Strength in Numbers

Last night I did a Get Glutes strength workout. I wasn’t as careful last night and strained my lat some more during the Romanian deadlifts. It is weird though because I can do pullups (assisted anyway) and it doesn’t bother my lat but must be something with the dl causing the issue.

Pam I saved the link for the cheesecake for next year. It looks delicious but I made the mistake of looking at the nutrition counts. Maybe I will forget by next year. Great job on RWH UBC! I am getting impatient about starting those but I only have another week and a half to go with my Get Glutes rotation.

Janie Wow you have been very busy. I hope you can find that calm time you need. Don’t worry about posting. This time of year can be especially hard.

Have a great day!

There's been a change of plans and will stay at the BH until Sat. Sat will move back to Shelton. LOL

Julie, I will post for sure. Great job on Get Glutes. Oh no, do be careful with your lat strain. So easy to do when you want to continue on and it's feeling OK. That's when it's most vulnerable. I know. sigh...

Take care,

Janie

Last night I did Pedal Power Timesaver (can’t remember which one). I don’t mind the hover jumps in PP and the only thing I can think is that she moves her hand position from 2 to 3 during them which is nicer on my back. Gotta remember that for CM and Ride.

Janie That is exactly my problem. I feel pretty good and then I do something with heavy weight and bam, back to knowing that my lat is not healed. I have learned heavy deadlifts are out for a while. Enjoy your extra time at the beach house.

Have a great day!

Janie Too funny, I was feeling bad about being MIA and then came and saw your post about being MIA. It has been busy! I can relate to needing some calm time! I am officially on vacation, but spent most of the first day working. Now I'm doing a mix of working, Christmas shopping, getting ready for a big dinner party tomorrow night and enjoying the kids being around.

Julie Great job on GG but oh no!!! You strained your lat some more :( that isn't good! That is too funny that you aren't making the cheesecake because of the nutrition counts! It probably isn't QUITE as bad as they say, because I never use all of the caramel. It certainly isn't a diet food though. ;)

Janie Enjoy your longer stay at the BH. i hope you get some calm time!

Julie Great job on pedal power. That is an interesting observation on the hover jumps! Maybe you will start loving them :D

I feel like I have been running around like crazy since my 'vacation' started and can't believe it is already Thursday night. I worked most of Tuesday but have only been working a little each day since then. Yesterday morning I did XTrain disc 5 legs and the abs from BM2. This morning was TTM and I did the Extreme pre-mix. It definitely kicked my butt. I did get my Christmas cards done, got some shopping done and have been getting food ready for our dinner party for 18 people tomorrow night. After that is over I can concentrate on finishing Christmas shopping and doing some wrapping. My workouts are the only thing keeping me sane. Have a great day ladies.

Pam

Didn't get much sleep last night. To make a long story short, a dear dear friend of mine was starting to get sick at UFO. I offered to take her to the hospital. Felt her head an no fever, but she was sweating and having pain in her back and tummy. After we all left for home I got ready for bed and couldn't sleep. Tossed and turned until I saw the clock being 3am. I took out my computer in hopes to do something on it to make me go to sleep. On FB there was a message from my dear friend who said she drove herself to the hospital and doctors told her she had a clot in her right lung. I asked if I could help in anyway...I went to see her at the hospital and she is soooooo sick. Gave her presents which seemed she seemed to enjoy. Stayed there until she finally fell asleep after a couple of meds that didn't work until of course that last one. I'll see her again tomorrow. From what I understand, it will take a long time for her to heal.

Pam, Sounds like your typical and wonderful time of year. Yep busy, but wonderful. You are spot on about describing MIA during this time and wanting some calm time. LOL. Great job on XTrain disc 5 legs and abs from BM2. And this mornings TTM's Extreme premix. Have fun with your guests at your Christmas party, it sounds so lovely. Pictures maybe? Workouts are certainly a Godsend for sure.

Julie, Great job on Pedal Power Timesaver. Make sure you let your lat heal. Poor thing.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Last night I did Get Glutes strength workout. I was able to do all the exercises without pain in my lat muscle. I am starting to wonder though if it is not my lat but a different muscle. I did 1-arm rows with no problem but I know that it is still touchy because I have to be careful how I flip over at night in bed. Weird. Anyway, leaving work early today to get my Christmas shopping done (finally). We have 1 party to go to tonight so I have to get those presents for sure. The other one is Sunday and I have to use Saturday to do my normal errands, chores, plus make desserts for Sunday.

