Hiit with bonus abs 2 was on the calendar for tomorrow, so I did a modification if hashtag. I did the premix that includes LI Hiit one and two and bonus abs 2. That out me right about at an hour which was perfect. We'll see if I'm up for X10 tomorrow :)

Pam

Today was Lift It Hit It: Chest, Triceps and Shoulders. I did a premix. Felt good to use muscles.

Pam, You listen to your body, so tell your honey if there is anything wrong with you, you'd know it. LOL! Great job on the premix that includes LI Hiit one and two and bonus abs 2.

Take care,

Janie

Don't want to start on an odd day for the Getting started rotation, so will be doing yoga until Mon. then will start it up again. Looking forward to it.

Janie

Janie great job on Lift It Hit It: Chest, Triceps and Shoulders and plyo Hiit one and bonus abs two. I haven't done any if the LIHI workouts yet, so looking forward to trying those. Plyo Hiit one is quite intense, isn't it?!

Monday was supposed to be one of the segments from X10 but instead I did x62 which is everything except the fat burning circuit. I was wondering what the heck was wrong with me LOL. That wiped me out big time. Tuesday was Supercuts, the we went to the beach for 2 nights. I did a short run at the beach,maybe a mile , and it about killed me! On New Year's Day we went for a short beach walk, about a mile and a half. Yesterday I doubled up to make up for Cathe workouts that I missed, so I did hard strikes and RWH Low impact Hiit one and bonus abs one. This morning was RWH Hiit circuit upper body. I hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

Pam

Art work/craft today. Please share some prayers to one of my dear friends in UFO group. Ladonna is on a ventilator for the 3rd day today. She has a kidney infection. We all are very worried why she isn't responding sooner to the medications she's getting. I don't know why are group is experiencing these sickness, the 2nd person in a matter of a week to come down with something very serious. The person (Jina) who got a clot in her lungs is slowly recovering at home and has oxygen with her at all times.

Pam, Great job on X10 X62. And for Tues. Supercuts and all the run/walk you did on the beach. O my! Doubled up on Cathe workouts? You brave girl for doing Hard Strikes and RWH Low Impact Hiit and bonus abs 1. YIKES! And for RWH HiiT circuit Upper Body. Cathe is insane with Plyo Hiit 1. Wow!

Take care,

Janie

Looking at old photos and came up with this one. I was in my 20's something and hosting a New Year party. YOUTH!

Janie

Been MIA for a long time but I am back now. I took all of last week off work and stayed at my mom’s dog sitting for her while she was out of town. I ended up getting a full blown respiratory cold/flu (not sure which). I still have congestion and a cough but I am ready to get back to working out. I didn’t get to work out at my mom’s so it has been more than a week doing nothing but laying around and eating junk. I had to get my fat pants out to go to work today. I would love to start the January rotation Cathe posted but I am getting home late tonight so I may have to modify this first week. Plus we will see if I can breathe enough to get through some of the new DVDs.

Janie I didn’t get any cinnamon oil but I had been drinking cinnamon tea with honey. I am glad you had a fun time with your family. I am looking forward to trying these new RWH workouts. Sounds like Lift It Hiit It Legs was a hit! Great job on your other workouts too, LIHICTS, Plyo HiiT 1 + Abs 2! You are doing fantastic! I am so sorry to hear about your friends. What a sad thing to happen. I hope for a speedy recovery for both of them. Wow Janie, that picture of you is so breath taking! You are such a beautie!

Pam Your Christmas breakfast sounded good. Great job on doubling up your workout the next day with Plyo HiiT 1 (+ abs 1) and BS CSB! Great job on Crossfire too! I am glad your mother is doing better. That would be scary at her age. I think we all get more stubborn as we get older even the men. Great job on LIH 1 & 2 double time, X62, Supercuts, beach run (you go girl) and walk, Hardstrikes plus LIH1 + abs 1, and RWH Upper Body Circuit! I am out of breathe just typing all of that.

Have a great day!

I started off with 30/30 tonight. Really felt I needed a familiar workout. I'm kinda afraid of getting injured because when you are aging it's hard to bounce back. It's not so forgiving any more.

Julie, So sorry to hear you have been sick. And glad you are feeling well enough to think about working out again. I really like your plan modifying the first week and testing out the waters while you still have congestion and a cough. I think anything cinnamon and honey will work. Let's hope.

Take care and hope you feel well enough to do the exercises,

Janie

Janie Great job doing your arts and crafts. I have been enjoying seeing some of your glass work on FB. I played with my bottle cutter a little over the holidays, but I still have more work to go there. Oh dear, that is terrible about your friends. Sending prayers their way for sure. I love the picture of you! What a hottie!! And such a beautiful smile!

Julie Oh man, so sorry to hear that you were sick for your vacation, that is no fun at all! I haven't even looked at Cathe's January rotation. I think I have another week or so to go in the XTrain/RWH rotation so I will take a look at it this weekend as I search for the next rotation.

I took Sunday as a rest day even though I technically had rest days on Wednesday and Thursday. I justified it because of the days that I doubled up, so I had done all of the workouts that were on the calendar for the week o_O This morning was tabatacise and it was hard! I made it through, but I did pause between rounds 3 and 4 so that I could catch my breath and have a drink of water.