Pam Great job on XTrain Legs + BM2 abs, and TTM Extreme! Looks like you are going to be quite the busy little bee the next several days. I hope once Christmas is over, you can get some down time. I so agree that workouts are the only thing that keep me sane not only this time of year but almost any time of the year. No one else but you guys get that. My family thinks I am nuts.

Janie Oh that sounds so terrifying! I am glad she did end up taking herself to the hospital or that would have been much worse. You are a dear friend to check up on her and go see her in the hospital. I hope she has a speedy recovery and doesn’t have to spend too much of the holidays in the hospital.

Have a great day!

Tomorrow is moving day back to Shelton. Will miss my friends, but they are only 2 hours away.

Julie, Great job on Get Glutes. Yea! No pain in your lat muscle. Enjoy your party and on Sunday as well.

Take care,

Janie

Janie oh my, so sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like a very dangerous situation, but thank goodness she went to the hospital when she did. I hope that she is doing better now. What a good friend you are for being there for her. Enjoy your time in Shelton!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/B]

Last edited:
Jukie Great jib in GG, I'm glad to hear you didn't have any pain in your late. Hmmm, maybe you are right that it is a different muscle. One arm rows are pretty intense on the he lats. I hope were able to get all of your shopping and errands done. I have made a real dent, but still have more shopping to do, and of course I invited everyone over for Christmas dinner so will have another big dinner to prepare. It won't be as elaborate as Fridays though. My family thinks I am crazy too. I am the only one in my family who has ever exercised just to exercise. Luckily my DH understands how important it is to my sanity!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm using this dumb tapatalk and can't figure out how to do a multi reply. Anyway, the party in Friday was a big success, we had a great time. Last night my sister had us over so I made cookies and an appetizer to take over there. Today I did some Christmas shopping but still have more to do. Yesterday I took a rest day because I was tired from Friday night. This morning was RWH LI Hiit 1 plus bonus abs one. It's pretty short and since Julie said it looked kind've easy I did the extreme premix that doubles it. That was a pretty good workout. I think the regular way would not have felt as good, but the double version did the trick for sure! Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Happy Monday. This morning for me was RWH lift it hit it legs and another one that all I can say is wow! It is only 40 minutes, but I was happy when she glad it was the last set! It is non stop. She does these snow angel jacks that are just killers! Hope you both have a great day!
Pam

Friday afternoon I took off work early and did Christmas shopping. Then that night, we went to DH’s family for their Christmas get together. Saturday morning I did Afterburn Double Trouble, ran errands and then came home to do chores and make desserts for my family get together. Sunday morning I did a Get Glutes strength workout and then ate way too much at my family get together. Looking forward to my salad tonight to hopefully detox from the sugar overload yesterday.

Janie Hope you got all settled in at Shelton and are doing well. Hopefully Spring is just around the corner and you can go back to the beach house again soon.

Pam Great job on RWH LIH1 plus abs 1. LOL! I was scared when you said you doubled it because I said it looked easy. I was waiting for you to say I was nuts and that it really was hard. Glad the double premix worked just perfect for you. Your weekend sounded busy. Hopefully you will have the next few days to get ready for Christmas. DH and I so happy that this year we don’t have anywhere to go that day so we are planning a Big Bang Theory marathon party with our furbabies.

Have a great day!

Made it to Shelton, taking a lot of work to unpack. LOL!

Julie, All you need to do is click the "Reply" button from each person and it will go into the message box. But it only works only one page at a time. There might be a way to do more than two pages at a time, but I don't know how. LOL. Something about when you call up "Forum" you do something on the forum you want and bring up unread messages. I don't know. Ha! Great job on Fri. for Christmas shopping and DH's Christmas get together. Sat. for doing Afterburn Double Trouble and errands and chores. Sun. for Get Glutes. Every now and then overeating is expected. LOL Don't fret about it, just enjoy. Salads are good for overindulging.

Pam, Great j ob on RWH lift it hit it legs. I'm scared about the new DVD's. Will be doing them after Christmas.