I was just looking at the forum on my ipad and wondered what happened to my post from yesterday. I came to my computer and here it is, never posted! So happy it was saved though - the new forum software saved it, my computer was even rebooted since I typed it!

Janie Great job listening to your body and doing something that you love and are comfortable with. It is so important to avoid injuries!

This morning for me was RWH LIHI Back, shoulders and biceps plus bonus abs 1. It was tough, but it flow by and I really enjoyed it. I hope you had a great day!

Pam

Total Body Sculpting today. Oh! I wanted to say thank you so much for the Christmas cards. I will do it next year for sure.

Pam, Good job for resting your body on Sun. And for this morning Tabatacise. I bet it was hard! Be careful sweetie (I mean that in a good way) about doubling up too often if at all. Keeping with the program is best, it helps prevent injuries. I've not replied a couple of times and noticed the same thing. Cool. Also for doing RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps and Bonus Abs 1.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Last night I did Plyo HiiT 1 plus X10 Cardio Blast. I don’t know if I am out of shape from taking a week off and/or maybe from being sick but I was spent after that and so red in the face I could have made a tomato look pale. I had to pause and take extra breaks quite often but at least I did it. I surprised myself and could actually (semi) do the 1-arm burpees. Granted they were not as pretty as Cathe’s but I didn’t fall on my face or break anything.

Janie Great job on 30/30! Even though it is exciting to do all the new workouts, it is nice to do something familiar too. You are good at listening to your body. Go slow, allow yourself to modify, take extra breaks. Do what you have to do to stay active and have fun with it. All of that will help you from getting injured. Great job on total Body Sculpting!

Pam Great job on Tabatacise! Given my troubles with plyo 1 and cardio blast, not sure I am up for tackling that one yet. Would probably need breaks between each tabata. Great job on LIHI BSB plus abs 1.

Have a great day!

Tonight was cardio and did the Wedding Video.

Julie, Great job on doing last night's Plyo HiiT 1 plus X10 CardioBlast. I'm sure you were spent because of being sick, a week off and these are hard workouts! Love the pale tomato look. LOL! You are very inspiring for getting through it and , (REALLY?) the one arm burpees? I could only almost do one. LOL You are strong girl! Good for you!

Take care,

Janie

So I guess I am not really following the January rotation since last night was supposed to be Rockout Knockout and I didn’t feel like doing that one. I did RWH Upper Body Circuit instead. It was fun, kept moving and went by fast. It is so cold this morning my poor Ozzie almost had to be carried in this morning. We have about 4-5” of snow and the wind chill was -20 this morning and I think his paws got frozen.

Janie Great job on Wedding Video cardio! I think those 1-arm burpees have more to do with balance than strength. I mean I am sure upper body strength does play into it but you really have to be balanced when doing those so you don't tip over.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on TBS and you are welcome for the Christmas card. I didn't get all of mine out last year, it just happens sometimes so don't worry about that at all. I don't do the doubling up very often, but the ones last week weren't too bad because they were all shorter workouts and I was combining a cardio and a weight workout. But you are right, it can be easy to overdo it.

Julie Great job on Plyo Hiit 1 abd X10 Cardio blast. Ummm...I think maybe you were spent because those are both really tough on their own! They are short I know, but they both just go go go! I was surprised that I was able to do those 1-armed burpees too. I really didn't think I would be able to.

Janie Great job on the wedding video. An oldie but a goodie!

Julie Great job on RWH Upper Body Circuit, I really enjoyed that one as well. Oh my gosh. I thought it was cold here, but at least we don't have snow and it is in the teens. A lot of our schools were opening on a delay because of the cold. Poor Ozzie :(. I tried to get Jasper to stay inside last night but he just isn't comfortable. I put a heating pad on his little bed that he sleeps in and he seemed to like that, but he was still cold this morning. At least I was able to get him to come in and warm up for awhile.

It looks like I forgot to post yesterday, sorry about that. I got busy with work and forgot. Yesterday was AOLIH I did the extreme cardio premix which does the whole workout and then the LI floor cardio again at the end. That makes it 52 minutes instead of only 30 something so that was pretty good. This morning was RWH Chest, shoulders and triceps. My muscles are all talking to me now so I know I will have some serious DOMs tomorrow! Ouch! Have a great day.

Pam

Today was Total Body Sculpting. I like that one.

Pam, Great job on AOLIH, the extreme cardio premix. And this mornings RWH Chest, shoulders and triceps. Congrats on the DOM's.

Julie, Great job on RWH Upper Body Circuit. Have to do what you like. It's OK to not entirely go with the rotation. I'm proud of you for what you are doing. Very inspiring. Brrrrrrrrr, please stay safe and warm. Poor Ozzie, give her a big hug for me.

Take care,

Janie

Janie Great job on TBS....hmm...I'm not sure is I have that one? Is it an older one?

This morning was supposed to be either Ride or Crossfire for me. I didn't feel like spinning and I've done Crossfire a couple of times recently, so I did To the Max instead. I decided I didn't need to do the core work since I did core yesterday and I don't really like the core in that one, so when we got to core and I did the two bonus tabatas. That wiped me out! Happy Friday ladies! I thought I was going to be working this weekend, but it is starting to look like I'm going to get everything done today that I need to get done Yea!!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.