Take care,

Janie

Last night I did Intensity. Had to take a break in the middle of the step segment and before the hiit segment but I made it through. Woke up this morning with a slightly scratchy throat. I am going to be bummed if I get sick. I am off work next week so I better not be sick then. Nothing worse than being sick on your vacation. I was sick last winter over my vacation and do not want to repeat that.

Janie I bet it is a lot of work to unpack all of that. You basically move your whole household. Don't be scared of the new DVDs. You rock out to 30/30 all the time so I know you will be fine. Plus you are smart enough to know when to modify and when to back off. I plan on starting some of the new ones next week but am starting with the low impact hiits.

Have a great day!

I got Christmas cards from so many people. Please forgive me for not sending any out this year. Wrapped presents and did a little bit of yoga just to stretch some. Now I need to put away the rest of our unpacked stuff and clean the house. It got dusty.

Julie, Great job on last night's Intensity. Breaks are good! For your scratchy throat, take cinnamon oil and honey. It works or lessons it. I really am so ready to take on the new DVD's. After Christmas there isn't anything going on for awhile and it's great just to start fresh. Thank you for the confidence.

Take care,

Janie

Last night I was feeling any better or any worse so I decided to do a lightened up Get Glutes strength. That was a big step for me considering I usually am like a train with nothing stopping me to do my workouts as planned. I didn’t get the best sleep last night because of my throat but at least tomorrow is a day off work with no plans but to stay home.

Janie No worries on not sending out cards. I don’t have cinnamon oil but I will probably make some nice tea with honey in it when I get home from work and for staying home tomorrow. Great job on fitting in some yoga. During this time of year, I am sure yoga is helping take the edge of some of the stress of moving houses and the holidays.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Today is a nice and relaxing day. All the presents are wrapped, just got out of the hot tub with hubby and now I'll be playing my guitar. How sweet is that? Tomorrow will be leaving to visit with the kids. Haven't seen them for awhile and looking forward spending Christmas with everyone.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas with lots of love in my heart for you. Hoping you get the things you need and want, but most of all wishing you the best of health. Love you so very much.

Julie, Great job on your judgement of a Light Get Glutes strength. Enjoy your day off from work.

Take care and Happy Christmas,

Janie

Merry Christmas ladies! I hope you both have a fabulous day. Julie, I hope you aren't coming down with anything. We have had a lot of sick people here - my mom, my sister, my brother and my nephew. I am just hoping to stay healthy! I can't remember when I checked in last or what I have done since then, but I have been getting my workouts in every day except I took today as a rest day. I know I did XTrain bis and tris the other day and RWH lower body circuit. These are great workouts, but I do think I will need to try out some of the he premixes since they are all kind've short workouts. Las tonight we had Christmas Eve dinner at my SILs house with all of our kids and all of their kids. It was a really nice dinner and a great time. Now we are just waiting for the kids to arrive here to do our gifts with them and dinner with the kids and my family (at least those who are healthy enough to come) today. Have a wonderful day ladies!

Pam

Just getting last things ready and done before we take out 2 hr. drive to one of Joe's kids for Christmas. It will be lots of fun, it always is.

Pam, It's the season I guess for people to get sick, but my lambs, seems it's hit you and your family hard this year. Try to get better fast. (Hugs and prayers for all of you). Glad you are taking a rest day. Pamper yourself K? Great job for doing XTrain bis and tris, RWH lower body circuit. I love a big gathering for Christmas dinner. How nice! Enjoy the rest of the day. Merry Christmas sweetheart.

Be well and healthy,

Janie

Wednesday night I took off from working out hoping to get over my cold. I didn’t feel too bad Thursday morning so I did my favorite Get Glutes strength workout as a present to myself. Then it was a relaxing day for DH and I with the dogs. This morning though, I woke up and feel my cold even more. Last day of work though until January 5th.

Janie Your day sounded perfect with getting your presents wrapped, the hot tub, and playing your guitar. Hope you had a wonderful visit with your family!

Pam Great job on keeping up with your workouts. Unfortunately I did get bit by the cold bug. I am hoping it goes away quick though. I start vacation after today and don’t want to be down at all during that time. I am looking forward to trying the new RWH workouts next week so I need to get better for them.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.